Cohen about to Flip

46,019 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quash
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

HuMcK said:

Sam Lowry said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

I'm just glad Trumps is draining that swamp.
The economy is crushing it. Unemployment is incredibly low. The majority of people believe the country is moving in the right direction. We're not involved in any major foreign conflicts. People have more money in their pocket.
But yeah, let's spend our entire energy on peripheral scumbags to Trump in the hopes we can take him down, because that's really what's best for this country, not the other stuff I mentioned.

Crime can balloon up, unemployment can be at record highs, but hey, as long as Trump is removed, that's all that seems to matter to you.

Peripheral? really? His Fixer and campaign chief are hardly Peripheral. The posse is catching up to him. I don't know if he will be removed or not, but he won't get re elected.
He won't be removed for a couple of campaign finance violations. If this is all they have, it'll be well forgotten by 2020.

Really speaks to how morally low the Right has sunk in America these days. Felony crimes are now no big deal for Trump, the habitual liar who pays off mistresses to keep quiet and perpetually screws everyone around him. And yet, he can still count on the support of the "moral majority".
Not really. It's hard to imagine a president of any party being removed for this.
Clinton was impeached for doing less.
Sam Lowry
Jinx 2 said:

Bill Clinton got away with more. A lot more.

His campaign received millions of dollars from Chinese nationals, including government officials, seeking to influence our elections and policies. The investigation led to the return of $2.8 million in illegal contributions and 22 criminal convictions. 120 people fled the country, pleaded the Fifth Amendment, or otherwise stonewalled. You may remember how the news media at the time were in full frenzy mode...over Gianni Versace and Princess Diana. Collusion with a foreign power didn't even rate as a major scandal in the Clinton anthology.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Jinx 2 said:

Bill Clinton got away with more. A lot more. His campaign received millions of dollars from Chinese nationals, including government officials, seeking to influence our elections and policies. The investigation led to the return of $2.8 million in illegal contributions and 22 criminal convictions. 120 people fled the country, pleaded the Fifth Amendment, or otherwise stonewalled. You may remember how the news media at the time were in full frenzy mode...over Gianni Versace and Princess Diana. Collusion with foreign powers didn't even rate as a major scandal in the Clinton anthology.
Sam they don't care.

The rules apply to everyone else but them.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
cinque
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Jinx 2 said:

q hClinton was impeached for doing less.
Bill Clinton got away with more. A lot more. His campaign received millions of dollars from Chinese nationals, including government officials, seeking to influence our elections and policies. The investigation led to the return of $2.8 million in illegal contributions and 22 criminal convictions. 120 people fled the country, pleaded the Fifth Amendment, or otherwise stonewalled. You may remember how the news media at the time were in full frenzy mode...over Gianni Versace and Princess Diana. Collusion with foreign powers didn't even rate as a major scandal in the Clinton anthology.
Sam they don't care.

It remains to be seen the extent to which Fat Nixon is criminally exposed. When/ if we learn that he had foreknowledge of Russian hacking and he or his team worked with the Russians to affect the outcome of our election, his goose is cooked.
Make Racism Wrong Again
quash
cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Jinx 2 said:

Sam they don't care.

It remains to be seen the extent to which Fat Nixon is criminally exposed. When/ if we learn that he had foreknowledge of Russian hacking and he or his team worked with the Russians to affect the outcome of our election, his goose is cooked.

Who is gonna cook it?
And do you really want Pence?

I'd prefer the voters handle this.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
cinque
quash said:

cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Jinx 2 said:

Sam they don't care.

Who is gonna cook it?
And do you really want Pence?

I'd prefer the voters handle this.
I prefer that the institutions we have set up to preserve and protect US norms be used to call Fat Nixon into account.
Make Racism Wrong Again
JusHappy2BeHere
I sort of get why some people who were disenchanted with the system and wanted to shake things up, would vote for him... but I don't understand at all why so many continue to stand behind him even now....

Donald Trump is a phony... a fraud... his promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University.... he's not strong... he is actually weak... he's a bully... a cartoon character... When he is gone I don't think he'll be missed... in fact, I don't think he's a conservative. I think he's a fake and a charlatan. This man is a pathological liar. He doesn't know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth, and in a pattern that seems like it's straight out of a psychology textbook, his response is to accuse everybody else of lying.

If you have been waiting for him to change, it's not going to happen.... he is what he is and what he is, is bad for America.
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Sam Lowry
JusHappy2BeHere said:

I sort of get why some people who were disenchanted with the system and wanted to shake things up, would vote for him... but I don't understand at all why so many continue to stand behind him even now....

Donald Trump is a phony... a fraud... his promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University.... he's not strong... he is actually weak... he's a bully... a cartoon character... When he is gone I don't think he'll be missed... in fact, I don't think he's a conservative. I think he's a fake and a charlatan. This man is a pathological liar. He doesn't know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth, and in a pattern that seems like it's straight out of a psychology textbook, his response is to accuse everybody else of lying.

If you have been waiting for him to change, it's not going to happen.... he is what he is and what he is, is bad for America.
His policies are innovative, he's one of the least corrupt presidents in recent memory, and you want him to not be an a******, too?

Meh. Two out of three seems pretty good to me.
JusHappy2BeHere
Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

His policies are innovative, he's one of the least corrupt presidents in recent memory, and you want him to not be an a******, too?

you absolutely have a blind spot if you think he's not corrupt....he's hired every thief in America to work for him. He's robbing the US blind while "giving his salary to charity" He hasn't drained the swamp.... he's swamped the drain.
Sam Lowry
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

you absolutely have a blind spot if you think he's not corrupt....he's hired every thief in America to work for him. He's robbing the US blind while "giving his salary to charity" He hasn't drained the swamp.... he's swamped the drain.
The swamp would disagree. Its residents aren't happy.
JusHappy2BeHere
Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

what in the Sam Hill are you talking about? Everyone he's hired has used the US Government as their personal piggy bank!!!
Sam Lowry
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

what in the Sam Hill are you talking about? Everyone he's hired has used the US Government as their personal piggy bank!!!
I don't know about all that. It's a facile claim, often repeated, but proof seems lacking.

The swamp is the military, the bureaucracy, and the permanent government. With due respect to Quash, when you hear that Trump is attacking institutions...that's when the swamp is being drained.
Booray
Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Hah!.

Any other president would take pains to avoid even the appearance he was enriching himself through the office. Trump has turned his presidency into a non-stop commercial for his businesses; his surrogates tried to do the same for Ivanka. We have no idea what other conflicts of interest he has becuase he refuses to release his tax returns. If he, Cohen and Manafort shared tax preparer, I think I know why. Price and Pruitt had to go because of ham-fisted greed. Ben Carson tried to replicate Versailles in his office; Ryan ZInke wants to sell America to energy companies.

Most of all, he is responsible for getting us to a place where objective truth does not matter. So I'll agree he has been "innovative"; but not corrupt is just a sick joke.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I don't know about all that. It's a facile claim, often repeated, but proof seems lacking.

The swamp is the military, the bureaucracy, and the permanent government. With due respect to Quash, when you hear that Trump is attacking institutions...that's when the swamp is being drained.

What innovative policy is draining the military--industrial-congressional complex swamp?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Booray
Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

You are confusing "attacking on twitter" with draining. Everyone is still there, just hunkered down. All Trump does is complain, mostly about his own government and appointees. If he wants to reform Washington, fine. Give us something we can believe in. Build a transparent FBI, DOJ, CIA, NSA, EPA and any other acronym you want.

So tell me what policy he has adopted, what law he spearheaded that is going to build a better government.
Sam Lowry
Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Hah!.

Any other president would take pains to avoid even the appearance he was enriching himself through the office. Trump has turned his presidency into a non-stop commercial for his businesses; his surrogates tried to do the same for Ivanka. We have no idea what other conflicts of interest he has becuase he refuses to release his tax returns. If he, Cohen and Manafort shared tax preparer, I think I know why. Price and Pruitt had to go because of ham-fisted greed. Ben Carson tried to replicate Versailles in his office; Ryan ZInke wants to sell America to energy companies.

Most of all, he is responsible for getting us to a place where objective truth does not matter. So I'll agree he has been "innovative"; but not corrupt is just a sick joke.
I'm sure he's a vulgarian and a huckster. I expected nothing less. That's hardly the kind of corruption I'm talking about.
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

What innovative policy is draining the military--industrial-congressional complex swamp?
Which one has drawn the most outrage? You'll know without having to think. It was the one expressed at Helsinki.
JusHappy2BeHere
Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Hah!.

I'm sure he's a vulgarian and a huckster. I expected nothing less. That's hardly the kind of corruption I'm talking about.
it's like those that woship him only see what they hoped he would be and call that reality
quash
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Which one has drawn the most outrage? You'll know without having to think. It was the one expressed at Helsinki.

Backing Putin and backstabbing the U.S. is hardly a swamp draining act. Helsinki is what caused Cohen to flip.

The use of child separation as a deterrent may have drawn more outrage. And didn't drain the swamp at all.

Renting out Trump swampview property looks corrupt to me. You can defend it as vaguely legal but that doesn't lift the swampstink. Especially if you define the swamp as going inside the Beltway for personal gain.
JusHappy2BeHere
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Backing Putin and backstabbing the U.S. is hardly a swamp draining act. Helsinki is what caused Cohen to flip.

The use of child separation as a deterrent may have drawn more outrage. And didn't drain the swamp at all.

Renting out Trump swampview property looks corrupt to me. You can defend it as vaguely legal but that doesn't lift the swampstink. Especially if you define the swamp as going inside the Beltway for personal gain.
I have never gotten why the Trumpers are ok with this... they act like he is a saint for donating his salary, but ignore that he's spent almost 200 days so far in Trump owned hotels and resorts and those rooms for all of the staff and secret service are being paid for with tax dollars and they are enriching the President.
GoneGirl
JusHappy2BeHere said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I have never gotten why the Trumpers are ok with this... they act like he is a saint for donating his salary, but ignore that he's spent almost 200 days so far in Trump owned hotels and resorts and those rooms for all of the staff and secret service are being paid for with tax dollars and they are enriching the President.
Not to mention the umpteen members of his family he's put on the payroll. Are they ALL donating their time? They might as well, become none of them are qualified for their positions.

I recall numerous posts complaining about the cost of Obama's vacations to the government because, not being a rich guy, he had to rent a house in Hawaii--his home state--for his family, which meant the government also had to rent accommodations for his retinue. And several posters complained repeatedly about the amount of time Obama spent on the golf course.

But I haven't heard word one about Trumps' frequent golf games or his long weekends at Mar A Lago or Trump resorts, where the government pays Trump businesses for lodging for his retinue. Small potatoes compared to his other misdeeds - selling us out to Putin (I think we're going to find out he owes Putin money, and we may find out that he isn't releasing his tax returns because he may have committed the same sort of tax fraud Manafort has), bombasting his own staff, constantly accusing other people of lying when he has lied so much about different things you need a diagram to keep the story lines straight, pissing off our allies, letting Jeff Sessions kidnap children from foreign nationals seeking asylum here and then lose track of them, and constantly presenting this pompous story about how great and all-knowing he is when it's obvious that he doesn't have a clue what the presidency is or that his role is servant leadership, not self-aggrandizement and increased brand recognition.

How long are you guys going to make excuses for this sorry excuse for a man?
D. C. Bear
Jinx 2 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Not to mention the umpteen members of his family he's put on the payroll. Are they ALL donating their time? They might as well, become none of them are qualified for their positions.

I recall numerous posts complaining about the cost of Obama's vacations to the government because, not being a rich guy, he had to rent a house in Hawaii--his home state--for his family, which meant the government also had to rent accommodations for his retinue. And several posters complained repeatedly about the amount of time Obama spent on the golf course.

But I haven't heard word one about Trumps' frequent golf games or his long weekends at Mar A Lago or Trump resorts, where the government pays Trump businesses for lodging for his retinue. Small potatoes compared to his other misdeeds - selling us out to Putin (I think we're going to find out he owes Putin money, and we may find out that he isn't releasing his tax returns because he may have committed the same sort of tax fraud Manafort has), bombasting his own staff, constantly accusing other people of lying when he has lied so much about different things you need a diagram to keep the story lines straight, pissing off our allies, letting Jeff Sessions kidnap children from foreign nationals seeking asylum here and then lose track of them, and constantly presenting this pompous story about how great and all-knowing he is when it's obvious that he doesn't have a clue what the presidency is or that his role is servant leadership, not self-aggrandizement and increased brand recognition.

If you haven't heard about Trump's visits to "Mar A Lago" or wherever, you haven't been reading the news.
J.R.
He's acting like a cornered animal. Oh, and have you heard his latest...He said that he thinks "flipping" should be illegal. He is effing insane. Cray Cray, I tell you.
GoneGirl
D. C. Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

If you haven't heard about Trump's visits to "Mar A Lago" or wherever, you haven't been reading the news.
On this board; certainly the papers have reported it.

There's a huge double-standard on Sicem when it comes to the misdeeds of Republican politicians v. Democrats. Clinton's adultery was unconscionable and disgusting! Trump's is either fake news or ignored by the Christian right cuz SCOTUS.
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I don't think diplomacy is backstabbing. I don't think you ever did either, until now. What happened?
Sam Lowry
Jinx 2 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I never posted a word about Obama's vacations or golf games, and I couldn't care less about Trump's. The whole subject is boring and petty.
riflebear
JusHappy2BeHere said:

You lost me, which one are you talking about again being a corrupt pathological liar - Hillary or Obama?
riflebear
Doc Holliday
Wait, What? Get caught being a Democrat pedo and have thousands of classified emails gets you 21 months (Anthony Wiener), but working for Trump and not paying some taxes gets at least 4-6 years?

Sounds like equal Justice to me.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
J.R.
Sam Lowry said:

Jinx 2 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Sam Lowry said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I never posted a word about Obama's vacations or golf games, and I couldn't care less about Trump's. The whole subject is boring and petty.
There is a huge difference between the 2. I don't care one wit if any President plays alot of golf. They have a hard job and need some downtime. However, the clear difference is WE a paying for that ***** to enrich himself at his clubs. Yes, WE (taxpayers) are paying for him to live it up at his clubs.
J.R.
riflebear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

You lost me, which one are you talking about again being a corrupt pathological liar - Hillary or Obama?
Again, neither of those 2 are president. Focus, son.
riflebear
Anyone want to take bets on whether CNN will issue a correction to their story or even report on it at all? Remember the raging liberal press going off on these reports (and many on this board)? They will just move on to their next conspiracy theory from 'anonymous sources'.

Anyone surprised?

JusHappy2BeHere
riflebear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

and, full disclosure, the bolded section are not so much mine as they are direct quotes from Mitt Romney, Lindsey Graham, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz.
Sam Lowry
J.R. said:

There is a huge difference between the 2. I don't care one wit if any President plays alot of golf. They have a hard job and need some downtime. However, the clear difference is WE a paying for that ***** to enrich himself at his clubs. Yes, WE (taxpayers) are paying for him to live it up at his clubs.
Let me just bottom line this for you, J.R. There are three elements that have to be in place to bring down a president. The first is some kind of wrongdoing, which is almost always present. The second is a hostile press, which is always present if he's a Republican. The third is an American public sufficiently angry to want him gone. If we want him gone, we'll convince ourselves he deserves impeachment for putting ketchup on his steak. If we don't, he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and it wouldn't matter. Things like renting out his clubs, having affairs, or hiring his kids are not things that anyone cares about per se. Not me, not you, not anybody.

In other words, this is a whole lot of sound and fury signifying the fact that you're pissed off about steel prices and Jinx is pissed off about SCOTUS.
J.R.
Sam Lowry said:

J.R. said:

Let me just bottom line this for you, J.R. There are three elements that have to be in place to bring down a president. The first is some kind of wrongdoing, which is almost always present. The second is a hostile press, which is always present if he's a Republican. The third is an American public sufficiently angry to want him gone. If we want him gone, we'll convince ourselves he deserves impeachment for putting ketchup on his steak. If we don't, he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and it wouldn't matter. Things like renting out his clubs, having affairs, or hiring his kids are not things that anyone cares about per se. Not me, not you, not anybody.

In other words, this is a whole lot of sound and fury signifying the fact that you're pissed off about steel prices and Jinx is pissed off about SCOTUS.
No, Sammy, you have my position all wrong. I think he is a crook, bully, lacks integrity, morality, leadership. I think is bad for Merica. That's it. He is just a POS

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.