Del Rio Border

42,656 Views | 607 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Cobretti
Wangchung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

You have no data that proves otherwise. Remaining illegal is the definition of non-assimilation.

Again you ate defining your way out of the problem. Mexican immigrants, legal or not, assimilate more quickly than previous national cohorts using intermarriage as a barometer.

I asked you for a different metric of assimilation and the best you can offer is "illegal is unassimilated."

Assimilation takes place over generations. That's why many of us had great grandparents who didn't speak English, and parents who can't speak their great grandparents's language.

The topic isn't legal immigrants. I get it, you can't get the results you want when only illegal alien's assimilation metric are measured, so you HAVE to include legal. You also have to change the definition of illegal alien to mean "Hispanics" in order to push your opinion that illegals assimilate faster than older groups of legal immigrants. Your theory is garbage.

I can't believe I have to say this out loud. Again.

Assimilation is generational. Most of the second generation and all of third are citizens. By that generation Hispanic migrants, even those descended from illegal migrants, are more assimilated than were cohorts from Ireland, Eastern Europe, Asia, etc.

You want to judge levels of cultural assimilation in the first generation? Fine. I ask, again, what metric would you use? And try something non-circular.

Assimilation is not solely generational, that is a ridiculous claim. Maybe that's what is tripping you up in this conversation, that you think assimilation can only happen through children and grandchildren. Learning the language is one metric of assimilation. Being a LEGAL citizen is a major metric, so no, illegal aliens are not assimilating if they are not following our laws. You've shown zero evidence that illegals assimilate faster than any other group. None. Zip. Nada.
quash
Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

You have no data that proves otherwise. Remaining illegal is the definition of non-assimilation.

Again you ate defining your way out of the problem. Mexican immigrants, legal or not, assimilate more quickly than previous national cohorts using intermarriage as a barometer.

I asked you for a different metric of assimilation and the best you can offer is "illegal is unassimilated."

Assimilation takes place over generations. That's why many of us had great grandparents who didn't speak English, and parents who can't speak their great grandparents's language.

The topic isn't legal immigrants. I get it, you can't get the results you want when only illegal alien's assimilation metric are measured, so you HAVE to include legal. You also have to change the definition of illegal alien to mean "Hispanics" in order to push your opinion that illegals assimilate faster than older groups of legal immigrants. Your theory is garbage.

I can't believe I have to say this out loud. Again.

Assimilation is generational. Most of the second generation and all of third are citizens. By that generation Hispanic migrants, even those descended from illegal migrants, are more assimilated than were cohorts from Ireland, Eastern Europe, Asia, etc.

You want to judge levels of cultural assimilation in the first generation? Fine. I ask, again, what metric would you use? And try something non-circular.

Assimilation is not solely generational, that is a ridiculous claim. Maybe that's what is tripping you up in this conversation, that you think assimilation can only happen through children and grandchildren. Learning the language is one metric of assimilation. Being a LEGAL citizen is a major metric, so no, illegal aliens are not assimilating if they are not following our laws. You've shown zero evidence that illegals assimilate faster than any other group. None. Zip. Nada.

Sigh. I have given you the evidence. You reject it because the cohort consists of citizens by the third generation. Actually, it is your definition, legality, that underpins the very point I'm making: the descendants of illegal migrants become citizens.

But the larger and more salient point is not about legality, but about cultural assimilation, which is where this started. And I gave you the data on that.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Wangchung
No, you gave data on Hispanics who marry citizens. Neat. That's legal immigration. That does not prove anything about illegals and their assimilation rates. It's silly to even try to make such a claim. You don't have any data on illegal aliens so you've decided legal Hispanic immigrants will fill in nicely, but that's not how reality works, my friend.
quash
Wangchung said:

No, you gave data on Hispanics who marry citizens. Neat. That's legal immigration. That does not prove anything about illegals and their assimilation rates. It's silly to even try to make such a claim. You don't have any data on illegal aliens so you've decided legal Hispanic immigrants will fill in nicely, but that's not how reality works, my friend.

Again, you overlook the key point: the rate of intermarriage. And by the third generation it is a marriage of two citizens. So the Hispanic woman marries a non-Hispanic man, but they are both citizens. The RATE of such intermarriage is what distinguishes this cohort.

The study I posted had nothing, at all, to do with gaining citizenship through marriage.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Wangchung
quash said:

Wangchung said:

Again, you overlook the key point: the rate of intermarriage. And by the third generation it is a marriage of two citizens. So the Hispanic woman marries a non-Hispanic man, but they are both citizens. The RATE of such intermarriage is what distinguishes this cohort.

The study I posted had nothing, at all, to do with gaining citizenship through marriage.

It was solely about Hispanics marrying citizens. That is legal immigration. Period. Not sure why you're having such a hard time understanding the topic.
Wangchung
Okay, after going back and reading your conversation with TheOriginalUniversityofTexas I understand how we got off track. I was just responding to you and didn't see that y'all were speaking on the topic of generational assimilation. I kinda of derailed the topic, not you. I'm discussing illegal immigration assimilation rates of the illegals themselves and you two were not. This one is on me.
quash
Wangchung said:

Okay, after going back and reading your conversation with TheOriginalUniversityofTexas I understand how we got off track. I was just responding to you and didn't see that y'all were speaking on the topic of generational assimilation. I kinda of derailed the topic, not you. I'm discussing illegal immigration assimilation rates of the illegals themselves and you two were not. This one is on me.

Thank you. You were wearing me out.
Wangchung
My apologies.
Jacques Strap
Good news!

TSA Says It Will Accept Arrest Warrants as ID for Illegal Aliens at Airports

What sort of identification do you need to fly from a U.S. airport? According to the Transporation Security Agency (TSA), there are 16 forms of ID you can use to board an airplane. Generally, they include any government-issued ID like a driver's license or a passport as well as military IDs, transportation worker cards, and a border crossing card.

And, if you're an illegal alien and can't manufacture your own ID or buy it, you can use your government-issued arrest warrant.

Responding to Republican Texas Rep. Lance Gooden's Dec. 15 inquiry about illegal migrants flying across the country, TSA Administrator David Pekoske explained that certain Department of Homeland Security (DHS) documents may be considered acceptable forms of alternate identification for non-citizens, including a "Warrant for Arrest of Alien" and a "Warrant of Removal/Deportation."
Wangchung
Incredible. What's going on at the southern border is a million times worse than Jan 6, 2021 and it is fully supported by this administration.
Cobretti
Cobretti

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
A whole bunch of illegals (mostly single men) were delivered to the San Antonio Airport this past week and all were scheduled to fly to other destinations.

I thought the Supreme Court ruled that the Biden Administration must reinstate the Remain in Mexico policy? Why is Biden ignoring the order? If the Supreme Court's rulings aren't going to be followed and enforced, what is the point of having a Supreme Court?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
GrowlTowel
Booray said:

What is it that Joe Biden should have done to stop the 10,000 Haitians from showing up at out border? What should he do with them now that they are there?

Transportation back.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
quash
Cobretti said:

Well which is it, 66% or over 70%?
Cobretti
Wangchung
Cobretti said:

People who die from drugs brought here by illegals are xenophobic.
quash

Right. Because this is about immigration policy, not drug policy. SMH.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

If criminals walked into your house every night and ass raped you, how long would it take you to start locking your doors?

Would your situation be a justice problem or a security problem? Both?
Wangchung
quash said:

Hmm, a drug than can kill people simply by them touching a grain of rice size of it, extremely cheap and addictive, pouring across the open southern border by the kilo, but instead of stopping the flow of fentanyl into the US we should what, look for root causes? Fly to Ecuador and Guatemala and visit their ambassadors? Or is addressing the problem at all xenophobic and racist? It's so hard to keep up with the emotion driven crowd these days. Edit; Oh I know, let's just hire a few hundred thousand grief counselors so the deceased's families can process the death of their loved ones.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

Wide open borders and the legalization of ALL drugs are the reasons the Libertarian Party will never be taken seriously as a legitimate third party.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Wide open borders and the legalization of ALL drugs are the reasons the Libertarian Party will never be taken seriously as a legitimate third party.

A total lack of understanding of what libertarians really stand for is a larger barrier. Much.
quash
Wangchung said:

quash said:

Hmm, a drug than can kill people simply by them touching a grain of rice size of it, extremely cheap and addictive, pouring across the open southern border by the kilo, but instead of stopping the flow of fentanyl into the US we should what, look for root causes? Fly to Ecuador and Guatemala and visit their ambassadors? Or is addressing the problem at all xenophobic and racist? It's so hard to keep up with the emotion driven crowd these days. Edit; Oh I know, let's just hire a few hundred thousand grief counselors so the deceased's families can process the death of their loved ones.

I don't know if you noticed but the Drug War you're fighting? You're losing (see above).

And trying to blame it on immigration policy isn't helping.
Wangchung
quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

I don't know if you noticed but the Drug War you're fighting? You're losing (see above).

Riiiight. Focusing on how the drugs get into the country wouldn't help stop the drugs from getting into the country.
Well, you're right on one point, the efforts of the Biden administration aren't helping. They sure aren't changing any immigration policies as an answer. They went the "root causes" way and the problem has never been worse. Results versus rhetoric.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

He wasn't blaming immigration policy for the drugs. If anything, he was blaming the lackluster border security.

Those are two different things quash. You should know that.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Wangchung said:

quash said:

He wasn't blaming immigration policy for the drugs. If anything, he was blaming the lackluster border security.

Those are two different things quash. You should know that.

Uh, yeah. That was exactly my point. Thanks for finally getting t.
quash
quash said:

Two different issues.
Cobretti
Democrats warned to deny backing amnesty ahead of midterms: report

"Included in the documents Politico viewed were moves to rebut GOP talking points. The strategy reportedly included this tip: Democratic should deny support for "open borders or amnesty" and instead talk about their efforts to keep the border safe."
muddybrazos
Cobretti said:

"Included in the documents Politico viewed were moves to rebut GOP talking points. The strategy reportedly included this tip: Democratic should deny support for "open borders or amnesty" and instead talk about their efforts to keep the border safe."
Uh, good luck with that strategy. I'm not sure exactly what they can talk about when it comes to keeping the border safe. They may want to just change the subject if asked about the border.
Wangchung
muddybrazos said:

Cobretti said:

Uh, good luck with that strategy. I'm not sure exactly what they can talk about when it comes to keeping the border safe. They may want to just change the subject if asked about the border.
Why? Outright lying despite all evidence to the contrary is their thing.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Wangchung
quash said:

quash said:

Two different issues.

"My leg hurts." "Well, it's sticking out of the car door and you're slamming the door on it." "You think the way Ford makes cars matters here?!? That's two different issues!"
Cobretti

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.