Houston area dining talk

98,786 Views | 1051 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by CammoTX
br53
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CammoTX said:

br53 said:

WILLIS said:

I'll have to give it a shot. Probably sounded too grumpy. I'm sure there's a lot of good stuff in RO District. I definitely love a classy restaurant tucked away a bit more? State of Grace might be a better example of what my preference would be on setting and location. Or the old Benjy's in Rice Village. Gosh I miss that place. RIP.
I loved Benjy's and State of Grace is good too. Find a sitter and lets meet one afternoon for some whiskey at BossCat.

I'll meet y'all. Short walk for me.

How is Wednesday afternoon about 5?
GoBearsGo
We need to set a date and set up a dinner. Either a private room somewhere or we grab a big table.
br53
GoBearsGo said:

We need to set a date and set up a dinner. Either a private room somewhere or we grab a big table.

When and where
WILLIS
Ya we do. A Thursday evening would probably be ideal with everyone's weekend plans varying. I've got baby number 2 coming in 3 months so let's get a reservation set. I'd go anywhere new or old, fancy or casual, wives or Sicem men exclusive. Up for whatever.
br53
WILLIS said:

Ya we do. A Thursday evening would probably be ideal with everyone's weekend plans varying. I've got baby number 2 coming in 3 months so let's get a reservation set. I'd go anywhere new or old, fancy or casual, wives or Sicem men exclusive. Up for whatever.

Bring your wives, have em bring a single friend because I'm not married. How is next Thursday? Somewhere in the River Oaks or Galleria area?
CammoTX
br53 said:

WILLIS said:

Bring your wives, have em bring an attractive single friend because I'm not married. How is next Thursday? Somewhere in the River Oaks or Galleria area?

FIFY?
br53
CammoTX said:

br53 said:

WILLIS said:

Bring your wives, have em bring an attractive single friend because I'm not married. How is next Thursday? Somewhere in the River Oaks or Galleria area?

FIFY?

Thanks can always use help!
br53
And preferably a single attractive woman, because I am a guy.
GoBearsGo
I'm out for the next month. After June19th I am clear.
br53
br53
We need a happy hour social to plan the dinner
bularry
br53 said:

We need a happy hour social to plan the dinner
LOL... agree

so we targeting Thursday June 2nd? I'm having eye ball surgery that morning (cataract) so probably won't be up to do anything that night...

To thread topic, most recent positive dining experience was Chivos (did I mention that here before)?

Going to March this Thursday, doing the 9 course meal. I'll review this weekend.
bularry
GoBearsGo said:

Me too. June after the 19th works great for me.
br53
Y'all want to
Meet June 22 for a social
Planner?
br53
I'm planning right now at The Federal Grille in Memorial
CammoTX
When do you all want to do Bosscat for HH?
GoBearsGo
br53 said:

Y'all want to
Planner?

I could make that work probably. I can drive over and see clients that day then head back to BMT after we meet.
br53
GoBearsGo said:

br53 said:

Y'all want to
Planner?

I could make that work probably. I can drive over and see clients that day then head back to BMT after we meet.
June 22 at BossCat 5pm?
WILLIS
I am most likely in for that.
GoBearsGo
br53 said:

GoBearsGo said:

br53 said:

Y'all want to
Planner?

June 22 at BossCat 5pm?
I'm down if ya'll are.
br53
GoBearsGo said:

br53 said:

GoBearsGo said:

br53 said:

Y'all want to
Planner?

June 22 at BossCat 5pm?
I'm down if ya'll are.
Its on my calendar!
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

GoBearsGo said:

Me too. June after the 19th works great for me.
I got June 22 on my schedule. It's it's permanent pen.
br53
CammoTX said:

When do you all want to do Bosscat for HH?
I can do today too!
bularry
June 22 on my calendar. Bosskat
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

June 22 on my calendar. Bosskat

Look at the PM I sent you.
br53
Went to Marmo Thursday for lunch. Very very good
GoBearsGo
Hit Loro today for a late lunch on the way back from San Antonio. Beautiful spot. Food was great. Smoked meats with an Asian twist. Would go back for sure.

Then hit Fluff for a couple of cookies.
br53
Tell me about Rainbow Lodge. Going Thursday for a date never been. What to eat and what's the dress
GoBearsGo
br53 said:

Tell me about Rainbow Lodge. Going Thursday for a date never been. What to eat and what's the dress
It's been a few years for me. You can go dressy casual to nice. Wild game and fish focused. Think rustic log cabin environment. Houston classic. I can't remember what I had but it was all good.
br53
GoBearsGo said:

br53 said:

It's been a few years for me. You can go dressy casual to nice. Wild game and fish focused. Think rustic log cabin environment. Houston classic. I can't remember what I had but it was all good.

Thank you. Appreciate it. Look forward to meeting y'all June 22
bularry
Haven't given an update on my March dinner

We did the 9 course.... fabulous.

I thought the food was a notch above my prior visit (their first menu). Discussed with someone in the know in that hospitality group and this area of FR that is the focus of the menu has ingredients that seem to hit the chef and team in a sweeter spot...

But what really sets this place apart is the service. Just a fantastic experience for a night out.

also been to Rosie C. a couple of times in the past couple of weeks or so and they have some new spring items that are spot-on delicious
JusHappy2BeHere
GoBearsGo said:

br53 said:

GoBearsGo said:

br53 said:

Y'all want to
Planner?

June 22 at BossCat 5pm?
I'm down if ya'll are.
I'm in depending on when they schedule my torn meniscus scope
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
bularry
WILLIS said:

I am most likely in for that.
you need to confirm.

who else in Houston do we need to badger to attend?
WILLIS
It's on my calendar. Cleared for take off with the Mrs. and flying solo.
bularry
WILLIS said:

It's on my calendar. Cleared for take off with the Mrs. and flying solo.
UBER so we can be flexible in consumption... that's my thought

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.