Houston area dining talk

98,714 Views | 1051 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by CammoTX
GoBearsGo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marlin said:

I'd like to hit the next one if possible, sounds fun.
We can allow you to come if your daughter can get us a free dessert.
JusHappy2BeHere
It was a good time. I look forward to doing it again soon. Finally got a surgery date 7/19! wooohooo
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Marlin
GoBearsGo said:

Marlin said:

I'd like to hit the next one if possible, sounds fun.
We can allow you to come if your daughter can get us a free dessert.

I'm sure that can be arranged LOL
bularry
Went to Ostia last night. Service was a bit uneven, but the food was really excellent.

It is a large dining area, so pretty easy to get table at last minute if anyone ever finds themselves in need.
bularry
Let's get another event on the books
br53
bularry said:

Let's get another event on the books
Yall want to meet in the same area?
Marlin
If yall want to go to Ostia, let me know and I'll set it up.
I'm in Houston this week but after that will be basically gone until the second week of August.
WILLIS
I could probably do second week of August. Will have to check the schedule. That's probably close to the end of me leaving the house for a bit though. Wife might be interested in going. She's a bear.
br53
I'm good for that
bularry
I'm probably good. wife and i are going out of town to sweat in a different Texas city Aug 18-21
br53
Anyone have any recommendations for Ouzo Bay in Houston?
GoBearsGo
Headed to March in a couple weeks, can't wait.
bularry
I think the meal I had there in May was the best I've ever had, all in all. the current menu I definitely prefer over their opening menu.
WILLIS
Need a last min wife birthday place for Tuesday. Was able to get a sitter. Go! Alcohol is obviously not important, 8 months preggo wife
br53
WILLIS said:

Need a last min wife birthday place for Tuesday. Was able to get a sitter. Go! Alcohol is obviously not important, 8 months preggo wife
What kind of food sir?
CTCBear
Rosie Cannonball, Squable, Xin Chao and March all have openings tomorrow night...
br53
WILLIS said:

Im going to Pappas in the galleria at 730 for a steak come on over. They have lots of openings also
WILLIS
I had snagged a rezy at Rosies already as a backup. Just curious what others thought. I can't afford March.
br53
Le Colonial or Toulouse. Both have availability tomorrow. So does Marmo
bularry
WILLIS said:

I had snagged a rezy at Rosies already as a backup. Just curious what others thought. I can't afford March.
hard to beat Rosie's...check out Ostia in that area or maybe Squabble in Heights.
WILLIS
Going to Le Colonial. She's been a couple times and raves about it. I've never been. Thanks for open table heads up.
br53
WILLIS said:

Going to Le Colonial. She's been a couple times and raves about it. I've never been. Thanks for open table heads up.
It is very good! You will really like it.
WILLIS
It was excellent. Had a small corner booth in the back of the restaurant so we both had a great view. Food was really great.

br53
WILLIS said:

It was excellent. Had a small corner booth in the back of the restaurant so we both had a great view. Food was really great.

You outkicked your coverage!
bularry
hwo about that shirt Willis is rockin! dig it
GoBearsGo
March is Saturday night. Can't wait.
br53
bularry said:

Love the shirt
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

Dos Carolinas?
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

I think the meal I had there in May was the best I've ever had, all in all. the current menu I definitely prefer over their opening menu.

Was a great meal. Thanks for the champs. Next time we all need to go.
bularry
big recent news

Chris Shepherd forced out of Underbelly group

Nino's and Vincent's closing - pour one out for these longtime mainstays on Dallas Ave
br53
bularry said:

big recent news

Nino's and Vincent's closing - pour one out for these longtime mainstays on Dallas Ave
I heard about Nino and Vincents a month or two ago. Made me sad, ex wife and I went there on one of our first dates, how fitting. Both closed after being open too long.
WILLIS
Mandola fam will make a killing on that property sale. Used to love Ninos but haven't been in about 10 years. Think I had my first birra moretti there in high school.
GoBearsGo
bularry said:

big recent news

I would love to hear the real reasons he left/was forced to leave.

I am not real confident that Underbelly can be the same without Chris. Several of his key chefs have left recently. The move away from Westheimer.

I bet in 5 years after a noncompete runs out we see him in the kitchen again.
bularry
WILLIS said:

Mandola fam will make a killing on that property sale. Used to love Ninos but haven't been in about 10 years. Think I had my first birra moretti there in high school.
yeah, eating there was a fancy lunch when I was a young man working downtown or in the AIG building.

definitely valuable real estate
GoBearsGo
Where are ya'll eating this weekend? My wife is in Houston today and is trying Aga's. Our neighbors are Indian and swear it's the best Indian in Houston.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.