Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

75,201 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
william
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Son, it's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and ....

- BUmma

s.

{ sipping coffee }

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
Timbear
Some said Art would never coach again, then came Italy, then came Mt. Vernon. I sure wouldn't bet against a college job after 2 years at Mt. Vernon.
57Bear
Timbear said:

Some said Art would never coach again, then came Italy, then came Mt. Vernon. I sure wouldn't bet against a college job after 2 years at Mt. Vernon.
And the bor may still be writing checks!
MilliVanilli
It's hilarious you Cabers are still over here fantasizing about a Briles P5 comeback.

He's done, find a new fantasy or at least a new forum to circle jerk about it with each other.

This is a Matt Rhule pre-season ranked program coming off an impressive bowl win, it has nothing to do with Art Briles anymore.

You guys waste so much bandwidth on your fanfictions and get butthurt when mocked for doing it here.
Timbear
Hey Milli, read the title of this thread. It's about Art. Start a thread about Rhule being ranked in the pre-season poll, and we'll post about that.
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Hey Milli, read the title of this thread. It's about Art. Start a thread about Rhule being ranked in the pre-season poll, and we'll post about that.
Psst, it's hilarious because it's all you talk about on a Baylor board, and fill it with fantasies divorced from the reality of what's actually happening.

Like clockwork, you're taken aback that your 4 year long ridiculousness is lampooned.
ShooterTX
MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Psst, it's hilarious because it's all you talk about on a Baylor board, and fill it with fantasies divorced from the reality of what's actually happening.

Like clockwork, you're taken aback that your 4 year long ridiculousness is lampooned.

Nothing about this thread was ridiculous until you claimed that a thread about CAB shouldn't be about CAB.
It really shouldn't bother you when people talk about Briles on a thread about his new job. Your comments make it appear that you are the obsessed one here. If you hate talking about Briles, then why are you posting on this thread? Did Briles pee in your cheerios or something?

I'm very happy that we have CMR, but I wouldn't bet against CAB getting a P5 job within the next 3 years.

Alabama just ripped the name off of their law school, because the donor went all "woke". There are plenty of schools in the P5 who don't give a crap about SJW causes or professional protestors. All it takes is 1 who is willing to hire Briles. All it takes is 1 school who values winning over appeasing a bunch of snowflakes.
MilliVanilli
ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Nothing about this thread was ridiculous until you claimed that a thread about CAB shouldn't be about CAB.
It really shouldn't bother you when people talk about Briles on a thread about his new job. Your comments make it appear that you are the obsessed one here. If you hate talking about Briles, then why are you posting on this thread? Did Briles pee in your cheerios or something?

I'm very happy that we have CMR, but I wouldn't bet against CAB getting a P5 job within the next 3 years.

Alabama just ripped the name off of their law school, because the donor went all "woke". There are plenty of schools in the P5 who don't give a crap about SJW causes or professional protestors. All it takes is 1 who is willing to hire Briles. All it takes is 1 school who values winning over appeasing a bunch of snowflakes.
You Cabers are every bit as extreme and ridiculous as the SJWs you whine about.

Cab is not being redeemed and restored into P5 football, the fact you waste infinite bandwidth on a BAYLOR forum talking about a high school coach crawling out of exile from Italy speaks volumes to your relationship with reality.
Malbec
One question. Are we allowed to talk about Coach Fredenburg?
MilliVanilli
Malbec said:

One question. Are we allowed to talk about Coach Fredenburg?
He doesn't seem to have a cult of personality and fan fiction circle jerking around him, but at least the word Baylor is loosely in his job title as the head coach of Mary Hardin-Baylor, unlike the 3A small-town high school coach that Cabers adore to no logical end on a Baylor forum.

TexasScientist
MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Cab is not being redeemed and restored into P5 football, the fact you waste infinite bandwidth on a BAYLOR forum talking about a high school coach crawling out of exile from Italy speaks volumes to your relationship with reality.
Your CAB-phobia real and concerning.
MilliVanilli
TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Your CAB-phobia real and concerning.
Yeah, 4 years of fan fiction on a Baylor forum is clearly someone's delusion and divorce from reality.
ShooterTX
MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

You are such a weird child.

I am no CABer.... never have been and never will be. I just don't think he is the demon that you make him out to be.

You are the one wasting time. I am simply commenting on something that is interesting to me. You are commenting on something you claim to detest. You are obsessed. Get help.
Thee University
ShooterTX said:

I am no CABer.... never have been and never will be. I just don't think he is the demon that you make him out to be.

I've not met anyone who thinks he is a real demon.

However, his inactions to blatant and easily recognizable thuggery amongst a number of HIS hand picked players over the years greatly escalated the tarring and feathering of our beloved school. His inability to recognize and then admit he further exacerbated the self-imposed festering wound approaches demonic.

He could have easily either prevented or minimized the negative impact this fiasco had on so many people. He didn't. The BOR then brought him in to hear what he was going to do to fix the problem. He had no plan.

The real demons are the hoodwinked Baylor folks who are OK with the sad collateral damage and 4 years after the exposure still can't function.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
ShooterTX
Thee University said:

ShooterTX said:

I've not met anyone who thinks he is a real demon.

However, his inactions to blatant and easily recognizable thuggery amongst a number of HIS hand picked players over the years greatly escalated the tarring and feathering of our beloved school. His inability to recognize and then admit he further exacerbated the self-imposed festering wound approaches demonic.

He could have easily either prevented or minimized the negative impact this fiasco had on so many people. He didn't. The BOR then brought him in to hear what he was going to do to fix the problem. He had no plan.

The real demons are the hoodwinked Baylor folks who are OK with the sad collateral damage and 4 years after the exposure still can't function.

Nothing you are saying is descriptive of me or my views or my statements.
I don't think Briles tried to cover up anything. I think he believed it was someone else's job to police the players. He was a coach, not a nanny. Obviously that mentality works at a school like Oklahoma, UT, etc. Obviously it was a mistake, and a bad way to coach. Obviously CMR has a different view on the HC job.
People act like Briles is going to create a sexual assault scandal everywhere he goes... that is one way that I disagree with idiots like Milli. Briles was only part of the problem that lead to the scandal, and his part was neglect. That is easily remedied.
fadskier
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

fadskier said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Originally Posted by Redfish.

Quote:

He didn't step on squat.

Not sure you understand how a university works, so I'll explain.

The higher you are paid, the more that's expected. Football is a vehicle for the universities mission. Do you think Notre Dame would tolerate Brian Kelly telling them he didn't want tohelp Notre Dame raise scholarship money or speak to alums? They'd can him so fast he'd be lucky to clean out the company car. Notre Dame used their coaches to build the university, that's why they have $4bil in endowment.

We let Briles use us.

In retrospect, we gave Briles too much. Hiring the inbred relatives. Unqualified friends. Paying him insanely above market rates. And he couldn't be bothered to help the community every once in a while? His idea was to market himself to UT. The genius wrote a book telling how he'd nearly left like what, three times? And asked the school bookstore to carry it. Kim Mulkey called him out for his suspect loyalty.

Great football coach, worst negotiator I've ever seen. Zero sum, when the game is win/win.

I guess it works in a small town. But elite universities expect more.

He gave us two conference championships in football.
I don't remember Baylor making him write a book or go behind our backs to sell himself to UT, but nice spin.

Plenty to complain about with the Board, but if you think he left us better off, you need to ask around.
HE left us better off, the BOR did not.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
toughbear
Thee, what is your opinion on Rhule?
Timbear
Thee doesn't know how to actually give a constructive analysis of our current team or coaches. You'd think he could because of his experience, but he'd rather be lazy, and just rip past coaches.
Thee University
toughbear said:

This is the year for us to truly assess his value. We will know by October 19 in my opinion. I expect us to be 5-0 going into the OSU game in Stillwater on 10/19. Anything less than sitting at 6-0 on the morning of 10/20 will be a disappointment.

Overall I like him and his staff. Obviously he is not Art and his team projects a much different aura. Rhule's staff seems to coach and manage more like NFL than NCAA. Still not so sure this is a big deal or no deal at all. I like the fact that he spends more time and attention to defense and special teams than our previous staff.

The current Baylor rebuild is not an overnight fix and Rhule rightfully focused on OL and DL this recruiting season. I'm not currently sold on signing so many out of state players because some 18 year olds get homesick and Baylor/Waco is not like Temple or Penn State. It tells me that Rhule and his staff are committed to staying close to these kids and keeping their fingers on the pulse of the team.

Coaches, sports people and writers around the nation think the world of Matt. His assistant coaches have proven themselves worthy in college and pro football. This carries weight with recruits and should make alumni feel good about the mentoring process that extends beyond the field. This is not an in-bred staff.

The rebuild job Matt took takes time and overall he is slightly ahead of schedule given our bowl win over Vanderbilt in Year 2. I think given the predicament we found ourselves in that we got the right guy for the job and after a rough start we are on the right track.

We need to play injury free football until the depth catches up.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
Timbear said:

Thee doesn't know how to actually give a constructive analysis of our current team or coaches. You'd think he could because of his experience, but he'd rather be lazy, and just rip past coaches.
I don't respond to idiots who don't deserve nor want to hear anything constructive.

toughbear
Thanks for your honest assessment.
MilliVanilli
ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

You are the one wasting time. I am simply commenting on something that is interesting to me. You are commenting on something you claim to detest. You are obsessed. Get help.
What you are is a bore, the whole lot of you are easily triggered bores.

Briles I am indifferent toward now that he is terminated, Cabers are stupidity incarnate.

He knows he's done, you guys seem to be unable to accept that reality and go through all sorts of gymnastics to create fan fiction about an alternate universe where he'll coach big boy football ever again.
TexasScientist
MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Briles I am indifferent toward now that he is terminated, Cabers are stupidity incarnate.

He knows he's done, you guys seem to be unable to accept that reality and go through all sorts of gymnastics to create fan fiction about an alternate universe where he'll coach big boy football ever again.
You really have a bad case of CABerphobia.
MilliVanilli
TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

You really have a bad case of CABerphobia.
Haha, says a member of a contingency unhinged by a screen name for four years and counting.
Oso Pardo
Very good assessment Thee, thanks for your insight. Many of us feel the same. I won't lie, I miss those edge of your seat high scoring games because they were so exiting but CMR has a different style and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just more cerebral and calculated instead of the balls out, run what you brung, grass burning style that we grew to love during the CAB era. I agree that this year will be a real measuring stick year and they need to win at least 8 regular season games to claim improvement. 10 wins (including a bowl win) will be a huge improvement that I think would exceed most of our expectations for year 3. Although they did win a couple last year that was too close for comfort which could've easily gone the other way, I'm hoping for at least 6 or so wins this year where we seem to be in control of the game from wire to wire. That in itself would be an improvement to me personally (albeit a disappointing improvement overall).

Man, it feels good to talk football without overtones of infighting.
Timbear
Oso, I have sincerely, with no sarcasm or ulterior motives, tried my best to get Thee to give us his analysis of Baylor's current coaches and team in 2019. Why he refuses to , I don't know. It's easier, I guess , to attack than think.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

ShooterTX said:

MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

big boy football.
Yeah, I kinda miss big boy football. RIP Rob Pilatus.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
boognish_bear
Lynx's perspective is in the foreword of a new book coming out

BUbearinARK
Timbear said:

Oso, I have sincerely, with no sarcasm or ulterior motives, tried my best to get Thee to give us his analysis of Baylor's current coaches and team in 2019. Why he refuses to , I don't know. It's easier, I guess , to attack than think.
Seems like you mighta missed something a few posts back. What's your take, o great one?

Thee University
In reply to toughbear 10:19a

Quote:

toughbear said:
This is the year for us to truly assess his value. We will know by October 19 in my opinion. I expect us to be 5-0 going into the OSU game in Stillwater on 10/19. Anything less than sitting at 6-0 on the morning of 10/20 will be a disappointment.

Overall I like him and his staff. Obviously he is not Art and his team projects a much different aura. Rhule's staff seems to coach and manage more like NFL than NCAA. Still not so sure this is a big deal or no deal at all. I like the fact that he spends more time and attention to defense and special teams than our previous staff.

The current Baylor rebuild is not an overnight fix and Rhule rightfully focused on OL and DL this recruiting season. I'm not currently sold on signing so many out of state players because some 18 year olds get homesick and Baylor/Waco is not like Temple or Penn State. It tells me that Rhule and his staff are committed to staying close to these kids and keeping their fingers on the pulse of the team.

Coaches, sports people and writers around the nation think the world of Matt. His assistant coaches have proven themselves worthy in college and pro football. This carries weight with recruits and should make alumni feel good about the mentoring process that extends beyond the field. This is not an in-bred staff.

The rebuild job Matt took takes time and overall he is slightly ahead of schedule given our bowl win over Vanderbilt in Year 2. I think given the predicament we found ourselves in that we got the right guy for the job and after a rough start we are on the right track.

We need to play injury free football until the depth catches up.
[url=https://sicem365.com/forums/new/2/46947/1213520/][/url][url=https://sicem365.com/forums/new/2/46947/1213520/quote][/url]7

Aliceinbubbleland
Thee just hangs around to give one rep to every Millie post. I don't know who the other one might be.

Millie, the lip synching fraud.

Quote:

But, all that came crumbling down 29 years ago, on July 21, 1989, and they had only themselves, not "the rain," to blame. While on the Club MTV Tour in Bristol, Connecticut, the German duo of Rob Pilatus and Fab Morvan were singing their mega-hit, "Girl You Know It's True," when their live backing track began to skip.

Clearly lip-syncing, the pair rushed off stage as the chorus repeated over and over. Eventually, it was exposed that the pair had never even sung on their six-time platinum album to begin with it was all the brainchild of German producer Frank Farian who created the farce. The ruse was over. Their clout disappeared in a flash. They were exposed in November of 1990 as frauds; their Grammy was taken away; and unfortunately for the talented performing duo, their careers were never able to bounce back.
Timbear
Sorry, I missed Thee's analysis. Very good . Appreciate it. Sounds good. Thank you Thee.
MilliVanilli
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Thee just hangs around to give one rep to every Millie post. I don't know who the other one might be.

Millie, the lip synching fraud.

Quote:

But, all that came crumbling down 29 years ago, on July 21, 1989, and they had only themselves, not "the rain," to blame. While on the Club MTV Tour in Bristol, Connecticut, the German duo of Rob Pilatus and Fab Morvan were singing their mega-hit, "Girl You Know It's True," when their live backing track began to skip.

Clearly lip-syncing, the pair rushed off stage as the chorus repeated over and over. Eventually, it was exposed that the pair had never even sung on their six-time platinum album to begin with it was all the brainchild of German producer Frank Farian who created the farce. The ruse was over. Their clout disappeared in a flash. They were exposed in November of 1990 as frauds; their Grammy was taken away; and unfortunately for the talented performing duo, their careers were never able to bounce back.

Haha, the screen name so powerful and omnipotent to Caberdom that they unravel every thread to commence group therapy about it.
Aliceinbubbleland
Jesus. You must have me on alert. Every post about you is immediately followed by your usual diatribe.
MilliVanilli
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jesus. You must have me on alert. Every post about you is immediately followed by your usual diatribe.
Nah, you're just paranoid tinfoil wearing moron holed up in a trailer park that thinks the universe is out to get you.

TexasScientist
MilliVanilli said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Nah, you're just paranoid tinfoil wearing moron holed up in a trailer park that thinks the universe is out to get you.

Thanks for posting your selfie. I wondered what you looked like.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.