Louisville actually thinks they have a chance at Drew

32,999 Views | 263 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by ScottS
Bearfan21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What kind of drugs are they taking?
BearAreCool1234
This one made me chuckle
Bearfan21
HAHA! Where are they getting this garbage? Drew is landing any top recruit he wants and landing great transfers!
PartyBear
Their current coach is in year 2. Did they fire him?
ScottS
What if C A T spelled dog?
Big12Bear
Brand new arena that he built. Contract for life. Stop the clownsense from media attention *****s.
Stefano DiMera
He will be almost assured after season. The fact he's a Louisville legend may by him time.
Fre3dombear
Only guy I ever heard of from way back then was never nervous purvis. I never heard of Kenny Payne who is apparently a Louisville legend but I don't follow em
Much
whitetrash
Louisville basketball in a nutshell:

ScottS
You do realize something…..if Drew ever goes to another university while on Mack's watch,Mac will have lost 2 hall of fame basketball coaches. I doubt he lets that happen.
Johnny Bear
In the absence of Drew being disgruntled (like Mulkey became) - and there is nothing to indicate that he is - the only way I see even the possibility of him seriously considering going elsewhere is if a top end traditional blue blood like Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, or North Carolina, etc. offered him something like an insane Jimbo Fisher type contract. And I'm not even sure he'd do it even then.
Stefano DiMera
Fre3dombear said:

Only guy I ever heard of from way back then was never nervous purvis. I never heard of Kenny Payne who is apparently a Louisville legend but I don't follow em
Much

He was the other star freshman on that national championship team that won it all when Final Four was in Dallas in 86 alongside Pervis Ellison.
PartyBear
Why did they fire the previous coach 14 games in on his 4th season? They were 57-28 his previous 3 seasons including his 3rd being the strange Covid season where they went 13-7.

They seemed to have a good thing going there. To practically end it after only 3 full seasons.
Stefano DiMera
Former Xavier coach Chris Mack...they were #1 in nation in 2019 season.

One of his assistants attempted to extort him over NCAA violations to keep his job. Mack recorded the convos and sent to FBI.

Louisville allegedly fired him over how he handled it but I'm sure the alleged violations were the reason.
DallasBear9902
I'm not sure a culture of JOY will work at any public school. Even red state lesser universities.

Notre Dame is the only school I could see him leaving for and that's nearly zero probability. Drew and Baylor are just a perfect fit.

historian
If ND had an opening they would probably hire a Catholic.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
PartyBear
I doubt that is a high priority for their athletic program.
historian
Maybe not.

It's a silly discussion. Drew isn't going anywhere.
Stefano DiMera
Well .. they have had 2 major openings in last couple years..their longtime basketball coach retired and they hired the Penn State coach who is Catholic.

Not sure of their football coach Marcus Freemans religion.

Actually just saw an article online where he was confirmed.. received his first Communion..and accepted into the Catholic church in 2022.
DallasBear9902
historian said:

If ND had an opening they would probably hire a Catholic.

That's probably correct, but that's the other circle of the venn diagram.

The point is that (a) if we accept that promoting a culture of JOY (particularly the J part) is going to be really hard to pull off at a state school and (b) look around at what might possibly be appealing to Coach Drew, then South Bend is really the only viable CBB school that COULD POTENTIALLY get Drew's interest and I still think that it is basically a zero percent probability under the status quo.

Maybe Wake Forrest would fit the bill, too. But no matter how you cut it, the list is really short.

NIL/Realignment could change the calculus.
parch
Johnny Bear said:

In the absence of Drew being disgruntled (like Mulkey became) - and there is nothing to indicate that he is - the only way I see even the possibility of him seriously considering going elsewhere is if a top end traditional blue blood like Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, or North Carolina, etc. offered him something like an insane Jimbo Fisher type contract. And I'm not even sure he'd do it even then.
Drew is a true believer, he sees his position at Baylor as a calling and one thing that's kept him here is the ability to interweave faith into every aspect of his program. He's not going to get that basically anywhere else. Hard to money-whip a guy who believes Matthew 19:24.
Art_E_Guinn
parch said:

Johnny Bear said:

Drew is a true believer, he sees his position at Baylor as a calling and one thing that's kept him here is the ability to interweave faith into every aspect of his program. He's not going to get that basically anywhere else. Hard to money-whip a guy who believes Matthew 19:24.
Which means that he would be willing to go just about anywhere if called. Thou have no other jobs besides Baylor didn't quite make the top 10.

You do realize that Tang, a man who very reluctantly left a position as a youth minister/coach to take the Baylor job, works at a state school? The chances of Drew leaving, especially now, are slim. But if he were to leave, I'd say the list of schools would be similar to what was written above (Duke, UNC, Indiana, perhaps Butler 10 or 15 years from now).

If Drew chose to stick with Baylor over Memphis (and others) despite enduring AD scandals, pissy fans pre-title, NIL era, and half empty crowds even after winning a title, it seems odd that he would leave now with recruiting and crowd atmosphere is at an all-time high. But if any job outside of Duke would appeal to Drew right now, you'd think Indiana would be the one.
historian
historian said:

Maybe not.

I refer everyone back to my second post. This one should have been the only one.
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff
BBWCBear
historian said:

historian said:

Maybe not.

I refer everyone back to my second post. This one should have been the only one.

Never say NEVER, it'll come back to bite you.
historian
Interesting point. Sean Connery even made a movie about it. But I did not say "never".
whitetrash
historian said:

Interesting point. Sean Connery even made a movie about it. But I did not say "never".
Sean could say it once, but he could never say never again.
historian
blackie
The aftergame is exactly why Scott will not leave, at least not for Louisville. Try doing what we did tonight after the game at a state school. They (the others) just don't understand who Scott Drew is.
LIB,MR BEARS
blackie said:

The aftergame is exactly why Scott will not leave, at least not for Louisville. Try doing what we did tonight after the game at a state school. They (the others) just don't understand who Scott Drew is.
what did we miss?
historian
Celebrating each of the seniors and then a prayer for all of them
Thehardtruth
Are you guys actually serious? This thread shows your lack of basketball knowledge. Which is exactly why Drew would consider Louisville

You play in front of 7500 people in a dump. The Yum holds 20k and is packed every game (before Kenny came along) #2 in attendance every year.

Kentucky is a basketball crazed state. Basketball comes first, then football. They eat breathe sleep basketball.

Louisville is a top 6 All Time program. Baylor isn't even top 50. Louisville is the equivalent to Michigan, USC, Texas In football. Baylor is the equivalent of…well…Baylor.

Louisville nearly has more Final Fours than Baylor has
Tournament appearances lol lol

Seriously, what drugs are YOU all taking? One of these two things will happen. Drew is about to get a hefty $3million raise….or he will be at Lville.
IowaBear
You're what 10-60 the last 2 years???
I look forward to your response when Drew turns y'all down for what feels like the 15th time.
But by all means keep living in the glory days of Louisville basketball.
Baylor is the superior program right now and into the future. And the only ones who would say otherwise are the delusional Louisville fans enjoying the cellar of a mediocre ACC
ALLBEAR
Thehardtruth said:

Are you guys actually serious? This thread shows your lack of basketball knowledge. Which is exactly why Drew would consider Louisville

You play in front of 7500 people in a dump. The Yum holds 20k and is packed every game (before Kenny came along) #2 in attendance every year.

Kentucky is a basketball crazed state. Basketball comes first, then football. They eat breathe sleep basketball.

Louisville is a top 6 All Time program. Baylor isn't even top 50. Louisville is the equivalent to Michigan, USC, Texas In football. Baylor is the equivalent of…well…Baylor.

Louisville nearly has more Final Fours than Baylor has
Tournament appearances lol lol

Seriously, what drugs are YOU all taking? One of these two things will happen. Drew is about to get a hefty $3million raise….or he will be at Lville.
Cool first post lol Did you create an account just to say this?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.