Louisville actually thinks they have a chance at Drew

33,336 Views | 263 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ScottS
Thehardtruth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
15th time? lol what in the hell are you talking about. Like I said, you will have to bump his pay about $3 mill to keep him. That's pocket change here. Auburn had to offer a huge raise an a new arena just to keep him. Baylor will have to do the same. Don't shoot the messenger. Look you have a nice little program. But you don't hold a candle to Lville. Not even remotely close.
Mitch Henessey
Who is this Louisville clown?

$3mm is pocket change, yet you're watching your program circle the drain because you don't want to pay Kenny Payne's buyout.

It's too early in the morning to be breaking into the bourbon. Go home, you're drunk.
IowaBear
There's been rumors of Drew to L'ville many times over the years. Naturally started by delusional fans
I got news bud… don't believe everything you read on… checks notes your message board.
Drew ain't leaving take that to the bank.
You remind me of Nebraska fans living in their glory days. No one gives a **** what Louisville did decades ago. Your program is garbage. Enjoy the 5 win seasons you e grown accustomed too
KIA
I am old enough to remember when Lewisville was a relevant basketball program. But I'm pretty old. We did lose a recruit to them once - can't remember the name, it was about 20 years ago.

Johnny Bear
The Louisville troll totally lost whatever tiny amount of credibility he might've had when he referred to the Foster as "a dump". LOL! What a clown. If Drew ever leaves BU it won't be to go to Louisville.
Heisman25g
The other fun thing is he acts like Louisville has so much more money than Baylor. Desperation can make anyone look foolish I guess

Man I love Scott Drew
Bearknuckle
Thehardtruth said:

15th time? lol what in the hell are you talking about. Like I said, you will have to bump his pay about $3 mill to keep him. That's pocket change here. Auburn had to offer a huge raise an a new arena just to keep him. Baylor will have to do the same. Don't shoot the messenger. Look you have a nice little program. But you don't hold a candle to Lville. Not even remotely close.
sad man is sad, video at 11
whitetrash
To quote the late great Jimmy Buffett, Louisville basketball "waltzes on memories while it fades like a flare."
2Bears
The videos of the seniors leaving and their words about how their faith grew and their relationship with God grew while at Baylor says a lot about what is important to Coach Drew. He recruits and plays to win, but he is about building young men. At some point, money isn't the desired outcome, and he has plenty. I would think the culture shock of Baylor to Louisville would not be appealing. This will not be something I ever worry about happening.
GoodOleBaylorLine
Typical Louisville fan. Number of teeth and IQ both hovering around his shoe size.
IvanBear
Why would the *******ized program that's not even good enough to be Kentucky's little brother attract top flight coaches.

Remember the desperate and pathetic things your last successful coach had to do to attract talent? That doesn't sound like a school that's got any pull.
contrario
Louisville hasn't won a national championship in nearly 40 years (2013 vacated because it's a dirty school and program). They are irrelevant as it gets when it comes to modern college basketball. UL is a shi77y school, in a shi77y city, in a shi77y state and the only relevance they can grasp onto is ancient history. They constantly play second fiddle to UK because no one gives af about Louisville.
LIB,MR BEARS
Thehardtruth said:

Are you guys actually serious? This thread shows your lack of basketball knowledge. Which is exactly why Drew would consider Louisville

You play in front of 7500 people in a dump. The Yum holds 20k and is packed every game (before Kenny came along) #2 in attendance every year.

Kentucky is a basketball crazed state. Basketball comes first, then football. They eat breathe sleep basketball.

Louisville is a top 6 All Time program. Baylor isn't even top 50. Louisville is the equivalent to Michigan, USC, Texas In football. Baylor is the equivalent of…well…Baylor.

Louisville nearly has more Final Fours than Baylor has
Tournament appearances lol lol

Seriously, what drugs are YOU all taking? One of these two things will happen. Drew is about to get a hefty $3million raise….or he will be at Lville.

Louisville Basketball = Nebraska Football

'Nuff said
Thehardtruth
Oh no!! Looks like I struck a nerve from all 7 fans! Look I get it. You're like 7th fiddle in your own state. Your complex is understandable. Waco. Isn't that the place that freak burned himself alive? I'll take out tradition over none at all. Good luck hanging on to Drew! Better start donating.
CNC
I actually like trolls from opposing schools.

The most significant thing to happen to Louisville Athletics in the past century is one of your former players dating Taylor Swift.

The 2nd most significant....I don't really know.

EDIT: Wait. Kelce went to Cincinnati.

TheHardTrush I need some help here.
Thehardtruth
Do your homework peasants. Our basketball program pulls in more money than most football programs. Poor little Waco fans.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/richest-college-basketball-programs-america-210045624.html
CNC
For the record, I don't hate Louisville.

Y'all gave UT Charlie Strong.
IowaBear
8-23…. Your programs GARBAGE. What were y'all like 3-28 last year?? Hell of a program ya got in a state that supposedly lives and breathes basketball. What's your average attendance this year 500?
Just be sure to show your face when Louisville hires some no name instead. Don't be a coward
whitetrash
IowaBear said:

8-23…. Your programs GARBAGE. What were y'all like 3-28 last year?? Hell of a program ya got in a state that supposedly lives and breathes basketball. What's your average attendance this year 500?
Just be sure to show your face when Louisville hires some no name instead. Don't be a coward
FWIW, Louisville didn't even have a sellout when UK came to town, but at least the announced crowd was 17K in a 20K seat arena. When Duke came they only had 12K.
Bear8084
Thehardtruth said:

Are you guys actually serious? This thread shows your lack of basketball knowledge. Which is exactly why Drew would consider Louisville

You play in front of 7500 people in a dump. The Yum holds 20k and is packed every game (before Kenny came along) #2 in attendance every year.

Kentucky is a basketball crazed state. Basketball comes first, then football. They eat breathe sleep basketball.

Louisville is a top 6 All Time program. Baylor isn't even top 50. Louisville is the equivalent to Michigan, USC, Texas In football. Baylor is the equivalent of…well…Baylor.

Louisville nearly has more Final Fours than Baylor has
Tournament appearances lol lol

Seriously, what drugs are YOU all taking? One of these two things will happen. Drew is about to get a hefty $3million raise….or he will be at Lville.

Big words from a fan of a program that had to vacate fairly recent championships because of prostitutes and strippers.
IowaBear
I've watched a few of their games. Ain't no way in hell they had 17k for Kentucky. Unless there was 16,500 UK fans there. Which is possible.
GoodOleBaylorLine
1. I now doubt this is a Louisville fan. Smells like a Horn troll.

2. From those numbers, looks like Louisville is laundering meth money. They sure ain't generating it playing basketball.
bear2be2
Thehardtruth said:

Oh no!! Looks like I struck a nerve from all 7 fans! Look I get it. You're like 7th fiddle in your own state. Your complex is understandable. Waco. Isn't that the place that freak burned himself alive? I'll take out tradition over none at all. Good luck hanging on to Drew! Better start donating.
A program-sanctioned prostitution ring isn't a tradition worth celebrating.

Now go back to your own message board and resume your Scott Drew fan fiction there. No one here cares about your opinions or your ****hole program.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
This threads been pretty fun with the halfbreed spouting off. Reminds you of a lesser, smaller more pathetic version of the maroon fans here in Texas. So proud of their ancient history and "revenues" while wallowing in a mud pit of irrelevancy.

To think that any head coach from a much better program wants to go slumming with Kentucky's red headed step-sister is just a symptom of delusional fan syndrome.

RightRevBear
Why would Drew go to a team who might not even be in a major conference in a few years? The ACC is circling the drain. I want it to survive, but it is the most unstable conference in the P4. If the ACC dies, Louisville probably will not find a home in the Big 12, much less the Big Ten or SEC.
historian
Anyone who describes the Foster Pavilion as "a dump" is ignorant or stupid. Whoever says such a thing is probably a troll so there is no reason to pay any attention.

FYI Baylor fans: the troll signed up yesterday and all 4 of his posts are on this thread. He's probably a disgruntled Cow fan, maybe even Coach Terry!

Cow tears can be fun!!!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
Louisville has been to the Final Four twice: 1959 & 2013. The latter was vacated. I wonder why?
whitetrash
historian said:

Louisville has been to the Final Four twice: 1959 & 2013. The latter was vacated. I wonder why?
They won titles in 1980 and 1986 and avoided having either vacated.
historian
Thanks for the update. I didn't see that when I searched. I don't care, though, because a 40 year old title has little value now.
Johnny Bear
historian said:

That actually surprises me. Given the long past Denny Crumm glory years, I assumed they got there at least once during that time period - but apparently not. So, even given our (to put it nicely) mostly unremarkable bball history pre-Drew, at 3 appearances we still have more Final Fours than Louisville.
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff
historian
I did a simple search and found it in a Wikipedia page. I know they are not always the most accurate but I've usually found them pretty reliable gif this sort of thing. Apparently, there were others.

It doesn't matter to me. I don't care what they did 40 years ago or more. And I certainly don't care about the rantings of a Cow troll pretending to be a Louisville troll.
Johnny Bear
historian said:

I did a simple search and found it in a Wikipedia page. I know they are not always the most accurate but I've usually found them pretty reliable gif this sort of thing. Apparently, there were others.

It doesn't matter to me. I don't care what they did 40 years ago or more. And I certainly don't care about the rantings of a Cow troll pretending to be a Louisville troll.

I saw the post that corrected the record - and I also agree - who cares about circa 40 year old titles(?).
EvilTroyAndAbed
1. I don't think this is a real Louisville fan. Just a troll.
2. I will sure care about the 2021 National Championship 40 years from now, God willing I am still alive.
3. I remember all three Louisville national championships. It's kind of weird that sports fans of a certain age don't remember Never Nervous Pervis Ellison or Darrell Griffith.
4. I don't care that they vacated the 2013 championship. They were the best team that year. Just like USC was the best football team during their vacated year.
5. Drew ain't going anywhere.
6. Louisville may very well be going the way of DePaul.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.