Louisville actually thinks they have a chance at Drew

33,323 Views | 263 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ScottS
JdH502
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottS said:

They could have Walz coach both men's and women's.

I'd be on board with that lol. That guy can coach
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Sure hope Mack doesn't lose CSD while he's flirting with Nebraska. Lots of openings and serious cash being thrown around and BU needs to take care of CSD.
Russell Gym
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

Sure hope Mack doesn't lose CSD while he's flirting with Nebraska. Lots of openings and serious cash being thrown around and BU needs to take care of CSD.

If Rhoades' focus is on Nebraska, then basketball BMDs that are funding Drew's salary need to step in and ensure Drew stays. If Rhoades is indeed one foot-out-the-door, BMDs can work through an assistant AD to get this done until a perma-AD can be hired.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Russell Gym said:

If Rhoades' focus is on Nebraska, then basketball BMDs that are funding Drew's salary need to step in and ensure Drew stays. If Rhoades is indeed one foot-out-the-door, BMDs can work through an assistant AD to get this done until a perma-AD can be hired.
Totally agree, someone needs to paying attention and not let Mack muck this up. Just want to be clear, I don't expect Mack to muck this up, but nobody knows what he's thinking or focused on at the moment, and some other BU leaders need to be paying attention.
TXBEAR_bf
Has that been confirmed? I would imagine Nebraska would pay well and they have coaches in MBB and football that will be there for awhile, so not a lot of pressure to hire or fix a program.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
Russell Gym
TXBEAR_bf said:

Has that been confirmed? I would imagine Nebraska would pay well and they have coaches in MBB and football that will be there for awhile, so not a lot of pressure to hire or fix a program.

I have no confirmation, just speculation.
IvanBear
Russell Gym said:

TXBEAR_bf said:

Hard to imagine Nebraska hires a guy who has whiffed twice on football coaches (failed to retain Rhule, Aranda would have been fired most other places in the country), and has been open and active in making sure Baylor's NIL was behind schedule.
Mitch Henessey
IvanBear said:

Russell Gym said:

TXBEAR_bf said:

Hard to imagine Nebraska hires a guy who has whiffed twice on football coaches (failed to retain Rhule, Aranda would have been fired most other places in the country), and has been open and active in making sure Baylor's NIL was behind schedule.
Hard to make a serious argument that Rhoades "failed to retain Aranda." It's not like we had the chance to match his offer with the Panthers.

He wanted to try his hand at the NFL, and the Panthers made him one of the highest-paid coaches in the entire league. No AD in the country could have "retained" him.
IvanBear
Mitch Henessey said:

IvanBear said:

Russell Gym said:

TXBEAR_bf said:

Hard to make a serious argument that Rhoades "failed to retain Aranda." It's not like we had the chance to match his offer with the Panthers.

He wanted to try his hand at the NFL, and the Panthers made him one of the highest-paid coaches in the entire league. No AD in the country could have "retained" him.
When you bring a guy in who starts immediately taking interviews for another job you have done a bad job hiring someone.

Also if you're the school with Rhule and want Rhule to say (granted I'm sure people are split on that), why would you hire the guy who let him get away last time.

I really hope Nebraska hires Rhodes, the man has made 1 good hire in the two sports that matter his entire career, everyone else has left or flamed out. And the only national championships he's ever been around he had nothing to do with hiring said coaches.

You've got to legitimately worry he'll chase Drew away eventually.
BBWCBear
If there's a way for Baylor to screw it up with Drew they'll find it.
hollojaa
I see reality is starting to set in here. This deal (Drew to Louisville) has been done for months.

After the Bears first weekend exit, it will become public.

Welcome to the land of NIL, Drew!
EvilTroyAndAbed
BBWCBear said:

If it is indeed an offer that Baylor could never match, then how could we screw it up? We wouldn't have a chance to screw it up.

That's with the assumption that Drew cares about money more than he is making now.
IowaBear
You're an idiot. Make sure to come back when he turns down that dumpster fire . Don't be a coward. All of you ULL posters are just simply pathetic at this point
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
hollojaa said:

I see reality is starting to set in here. This deal (Drew to Louisville) has been done for months.

No one actually believes this. But by all means continue to get your hopes up.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BBWCBear said:

If it is indeed an offer that Baylor could never match, then how could we screw it up? We wouldn't have a chance to screw it up.

That's with the assumption that Drew cares about money more than he is making now.

The good news is that Mack has saved all kinds of money by getting rid of Mulkey and keeping Aranda. Drew gonna get a raise if he needs one.
PartyBear
Y'all are some of the easiest folks to troll. Be mindful of obvious trolls and ignore.
Johnny Bear

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BBWCBear said:

The good news is that Mack has saved all kinds of money by getting rid of Mulkey and keeping Aranda. Drew gonna get a raise if he needs one.

Mulkey walked (Mack didn't get rid of her) but I get your point.
blackie

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BBWCBear said:

Money should not even be a consideration. You don't spend umpteen massive amounts of money for a new arena and then not match or exceed any offer you need to match to keep the reason why that amount of money was spent in the first place. It would be like building a multi-million dollar house and then quibbling over a few thousand or tens of thousands of dollars to landscape it or change the paint color. You don't allow it to become vacant.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
blackie said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BBWCBear said:

Money should not even be a consideration. You don't spend umpteen massive amounts of money for a new arena and then not match or exceed any offer you need to match to keep the reason why that amount of money was spent in the first place. It would be like building a multi-million dollar house and then quibbling over a few thousand or tens of thousands of dollars to landscape it or change the paint color. You don't allow it to become vacant.

Agree totally. Don't see CSD leaving for $, I think BU will get him where he needs to be. Just hoping Mack isn't distracted by other AD opportunities.
IvanBear
https://www.on3.com/college/louisville-cardinals/news/espn-insider-pete-thamel-shares-louisville-basketball-job-candidates-dusty-may-eric-musselman/

Louisville fan, I'm confused why isn't Drew on this list. I thought for sure his people were taking secret meetings with Louisville!

/sarcasm/
JdH502
IvanBear said:

https://www.on3.com/college/louisville-cardinals/news/espn-insider-pete-thamel-shares-louisville-basketball-job-candidates-dusty-may-eric-musselman/

Louisville fan, I'm confused why isn't Drew on this list. I thought for sure his people were taking secret meetings with Louisville!

/sarcasm/

Are you really going to gotcha me after reading one opinion article lol. I'm glad you're not an investigative journalist.

Here you go. This was updated today. As I've said before, there have been talks, but it's unlikely Drew leaves Baylor. I think we wind up hiring Dusty May which a lot of fans actually prefer over Drew.

https://247sports.com/college/louisville/longformarticle/kenny-payne-scott-drew-josh-heird-2024-louisville-cardinals-basketball-coach-hot-board-20-228567188/#2384523
historian
Drew isn't on the list because he's not going anywhere. It is curious how many Louisville fans we suddenly have on a Baylor fan forum. It almost seems like a serious case of trolling, especially since they keep posting the same stuff day after day.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Texas
I don't see why Louisville or any power conference team would be looking at this guy. (Do your homework) He had a miraculous run and won the national championship during Covid. But what else? This guy is mid major all the way!
historian
And now we have a jealous Cow troll who signed up yesterday to make one silly post!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
whitetrash
Texas said:

I don't see why Louisville or any power conference team would be looking at this guy. (Do your homework) He had a miraculous run and won the national championship during Covid. But what else? This guy is mid major all the way!

Jeopardy response:

Who is Rodney Terry?
LIB,MR BEARS
Texas said:

Ya, go with that.
Texas
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Texas said:

Ya, go with that.
Oh I will, while watching you guys flame out again.
IowaBear
Does Texas have any room to talk?
LIB,MR BEARS
IowaBear said:

Does Texas have any room to talk?

Doing less with more. A Texas tradition.
BBWCBear
Texas said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Texas said:

Ya, go with that.

Sayeth the 7th ranked Big 12 wHorn and 7 seed in Tourney who, with luck, will meet one of your ex-coaches in the second round possibly.
Johnny Bear
Texas said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Texas said:

Ya, go with that.

LOL! Abilene Christian says hello.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Texas said:

Projected as a No. 1 seed in 2020 before the season shut down. No. 1 seed in 2021 (and national champion). No. 1 seed in 2022 (after losing Teague, Mitchell, Butler and Vital). No. 3 seeds the two years after that. But yeah, he's a flash in the pan.
cowboycwr
TXBEAR_bf said:

I am not a fan of Pat Forde, but here is his take on the situation. Probably hard for Louisville fans to understand him passing on their opening.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/it-s-time-for-louisville-to-get-its-men-s-basketball-coaching-hire-right/ar-BB1jMPTa
Good article thanks for sharing.

As a side note I had no idea Pat Forde was still around. He has sure bounced around a bunch since leaving ESPN. He wrote for yahoo for a while and then I think SI and I don't know where else. After ESPN/yahoo it seemed all his stuff was behind pay walls. Used to love his forde yard dash columns.
JdH502
cowboycwr said:

TXBEAR_bf said:

I am not a fan of Pat Forde, but here is his take on the situation. Probably hard for Louisville fans to understand him passing on their opening.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/it-s-time-for-louisville-to-get-its-men-s-basketball-coaching-hire-right/ar-BB1jMPTa
Good article thanks for sharing.

As a side note I had no idea Pat Forde was still around. He has sure bounced around a bunch since leaving ESPN. He wrote for yahoo for a while and then I think SI and I don't know where else. After ESPN/yahoo it seemed all his stuff was behind pay walls. Used to love his forde yard dash columns.
Most UofL fans (like myself) don't think Drew will leave Baylor. You can't blame us for trying though.
IvanBear
So no Dusty May, because he was going to get better NIL support at Michigan in his mind than Louisville. Here's the Louisville options now:

"Now, attention turns to another young candidate -- Seton Hall's Shaheen Holloway, who took the job at his alma mater two seasons ago after upsetting Kentucky and leading Saint Peters' to a surprise trip to the Elite Eight.

Sources say Louisville also has been impressed with College of Charleston coach Pat Kelsey."

All that hype about Drew being offered 8 million and his people meeting with Louisville becomes harder and harder to believe. It was just some Louisville radio guys looking for notoriety.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.