* * Dallas Mavericks

46,709 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keyser Soze said:

Texasjeremy said:

Assassin said:

The trade to acquire Zach Randolph and Justin Jackson now has the Mavericks with $13.1M in room to either use at the deadline or up until June 30. Dallas now projects to have $30M in room for 2019-20. That number could increase to $40M if Dwight Powell opts-out of his contract.
For Vucevic?
I have heard that rumor. He certainly would be a good fit to pair up with KP in the front court.
My question is, who is your C?

Surely not Mejri with those athletic types. More of the three F setup would seem most likely.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Knicks viewed KPs brother as problem

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/knicks-viewed-kristaps-porzingis-brother-as-problem/483683
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Keyser Soze
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Mavericks could create a $21.3 million trade exception from this deal by taking Randolph's salary into the trade exception created last week in the Porzingis trade.
Assassin
BTW - EPSN gives Sacremento a C- and Dallas an A for this trade.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/25941862/trade-grades-next-mavs-kings-barnes-deal
xiledinok
Texasjeremy said:

Assassin said:

The trade to acquire Zach Randolph and Justin Jackson now has the Mavericks with $13.1M in room to either use at the deadline or up until June 30. Dallas now projects to have $30M in room for 2019-20. That number could increase to $40M if Dwight Powell opts-out of his contract.
For Vucevic?
I think he is target number one from what I 've read. Seems legit.
Assassin
And I still have no earthly clue how the NBA salary cap, exceptions, et al work. Every time I think I have a handle on it, it turns out I don't!
Assassin
xiledinok said:

Texasjeremy said:

Assassin said:

For Vucevic?

ESPN suggests him or Boogie. Vucivic seems to be a big fan of the Mavericks and their European connections so we may have a leg up
xiledinok
Assassin said:

xiledinok said:

Texasjeremy said:

Assassin said:

For Vucevic?

ESPN suggests him or Boogie. Vucivic seems to be a big fan of the Mavericks and their European connections so we may have a leg up
Boogie will be chased by all. Sure money would be for the Mavs to be European player destination. Greek Freak is next after Vucivic.
Assassin
Enes Kanter was just waived. 14 points and 10 rebs in 25 mins. We could used a C to finish the season, see how he fits
xiledinok
He wants to play for Thunder.
Keyser Soze
Played there before right?
Keyser Soze
Mavs want ping pong balls - get lotto luck and and Zion

..... I know, but I can dream
xiledinok
Keyser Soze said:

Played there before right?
Yes, loved the Turkish American community.
Well liked and Adams was his best friend.

Keyser, the Mavs are better with the trades.
Keyser Soze
Definately. Not there, but two really young and really good players to build around is great.

They can offer one max deal this year and again when the Greek Freak becomes available. Anyone think the GF's little bro has some job security in the Mav's D league team?
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Mavs want ping pong balls - get lotto luck and and Zion

..... I know, but I can dream
We never improved our lotto position if memory serves. Some folks say its luck, I think they used oblong ping pong balls
xiledinok
Keyser Soze said:

Definately. Not there, but two really young and really good players to build around is great.

They can offer one max deal this year and again when the Greek Freak becomes available. Anyone think the GF's little bro has some job security in the Mav's D league team?
No doubt. Rick, Donnie, and GF little bro are safest after Luka and KP.
Go ahead and admit you watched Luka setting up Hardaway Jr. last night during the Bear's 2nd half.
Keyser Soze
A lot of flipping channels , Luka go his 3rd triple double (only teen with more than one)
Assassin
Assassin
Dallas waived Zach Randolph two days after acquiring the forward from Sacramento in the Barnes deal, a trade designed for salary-cap relief. The 37-year-old Randolph never played for the Kings in his second season with them. Justin Jackson, the other player in the deal, made his Dallas debut late in the fourth quarter and hit a 3-pointer.
Assassin
Keyser Soze
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Dang rookies having all the fun
Assassin
Keyser Soze
Sixth All-Time again !

He was 6th until LBJ passed him not long ago. 6th again.

Will he pass MJ?
Assassin
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2019/04/09/nba-lottery-tracker-good-mavericks-odds-keeping-top-5-protected-pick-summer?f=r
Wichitabear
Well crying again because this is honor Dirk night. Been an emotional week.
Yogi
How long had Dirk been playing with the Mavs?

Dude started his career inside REUNION ARENA!!!
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Yogi said:

21 years

41-21-1

21 years
1 team
Assassin
Ashley Hodge said:

Yogi said:

21 years

41-21-1-30

21 years
1 team
30 points last game in Dallas
Assassin
BTW - I don't get the impression that passing anyone was a big deal. He always seemed more concerned about winning or losing each game
Assassin
Wichitabear
Crying!!!! Talk about loyal and just such a gracious person. Thank you Assassin for posting this. He is such a great guy.
Assassin
Mavericks enter this lottery tied with New Orleans and Memphis with only the seventh-best odds, and Dallas has never improved its draft position in any lottery.

The dreary bottom line: 14 lottery trips, eight times drawing the pick that corresponded with their season finish, six times drawing a worsepick.

Dallas only has a 6% chance of drawing the No. 1 overall pick, which certainly will be Duke phenom Zion Williamson, and 26.3% odds of getting one of the top four picks.

Any higher than that and the pick goes to Atlanta
Booray
Assassin said:

Mavericks enter this lottery tied with New Orleans and Memphis with only the seventh-best odds, and Dallas has never improved its draft position in any lottery.

The dreary bottom line: 14 lottery trips, eight times drawing the pick that corresponded with their season finish, six times drawing a worsepick.

Dallas only has a 6% chance of drawing the No. 1 overall pick, which certainly will be Duke phenom Zion Williamson, and 26.3% odds of getting one of the top four picks.

Any higher than that and the pick goes to Atlanta
So you are saying there is a chance?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.