* * Dallas Mavericks

60,439 Views | 704 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by GoodOleBaylorLine
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is not good. Porzingis is going to kill us himself
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
ScottS
Question….has Porzingis ever played like this?
Assassin
Halftime line (If you're a Dallas believer you might want to jump on this line now):

Mavericks +16.5 | O/U 210.5

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
ScottS said:

No. He is playing lights out
Assassin
Mavs battling back. Fun to watch
Assassin
Mavs are a -15 in the non Doncic minutes
Assassin
Well that was a beating. Kyrie better show up Sunday or this is gonna be a short series
Assassin
7-for-27 in three point shots. That is horrible. Meanwhile Boston was raining threes
GoodOleBaylorLine
ScottS said:

And this is why many Mavs fans were beyond frustrated with him.

He often didn't care, but when he did (and wasn't hurt and willing to play in the paint) was great.

FWIW, he'll probably get hurt before the series is over.
mavsfan41
i dont feel good
Hotsauce
It was already going to be tough w/o a healthy Porzingus playing out of his mind. If he continues to play like he did in gm 1? Eeeek! Not good for the mavs.

He completely negates what Lively and Gafford do on the defensive end. Ouch. And he's also denying us at the rim. Double ouch.
Hotsauce
Troubling reports that Luka is more hurt today than he has been so far in the playoffs. Doesn't sound good. Hopefully he is playing possum a little bit and will just fight through it like he has been.
Stefano DiMera
Carlisle had no clue how to use him and basically told him to stand in the corner when he was here.

Porzingas was good in Washington..but no one cared.

He was playing like an MVP this year before he got hurt.
GoodOleBaylorLine
His stats for his last full year in Dallas (20-21) are basically the same as his stats for Boston this season.

He played 14 more games for Boston and averaged a little fewer minutes.

I have to admit that I probably have not watched any Celtics games until the POs, so no idea how he looked game to game.

But the dude was so inconsistent in Dallas. I don't dislike him at all. Just not a reliable player.

It is frustrating because he'll probably help the Celtics win a title (in large part due to good timing and a little grudge) and then they'll trade him for good assets to a dumb franchise when he starts falling apart again.
Assassin
Kyrie needs to catch fire. We need lots of points from him
GoodOleBaylorLine
Porzingis hurt with "rare injury"

That's par for the course.

Hotsauce
Porzingus re-injuring himself is the least surprising news of the entire playoffs. Kinda feel for the guy.

I have a feeling he will attempt to play. Celtics would be smart to sit him though. Not sure they even need him the way the first two games have played out.
Keyser Soze
Stefano DiMera said:

Carlisle had no clue how to use him and basically told him to stand in the corner when he was here.

Porzingas was good in Washington..but no one cared.

He was playing like an MVP this year before he got hurt.

Carlisle knew he just didn't like him.

KP problem was he should not be a #2 guy like in Dallas. In Boston he is at best #3 but 4 or 5 most nights.
Assassin
That one last night hurt. Great comeback, down by 1 point with a few minutes left. One of those "nearly" games... YIKES!
GoodOleBaylorLine
Will be curious what we get Friday night. Mavs either give up and it will be a blow out, or they play out of their minds and get probably their one win in the series.

Hotsauce
Frustrating to face a sweep, but you can't really be down about this one. Boston is just the far better team. I'm not sure any West team could have won more than a game or two off them in a series. They're just that good.

My only real complaint is with the Bucks GM over the Jrue Holiday move...
Keyser Soze
Hotsauce said:

Frustrating to face a sweep, but you can't really be down about this one. Boston is just the far better team. I'm not sure any West team could have won more than a game or two off them in a series. They're just that good.

My only real complaint is with the Bucks GM over the Jrue Holiday move...

Portland moved Holiday to Celtics after they traded Dame to the Bucks.

Great move by Celtics.
Assassin
To me, this has been a series lost to the speed and agility of their guards being able to cut inside and score, almost at will. Seems like our interior defense hasnt held up despite Gafford and Livelys best attempts.

Some really questionable calls at the end of Game 3 didnt help either. We could have won that one. Matter of fact, same thing in Game 2. It was like all of a sudden, the refs had some extra bucks in their bank accounts...

And what was Kidd thinking, playing Hardaway like that? He and Maxi Kleber have been a couple of albatrosses around our necks!
Keyser Soze
I don't think the interior is a problem. The Celtics can put 5 legitimate three point threats on the floor at the same time. You either give up a wide open three or the interior.

They just good.
Hotsauce
THJ seems like he's forgotten how to do the one thing he's paid to do, so is currently unplayable. Kleber looks unathletic, soft, and also can't currently shoot (maybe he's still nursing the shoulder?).

I don't know their contract situations but I wish we could move on from both of them. They both hearken back to the inferior Mavs teams of 2-5 years ago, and I get PTSD every time they step onto the court.

I'll thank them for their service before they go though...

Yogi
Don't get too excited. Boston is clearly throwing this game so they can go back home and celebrate with the Southies.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Assassin
Almost forgot about the game tonight. Thought it was tomorrow, my roomie sticks his head in my room and yells at me to check it out.

What a butt kicking. At one point, the largest lead in the NBA finals in the last 50 years. Ends up as the 3rd biggest lead in history.

Just thinking how, if it werent for some questionable referees in games 2 and 3, we could be up 3-1 now...
Assassin
Hotsauce said:

THJ seems like he's forgotten how to do the one thing he's paid to do, so is currently unplayable. Kleber looks unathletic, soft, and also can't currently shoot (maybe he's still nursing the shoulder?).

I don't know their contract situations but I wish we could move on from both of them. They both hearken back to the inferior Mavs teams of 2-5 years ago, and I get PTSD every time they step onto the court.

I'll thank them for their service before they go though...
I think they will both be gone in the off season. We need a wing defender and another big that we can rotate in
EvilTroyAndAbed
Yogi said:

Don't get too excited. Boston is clearly throwing this game so they can go back home and celebrate with the Southies.

I don't think they came out saying "let's throw this." But when they started flat and couldn't get any traction in the beginning of the second half, they packed it in.

Would be funny if they lost game 5 though.
Assassin
Assassin
Mavs outscored Celtics in Finals 408-402. Possible for Celtics win & have negative pt differential
Assassin
Dallas 15th NBA Finals team down 3-0, looking to be 1st to win, 3-1 now & have mountain to climb, 6th force G5

Out of 15
9 swept G4
2 forced G5
2 forced G6
1 forced G7
-1951 NY Knicks vs Rochester Royals lost by 4 on the road

Last team force G5 2017 Cavs lost to Warriors
Last team force G6 1996 Sonics lost to Bulls

In PO 4 teams forced G7 down 3-0. 1951 Knicks Finals, 1994 Nuggets, 2003 Blazers & 2023 Celtics ECF
Assassin
Well, it was a great and unexpected run. Those trades in the middle of the season proved to be the real juice on the team. Gafford was a fantastic get and Lively turned out to be an absolute gem in the draft.

Next year, we need a great wing defender and another big for the rotation. Also, need to decide if Kyrie is going to be the #2 that we think he is. He really dropped off a lot during the playoffs at times.
Hotsauce
Great run by the Mavs. Ran into what might be an all-time great team.

The good news is we bring back just about everyone next year. Just gotta try to re-sign DJJ. Hopefully the East will beef up next year (and get healthier) to challenge Boston a lot more than they did this season.
Assassin
Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving have scored a combined 1,079 points this postseason, the most by a guard duo in a single postseason in NBA history

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.