Morris

107,782 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
HoustonBear15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm pretty sure only coaches have access to the transfer portal.
Pale Rider
zt1014 said:

Good luck to her. Now let's get Sara Andrews here!

Roger that.
skilledup
slimecap said:

January 15, 2019

Please do not shoot the messenger
.. I am only reposting information from a twitter feed that I have found to be reliable for several years.
.. Raoul's Twitter account states that he has a source but does not name the source.

"January 15, 2019: There have been rumors about Alexis Morris returning to Baylor next season despite her dismissal from the team prior to this season. It appears that won't be happening. A source says that her name was added to the NCAA transfer portal last week."

Link
https://wbbblog.com/2018/09/28/2018-19-season-personnel-news/

I know you all get upset about me not showing you things that I know but at times it's best for the young lady.

Always know that when I do post, I am sure of the situation before I do post it. No matter if it's dealing with Baylor or any other school. The only one I had wrong this far is Littleton staying at Texas. I was told that all of that class would be leaving. I do apologize for that.

Morris needs prayers from all and please don't forget her when you say your prayers tonight. She's very talented but this doesn't matter if she can't stay on the right path. She is at home this semester, so let's hope she can get it together.
Baylor Dad in Va.
Thank you skilledup. I appreciate your posts.
setshot
skilledup, your presence on this board is one of our greatest assets. Thanks for all that you contribute.
Lion82
We tried to tell ya'll
WNIT in '23
Pale Rider
Lion82 said:

We tried to tell ya'll

Really necessary?
Make you feel better?
zt1014
I wanted to say it, but they said it first!
WIBear
Skilledup, always appreciate your thoughtful insight into our Lady Bears. Keep up the great work!
Onward Go
The loss of Morris is unfortunate, but this year has demonstrated the coaching staff's ability to develop/coach-up talent and turn it into something that fits our needs. For example Jackson had rarely played man to man and had not played point in college. She's now excellent at both.

I'm looking forward to see what CKM and staff do with Juicy and Honesty for next year. But first, I'm enjoying this season more than I thought I would!

I'm closing the door on thinking about Morris (and wish her well) -- we're really loaded and blessed!
GarlandBear84
Username checks out.
57Bear
Pale Rider said:

Lion82 said:

We tried to tell ya'll

Really necessary?
Make you feel better?
Really necessary?
Pale Rider
57Bear said:

Pale Rider said:

Lion82 said:

We tried to tell ya'll

Really necessary?
Make you feel better?
Really necessary?

Yep, when it fits, absolutely.
skilledup
She's on her official visit with Mississippi state this weekend
Eball
skilledup said:

As much as I wish the best for her...it just stinks to think we would have to play against her and that she would be playing for a team that will be a challenger for an NCAA championship.

Of course...in Kim I trust! who would have thought that we would be so good with Juicy and Chloe handling the point...we maybe more balanced...we certainly lack some experienced and talented depth at guard but Juicy and Chloe have passed all the tests so far.
Pale Rider
I'm right with you E.
WacoKelly83
Getting far away from Texas and the troubles she's had here may be just the ticket. I hate that she's gone but hope she gets another chance.
ScottS
Not liking that Texans making MSU great
The Old BEAR
skilledup said:

Starkville is a nice quiet little town (under 30,000) and just might be the perfect location.
Trouble can be found anywhere... but in Starkville, you will have to look for it.
Getting her out of Beaumont ASAP is a big plus.
mlb60
The Old BEAR said:

skilledup said:

Starkville is a nice quiet little town (under 30,000) and just might be the perfect location.
Trouble can be found anywhere... but in Starkville, you will have to look for it.
Getting her out of Beaumont ASAP is a big plus.

A change of scenery might help her. I'm sure that if she ends up at State she'll be warned that she's on a short leash. I hope and pray that she gets herself figured out and learns how to be an adult.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
ScottS
...but we don't want to make MSU TOO good. They are a team we could run into in the sweet 16, elite 8, FF etc.
3rdgenbear
Thankfully, CKM puts the team first. Unfortunately, we have all seen these situations occur with a lot of athletes and other high profile folks who show so much promise and are caught up in a destructive lifecycle, but the cycle is very hard to break without great influences in their lives. My guess is that one day, Alexis will realize that coach was really looking out for her and tried to be that influence.

Scout Bear
ScottS said:

...but we don't want to make MSU TOO good. They are a team we could run into in the sweet 16, elite 8, FF etc.
Like we have a choice on this.
The Old BEAR
Eball said:

skilledup said:

As much as I wish the best for her...it just stinks to think we would have to play against her and that she would be playing for a team that will be a challenger for an NCAA championship.

Of course...in Kim I trust! who would have thought that we would be so good with Juicy and Chloe handling the point...we maybe more balanced...we certainly lack some experienced and talented depth at guard but Juicy and Chloe have passed all the tests so far.
It would be foolish to think that a person of her ability wouldn't be gobbled up by a top tier program. With her laying out the Spring semester, I am sure she will receive more invites to visit.
Let the chips fall where they may.
Excellent chance we cross paths with her again before her eligibility is used up.
Bone Squad
As with Mompremier and Chou, I'll root for Morris in every game she plays that isn't against Baylor.
buildabear1
Alex on Instagram on a live feed just posted, she will be going to Rutgers University.
GarlandBear84
That's a surprise. They haven't been relevant in a while it seems and NJ is a long way from Beaumont.
Russell Gym
The distance from Beaumont May be intentional.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
HoustonBear15 said:

I'm pretty sure only coaches have access to the transfer portal.
Player do as well. Some have outed teammates.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BuinmyBlood said:

GarlandBear84 said:

On the other hand it doesn't seem fair to the majority of our fans who are somewhat expecting Morris to be our PG next season unless they are told otherwise.
Yep. And they only knew that Morris was still on campus and positioning herself for reinstatement because an unsubstantiated but solid rumor from skilled-up told us at that time that she had been staying in school and was trying to work her way back to being on the team. And from all supportive information that came after that it appears that skilled-up was absolutely right again. People who haven't been on this board long do not realize how far back skilled up has been posting information and how much of it has been 100% accurate. I'm also assuming that a lot of people who are chiming in right now haven't been around long enough to know how Kim operates in these situations. Her tendency to be extremely tight-lipped with the press is legendary when it comes to her players. She has always believed in protecting them, and anyone who leaks information out of her office and gets caught most likely will not have a job the next week.

Going back to the Danielle Wilson situation many years ago it was very similar to this situation in that lots of rumors were going around that turned out to be absolutely true but you never heard one word out of the Baylor press Corps because they knew they'd better not say anything. That's just the way it works with Kim. Sure, when situations warrant there will be a disclosure in the local newspaper about a player's disposition if it is permanent such as in a transfer or a dismissal. But you will nearly never hear it coming as a quote from Kim's mouth. Just not going to happen. So if you're expecting to hear something like that directly from her, you're wasting your time..

You/the school could violate some federal laws unless the player tells you it is cleared to print.

Public record is out there for the rest.
skilledup
Morris was at the game tonight and was overhead saying her goodbyes.
TechDawgMc
buildabear1 said:

Alex on Instagram on a live feed just posted, she will be going to Rutgers University.
That's not a good fit for her. Rutgers doesn't tend to be a disciplined team. They sometimes seem to be a team with anger management issues. Not where I'd send someone to work on such things.
The Old BEAR
TechDawgMc said:

buildabear1 said:

That's not a good fit for her. Rutgers doesn't tend to be a disciplined team. They sometimes seem to be a team with anger management issues. Not where I'd send someone to work on such things
Girl has those deep SE Texas roots embedded in her.
Not sure how thats going to jive with NE Coast Yankee-ism.
skilledup
The Old BEAR said:

TechDawgMc said:

buildabear1 said:

That's not a good fit for her. Rutgers doesn't tend to be a disciplined team. They sometimes seem to be a team with anger management issues. Not where I'd send someone to work on such things
Girl has those deep SE Texas roots embedded in her.
Not sure how thats going to jive with NE Coast Yankee-ism.

She was limited on where she could go.
Old300Bear
I think this one hurt Kim for the kids sake. I feel certain Kim was rooting for her to make it back, but rules are rules. I am sad for us and sad for Alexis.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.