Morris

107,926 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mimi25408 said:

Morris is not back.. just enrolled in school. She wont be back for the season.

We are talking about next year after sitting this year. Actually after being off the team completely this year.
WacoKelly83
Does anyone know if she is still attending school on an athletic scholly? Just curious.
mimi25408
Yes.... I know . I was replying to someone that used the words " with morris back with this year team".
skilledup
Morris will red shirt this year and have 3 years of eligibility. She will stay at Baylor. She is still attending Baylor at the moment
GarlandBear84
Very interesting!
57Bear
skilledup said:

Morris will red shirt this year and have 3 years of eligibility. She will stay at Baylor. She is still attending Baylor at the moment
Thanks for the information. Is a redshirt allowed to practice?
GarlandBear84
Normally, yes. In this case though I'll bet Mulkey makes that decision.
mimi25408
Awesome !!! Thanks skilledup!! I can already see texas fans posting this on their thread whining about Kim.
Chibears2
Except that's pretty much the same they did with Joyner Holmes after the cheating incident, isn't it?
slimecap
Chibears2 said:

Except that's pretty much the same they did with Joyner Holmes after the cheating incident, isn't it?
That memory deserves a blue star
Chibears2
Would be good to have her back, but the best thing about this would be I would imagine Morris could be getting some counseling for managing anger and would be in a closely monitored, structured environment. She would be more likely to learn an important life lesson about actions, consequences, perseverance, forgiveness and working to come through on the other side. We've all had to learn those lessons.... As much as I want it for the Lady Bears, I want it more for her....
Pale Rider
Chibears2 said:

Would be good to have her back, but the best thing about this would be I would imagine Morris could be getting some counseling for managing anger and would be in a closely monitored, structured environment. She would be more likely to learn an important life lesson about actions, consequences, perseverance, forgiveness and working to come through on the other side. We've all had to learn those lessons.... As much as I want it for the Lady Bears, I want it more for her....

Beautifully stated my brother. Would you like to preach for me this next Sunday?
Bone Squad
I agree, Chibears2. At the risk of spurring a political debate, I am troubled by the recent national mentality that when someone makes a serious mistake, the only acceptable response is to banish them from employment, school, and society in general, with no chance at redemption. Societally, there has GOT to be a path to forgiveness, or the message to the person is that they may as well just do whatever they want from now on. People should be rewarded when they put in the effort to change themselves for the better.

If Morris can spend this year being an excellent student, learning to cope constructively with her emotions, and being a cheerleader for the team, I would be thrilled for her to be offered a second chance....even if that meant at another school. It'd be great to see her in a Lady Bears uniform again, though.
willtalk
Bone Squad said:

I agree, Chibears2. At the risk of spurring a political debate, I am troubled by the recent national mentality that when someone makes a serious mistake, the only acceptable response is to banish them from employment, school, and society in general, with no chance at redemption. Societally, there has GOT to be a path to forgiveness, or the message to the person is that they may as well just do whatever they want from now on. People should be rewarded when they put in the effort to change themselves for the better.

If Morris can spend this year being an excellent student, learning to cope constructively with her emotions, and being a cheerleader for the team, I would be thrilled for her to be offered a second chance....even if that meant at another school. It'd be great to see her in a Lady Bears uniform again, though.

This growing perspective seems to be a consequence of "Political Correctness" which seems to place more emphasis on the Political and less on the correct part.
ladybears4eva
Admitting fault should be part of the path of forgiveness. Otherwise you're denying your own truth.

Even for a scotus member
Dcheetah
Don't need politics here
Baylor Dad in Va.
I agree, we don't need politics here.

But ladybears4eva did not start it, and I certainly think that he has the right to say what he said. Fair is fair. There was politics in the two previous posts. I happen to agree with him.

And I'm willing to drop it and go back to discussing Alexis Morris which is what the thread was about.

I think it is great news that Morris is in school, and still loves her teammates, friends and Baylor. in spite of a few detractors, I think she has a great attitude. She is a great person in my opinion, and a person that I love to watch play basketball. I am hoping to see her back with the team next year, and she has given a few hints that this is what she wants. But we will have to wait and see.
SSadler

(deleted; my info was already covered above)

mimi25408
If you read above, she has already chosen the option to stay at baylor and redshirt this season.
Baylor Dad in Va.
When Alexis returns to the court next year we will have an embarrassment of riches at the PG position. She is one talented individual that will definite make us better with her 3pt shooting as well as her speed and floor generalship.
Pale Rider
I love it when life lessons turn out for the best for all concerned.
Praise the Lord.
Yogi

Confirmed.
Pale Rider
Wonderful.
LadyChickBear
Okay, I am late to the party, but Praise the Lord. Makes me feel so much better for Alexis. She has heart; praying the Lord will grow her this year and we as fans will support her. Hoping and praying!!
KOKQB70
Yep, when Pale Rider and Yogi approve this, then Baylor is blessed!
Pale Rider
KOK QB 70 said:

Yep, when Pale Rider and Yogi approve this, then Baylor is blessed!

Thank you brother.

Can't wait for Baylor Lady Bear basketball.
GoldenBear
We can freely work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Praise the Lord!
LadyChickBear
There are so many rumors. Do we know for sure the latter of this thread is correct? Where is the information coming from? And I am praying it is correct. Not just for us, but also for her. I hate when kids get destroyed for a mistake and I am with the guy who posted about political correctness being political. This is a kid.
Alan Lefever
All my sources (man I've always wanted to say that! ...and they are good). Tell me

1.) she is still at Baylor

2.) she has a spot on the team next year if she stays out of trouble

3.) as of this moment, she wants to be back on the team next year....
mimi25408
This is not a rumor. It is true. I have spoken to Alexis through direct message on twitter.
CavalryRoadie
This is good news.
Hairy Bear
This is very good news.
Bone Squad
This is exceptionally good news.
Russell Gym
Fantastic! A true win-win for all involved.
Pale Rider
Really, really, really good news.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.