Morris

107,957 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
BaylorBear2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any insight as to why she was released?
mlb60
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
WacoKelly83
We'll there you have it. God bless her and good luck
Pale Rider
mlb60 said:

Now that is a whole different story. Wow. What a shame.
Pale Rider
Had to be some extremely serious stuff.
CavalryRoadie
WacoKelly83 said:

We're going to survive. Lots of talent on this team and I know our staff will make it work. Transfers happen all the time these days. It's just the timing that stinks. It's a shame but not much you can do but move on.
Nicely put.

This took a 180 degree turn from an hour ago. CKM suspended Morris for the West Virginia game, last February.

Such talent - it's too bad.
Polarbear
180 degree turn, indeed. Not sure what she did, and we may never know, but it's a far different story than her deciding to transfer. Disappointing loss of a key talent, but Alexis I wish you the best.
Next girl up. Adversity creates opportunity, and Honesty, Chloe, Juicy and Moon now have more opportunity.
Bearprof
Like others have posted, this must have been very serious for KM to dismiss her from the team, as she is one who will stand by her players whenever possible. However, it very likely wasn't possible in this case.

Such a talented player. Let's hope Morris's next stop is more successful for her on the personal/team end of things. So Grayson will be, at a minimum, backing up the PG spot and getting a ton of playing time. If we need another ball handler, then a previous poster suggesting Bickle playing a point forward position makes sense. With transfers like Chou and Morris , this presents opportunity for others. This is still a very deep and talented team. Moon's continued development may well be the X factor this year. With her and Landrum sharing time along with Grayson at the G positions, all will get plenty of reps.
Lone Star
1) While a promising player, this is not as severe a blow as I am seeing on this board. Chloe Jackson is a very experienced player that can play the 1 (remember Kristy Wallace switched from the 2 -> 1 last year). We will have the first half of the season to see who gels out in the 1 spot.

2) Transfer or Dismissal? This has not been the first time that Alexis has had a run in with team rules. Her and Didi served one game suspensions last year for a team rules violation if memory serves me well. Maybe lacks discipline both off the court and on? I am sure that Kim didn't like the decision she had to make but, kudos to her for sticking to her morals of what is right in regard to team rules.

3) I wish her (Alexis) the best going forward and hope she finds her place where she will be happy,

4) Who the heck is Nicc Jackson?
WacoKelly83
4) Who the heck is Nicc Jackson?

Associated with blue star media group. AAU coach or promotor most likely
HoustonBear15
Pale Rider said:

HoustonBear15 said:

Her tweets today are really interesting and a little concerning.

Can you post or explain?
She deleted one of the specific ones I was referring to. She said something along the lines of people not caring for her or having her back, but here are some others she has tweeted.

CavalryRoadie
Thought it was weird, when Morris' Twitter photo still has a photo in her Baylor uni, while she was no longer listed on the Baylor roster.

Down to twelve (12) players. Still, it could be worse. It could be like the WV game, last February.
Hairy Bear
Last year Notre Dame had to find a new point guard to lead their team. The process took a while but was successful, a player who doubted she could play this role, found that she could. Nice story.
LadyChickBear
Probably ready here, but Kim dismissed her for a rules violation.
Brownbw
New rules let her play anywhere she wants??? No sitting out a year for transfers
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Kim was essentially left with no choice per about 5 sources.
GRIZZLY79ER
I haven't seen anyone post this...

...but recall that Baylor WBB has a graduate transfer point guard coming to the team this year from LSU...

...she was a starter and averaged 15 pts/game...

... Chloe Jackson
Bone Squad
I thought Chloe was primarily a shooting guard.
BealBear
Brian Ethridge said:

Kim was essentially left with no choice per about 5 sources.

She wasn't arrested but she had to release her? cheating on a test or something similar maybe?
Polarbear
We've talked about Chloe several times throughout this thread. We talked about how she is primarily a SG, not a PG, and yet she was given some minutes at PG on the Italy trip. She may be a viable candidate to play some minutes at PG this year, even though it was not her primary position at LSU.

In fact, it would not stun me if our early season starting lineup went:
PG - Chloe J
SG - Juicy L
SF - Didi R
PF - Lauren C
P - Kalani B

Lots of options. These things will play themselves out on the practice court over the next few weeks, but I suspect Honesty, Chloe, Juicy, and Moon will all get some looks at PG over that time as the coaches try to solve the puzzle.
biiiiigbaylorguy
Are you allowed to have a promotor/agent to contact for transfers? Definitely seems like some kind of NCAA violation on the surface but I'm also not the most educated.
whitetrash
Latara Darrett part deux....?
Lone Star
Bone Squad said:

I thought Chloe was primarily a shooting guard.
Yes, and so was Kristy. You have to ask the question as to why a person transfers as a graduate senior? It is usually to go to a school that has a chance to win a National Championship and, a school that has regular exposure to good competition and lots of TV time to showcase their talent for future professional play. You can see that KW's switch from the 2 -> 1 didn't hurt her being drafted in the WNBA. Besides, I think with the depth that we have, filling in that 1 spot should be pretty easy to do so, I think we are just fine.
Space53
I think Morris was the best returning point guard in the country. She will be missed, mainly for her offensive skills. Baylor has never had a player that fast and with those moves.
Bone Squad
You make interesting points, Lone Star.

I don't know enough of Chloe's history to say whether I agree on the comparison with Kristy. Specifically, Kristy spent the better part of the previous year as point guard when it became clear that Alexis Jones in that role was not optimal. Has Chloe played the point enough in the past to fit there comfortably now?

I think some amount of point-guard-by-committee is going to be inevitable this year, and the members of that committee we have to choose from are talented without a doubt. At the same time, down the stretch, I think you have to know that one of them is "the guy (gal)," and you want the ball in their hands every time. I hope one of them will emerge as that person.
Pale Rider
Space53 said:

I think Morris was the best returning point guard in the country. She will be missed, mainly for her offensive skills. Baylor has never had a player that fast and with those moves.

Exactly right.
Lion82
The rules over the years appear to be pretty simple.

Go to class
Don't get in trouble with the law
Play defense

If a player can master these three things she will have a successful career at Baylor. If not, she won't make it.
WNIT in '23
Hairy Bear
This may remove the possibility of Juicy starting at 3, where a number people are willing able and ready. Juicy will be needed at 1 and 2 to start and/or backup.
Bone Squad
Silver lining: if Juicy is running the point, she may occasionally not be guarded closely while bringing the ball up the court, and she will have the opportunity to sink one of her patented half-court shots.
Lone Star
Pale Rider said:

Space53 said:

Exactly right.
Ok, now you guys are showing your love for Baylor WBB and I like it!

However, just for a small reality check I think there is a large gap when you think about the PG position and you talk about players like Crystal Dangerfield and Sabrina Ionesceu in comparison to Alexis as far as best PGs in the country.

Do I think Alexis could have had a break out year here? Of course however, whatever the circumstances are with her dismissal (and it is none of my business), she should have thought about that beforehand.

Not an easy decision for Kim and staff but, clearly had to be done for whatever reason.

And don't think that Juicy, Moon, HSG, or others aren't now working that much harder to show they can take the leadership role at the 1. We've got 2 months before the start of the season, don't think they aren't being coached up to be ready. I am confident it will all work out.
Pale Rider
I like your confidence Lone Star.
baylor1984
If there is a silver lining at all in this it's that it should make Baylor even more attractive to Sarah Andrews.
skilledup
Hate it came to this and I hope that she uses this as a learning lesson but this is really sad. Praying for her and the family. One thing she can't do, and that's blame others for what she did. We never learn when we do this.
Scout Bear
Space53 said:

Evidently you have not seen me head for the bathroom at halftime.
GarlandBear84
baylor1984 said:

If there is a silver lining at all in this it's that it should make Baylor even more attractive to Sarah Andrews.

That was my first thought.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.