Morris

107,988 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
setshot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Many fans here have invested a great deal of hope and more than a little expectation when it came to Morris. I am not inclined to ever comment on issues about which I have no information, and while I have sometimes had information which I took to be accurate because of the source, I was never comfortable with commenting publicly about matters which I thought to be private in nature.

That being said, I see no reason why her possible return to the program or conversely, her unlikelihood of doing so, should not be a matter of conjecture, though the reasons for the latter have little place in these discussions. Her return was always problematical, but was extremely important to the future of this program either way, as it would affect our recruitment no matter how that turned out, and recruiting is of the utmost interest to us all.

skilled up has first hand information on many of the matters we have discussed over the years because of his association with many of the recruits, in particular Didi Richards and Alexis Morris, through summer AAU ball, and as noted he has rarely led us astray with the information he has generously made available to us. I am not sure that any of the contributors to SicEm365 have a better track record in that regard than he does. In addition, he has been very judicious in how much he has revealed, never going into details which border on the privacy of individuals under discussion. He usually gives conclusions based on what he knows, and if his information is insufficient, he does not exceed it.

Baylor Dad in Va.
mimi25408 said:

I have known Lex since she was 9 years old, and she is a wonderful lady but did sometimes hang with the wrong crowd. She played Dfw ball with my sister and both got to play together again at Baylor last year. I dont ask my sister whats going on with other players on the team unless she tells me on her own terms. Those conversations are kept private unless there are means to release it. I will not say what i know about the situation with morris but i will say that Skilledup is right about 95% he/she post information and you guys should shop pin pointing tweets that dont indicate anything.

Every teen goes rough patches she will get over it. Its funny how some of you say that you cant find any evidence or proof of what skilled said but my thing is you guys didnt have proof that morris was evening coming back next year but you took that and ran with it.

You guys just hear what you want to be hear. I will say this.. she will figure it out and get on the right path whether she chooses to stay or Baylor is done with her.

Also this will be my last time on the board. They said family members of players shouldn't be on fan forums... i guess they were right.

P.S. (skilledup thanks for everything over the years!)

mimi25408, please accept my apology if I have offended you in any way. It was not my intent. Nor was it my intent to offend skilledup. She too is one of my favorite posters. When I went back and read all of the previous post in this thread from the very beginning, I see that both of you have been extremely careful, accurate and helpful with what you have posted.
I beg you, please do not leave the board. You are one of our best posters, along with skilledup. It would be a big blow to this board to lose you and skilledup. Both you and skilledup have knowledge about the program that is invaluable.
I am a very ardent Baylor women's basketball fan but I have spent nearly my entire life being a lurker, not a poster on the boards. As a relatively newbie to the board I am afraid I let my passion get the best of me and perhaps offended you and others. It was not my intent.
setshot
Thanks for that post, Baylor Dad...you have great passion for the Lady Bear program, and that is much appreciated by all of us who have been longtime supporters. Keep posting with the same enthusiasm. It energizes us all.
Dcheetah
I think Skilled up is a woman.
Baylor Dad in Va.
Dcheetah said:

I think Skilled up is a woman.
Yes, thank you. I corrected my post
GarlandBear84
Now we can argue and speculate over this for ten more pages. I must admit I have always assumed skilledup is a man.
setshot
I was told that she was a he.
Gender does not really matter to us, but it probably does to skilled up.
zt1014
She has no affiliation to the team. School doesn't have to comment. I appreciate Skilledup and the information provided.
LadyChickBear
BaylorBears_254 said:

The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Skilledup has RARELY been wrong on the news he has posted.

Old Bear i get you're "from" Alexis's hometown and you think you would have the #1 scoop, but that is NOT the case at all times.

Just because someone gets the news before you, does not make them wrong.
Lexi's hometown has absolutely nothing to do with it.
I spent over 40 years working and owning TV/Radio stations. At one time I was very proud of it.
Today the media business is in the toilet.
The reason is that everyone is more interested in getting a "SCOOP" than getting it right!
There was a time you verified everything before you went with it. Today you just go with what you got and call it "anonymous sources".
Nope! You got me figured wrong.
RIGHT trumps FIRST every time.

The only thing that I've read from you so far is that "If it hasn't been reported by Kim or your source in Alexis's hometown" then it's wrong.

You're trying TOO hard to make yourself sound correct here. I get that you have some good sources and commections closw to the situation, but how do you know that Skilledup doesn't have better ones?

Why would Skilledup open up the entire can of beans? You're a person that's well connected, you should know how these things work.
Again, I never said ANYBODY was right or wrong.
I said there has been no confirmation from any of the three sources.
This is still an undocumented verification only.
Unverified claims are like Weather forecast... it's usually a guessing game.

Let me correct your first paragraph.
If it's not cooperated by either Kim, Lexi, or Baylor Sports Information... its only speculation.

This is no disrespect to your Skilledup. It's just a request for his sources.
Remember, with some of us "anonymous sources" doesn't fly any more.

To quote a recent comment by Setshot....

"We have a couple of well-connected individuals on this board who occasionally clarify some of the issues which have arisen from time to time, but many of them remain shrouded in mystery after years have elapsed. That may well be a good thing, but it does lend itself to speculation, and if we exaggerate or misconstrue due to a lack of solid information, that is both regrettable and very human."

I would love to have verification from one of the 3 sources, but until then, this case is unconfirmed.

The case doesn't have to be "unconfirmed" just because no one has came public with it.

Situations like these are usually kept on the low anyways...until maybe after the season or close to the end.

Alexis was already walking on thin ice, so this new doesn't come so far fetched.

We all want to know the interesting "details", and Im sure they will come soon, but Im sticking with Skilledup on this one, until he's proven wrong on this info
Unconfirmed means exactly that....no one has confirmed it so it is still a rumor. And I would assume it isn't public is because nothing is definite or set. We will surely know more on Monday.
Dcheetah
Thought I remembered her coming here and telling us that.
Lion82
Baylor dismissed Morris last fall. I doubt they comment on the actions of a person that is not currently on the team.

People close to the program know the details and don't feel like it is their place to give out the specific details on a public forum.

It's sad for Morris and it is sad the program to lose one of the top point guards in the nation.
WNIT in '23
ScottS
She could be back. We don't know the future.
Eball
I don't understand what some of you are fussing about exactly...I went back to the original post and it was in response to media reports that Morris has asked for her release...then after some angst and wringing of the hands by several we got a confirmation that she had been dismissed from the team for violation of team rules.

She is a great talent and was going to be an important part of this years team...no question there would be some talking and speculating...then there was some talk about the issues and whether she might find her way back after this season.

I don't disagree with any of the posts except ones that take unnecessary shots at Morris or any other player or coach for that matter. this is what the boards are for fans to discuss, gripe, moan and praise everything Lady Bears! I hope Morris comes back she is a great player. But more importantly I hope she is ok and that whatever the issues are she figures them out. As best I could see she always gave her best when she played.

I can tell some folks are upset about some things that may or may not be true or speculation but the weird thing is I found myself agreeing with both sides...to the point where I really could not tell what the argument is about. since September she has been off the team nothing has changed as best I can tell.
The Old BEAR
The quest for validation will continue next week.
ScottS
Good work Old Bear! We can hold out hope.
The Old BEAR
Lion82 said:

Baylor dismissed Morris last fall. I doubt they comment on the actions of a person that is not currently on the team.

People close to the program know the details and don't feel like it is their place to give out the specific details on a public forum.

It's sad for Morris and it is sad the program to lose one of the top point guards in the nation.
Kim has been known to change her mind.

Our youngest grew up with Kim and Randy's kids.
We were friends with the two of them at Ridgewood.
Had lunch with them many times. Randy owns an advertising agency and was connected to Media.
Following the much publicized split-up, Kim knew we were still friends with Randy.
She once approached us, and in typical Kim' fashion, made the statement that any friend of Randy's is NOT a friend of mine.
We told her we considered them both friends. She didn't like the answer.
Within a month, the early tirade was over. Things returned to normal.
We were ALL friends again.
Her old coach once said... "Sometimes Kim leaps before she looks."

If she remains firm on Morris... fine.
But don't think for a minute that she hasn't had second thoughts before.
The "Leap before the "Look".
We know Kim and Randy on a social level... certainly not basketball "insiders".
But we stood our ground that day and are glad we did. To this day, we consider them BOTH friends.
ScottS
He's the deal....if Morris goes to another team, she will make that team better. We would be smart to think this through and give her a 2nd chance if possible. Would you want Morris on UConn, ND, or UT?
zt1014
Geno wouldn't take her. He doesn't take kids dismissed from teams for behavior reasons. I don't see Muffett taking her either. Doubt she can transfer within the conference. So Miss State would be my best guess for her. However, some teams will take player's that have discipline issues.
Lion82
Morris had the keys to the Ferrari in her hands. It was hers to drive for 3 years. All she had to do was go to class and not get into legal trouble. She couldn't do that. It is sad for her , the program and the fans

Kim wins a lot and runs a clean program. She gets paid 7 figures to do it.

Who in their right mind would risk all that. Give our idiot regents a reason to fire you for keeping around a talented yet troubled player.
WNIT in '23
CavalryRoadie
Kim has been known to change her mind.

Our youngest grew up with Kim and Randy's kids.
We were friends with the two of them at Ridgewood.
Had lunch with them many times. Randy owns an advertising agency and was connected to Media.
Following the much publicized split-up, Kim knew we were still friends with Randy.
She once approached us, and in typical Kim' fashion, made the statement that any friend of Randy's is NOT a friend of mine.
We told her we considered them both friends. She didn't like the answer.
Within a month, the early tirade was over. Things returned to normal.
We were ALL friends again.
Her old coach once said... "Sometimes Kim leaps before she looks."

If she remains firm on Morris... fine.
But don't think for a minute that she hasn't had second thoughts before.
The "Leap before the "Look".
We know Kim and Randy on a social level... certainly not basketball "insiders".
But we stood our ground that day and are glad we did. To this day, we consider them BOTH friends.

I would hope that none of my friends would ever repeat such personal stories to the world like you just did.
Baylor Dad in Va.

Well I found it rather refreshing and interesting. I certainly didn't think it was anything disrespectful to Kim. Just gave me some insight into her personality and shows that she has normal feelings like the rest of us.
Lion82
Don't count on it. Kim has dismissed several talented players over the years for less offense. Anyone remember Latara Derrett? That one was tough. She had the best pull up jumper we ever had.
WNIT in '23
Russell Gym
Cameron Park
gone to Tickfaw
the difficult thing about this is that, although Alexis may find another college team (NCAA, etc), it hinders her reception at USA basketball... who don't have to deal with peripheral issues like trouble with the law due to the talent pool...

sadly, there is s different standard for women than men when it comes to behavior...
gone to Tickfaw
just hoping she gets it turned around, gets some help, thrives
The Old BEAR
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

Well I found it rather refreshing and interesting. I certainly didn't think it was anything disrespectful to Kim. Just gave me some insight into her personality and shows that she has normal feelings like the rest of us.
Baylor Dad, One thing I learned a long time ago about this board...
Women dance a lot differently than men.
If a man says it... it takes on a whole new perspective around these parts.
StatMan
Alexis Morris blew a good chance of playing on a Final Four team at Baylor this year. I hope she gets her personal life in order.
slimecap
January 15, 2019

Please do not shoot the messenger
.. I am only reposting information from a twitter feed that I have found to be reliable for several years.
.. Raoul's Twitter account states that he has a source but does not name the source.

"January 15, 2019: There have been rumors about Alexis Morris returning to Baylor next season despite her dismissal from the team prior to this season. It appears that won't be happening. A source says that her name was added to the NCAA transfer portal last week."

Link
https://wbbblog.com/2018/09/28/2018-19-season-personnel-news/
ScottS
Say it isn't so
WacoKelly83
One door closes, another one opens. Best of luck to her.
The Old BEAR
Now all we need is the web address for the NCAA transfer portal site.
zt1014
Good luck to her. Now let's get Sara Andrews here!
Eball
So we can't just go to the portal and figure out who is in or not...at least I can't figure out how...
The Old BEAR
Eball said:

So we can't just go to the portal and figure out who is in or not...at least I can't figure out how...
Oh, it's out there for free access to the web. Just this morning, talking heads on the local radio were talking about (Football) names that were on the site.
Like you, I have searched for it but can't find it.
No clue under what name the NCAA has it listed.
slimecap
Media Contact
Michelle Brutlag Hosick
NCAA Associate Director of Public and Media Relations
Email
mhosick@ncaa.org

She wrote the transfer portal article on June 13, 2018.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/new-transfer-rule-eliminates-permission-contact-process

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.