Haley, DeSantis, Other?

16,756 Views | 416 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Cobretti
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada: "A part time security guard who requires full time financial support from his 2nd wife"

Congrats Canada, you managed to make a post which is completely wrong in every assertion, and that's before you even address my post.

For the benefit of the room, Canada seems to have screened facts through a filter of malice. I don't usually give out personal details, however this post from Canada is special in how badly it misses the facts:

"A part time security guard" - I once worked a summer job as a Pinkerton while attending Baylor. Since that summer I graduated and presently hold an MBA from the University/Houston at Victoria with a concentration in Accounting, and work as an AR manager for an Industrial Supply company which mostly serves the Oil & Gas industry.

"who requires full time financial support" - I have supported myself financially since my 3rd year of college. I own my house outright, and have paid my daughter's way through college. My wife and I paid cash for our last three vehicle purchases.

from his 2nd wife" - Well now. I am my wife's second husband, but I am happy to say I got it right the first try and we are into our second quarter-century of being happy together.

I have let that crap from Canada slide before, but this kind of malicious dishonesty is well out of bounds. It's one thing to disagree on a point of opinion, something else to smear someone because that's what kind of character you have.

You must be slipping worse than usual old fella .

You have provided tons of ( boring ) personal details.

And I only return what you have dished out in my direction countless times over the years. You own an ego the size of Texas with an IQ of a 6th grader .

So play 'victim' on your own time .
Reported to Moderation.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada: "A part time security guard who requires full time financial support from his 2nd wife"

Congrats Canada, you managed to make a post which is completely wrong in every assertion, and that's before you even address my post.

For the benefit of the room, Canada seems to have screened facts through a filter of malice. I don't usually give out personal details, however this post from Canada is special in how badly it misses the facts:

"A part time security guard" - I once worked a summer job as a Pinkerton while attending Baylor. Since that summer I graduated and presently hold an MBA from the University/Houston at Victoria with a concentration in Accounting, and work as an AR manager for an Industrial Supply company which mostly serves the Oil & Gas industry.

"who requires full time financial support" - I have supported myself financially since my 3rd year of college. I own my house outright, and have paid my daughter's way through college. My wife and I paid cash for our last three vehicle purchases.

from his 2nd wife" - Well now. I am my wife's second husband, but I am happy to say I got it right the first try and we are into our second quarter-century of being happy together.

I have let that crap from Canada slide before, but this kind of malicious dishonesty is well out of bounds. It's one thing to disagree on a point of opinion, something else to smear someone because that's what kind of character you have.

And I only return what you have dished out in my direction countless times over the years. You own an ego the size of Texas with an IQ of a 6th grader .

Reported to Moderation.
Hope they go back a few years.
LIB,MR BEARS
There used to be an old poster that would do a lot of research of people he disagreed with, posted in all caps. What a clown show. Was it BEAR?
Canada2017
LIB,MR BEARS said:

There used to be an old poster that would do a lot of research of people he disagreed with, posted in all caps. What a clown show. Was it BEAR?
Don't recall.

Although on his good days BEAR was easily the most entertaining poster on BFANS.

Wish this site would grant him 'amnesty' .
muddybrazos
Canada2017 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Don't recall.

Although on his good days BEAR was easily the most entertaining poster on BFANS.

Is he still alive? I thought he was like 70yo about 20 years ago.
Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Reported to Moderation.
Doubt that would make you look any better, Canada.
4th and Inches
Canada2017 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Don't recall.

SON..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Reported to Moderation.

Doubtlessly would rather own my mirror than yours .
Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Reported to Moderation.

Sounds like you are projecting again. I have to admit I wonder why you resent people who earn their money?

Having worked from front-line positions to reporting to C-suite executives, I have learned the difficulties of working at every level. Even though my menial days were four decades ago, I remember and respect those who do the grunt work, often ignored by people like Canada who never traveled the rough road.

So, while Canada does his best Lumbergh impression, I will simply move on and appreciate those who made their success through effort and discipline. Canada and the others who rode on Mumsie's trust fund will never understand.
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Reported to Moderation.

Sounds like you are projecting again. I have to admit I wonder why you resent people who earn their money?

Having worked from front-line positions to reporting to C-suite executives, I have learned the difficulties of working at every level. Even though my menial days were four decades ago, I remember and respect those who do the grunt work, often ignored by people like Canada who never traveled the rough road.

So, while Canada does his best Lumbergh impression, I will simply move on and appreciate those who made their success through effort and discipline. Canada and the others who rode on Mumsie's trust fund will never understand.
' reporting to C-suite executives' .........so does a janitor and countless other menials .

Grunt work....as in working cattle and cotton ground for 12 hours a day 7 days a week ?

Haven't lived until you have palpated a few hundred cows or stripped a tractor engine in 102 degree El Paso sunshine .

Mumsie's trust fund ?

FYI...when my Mother died she left me $ 140,000.

With my wife's blessing I gave the entire $ 140,000 to my sister as she had taken care of our Mother in Texas while I was building houses in Colorado .

Keep trying old guy...this is fun .
Oldbear83
Just working from your own arrogant statements, old son.

You have made it clear you resent anyone who actually worked for a living while going to college.

You have made it clear that only certain kinds of people are acceptable in political discussions.

Your whole image here is the entitled white aristocrat, shocked and dismayed by this site allowing commoners to have, much less post, their own opinions.

I can't recall a single post from you where you had to go through real hardship.

Hell, in your last you even bragged about being able to give away $140k.

Keep it up, you make my case for me with your every insult.
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

You have made it clear you resent anyone who actually worked for a living while going to college.

You have made it clear that only certain kinds of people are acceptable in political discussions.

Your whole image here is the entitled white aristocrat, shocked and dismayed by this site allowing commoners to have, much less post, their own opinions.

I can't recall a single post from you where you had to go through real hardship.

There is no 'case' to make here old fella .

Only mentioned the 140K in response to your blind fantasy of a 'trust'. But the gift got my sister out of a bad part of Garland, Texas ....so it was well spent .

Real hardship ...chuckle...like I need to 'prove' to a unless piece of dead weight what farming or construction is like .

Instead of whining....you should consider yourself lucky .

Many women tire of supporting their husbands for so many years.

Of well....funs over for now.

Got to unload a truck and begin the day .

Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Only mentioned the 140K in response to your blind fantasy of a 'trust'. But the gift got my sister out of a bad part of Garland, Texas ....so it was well spent .

Real hardship ...chuckle...like I need to 'prove' to a unless piece of dead weight what farming or construction is like .

Many women tire of supporting their husbands so many years.

As expected, Canada repeats more lies and insults, then scurries away.

I imagine Mumsie gets testy when he is away from her too long.

Just remember how Lumbergh ended up, Canada.
LIB,MR BEARS
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Many women tire of supporting their husbands so many years.

As expected, Canada repeats more lies and insults, then scurries away.

I imagine Mumsie gets testy when he is away from her too long.

Just remember how Lumbergh ended up, Canada.
Cobretti
4th and Inches
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
whiterock
4th and Inches said:

Anybody here still doubting it's gonna be Trump/DeSantis?
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

I just can't see DeSantis being 2nd chair. I can see this being Trump OR DeSantis depending on how things play out.
LIB,MR BEARS
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

I just can't see DeSantis being 2nd chair. I can see this being Trump OR DeSantis depending on how things play out.

Dems are afraid to run against Trump. They should be careful what they wish for. DeSantis may very well be a younger, wiser, less volatile version of Trump that would not provide them or MSM the number of targets and talking points as Trump
whiterock
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

why?
What makes you think DeSantis would approach this as "first chair or none"?

Here's the way his consultants are advising him:

Former POTUS is, historically, an almost impregnable position to hold in a POTUS primary. And this one is in a dominant position, over 50% support. That will climb by 10-20 points in coming weeks. So DeSantis has very long odds of winning a primary, and with that certainty of loss comes a certainty of getting bruised up. That's a dreadfully bad risk/return equation. Bad idea.

So DeSantis stands pat. Serves out a 4 year term as FL Gov. And then finds himself out of office with a 2-year wait for then next POTUS primary. No pulpit to make news. No fundraising base to work. Keep in mind, when a sitting governor runs for POTUS, his donor base is faced with this dilemma: he's either gonna be your gov. or your POTUS....can you afford NOT to donate to his POTUS run? If you do and he wins...you're good. If you do and he doesn't win, you still helped your governor and he owes you. If you don't....win or lose, you're out. So DeSantis faces a bad timeline. He will not have a declining fundraising base. But Youngkin will be halfway thru his 2nd term. Abbott his 3rd. Who else might flash well and catch eyes? Waiting is not without risk, and it puts you in a position of declining power while your competitors are cresting.

As you weigh all that......VP is, historically, one of the best positions to hold in a POTUS primary. And in this particular case, the man at the top of the ticket only has one term remaining. So you're not looking at an 8 yar wait, but a 4 year wait.

So you can run, and lose, which will finish your political career.
Or you can not run while you're hot and wait until you're warmed over and others are hot.
Or you can take the VP slot and coast into the nomination 4 years down the road.

Think it thru. He will take the VP slot if offered. VP keeps him at the top of his game all the way thru to 2028. Staying as FL gov does not.
Canada2017
whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

Not a chance in the world.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

why?

Former POTUS is, historically, an almost impregnable position to hold in a POTUS primary. And this one is in a dominant position, over 50% support. That will climb by 10-20 points in coming weeks. So DeSantis has very long odds of winning a primary, and with that certainty of loss comes a certainty of getting bruised up. That's a dreadfully bad risk/return equation. Bad idea.

So DeSantis stands pat. Serves out a 4 year term as FL Gov. And then finds himself out of office with a 2-year wait for then next POTUS primary. No pulpit to make news. No fundraising base to work. Keep in mind, when a sitting governor runs for POTUS, his donor base is faced with this dilemma: he's either gonna be your gov. or your POTUS....can you afford NOT to donate to his POTUS run? If you do and he wins...you're good. If you do and he doesn't win, you still helped your governor and he owes you. If you don't....win or lose, you're out. So DeSantis faces a bad timeline. He will not have a declining fundraising base. But Youngkin will be halfway thru his 2nd term. Abbott his 3rd. Who else might flash well and catch eyes? Waiting is not without risk, and it puts you in a position of declining power while your competitors are cresting.

As you weigh all that......VP is, historically, one of the best positions to hold in a POTUS primary. And in this particular case, the man at the top of the ticket only has one term remaining. So you're not looking at an 8 yar wait, but a 4 year wait.

Or you can not run while you're hot and wait until you're warmed over and others are hot.
Or you can take the VP slot and coast into the nomination 4 years down the road.

Think it thru. He will take the VP slot if offered. VP keeps him at the top of his game all the way thru to 2028. Staying as FL gov does not.
I have watched him as Gov and met him at some events. He is not the take the 2nd chair type. You may be right, but I think he would rather make headlines as Gov, than be Trump's #2.
whiterock
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

why?

I have watched him as Gov and met him at some events. He is not the take the 2nd chair type. You may be right, but I think he would rather make headlines as Gov, than be Trump's #2.
The construction is this: 2 yrs as Gov and 2 yrs as nothing.....vs 4 years as VP.

And those "2 years as nothing" can be very frustrating. Talk to Mike Pence.

A VP can easily make as many headlines as a Gov......
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

why?

The construction is this: 2 yrs as Gov and 2 yrs as nothing.....vs 4 years as VP.

Ok, that makes sense. Trump also screws up enough public relations wise that DeSantis will have amble opportunity to be the hero, see Pence! Love Trump's policies, but boy can he shoot himself in the foot. Not just little ones, but epic...
FLBear5630

New Plate in Florida.

Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

why?

Ok, that makes sense. Trump also screws up enough public relations wise that DeSantis will have amble opportunity to be the hero, see Pence! Love Trump's policies, but boy can he shoot himself in the foot. Not just little ones, but epic...
Yeah, Pence definitely gets a hero's welcome wherever he goes now. He and Liz Cheney should team up, they'd be unstoppable.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

why?

Yeah, Pence definitely gets a hero's welcome wherever he goes now. He and Liz Cheney should team up, they'd be unstoppable.
Maybe not Pence, but I fear that is Liz's next move. Either a President or VP, probably VP on Democratic ticket and sell it as putting politics aside to save the Nation. Just what we need, more of her.
william
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

Anybody her a dreadfully bad risk/return equation. Bad idea.nto the nomination 4 years down the road.

I have watched him as Gov and met him at some events. He is not the take the 2nd chair type. You may be right, but I think he would rather make headlines as Gov, than be Trump's #2........................screws up enough public relations wise that DeSantis will have amble opportunity to be the hero, see Pence! Love Trump's policies, but boy can he shoot himself in the foot. Not just little ones, but epic...

infinite jest.

- DFW BHJ

so no one liked the dale steele idear?

PA.

edit:

liz cheney is going no where. in a hurry.

she just doesn't realize it yet.

the legacy repubes are in denial.

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
curtpenn
whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

Would much prefer DeSantis/Trump. Or, DeSantis/Anyone-not-Trump really.
FLBear5630
curtpenn said:

whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

Would much prefer DeSantis/Trump. Or, DeSantis/Anyone-not-Trump really.
I am coming around to DeSantis/ ?. Only because I wanted him to stay Gov! Trump is poison, he will not be able to get anything done. The media and Dems will burn 4 years with stupid stuff. Time to move on.
Sam Lowry
william said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

Anybody her a dreadfully bad risk/return equation. Bad idea.nto the nomination 4 years down the road.

I have watched him as Gov and met him at some events. He is not the take the 2nd chair type. You may be right, but I think he would rather make headlines as Gov, than be Trump's #2........................screws up enough public relations wise that DeSantis will have amble opportunity to be the hero, see Pence! Love Trump's policies, but boy can he shoot himself in the foot. Not just little ones, but epic...

infinite jest.

- DFW BHJ

Pence/Cheney crowds are already going wild. Don't underestimate the power of sweet, sweet swag...

Of course the yeasty sores and sinal impactions can be a problem.

BID
whiterock
william said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

infinite jest.

- DFW BHJ

PA.

edit:

liz cheney is going no where. in a hurry.

she just doesn't realize it yet.

the legacy repubes are in denial.

Cheney and like (Sam, Oso, et al....) will ally to try to launch a 3rd party candidacy aimed at sucking off center-right support from Trump.

Look at Clinton's first & second elections to see the dynamic at play. Third party candidacies killed GOP. For all his gifts, Clinton never won the popular vote. Very good chance we see that happen in 2024, a sea of unpopular candidates, none of whom reach 50%.

It's a LOT easier to use the fraud machine to impact elections that way, too. You cannot cover a 6 point popular vote deficit (the current state of affairs) with mail-in ballots in swing states. The numbers required are to big to not become obvious, nationally, and you tend to have even larger margins to cover in swing states than the national polling averages. So you fill the field with bodies to lower the numbers for everyone, which mathematically tends to narrow the margins. If you can get it down to a 3-point race in swing states, you can easily cover the spread in big blue urban boxes. Kahaly at Trafalgar (most accurate pollster last three cycles) actually adjusts his final poll numbers 2-points blue to cover the anticipated fraud in swing states.

Cobretti
william
sounds like we have 2 good candidates (c78 and oldbear) for a Leg Wrasslin' Death Match - best of 3 wins.

Proceeds to Charity.

- KKM

D!
>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
BearFan33
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_X._Suarez

possible dark horse

Miami mayor

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.