Word on the street...

194,227 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
SATXBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoldMind said:

Bahamabear said:

Take AC/DC over Metallica any day
AC/DC is good, but Brian Johnson sounded like he had his nuts in a vise.

Bon Scott much better.
GoldMind
The Hound said:

GoldMind said:

kcarlson said:

The Hound said:

Which decade of music was the worst? I'd say the 70's, other than Elton John

I think we are currently in the worst decade for country music
FIFY

Somewhere in the early 2000's, country music switched from mostly love songs based in folk music, to what I call 'bro country'. Florida Georgia Line is a good example. Or really any country songs that emphasize blue jeans, cold beer, or trucks. That awful 'chicken fried' song comes to mind
The subject matter changed a lot no doubt. You cant get away songs like Seminole Wind nowdays. Its all about the aforementioned subjects along with destroying your boyfriends car if he cheats on you, or flatout killing him with gunpowder and lead.

True country was full of heartbreak and sorrow with some fun stuff mixed in.
nein51
http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/florida-georgia-lines-anything-goes-is-the-worst-album-in-the-history-of-country-music/

This is sooooo true

It's also a hell of a funny read
sicemkentucky
This thread is so 96 hours ago.
Scott_Lankford
sicemkentucky said:

That is so page 20
sicemkentucky
Scott_Lankford said:

sicemkentucky said:

That is so page 20
Well played.
nein51
Fun story. One of my high school guidance counselors was the aunt of Nate Mendel of Foo Fighters so when they came to London we got to meet the band, say June of 1996. Seriously cool dudes.

In Warren, Oh there is a "street" called Dave Grohl Alley. It was about 2 blocks from my location and I was there when they dedicated it.

That's my entire grunge story. Really was never a huge nirvana fan and only took a passing interest in Pearl Jam.
Gunny Hartman
Florda_mike said:

What was this thread about originally?

What, you haven't Hurd?
desertbear
kcarlson said:

GoldMind said:

kcarlson said:

The Hound said:

FIFY

That is 100% true.

Yes, but Cody Jinks.
GoldMind
desertbear said:

kcarlson said:

GoldMind said:

kcarlson said:

The Hound said:

FIFY

That is 100% true.

Yes, but Cody Jinks.
Theres a couple diamonds in the turd bowl, its true.
Clavin
While not "90s bands", both U2 and REM produced some of their best stuff in '92. U2 with Achtung Baby and REM with Automatic for the People. Both are treasures.

Bill Blazejowski
Clavine said:

While not "90s bands", both U2 and REM produced some of their best stuff in '92. U2 with Achtung Baby and REM with Automatic for the People. Both are treasures.

ButterflyFX
Florda_mike said:

What was this thread about originally?
Who knows...
NickOso
I was full-bore into grunge/alternative, and still love it. PJ, Soundgarden, and STP all day.

For some strange reason, despite loving it all...I can't STAND Smashing Pumpkins. I tried, bought Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, listened to it, trying like hell to like it because I just KNEW I was supposed to...couldn't do it. I could get by on Bullet with Butterfly Wings, but 1979 makes me want to rip my speakers out of the doors of my truck. Never have been able to shake it. Something about Billy's voice, I guess. Have that reaction to No Doubt as well, but that's born out of an ex-gf who loved them that busted me up pretty good.
GoldMind
nein51 said:

Fun story. One of my high school guidance counselors was the aunt of Nate Mendel of Foo Fighters so when they came to London we got to meet the band, say June of 1996. Seriously cool dudes.

In Warren, Oh there is a "street" called Dave Grohl Alley. It was about 2 blocks from my location and I was there when they dedicated it.

That's my entire grunge story. Really was never a huge nirvana fan and only took a passing interest in Pearl Jam.
Is there a Bone Thugs Street? Cause if theres not, someone needs to lose their job.
AceThedic
How have none of you mentioned Alice in Chains. I don't get it. It's a curious affliction.
GoldMind
NickOso said:

I was full-bore into grunge/alternative, and still love it. PJ, Soundgarden, and STP all day.

For some strange reason, despite loving it all...I can't STAND Smashing Pumpkins. I tried, bought Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, listened to it, trying like hell to like it because I just KNEW I was supposed to...couldn't do it. I could get by on Bullet with Butterfly Wings, but 1979 makes me want to rip my speakers out of the doors of my truck. Never have been able to shake it. Something about Billy's voice, I guess. Have that reaction to No Doubt as well, but that's born out of an ex-gf who loved them that busted me up pretty good.
Had you engraved her a bear head on her gold plated Draco, like she wanted, she might still be around.
Bahamabear
I don't really like them, but at my first wedding, I hung out and partied all day with Papa Roach, tho Jacoby is a recovering alcoholic that didn't partake.

I blacked out around 3...in the afternoon
nein51
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

Is there a Bone Thugs Street? Cause if theres not, someone needs to lose their job.

E99th and St Clair. Not the kind of place you put a memorial street.
NickOso
It is I, heart-breaker of commie-spreading-weapon lovers...
BearlyHeardFrom
No. That one sucked. Should have started with Gish and Siamese Dream.
GoldMind
nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

It would be a better place if they did.
nein51
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

I don't think so. But maybe I should recommend it.
Frisco5Bears
Trying to get post 900
GoldMind
nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

I looked at the area around that intersection on google earth, doesn't look that bad.
GoldMind
900 posts!!! 100 more to go!!!
graysongrundhoefer
Staff
GoldMind said:

desertbear said:

kcarlson said:

GoldMind said:

kcarlson said:

The Hound said:

FIFY

That is 100% true.

Yes, but Cody Jinks.

Chris Stapleton is the man though
nein51
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

I looked at the area around that intersection on google earth, doesn't look that bad.

It is. It's not a place you want to be after dark.
Scott_Lankford
Bill Blazejowski said:

Clavine said:

I'll see your Automatic and raise you a Fu King

GoldMind
graysongrundhoefer said:

GoldMind said:

desertbear said:

kcarlson said:

GoldMind said:

kcarlson said:

The Hound said:

FIFY

That is 100% true.

Yes, but Cody Jinks.

Chris Stapleton is the man though
Jim Beavers, who helped Chris write Parachute, is a Baylor grad.
Bahamabear
Animal House is lame and not funny
Hambone
Scott_Lankford said:

Bill Blazejowski said:

Clavine said:

I'll see your Automatic and raise you a Fu King

there are tons of these places in Vegas Chinatown. "Pho Kim Long" stands out

in fact, here is a list of 14 of the best names and Pho Kim Long from Vegas is on there! http://www.foodbeast.com/news/the-13-most-creative-pho-restaurant-names-from-around-the-country/
ChipOC
Bahamabear said:

Gunny Hartman
Bahamabear said:

U R extra dumb
sicemkentucky
Who was around for the implementation and quick demise of Party 2000?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.