Word on the street...

194,194 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
BaylorLit 01
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Wooldogg
nein51 said:

And educating people about arrested development
GoldMind
?
BaylorLit 01
kcarlson
GoldMind said:

Does the good news and a famous song by Arrested Development have anything in common?
When I read this initially the TV show Arrested Development popped in my head, and I was quite confused.
Pd254
my hopes are either a D.C. Talk reunion show or a better monster truck rally.
BaylorLit 01
I'm hoping SicEm has a new travel partner:

"United Airlines. Not enough seating, prepare for a beating."
ButterflyFX

I know we don't care anymore, but if you squint you can see Jalen Hurd. I think.
AceThedic
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Does the good news and a famous song by Arrested Development have anything in common?

Everyday People?
Did it peak at #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1992?
Mr. Wendel yeaaaaaaaahhhhhh
Bears Den
That's SPRING practice and not SING practice. Because nothing would get in the way of SING practice.
Media Bear

Quote:

I'm hearing that Baylor could possibly be getting some good news soon. If it happens, we should know within 24 hours.

Being that it's way past 24 hours since that opening post ...

BrooksBearLives
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Everyday People?

#8 in the US and #2 in the UK. Top 10 in about 5 other countries.

Sidebar: it's a stellar album. Like insanely good. They are wildily popular in Japan these days.
Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land
Make me forget all that hurts me
Let me understand your plan
That was the first music album I ever bought (I also bought Simon & Garfunkel's greatest hits, both on CD via a longbox).
GoldMind
BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Everyday People?

Sidebar: it's a stellar album. Like insanely good. They are wildily popular in Japan these days.
Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land
That was the first music album I ever bought (I also bought Simon & Garfunkel's greatest hits, both on CD via a longbox).

I'm not sure what the first CD I ever bought with my own money was. I think it was Under The Table And Dreaming.
Wooldogg
GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Everyday People?

Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land

I'm not sure what the first CD I ever bought with my own money was. I think it was Under The Table And Dreaming.
Not sure what the 1st CD I bought was, but there's a better than zero chance it was accompanied by 7 other CD's and cost a penny. Then I spent the next year 'returning to sender' 1 CD a month
BrooksBearLives
GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Everyday People?

Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land

Oh man. That was a good one. I actually bought that one after I was gifted Crash. I didn't grow out of that phase until after Everyday.
GoldMind
BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Everyday People?

Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land

Oh man. That was a good one. I actually bought that one after I was gifted Crash. I didn't grow out of that phase until after Everyday.
I know the 2nd album i bought was Master Of Puppets. Still bang thatn from time to time.
BrooksBearLives
GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Everyday People?

Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land

I know the 2nd album i bought was Master Of Puppets. Still bang thatn from time to time.
I don't know where, but Nebraska and the Batman Forever soundtracks were pretty high up on that list.

And I still listen to both. Often.
BrooksBearLives
And I ****ing DARE someone to come at me about the Batman Forever soundtrack. That **** was dope AF. Still is. Always will be.
GoldMind
BrooksBearLives said:

And I ****ing DARE someone to come at me about the Batman Forever soundtrack. That **** was dope AF. Still is. Always will be.
That was the one with Kiss From A Rose.
BrooksBearLives
GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

And Mazzy Star, and U2 (Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me) as well as Nick Cave. A great version of The Passenger...

The movie was trash, but Nicole Kidman played a significant part in my development as a young man.

GoldMind
BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

And Mazzy Star, and U2 (Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me) as well as Nick Cave. A great version of The Passenger...

The movie was trash, but Nicole Kidman played a significant part in my development as a young man.

Cool World had a hand in mine
BrooksBearLives
GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Brad Pitt was pretty hot back then.
GoldMind
BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Brad Pitt was pretty hot back then.
Jennifer Connelly too
Allhands36
Every time there's new comments on here I think it's an update...
GoldMind
Allhands36 said:

But instead it's beibs! Haha!
Ludwig von Missi
Allhands36 said:

If there is an update it will be in a new thread.
Allhands36
True
Frisco5Bears
Hey, at least this thread didn't go from talking about an outstanding coach to donuts
FourthTriplet
the streets have gone quiet
BrooksBearLives
Baylorbearfan99 said:

Hey, at least this thread didn't go from talking about an outstanding coach to donuts
You know, when you put it that way, it doesn't seem like all that much of a derailment.
BUBear03
Should we crank the IPA discussion back up?
nein51
GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Everyday People?

Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land

First tape was NWA Straight Outta Compton, I was a confused young black child (which is weird because I became a white adult, who knew). As a young rebellion that was AMAZING. It spawned a love of all things early hip-hop.
BaylorLit 01
Brian Ethridge
Staff
nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Everyday People?

Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land

First tape was NWA Straight Outta Compton, I was a confused young black child (which is weird because I became a white adult, who knew). As a young rebellion that was AMAZING. It spawned a love of all things early hip-hop.
First album - Christopher Cross, Ride Like the Wind still jams, don't @ me
First cassette - ZZ Top Eliminator, the car and bass got me
First CD - Jane's Addiction, Nothing Shocking, had the cassette, but just installed a CD player and transitioned
Bears8375
Josh Malin returned to practice today.

We got healthier! Celebrate!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.