Word on the street...

198,879 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
LadyBear91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone remember the 1992 film, Singles? Loved that movie. Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam (Eddie Vedder is in Matt Dillon's band in the film), Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Screaming Trees, Smashing Pumpkins, Lovemongers. The soundtrack is amazing. I wish the Pixies were in it, but you can't have it all.

I also liked Guns N' Roses. One of my friends had "Welcome to the Jungle" on her outgoing voice message. Every time I called her, "Welcome to the jungle, baby! You're gonna die!" Made me laugh, every time.
trey3216
graysongrundhoefer said:

GoldMind said:

desertbear said:

kcarlson said:

GoldMind said:

kcarlson said:

The Hound said:

Which decade of music was the worst? I'd say the 70's, other than Elton John

I think we are currently in the worst decade for country music
FIFY

That is 100% true.

Yes, but Cody Jinks.
Theres a couple diamonds in the turd bowl, its true.

Jamey Johnson is the man though
FIFY
trey3216
Whomever said the 70's was the worst ever, your post was bad and you should feel bad
Roy Rogers
Have you done your part to get to 1000?

"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
desertbear
trey3216 said:

graysongrundhoefer said:

GoldMind said:

desertbear said:

kcarlson said:

GoldMind said:

kcarlson said:

The Hound said:

Which decade of music was the worst? I'd say the 70's, other than Elton John

I think we are currently in the worst decade for country music
FIFY

That is 100% true.

Yes, but Cody Jinks.
Theres a couple diamonds in the turd bowl, its true.

Jamey Johnson is the man though
FIFY
Wish he would start recording and touring again. Love that guy. Right between Jennings and Jones.
GoldMind
Chris Knight and Cody Johnson put on a wild ass live show.
Baylor1233
So what's the word on the street?!?!?! Is that dead?
BDBear
I've posted twice, maybe, since signing up as soon as this site opened. I'll do my part to get to 1000!
Roy Rogers
Baylor1233 said:

So what's the word on the street?!?!?! Is that dead?
There's a lot of words on the street. We're just not sure what they are.
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
BDBear
And I see some music posts... going to see A Perfect Circle Saturday night, so I got that going for me
desertbear
BDBear said:

I've posted twice, maybe, since signing up as soon as this site opened. I'll do my part to get to 1000!
You have posted 15 times since signing up on this site.

#userprofiledontlie
GoldMind
BDBear said:

And I see some music posts... going to see A Perfect Circle Saturday night, so I got that going for me

Three Libras goes hard
BDBear
15! As much as I'm on this site I guess it just seems like fewer.
DaBear
#DoingMyPart:
All I really want this football season is Ish Wainright scoring the winning touchdown against Texas on the final play of the game. He then dunks the ball on the goalpost and everyone rushes the field with Ish at the center. Matt Rhule and Scott Drew stand on the sideline, both smirking and doing the "horns down" gesture. To add insult to injury, Tom Herman discovers during his post game inspection that all of his players were at championship hydration levels and were simply outplayed by a superior team.
BDBear
Goes hard indeed, as does Magdalena. Mer de Noms/ Thirteenth Step was my BU career soundtrack
ButterflyFX
SicEmFL said:

#DoingMyPart:
All I really want this football season is Ish Wainright scoring the winning touchdown against Texas on the final play of the game. He then dunks the ball on the goalpost and everyone rushes the field with Ish at the center. Matt Rhule and Scott Drew stand on the sideline, both smirking and doing the "horns down" gesture. To add insult to injury, Tom Herman discovers during his post game inspection that all of his players were at championship hydration levels and were simply outplayed by a superior team.
You win!!
Bearwhiz
LadyBear91 said:

Does anyone remember the 1992 film, Singles? Loved that movie. Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam (Eddie Vedder is in Matt Dillon's band in the film), Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Screaming Trees, Smashing Pumpkins, Lovemongers. The soundtrack is amazing. I wish the Pixies were in it, but you can't have it all.

I also liked Guns N' Roses. One of my friends had "Welcome to the Jungle" on her outgoing voice message. Every time I called her, "Welcome to the jungle, baby! You're gonna die!" Made me laugh, every time.
soundtrack kicked ass.
GoldMind
BDBear said:

Goes hard indeed, as does Magdalena. Mer de Noms/ Thirteenth Step was my BU career soundtrack

Met de Noms was my favorite.
BDBear
GoldMind said:

BDBear said:

Three Libras goes hard

Seeing the profile button for the first time... I see GoldMind has posted 6,666 times. Think you should post one more before calling it a night.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
LadyBear91 said:

Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard were also in Citizen Dick.

Soundtrack has two PJ B-sides and one from Smashing Pumpkins.

"A compliment for us is a compliment for you."

Not a Pixies fan, so...
Gunny Hartman
BDBear said:

Geezus H Christus bout damn time. We are all tired of pulling your weight
Gunny Hartman
LadyBear91 said:

Great 90s flick but it was no Swingers. Now that one is flat-out cinematic gold.
ButterflyFX

Total disrespect. #SicEm
Yahtzee!
Roy Rogers said:

Have you done your part to get to 1000?
Steely Dan
Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?
LadyBear91
Brian Ethridge said:

LadyBear91 said:

Not a Pixies fan, so...
Yep, so they were.

Not everyone likes the Pixies. I was listening to all of those bands at the time, including the Pixies, so it would have been all-encompassing for me.

My 13-year-old daughter just told me today that she loves so much of this music, especially Nirvana and Pearl Jam, and that many of her friends' parents don't share their music tastes. I can't imagine that.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
State Of Love And Trust and Breath are two of my favorites as well as Drown.

Paul Westerburg was a meh addition.

And I reference sensitive ponytail man quite often.

Also, "what if the super you meets the super her but you're not being you."
Gunny Hartman
Brian Ethridge said:

State Of Love And Trust and Breath are two of my favorites as well as Drown.

Paul Westerburg was a meh addition.

And I reference sensitive ponytail man quite often.

Also, "what if the super you meets the super her but you're not being you."

Alright so the flick gets an automatic deduct for being a romantic comedy (it's in the man rulebook) but overall it was pretty great and I agree that sensitive ponytail man was a timeless character
Gunny Hartman
Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

Well GMC is just a Chevy with frills and a commensurately higher price tag. Now if we were to have the Chevy versus Ford discussion well then everybody knows that Chevy would destroy that.

The term whiskey is so wide open anymore it's damn near impossible to define unless you're referring to a sour mash from Tennessee. Same issue with corn mash bourbon from Kentucky. But I'm personally not convinced that some of the best "whiskey" around doesn't come from a little distillery in Waco Texas.
deemus
And still others prefer "whisky."

AceThedic
BDBear said:

Yessss saw them in San Antonio some years ago, had second row seats and sound check access. It was an amazing show. It was the tour when James Iha was back but Josh Freese was playing with Devo and twiggy rejoined Manson so the drummer and bassist from Puscifer were filling in.

MJK told jokes throughout the sound check.
SATXBear
Gunny Hartman said:

Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

Well GMC is just a Chevy with frills and a commensurately higher price tag. Now if we were to have the Chevy versus Ford discussion well then everybody knows that Chevy would destroy that.

The term whiskey is so wide open anymore it's damn near impossible to define unless you're referring to a sour mash from Tennessee. Same issue with corn mash bourbon from Kentucky. But I'm personally not convinced that some of the best "whiskey" around doesn't come from a little distillery in Waco Texas.

A friend of mine who knows Whiskey says Waco's brew is competing with Irish whiskeys and is getting international awards now.
ButterflyFX
Pepsi and Honda
Am I disqualified?
BearlyHeardFrom
LadyBear91 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

LadyBear91 said:

Not a Pixies fan, so...
Yep, so they were.

Not everyone likes the Pixies. I was listening to all of those bands at the time, including the Pixies, so it would have been all-encompassing for me.

My 13-year-old daughter just told me today that she loves so much of this music, especially Nirvana and Pearl Jam, and that many of her friends' parents don't share their music tastes. I can't imagine that.

I still listen to the Pixies frequently. Saw them last time they came through town.
Florda_mike
Hope yall get to 1000 before this is moved to the music board

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.