Word on the street...

198,895 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
BaylorLit 01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I tried the Belgian Wit and the Pale Ale.. liked em both.
EZduzit
exr29070 said:

Here's the crumb. Or as I imagine GoldMind would like to call it... The crumbshot.

Beer and bread (awesome looking bread). This thread has it all.
AceThedic
NoLayUps21 said:

I got my first head basketball job today. If there are any Roscoe Plowboy/Baylor Bear combinations come find me in the fall.

Grats man!
GoldMind
exr29070 said:

Here's the crumb. Or as I imagine GoldMind would like to call it... The crumbshot.

Oooohhh you so nasty
BigfootBear
Is this thread still alive, just askin.
sswienton
GoldMind said:

I've never ridden on a jumbo jet. I always get stuck on a 777 or an a330. Where can I go to ensure I ride on a 747?
I can't believe I made it to the end of this thread without someone commenting on this. Although a 747 is the original "Jumbo Jet", the term Jumbo Jet != 747. You mentioned 2 jumbo jets in your question that you've already ridden.

KLM and Virgin Atlantic are two other airlines that fly 747's that I don't believe were mentioned in other answers...
sswienton
nein51 said:

Is Barney from How I Met Your Mother the best character on any show the last 20 years? I say yes.
That was very clever to say the last 20 years, as Al Bundy officially went off the air in '97. He and Barney would have been good Pals.

sswienton
Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Buncha fruity pantsed beer snobs. It's not like we're talking about something important like whisky.
Beer snobs are the worst.
Music snobs equally so :p

Which is worse:
A beer snob discussing music or a music snob drinking beer?
nein51
sswienton said:

GoldMind said:

I've never ridden on a jumbo jet. I always get stuck on a 777 or an a330. Where can I go to ensure I ride on a 747?
I can't believe I made it to the end of this thread without someone commenting on this. Although a 747 is the original "Jumbo Jet", the term Jumbo Jet != 747. You mentioned 2 jumbo jets in your question that you've already ridden.

KLM and Virgin Atlantic are two other airlines that fly 747's that I don't believe were mentioned in other answers...

KLM still flies 747s to St Maarten
nein51
sswienton said:

nein51 said:

Is Barney from How I Met Your Mother the best character on any show the last 20 years? I say yes.
That was very clever to say the last 20 years, as Al Bundy officially went off the air in '97. He and Barney would have been good Pals.

I picked a random number but married with children is way underrated. Great show
GoldMind
The mom does Leelas voice on Futurama. She went from one underrated show to another.
Ludwig von Missi
BaylorLit 01 said:

GoldMind said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

Good beer doesn't need to be almost freezing to drink.

I didn't see you at the tailgate
I was there - met Amy, Colt, Brian, dubbicans (too much energy for me to keep up with), Tiny Elvis and his cool dad, Settagast and his James Earl Jones voice, Crash Davis huddled around the tv watching softball of all things, and some others. Sorry I missed you.

Quite the socializing for my normally hermit self. Was a great time.
LOL. Couldn't find that baseball game but go lady Bears softball! Good meeting you.
cms186
GoldMind said:

The mom does Leelas voice on Futurama. She went from one underrated show to another.
she was also on Sons of Anarchy and 8 Simple Rules (which i loved until John Ritter sadly died)
Florda_mike
This thread is annoying and interesting at the same time
Roy Rogers
sswienton said:

GoldMind said:

This better not be the end of this thread.
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
Wooldogg
sswienton said:

Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Buncha fruity pantsed beer snobs. It's not like we're talking about something important like whisky.

Which is worse:

Often they're one and the same. With their MacBook Pros and their horn rimmed glasses... manicured and oiled lumberjack beard and ironic flannel...
GoldMind
Wooldogg said:

sswienton said:

Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Which is worse:

Often they're one and the same. With their MacBook Pros and their horn rimmed glasses... manicured and oiled lumberjack beard and ironic flannel...

You seem to have experience dealing with these people.
Gunny Hartman
Wooldogg said:

sswienton said:

Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Which is worse:

Baaaaahahahaha
Gunny Hartman
cms186 said:

GoldMind said:

she was also on Sons of Anarchy and 8 Simple Rules (which i loved until John Ritter sadly died)

She was awesome on Sons. Also, she's married to the show's creator.
DioNoZeus
Wooldogg said:

sswienton said:

Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Which is worse:

Post flagged for profiling. Some of us were into craft beer and music before the hipster d-bags were. Don't need the glasses (my vision is better than yours, just like my taste in beer and music), my beard is well trimmed sans oil and isn't housing any rodents, and I wear ironic t-shirts (proud father of an Aggie scholar), not flannel.
nein51
Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

GoldMind said:

She was awesome on Sons. Also, she's married to the show's creator.

Nico nicotera an actor from SOA and I went to high school together. I've never seen a single episode.

And her name is Katie segal
Ludwig von Missi
DioNoZeus said:

Wooldogg said:

sswienton said:

Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Which is worse:

Post flagged for profiling. Some of us were into craft beer and music before the hipster d-bags were. Don't need the glasses (my vision is better than yours, just like my taste in beer and music), my beard is well trimmed sans oil and isn't housing any rodents, and I wear ironic t-shirts (proud father of an Aggie scholar), not flannel.
I knew Wooldogg's post would strike a nerve with someone.
Wooldogg
DioNoZeus said:

Wooldogg said:

sswienton said:

Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Which is worse:

haha well played, NoZe. Maybe we can meet up and jam some early Wilco over some quadruple IPAs sometime.

Just for clarification's sake-
My eyesight's better than yours
I like Wilco
I like craft beer. Not IPA tho.
I like domestic light beer. Not Bud Light tho.
GoldMind
Is the beer at BJs actually good? I don't think I've ever tried it.
Ludwig von Missi
GoldMind said:

I like the ones I've tried. I'm a fan of the Brewhouse Blonde.
nein51
Hot take: I hate beer. Don't understand how anyone enjoys drinking it.

I'm game for tequila, learning to enjoy scotch...just don't get beer. It simply doesn't take good to me.
Ludwig von Missi
nein51 said:

I'm game for tequila, learning to enjoy scotch...just don't get beer. It simply doesn't take good to me.
Interesting.

I don't like scotch. I think there are a lot of people that pretend to like scotch that secretly hate it.
Dubbicans
I didn't like beer until all of a sudden I did.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
DioNoZeus
Wooldogg said:

DioNoZeus said:

Wooldogg said:

sswienton said:

Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Which is worse:

haha well played, NoZe. Maybe we can meet up and jam some early Wilco over some quadruple IPAs sometime.

I like Wilco

Wilco? Seriously? Uncle Tupelo and Son Volt are far superior.
GoldMind
Crash Davis said:

GoldMind said:

I like the ones I've tried. I'm a fan of the Brewhouse Blonde.

I heard the Tatonka stout was delish as well
nein51
Crash Davis said:

nein51 said:

Interesting.

I don't like scotch. I think there are a lot of people that pretend to like scotch that secretly hate it.

You could be right. I've had many different beers and never had one where I'm like "f yeah, this is all kinds of better than a coke".
Wooldogg
DioNoZeus said:

Wooldogg said:

DioNoZeus said:

Wooldogg said:

sswienton said:

Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Which is worse:

I like Wilco

Fan of all of them. Old 97's is my favorite by far tho.
DioNoZeus
Wooldogg said:

DioNoZeus said:

Wooldogg said:

DioNoZeus said:

Wooldogg said:

sswienton said:

Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Which is worse:

I like Wilco

Fan of all of them. Old 97's is my favorite by far tho.
Just messin' with you. You're right about the Old 97s, they're great, especially live
Ludwig von Missi
Dubbicans said:

I didn't like beer until all of a sudden I did.
Me too. But that transition happened when I was like 15 or 16.
Pd254
I don't ever like my first or second glass of scotch but the several after that taste excellent.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.