Word on the street...

198,887 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
Allhands36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which recruit has Amy provided the most updates for?
BaylorBears_254
Clearly you're all wrong. We're getting a commit from ICDC College...
ZoneHead
Mike Gundy is our new coach??? Wait..... what?
GoldMind
Genesis 19
griff65
Since Amy is so connected with high school recruits, particularly from the metroplex:

JACKSON GLEESON commits to Baylor!
Hob Howelll
GoldMind said:

Genesis 19

Sodom and Gomorrah being destroyed? I can only interpret this to mean that we have rehired Pepper Hamilton to do another thorough investigation
GoldMind
Exodus 22:18
Bearstop
My top 5 in no particular order:
Gundy
Fedora
Dykes
Fleck
Rodriguez

Though, I'm really pulling for Dykes!
rrochetti
Bearstop said:

My top 5 in no particular order:
Gundy
Fedora
Dykes
Fleck
Rodriguez

Though, I'm really pulling for Dykes!

No Dabo?
Bearstop
You're right I was proabbaly aiming too high with Dykes. I'll switch Him for Dabo.
Ccarlisi
Prefacing this by saying I'd be surprised if this is it, but Amy is pretty big on the Nana Osafo-Mensah news..
Bigkahunaww
Sodham and gomorha
And thou shalt not let a sorceress live

Brenda Tracy is gone ?
GoldMind
Bigkahunaww said:

Sodham and gomorha
And thou shalt not let a sorceress live

Brenda Tracy is gone ?

DioNoZeus
Colt B. said:

Just a brief update... Nothing has changed with the situation since it was posted yesterday. We are still keeping a close eye on it.

Also, for those making predictions, note the person who made the original post and it will help you eliminate stray thoughts.
So the university will be building an otter habitat next to the bear pit.
AceThedic
GoldMind said:

Matthew 19:14
I wouldn't let my kid anywhere near you.
GoldMind
exr29070 said:

GoldMind said:

Matthew 19:14
I wouldn't let my kid anywhere near you.
Why the **** not?
Ludwig von Missi
Colt B. said:

Just a brief update... Nothing has changed with the situation since it was posted yesterday. We are still keeping a close eye on it.

Also, for those making predictions, note the person who made the original post and it will help you eliminate stray thoughts.
This pretty much confirms the Long John Silver's prediction on page 1.
Ludwig von Missi
If you can't trust GoldMind with your kids, who can you trust?
BrooksBearLives
Joecool114 said:

Mrflash10 said:

Joecool114 said:

Cashion is being renovated again by people who aren't idiots? Because honestly that is my current dream right now as a student. I've got my money on Hurd though.
What's wrong with cashion? I haven't been in it this year
Running the risk of derailing this thread... They renovated it without consulting a single person in the departments that moved into it. No faculty input, no student input. Class rooms were built like bog standard classrooms, which are terrible for computer science. Instead of having about 6-8 different whiteboards in a room professors now have to use 1, which is covered up about 4/5ths of the way by the projector and screen. There are also a sum of 1 outlet in each classroom, if you're lucky. No way for students to charge their phones or laptops of anything from their desks. The 2-3 study spaces that there are in Cashion are basically social spaces for speech pathology girls most of the time. No place for computer science students to go study in peace or work on group projects because there are 0 group rooms in the building. The only private study rooms are for grad students only in the 2nd floor basement that I'm convinced still has asbestos. Never mind that the entire 4th floor of Cashion was never finished being renovated and is just empty right now. We now have 5 labs however 2 of those are for certain classes/ICPC only. 2 of the labs had no usable whiteboard until about a month or two ago. Also there is no sitting area to sit while waiting for professors outside their office. They refuse to put tables and chairs out in the hallways where students could sit and wait their turn for office hours. Oh and did I mention that we lost our student organization office that we had in Rogers that allowed us to do tutoring and provided storage for our events? The renovation of Cashion has been the biggest joke at Baylor. I wish we could go back to Rogers.

How do you know that there was "no input" from the faculty?
DaBear
10 five star recruits wearing new Nike BU uniforms commit to baylor while standing in a virtual representation of the new basketball arena. Beside them is an NCAA and Title 9 representative clearing the university of sanctions. As the recruits are putting on new Nike Baylor hats, Trevon Duval, wearing a Baylor uniform, throws down a dunk in the background with Bill Self, Shaka Smart, and Jamie Dixon crying on the baseline. Scott Drew stands at the top of the student section (which is now located in the first rows of one sideline) smirking down at the other coaches.
Bears Den
These types of threads are deja vu. A vague prediction about good news and expectations go through the roof. When it's finally released, the actual news is almost always a let down because of the skyrocketed expectations.

From my perspective, you should only post a teaser thread like this if you are prepared to deliver something to match expectations.

With where we are right now, I'm hoping this is about:

Hurd
Some other 4 star or higher commit
NCAA clearing
TB cleared
OTL retraction of the unfair stories they've posted of Baylor
AceThedic
Bears Den said:

These types of threads are deja vu. A vague prediction about good news and expectations go through the roof. When it's finally released, the actual news is almost always a let down because of the skyrocketed expectations.

From my perspective, you should only post a teaser thread like this if you are prepared to deliver something to match expectations.

With where we are right now, I'm hoping this is about:

Hurd
Some other 4 star or higher commit
NCAA clearing
TB cleared
OTL retraction of the unfair stories they've posted of Baylor
I bet you're fun at parties.
Bears8375
Bigkahunaww
Per Goldmines hints in his posts:

Amy is all about fashion:

We are getting new uniform contract and it won't be Nike.

Maybe ?

cms186
Amy Loves Otters, we are changing to become the Baylor Cuddly Otters as part of a PR campaign to become more loveable?
Roy Rogers
cms186 said:

Amy Loves Otters, we are changing to become the Baylor Cuddly Otters as part of a PR campaign to become more loveable?
Delete post, ban user.
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
RLG3
Now Amy didn't specify which Baylor she was referring to...this very well could be good news for THE University of Baylor
Baylor Gold
Why do some posts get so out of control and in the ditch?

It is a pain wading thru the crap to learn something of value.
GoldMind
Bigkahunaww said:

Per Goldmines hints in his posts:

Amy is all about fashion:

We are getting new uniform contract and it won't be Nike.

Maybe ?

No,

You should have concluded that Stevie Wonder is not actually blind, and that Rey is actually Palpatines granddaughter.
Ludwig von Missi
Baylor Gold said:

Have you tried the staff only option? That allows you to only see posts from the staff.
cms186
Baylor Gold said:

whenever something of note happens, you will likely get a text and the staff will start a new thread with the news, no need to be a grouch
Allhands36
Baylor Gold said:

There's a neat little feature at the top where you can select "staff only" if you don't want to see everyone else's posts
Edit: couple beat me to it
DioNoZeus
Baylor Gold said:

Ludwig von Missi
cms186 said:

Baylor Gold said:

whenever something of note happens, you will likely get a text and the staff will start a new thread with the news, no need to be a grouch
Joecool114
Because they routinely complain in the class about how there was no input given by the faculty. I'm also friends with a lot of them and they are a lot more candid when I'm talking with them. I remember there being a giant whiteboard up in Teal and Rogers taking suggestions for the new computer science building and not a single thing on that board was implemented. It's a joke.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.