Word on the street...

198,881 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
desertbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.R. said:

My Morning Jacket and the BC's....best of all time???? Have another bong rip fellas. They are both good, but would be lucky to make the top 100.

For a lax guy, you sure don't know much about rock and roll.
GoldMind
bgboyd said:

Brian Ethridge said:

GoldMind said:

Roy Rogers said:

GoldMind said:

I've never ridden on a jumbo jet. I always get stuck on a 777 or an a330. Where can I go to ensure I ride on a 747?
Asia

I rode to Hong Kong on a 777

Australia 777

London a330

Madrid a330

Can I just call the airline and ask them what's the next jumbo jet they got going out?

Or just ask atxtraveler.

British Airways flys a 747 out of DFW

And IAH
Tiny Elvis
If I had some remedy, I'd take enough to please me.
GoldMind
Matter of fact, IAH to TXL might be a 747
Gunny Hartman
desertbear said:

J.R. said:

My Morning Jacket and the BC's....best of all time???? Have another bong rip fellas. They are both good, but would be lucky to make the top 100.

For a lax guy, you sure don't know much about rock and roll.

dis right here
Shamgar
El Dorado, AR
Roy Rogers
How do those cars that back up by themselves work?
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
Steely Dan
Sausage or bacon?
Bearwhiz
bgboyd said:

Brian Ethridge said:

GoldMind said:

Roy Rogers said:

GoldMind said:

I've never ridden on a jumbo jet. I always get stuck on a 777 or an a330. Where can I go to ensure I ride on a 747?
Asia

I rode to Hong Kong on a 777

Australia 777

London a330

Madrid a330

Can I just call the airline and ask them what's the next jumbo jet they got going out?

Or just ask atxtraveler.

British Airways flys a 747 out of DFW

United had an absolute POS 747 that Ran between San Fran and Shanghai as of 6 months ago. So old that electricals on it that wouldn't work. Had my overhead light get stuck on for half my flight once. Not sure if it's still in service as I started going to Taiwan instead and that was a 787.
Roy Rogers
Steely Dan said:

Sausage or bacon?
Absolutely.
JasonPhillips
Shamgar said:

El Dorado, AR

Everyone from there talks about those spudnuts. I still have never had one.
Fat Daddy
Steely Dan said:

Sausage or bacon?

Depends, patty or link sausage ?
Gunny Hartman
Fat Daddy said:

Steely Dan said:

Sausage or bacon?

Depends, patty or link sausage ?

Andouille, chorizo, or patty all qualify as correct answers
SSadler
Late to this post now 19 pages +, but feel compelled by my Texas 'country' roots to affirm that . . .

. . . the answer is "Everything"

and the question is, "What does bacon "go with"?

"Bacon . . . providing unlimited career options for cardiologists and pork breeders throughout the great state of Texas."
AceThedic
Roy Rogers said:

How do those cars that back up by themselves work?

My dad's Chevy ss parallel parks itself and somehow some sensors and algorithms do a better job than my wife.
EZduzit
SSadler said:

Late to this post now 19 pages +, but feel compelled by my Texas 'country' roots to affirm that . . .

. . . the answer is "Everything"

and the question is, "What does bacon "go with"?

"Bacon . . . providing unlimited career options for cardiologists and pork breeders throughout the great state of Texas."

Question for cardiologists and others who have knowledge, which is worse for your heart health, the biscuit or the bacon?
A Grateful Bear
Thought I heard recently that AMA or some other medical body is now saying there is no evidence that cholesterol contributes to blocked arteries.
AceThedic
Both, but more the pancake than the biscuit. High cholesterol levels are linked to heart disease. High fat diets from excessive meat intake and high sugar diets both can cause conditions that substantially increase your risk for heart disease by raising blood cholesterol levels, like diabetes, hypertension, and obesity.
Jam_Holl
This thread:
GoldMind
exr29070 said:

Both, but more the pancake than the biscuit. High cholesterol levels are linked to heart disease. High fat diets from excessive meat intake and high sugar diets both can cause conditions that substantially increase your risk for heart disease by raising blood cholesterol levels, like diabetes, hypertension, and obesity.
Im note sure that entirely true. Sugar and wheat products do more damage than beef and chicken.

People with a sedentary lifestyle dont require the same kind of diet as an athlete would. For example, someone who goes to the gym everyday and lifts would need more protein than someone who just bikes or jogs. People who do not exercise would need to be especially careful with their diet.
AceThedic
You're right. Precisely why I qualified with high fat diets. Athletes mostly eat lean protein. Fat is the most calorie dense macro nutrient and the easiest way to add empty calories to your diet. The meat itself doesn't hurt. Excess calories do.
Ludwig von Missi
This is probably the lamest page on this entire thread.
GoldMind
exr29070 said:

You're right. Precisely why I qualified with high fat diets. Athletes mostly eat lean protein. Fat is the most calorie dense macro nutrient and the easiest way to add empty calories to your diet. The meat itself doesn't hurt. Excess calories do.
Right, but if you do any kind of steady state cardio AND lift, youd be using the excess calories anyway.

My point is that if you lift and run, a higher fat diet will not effect you the same as someone who plays warcraft.
Dubbicans
exr29070 said:

Depends on the type of fat too.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
GoldMind
Crash Davis said:

Well then make it unlame.
Ludwig von Missi
GoldMind said:

Crash Davis said:

That is your job...and exr29070. I'm a lame thread monitor, I just alert y'all when the thread is lame. I'm not the guy that should be in charge of fixing it.
GoldMind
Who makes the prettier motorcycle, Harley Davidson or Indian?

I always thoughts Indian motorcycles were beautiful, gorgeous pieces of automotive artwork.

Harley is kind of like Ford, an American icon no doubt, but questionable in some areas.
Roy Rogers
GoldMind said:

I always thoughts Indian motorcycles were beautiful, gorgeous pieces of automotive artwork.

Harley is kind of like Ford, an American icon no doubt, but questionable in some areas.
What about a Cushman Eagle?
GoldMind
Roy Rogers said:

GoldMind said:

What about a Cushman Eagle?
Seat is kinda unfriendly, but good mileage.
AceThedic
We're trying to over simplify something that's not simple.
AceThedic
Crash Davis said:

GoldMind said:

Crash Davis said:

That is your job...and exr29070. I'm a lame thread monitor, I just alert y'all when the thread is lame. I'm not the guy that should be in charge of fixing it.

I can't work under this kind of pressure.
AceThedic
GoldMind said:

No Triumph love? Nothing sounds like a Harley, though.
GoldMind
exr29070 said:

GoldMind said:

Arent Triumphs made in England?
Steely Dan
I'm going wth a Vespar. Chick magnet.
Gunny Hartman
exr29070 said:

GoldMind said:

Harley has a patent on the sound the pipes make. Nothin like it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.