Word on the street...

194,220 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
sicemkentucky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The answer is Tyler Toney from Dude Perfect and it's not even close.
BaylorLit 01
Jam_Holl said:

whiterock said:

BayNavFreak said:

President news perhaps?
Don't know if that's what she was talking about, but I understand we've made a selection, to be announced in a couple of weeks.

This person would have been my first phone call, and is one check-mark short of perfect. Not a name often heard, but think everyone should be pleased.

We just got some actual news in this thread
shhhh... don't ruin the thread.
CTbruin
whiterock said:

BayNavFreak said:

President news perhaps?
Don't know if that's what she was talking about, but I understand we've made a selection, to be announced in a couple of weeks.

This person would have been my first phone call, and is one check-mark short of perfect. Not a name often heard, but think everyone should be pleased.
....and I have heard the same. From a very good source.

Announcement before the end of the month I hear.
BaylorLit 01
CTbruin said:

I heard within 24 hours..
GoldMind
BaylorLit 01 said:

CTbruin said:

I heard within 24 hours..
Roy Rogers
So if a president has been selected, several questions beg to be answered.

Does that mean that most (all?) of the bad stuff has been cleaned up?

Will he/she make substantial admin. changes?

Does this person have an extensive vinyl collection?

Is a cookie cake required?
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
El Mariachi
whiterock said:

BayNavFreak said:

President news perhaps?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of El Mariachi and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with El Mariachi unless explicitly stated. El Mariachi does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
interlocking
BaylorLit 01 said:

Jam_Holl said:

whiterock said:

BayNavFreak said:

President news perhaps?

Y'all this is just the best thread. Potential news, followed by frustration devolving into apathy and insanity, with the sudden whiplash of potential news once again. What a rollercoaster!
Roy Rogers
BayNavFreak said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

Jam_Holl said:

whiterock said:

BayNavFreak said:

President news perhaps?

Y'all this is just the best thread. Potential news, followed by frustration devolving into apathy and insanity, with the sudden whiplash of potential news once again. What a rollercoaster!
I think this thread should be permanently pinned for any manner of dicussion.FOREVER.
ButterflyFX
Roy Rogers said:

So if a president has been selected, several questions beg to be answered.

Does that mean that most (all?) of the bad stuff has been cleaned up?

Will he/she make substantial admin. changes?

Does this person have an extensive vinyl collection?

Is a cookie cake required?
What about donuts? The passion on this thread shows this information is critical.
ButterflyFX
BaylorLit 01 said:

Jam_Holl said:

whiterock said:

BayNavFreak said:

President news perhaps?

Ha!!
I was so surprised when I saw this thread was still alive and well.
Well done. May she live long and prosper.
desertbear
Roy Rogers said:

BayNavFreak said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

Jam_Holl said:

whiterock said:

BayNavFreak said:

President news perhaps?

I think this thread should be permanently pinned for any manner of dicussion.FOREVER.
Yeah, we need an "All Time Great Thread" board where we can save the awesome threads for future enjoyment.

Make it happen, mods. Cookie cake thread and this one are a good start.
BUwolverine2012
Hypothetical question for Whiterock: if you were in charge of hiring Baylor's next prez, who would you call first?
903Bear
Not Whiterock, but I know who I'd call first...

AceThedic
I went to Shipleys last night and all my donuts were stale within an hour. It's like Shipleys has its own atmosphere that all the donuts can sit out and be perfectly fresh and then you take them home and they get hard.
GoldMind
exr29070 said:

I went to Shipleys last night and all my donuts were stale within an hour. It's like Shipleys has its own atmosphere that all the donuts can sit out and be perfectly fresh and then you take them home and they get hard.

The ones at Best Donuts in Huffman don't do that.
Tiny Elvis
Used to love Jack n Jill Donuts in Waco years ago. How do they compare to Shipley's?
ButterflyFX
exr29070 said:

Tip: Microwave 15 seconds. Refreshed.
A Grateful Bear
exr29070 said:

At night? Try at 5am next time.
CTbruin
Tiny Elvis said:

Used to love Jack n Jill Donuts in Waco years ago. How do they compare to Shipley's?
Great variance in quality of Shipley's by location. The Woodway location is the best. Some are awful.

Shipley's can be better than Jack and Jill....sometimes.
GoldMind
I've never ridden on a jumbo jet. I always get stuck on a 777 or an a330. Where can I go to ensure I ride on a 747?
Roy Rogers
GoldMind said:

I've never ridden on a jumbo jet. I always get stuck on a 777 or an a330. Where can I go to ensure I ride on a 747?
Asia
GoldMind
Roy Rogers said:

GoldMind said:

Asia

I rode to Hong Kong on a 777

Australia 777

London a330

Madrid a330

Can I just call the airline and ask them what's the next jumbo jet they got going out?
Roy Rogers
GoldMind said:

Roy Rogers said:

GoldMind said:

Asia

Australia 777

London a330

Madrid a330

Can I just call the airline and ask them what's the next jumbo jet they got going out?
Do that and you may end up on some TSA watch list.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
GoldMind said:

Roy Rogers said:

GoldMind said:

Asia

Australia 777

London a330

Madrid a330

Or just ask atxtraveler.
AceThedic
A Grateful Bear said:

exr29070 said:

They're made all day it's a 24 hour Shipley's.
nein51
Most 747 Jumbos do deliveries now days. Replaced by 777 and a300.

Go work for FedEx or Calitta they have a fleet of 747 heavys
GoldMind
nein51 said:

Yea...I'm just gonna call British airways and ask.
SATXBear
exr29070 said:

A Grateful Bear said:

exr29070 said:

Never heard of a 24 hour store. I never buy any brand of donuts after 10:00. At least with Shipley's, the glazed donuts have to be fresh and eaten within 30" to an hour or else they are average.
AceThedic
SATXBear said:

exr29070 said:

A Grateful Bear said:

exr29070 said:

Never heard of a 24 hour store. I never buy any brand of donuts after 10:00. At least with Shipley's, the glazed donuts have to be fresh and eaten within 30" to an hour or else they are average.
RGV is the former diabetes and obesity capital of the world for a reason.
nein51
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

As of 2015 there were something like 150 of them left in passenger service and a good deal were scheduled to be retired. The last one was built in 2005. BA and Korean Air have the largest fleets of them for passengers.

BA claims they have 36 left in service at the moment.
GoldMind
nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

As of 2015 there were something like 150 of them left in passenger service and a good deal were scheduled to be retired. The last one was built in 2005. BA and Korean Air have the largest fleets of them for passengers.

I better get on with it then.
Hambone
Roy Rogers said:

The wife and I were on a road trip through Indiana a few years ago and realized since we were fairly close to French Lick, we'd make a slight detour and check out Larry Bird's hometown. Had to be some kind of big time memorial or something there. At least a sign saying "Hometown of The Greatest Baller of All Time" or some such.

Got there and drove around and not one mention in that entire town of arguably the greatest basketball player to come out of Indiana. Not one mention.

On the way out of town, I told my wife that I needed to know what the deal was. Stopped at a convenience store and was told by a lady that Larry wasn't held in high esteem in his hometown. Seems he came back with some big money Indianapolis developers and tried to sell off the town to these guys. The town folk didn't go for it and it created a wedge between him and his hometown. Interesting story.

But he could fill it up.
not drinkers, eh? you should have hit up 33 Brick Street

his house doesn't even have the basketball hoop anymore... sad
Dubbicans
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

I better get on with it then.

First and only time I flew on a 747 was on Atlas Airlines from Cherry Point NC to Romania. Fun aircraft.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
Gunny Hartman
LateSteak69 said:

My Morning Jacket is the best band of all time.
Please lock the thread.

Incorrect. Everyone knows the greatest band of all time is the Black Crowes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.