Football
Sponsored by

Bring Back Briles

39,594 Views | 400 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by ImABearToo
Cove Dawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jikespingleton said:

Cove Dawg said:

jikespingleton said:

Married A Horn said:

Eball said:

What about other sexual assaults non-athletes who gets fired for bringing them to campus?

They didnt contribute to beating ut on the football field...so double standard away.
This is one of those ignorant takes that makes it's way back to the surface once in a while.

Beating ut and ou has nothing to do with the end result of the Briles era.

It was the lack of accountability within the administration as a whole, as well as that of Briles when he ran this program.

Oh, really? Where did the entire fake narrative originate? Who were the sources?

If you actually do some real research and answer these questions you will have your answer.
Yes, really.

Are you seriously unaware of the litany of problems that occurred during the Briles era?

Answer the damn question? Your not answering just solidifies the fact that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Cove Dawg
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Here's what I don't understand: most of the outrage against Briles was from liberals/democrats if we're being honest. But if Briles was a devil because he let "bad dudes" in the team and it led to harm of the student body, why do these same liberals, then, year after year support democrat politicians who release known violent criminals back into the public over and over again, only to see them repeat their violence against citizens? Or democrat politicians who "look the other way" at an open border, or even outright support an open border policy which has brought in violent criminals that have victimized our citizens, even involving the trafficking, assault, and rape of women? Why aren't these politicians, judges, DA's, etc. being made into pariahs and forced out of their jobs without any hope of getting another job in public office again, just like they did with Art? It's pure hypocrisy.

Mic dropped!!!
ImABearToo
100%
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
FLBear5630
Married A Horn said:

All these premium members crossing over to tell us what we need. Thanks guys. What would we do without yall?

This group is making too much noise. Time for party line.

First, they will tell you how things really are.

Second, they will question your sources when you disagree.

Third, they will start attacking your credibility as some who doesn't "know"

Fourth, they will take the thread in another direction, picking some side issues to pursue that has little to do with what you said. Or some little mistake.

Fifth, they will gang up and try to make fun of you to embarrass you. Calling names, etc...

Same game plan, every time. Maybe order changes, but the same method to short circuit your original point. Was nice when they weren't on the free board.
jikespingleton
Cove Dawg said:

jikespingleton said:

Cove Dawg said:

jikespingleton said:

Married A Horn said:

Eball said:

What about other sexual assaults non-athletes who gets fired for bringing them to campus?

They didnt contribute to beating ut on the football field...so double standard away.
This is one of those ignorant takes that makes it's way back to the surface once in a while.

It was the lack of accountability within the administration as a whole, as well as that of Briles when he ran this program.

Answer the damn question?
Married a horn needs to do that.

I've asked married a horn at least 3 times to explain to us all how briles beating ut led to his termination at baylor. "They didnt contribute to beating ut on the football field"

I'm still waiting for something that isn't vague, wish-wash BS.

Ghostrider
jikespingleton said:

Cove Dawg said:

jikespingleton said:

Cove Dawg said:

jikespingleton said:

Married A Horn said:

Eball said:

Answer the damn question?
Married a horn needs to do that.

I've asked married a horn at least 3 times to explain to us all how briles beating ut led to his termination at baylor. "They didnt contribute to beating ut on the football field"

I'm still waiting for something that isn't vague, wish-wash BS.

they coordinated many of the media attacks.
Married A Horn
Ive told him that. He doesnt accept it.

Edit: except on a different thread he says its about perception - but he cant figure out who is driving that perception.
Kingdom Bear
Married A Horn said:

Ive told him that. He doesnt accept it.

Edit: except on a different thread he says its about perception - but he cant figure out who is driving that perception.

That's cuz he's a dumbass who believes what he's told. Probably vaxxed, boosted and can't wait for the digital ID.
bear2be2
montypython said:

Ghostrider said:

montypython said:

Married A Horn said:

BUAL said:

Right, get a coach back who only cares about offense, could not organize a defense, could not get any defender to turn his head to look for the ball, blew a big lead in the Cotton Bowl, did an awful job prepping guys for the NFL and ignored a scandal that involved sexual assault. That definitely seems like the right call.

My bad. You're right. 1-11 or 2-10 are so much better. What were we thinking?
If the only choices are between going 2-10, or winning more games but having our schools name tainted for decades - I'm going with 2-10.

i am hearing more negative things about Baylor right now than i ever heard during the bor mess up in 2016
Post less.
Yeah, there's no way in hell this is true.
Ghostrider
bear2be2 said:

montypython said:

Ghostrider said:

montypython said:

Married A Horn said:

BUAL said:

Right, get a coach back who only cares about offense, could not organize a defense, could not get any defender to turn his head to look for the ball, blew a big lead in the Cotton Bowl, did an awful job prepping guys for the NFL and ignored a scandal that involved sexual assault. That definitely seems like the right call.

My bad. You're right. 1-11 or 2-10 are so much better. What were we thinking?
If the only choices are between going 2-10, or winning more games but having our schools name tainted for decades - I'm going with 2-10.

i am hearing more negative things about Baylor right now than i ever heard during the bor mess up in 2016
Post less.
Yeah, there's no way in hell this is true.
it's true
Married A Horn
Married A Horn said:

Everything should be in place for those worried about past issues. His product on the field was the best and most entertaining ever. Enough with this losing crap!

Ttt
Harrison Bergeron
The Briles hit job was a direct result of repeatedly ass raping the snowflakes in Austin. Literally the stupidest fake news story in college football history.
Realitybites
I wish he could come back.

It's not just that we are losing now.

We stood by and let a good man get railroaded by a professional victim, an opposition media, and an envious conference foe.

"And your children shall be shepherds in the wilderness forty years and shall suffer for your faithlessness, until the last of your dead bodies lies in the wilderness."
DAC
Harrison Bergeron said:

The Briles hit job was a direct result of repeatedly ass raping the snowflakes in Austin. Literally the stupidest fake news story in college football history.

100%
DAC
Realitybites said:

I wish he could come back.

It's not just that we are losing now.

We stood by and let a good man get railroaded by a professional victim, an opposition media, and an envious conference foe.

"And your children shall be shepherds in the wilderness forty years and shall suffer for your faithlessness, until the last of your dead bodies lies in the wilderness."

Exactly and that's even worse than the football aspect of it all
morethanhecouldbear
Realitybites said:

Let me know when you find jimmy hoffa

While you are at it - let us know who killed JFK.
Bearfan1998
If he was younger definitely I miss him a lot. He was the freaking scapegoat for the university
ImABearToo
100% spot on. Orchestrated effort by FW Star, Tx Monthly, Austin un-American Statesman and of course ESPN-LHN. All because Art told em to pound sand when offered the ut job.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Rg6
https://www.hollywoodsworldofsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/bbb.jpg

Can we do a blackout with these shirts?
ScottS
ImABearToo said:

100% spot on. Orchestrated effort by FW Star, Tx Monthly, Austin un-American Statesman and of course ESPN-LHN. All because Art told em to pound sand when offered the ut job.

And our BOI took the bait
ABC BEAR
The most Christian thing Baylor can do at this point is to welcome Art back into our community of forgiven sinners.

Next on the list: Implore Kim Mulkey to return to Waco as our Athletic Director.
oldbear69
Fre3dombear said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Get Ed Young to grant absolution to Art Briles and get him back at Baylor.

Ed young. Lol. Hadn't heard that name in so
Long

Don't know him personally but love his preaching .. tape him every Sunday … I know this is a stretch but for me , he's closest to Billy than anyone ,,, love his Carolina drawl… great story teller…
oldbear69
Ghostrider said:

We are a Christian school and people love to see a Christian fail.

Shouldn't we believe in redemption then??
oldbear69
cms186 said:

ScottS said:

cms186 said:

FLBear5630 said:

cms186 said:

Seriously disgusting that after everything we, as a fanbase, have been through because of Briles, some people would still welcome him back with open arms because they think it might win us a few more games of Football

Briles didnt care about what his players were doing, he had a duty of care that he just completely disregarded, but lets set aside his repugnant morals and his lip service to Christianity (some of you have done that anyway) and look at it from a purely Football point of view:

His Offence might have been cutting edge at the time, but Football has moved on and lets not forget, whilst his brand of Football was certainly exciting, in arguably the 2 biggest games of his tenure (the Cotton Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl) Briles chunked it through bad preparation and game management. Briles has been out of College Football for nearly 10 years and will be severely out of touch with the game, many coaching staff he might want to hire wont want to work with him and many players he might want to recruit wont want to come play for him because of his richly deserved reputation of being a morally bankrupt *******.

So yeah, stfu about Briles coming back here because even the most ardent Briles fanboi knows with 100% certainty that it will NEVER, EVER happen and nor should it. Utterly disgusted that fans of a supposedly Christian school would even contemplate wanting someone as morally bankrupt as him ever associated with the University again.

What exactly is truth and what is scapegoat? I need someone that was here to fill me in. From the outside it looked like it was an institutional issue, not just football. I really do not have a good enough grasp to pass judgement.
it was institutional, Baylor as a University was rotten, Briles was just a part of that, he wasnt the sole architect of it, it wasnt just the Football team, but the Football team and Briles were a significant part of it.

There was 1 conviction. That's it. And the person with the conviction wasn't named Briles. You like you act like Briles raped 100 women.
a contributing reason why there were so few convictions (though there were 2) is because Briles and his staff tried to cover things up

Any woman who thinks she was sexually assaulted, has the freedom to file a report with campus police , local police, or even sheriffs office or all 3 ,,,, are u sayin art paid these women off ? Any woman who says she was raped but fails to report it, in some cases 10 years later has a credibility issue ,, sorry but I don't take these accusations as the truth until u get both sides of the story ,,, too many young mens lives have been ruined by false accusations of forcible rape , when in many cases it's consensual or what I call Monday morning remorse … I was a virgin , I couldn't have had sex,,, always remember the Duke lacrosse team ,,, these false accusations have become a cottage industry for some …
Married A Horn
oldbear69 said:

cms186 said:

ScottS said:

cms186 said:

FLBear5630 said:

cms186 said:

Seriously disgusting that after everything we, as a fanbase, have been through because of Briles, some people would still welcome him back with open arms because they think it might win us a few more games of Football

Briles didnt care about what his players were doing, he had a duty of care that he just completely disregarded, but lets set aside his repugnant morals and his lip service to Christianity (some of you have done that anyway) and look at it from a purely Football point of view:

His Offence might have been cutting edge at the time, but Football has moved on and lets not forget, whilst his brand of Football was certainly exciting, in arguably the 2 biggest games of his tenure (the Cotton Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl) Briles chunked it through bad preparation and game management. Briles has been out of College Football for nearly 10 years and will be severely out of touch with the game, many coaching staff he might want to hire wont want to work with him and many players he might want to recruit wont want to come play for him because of his richly deserved reputation of being a morally bankrupt *******.

So yeah, stfu about Briles coming back here because even the most ardent Briles fanboi knows with 100% certainty that it will NEVER, EVER happen and nor should it. Utterly disgusted that fans of a supposedly Christian school would even contemplate wanting someone as morally bankrupt as him ever associated with the University again.

What exactly is truth and what is scapegoat? I need someone that was here to fill me in. From the outside it looked like it was an institutional issue, not just football. I really do not have a good enough grasp to pass judgement.
it was institutional, Baylor as a University was rotten, Briles was just a part of that, he wasnt the sole architect of it, it wasnt just the Football team, but the Football team and Briles were a significant part of it.

There was 1 conviction. That's it. And the person with the conviction wasn't named Briles. You like you act like Briles raped 100 women.
a contributing reason why there were so few convictions (though there were 2) is because Briles and his staff tried to cover things up

Any woman who thinks she was sexually assaulted, has the freedom to file a report with campus police , local police, or even sheriffs office or all 3 ,,,, are u sayin art paid these women off ? Any woman who says she was raped but fails to report it, in some cases 10 years later has a credibility issue ,, sorry but I don't take these accusations as the truth until u get both sides of the story ,,, too many young mens lives have been ruined by false accusations of forcible rape , when in many cases it's consensual or what I call Monday morning remorse … I was a virgin , I couldn't have had sex,,, always remember the Duke lacrosse team ,,, these false accusations have become a cottage industry for some …

Im with you. I know a couple back in the day at school that were having sex every other day. Like 100 times. When it finally came out they had had sex - she turned on him and accused him of rape. After about a month, everyone finally realized that wasnt the case, but the damage had been done. One guy came up to me after college and said he hated that guy from then on, but eventually was told by the girl she had made it up to get out of trouble...he was going to go apoligize. So yeah. Horrible if it happens, but I'm real slow to convict on just the girl's word. Probably happens a ton. Feel so sorry for the guys who get accused falsely. It should be a crime with a similar punishment if completely made up - it'll ruin a guy's life. Total BS. But its not cool to stick up for guys in this society...we must hate them from the accusation or we're rape enablers ourselves.
historian
Russell Brand says hello.

(I don't know if there is any truth to the accusations but he claims they are bogus and retribution for his public statements. It looks like more of the same.)
Ghostrider
oldbear69 said:

Fre3dombear said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Long

Don't know him personally but love his preaching .. tape him every Sunday … I know this is a stretch but for me , he's closest to Billy than anyone ,,, love his Carolina drawl… great story teller…
same. Amazing preacher.
DAC
oldbear69 said:

Fre3dombear said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Long

Same here, he is one of my favorites
Married A Horn
In light of recent, long overdue, testimony, It's time to make this happen!

Bring Back Briles!
Krieg
Married A Horn said:

Bring Back Briles!

What's sad is there's a 100% chance if you brought him in today that we'd be better on offense tomorrow.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Krieg said:

Married A Horn said:

Bring Back Briles!

What's sad is there's a 100% chance if you brought him in today that we'd be better on offense tomorrow.

Haven't you heard, according to the brain trust you can't change anything on offense mid season. You get what you had, can only improve execution, nothing new will work.
/s
ScottS
Bring back Briles!!
Married A Horn
10/28 - Stadium wide chant:

"Bring Back Briles!"

Make it happen.
RightRevBear
I don't think Briles coming back is an option, even though I believe he was scapegoated. I think we should chant Apologize to Briles or The Regents Lied.
Married A Horn
RightRevBear said:

I don't think Briles coming back is an option, even though I believe he was scapegoated. I think we should chant Apologize to Briles or The Regents Lied.

Im not doing it to actually bring him back - he'll never come. I'm saying do it to send a message.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.