Football
Sponsored by

Rhule interviews with the Colts

64,028 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LIB,MR BEARS
Aberzombie1892
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stefano DiMera said:

this is a dumb thread. Any NFL job is better than 95% of college jobs. They reached out to him for Christ's sake. of course he's listen.
This. And Baylor is not a destination job no matter how nice the facilities are or how much it pays its staff.
Bear8084
Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

this is a dumb thread. Any NFL job is better than 95% of college jobs. They reached out to him for Christ's sake. of course he's listen.
This. And Baylor is not a destination job no matter how nice the facilities are or how much it pays its staff.

We learned all of that and predict what future coaches wilk do from one rumored phone call to one coach? Huh, Ok.
boognish_bear
Jacques Strap said:

If we manage to land a good coach who wins for a couple of years then he is always looking and then one day they're gone to a better job. If we hire a lousy coach then they get fired and we battle KU for last place.

Where was the winning part with this one?
baylorfan59
The fact that Matt interviewed after just 1 year means he has no plans on being loyal to Baylor...Even if he doesn't get the job....next year 2 or 3 interviews?...
And all the kids he recruited......they are all throwing their arms up in the air saying ***?
looking for kids to run for the exits after this stunt....
BealBear
Jacques Strap said:

Well what have we learned here friends? We've learned that our job is like the Houston job or the UCF job. If we manage to land a good coach who wins for a couple of years then he is always looking and then one day they're gone to a better job. If we hire a lousy coach then they get fired and we battle KU for last place. Accept and enjoy the process.

Excellent summary
Aberzombie1892
Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

We learned all of that and predict what future coaches wilk do from one rumored phone call to one coach? Huh, Ok.
Let's rephrase to make it more clear, although that should not be necessary. Baylor was -never- a destination job.
Bear8084
Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Let's rephrase to make it more clear, although that should not be necessary. Baylor was -never- a destination job.

All that and still predicting the future from ONE coach taking a phone call? Wow, the defeatists and Beaten Baylor Syndrome posters are out in force today. I thought the screams and gnashing of teeth was bad last night.
SicThe12
Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

All that and still predicting the future from ONE coach taking a phone call? Wow, the defeatists and Beaten Baylor Syndrome posters are out in force today. I thought the screams and gnashing of teeth was bad last night.
Milli!
Aberzombie1892
Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

There seems to be confusion, and that confusion can be resolved with one question.

When was Baylor a destination job?
Bear8084
Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

There seems to be confusion, and that confusion can be resolved with one question.

When has Baylor lost successful coaches like UH and others?
Bear8084
SicThe12 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Milli!

If that helps you sleep at night thinking every poster so doesn't jump on the bandwagon of hysteria and hate is Milli...
Stranger
Little Matty hasn't denied he interviewed.
I'm a Bearbacker
Aberzombie1892
Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

When has Baylor convinced a successful P5 coach to leave their job to come here?
Bear8084
Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

When has Baylor convinced a successful P5 coach to leave their job to come here?

Well if that's your moving target...

How many coaches has Baylor lost, in a row like UH and others, to other schools? It can be a destination job for a lot of coaches, it could've been for Briles unless the NFL called. But to say we're not amd all coaches who coache here will leave is a defeatist attitude.
YoakDaddy
Golden Helmet said:

Christ almighty...the guy was an assistant OL coach for 1 year in the NFL and everyone acts like he's Bill Parcells.

He's not going anywhere.

Truth. He's never been more than a position coach in the league. He won't be selected. Plus, I'm pretty sure the NFL has a minimum number of candidates they must interview for HC positions even if they know who they'll hire.

Still, with this interview after being here 1 year, CMR just gave the middle finger to his current players, recent class, alumni, fans, and HS coaches. This interview has done long term reputational damage and any credibility built with this new staff amongst its constituent groups has been wasted.
boognish_bear
Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

How many destination jobs even exist in FBS? We just saw Jimbo leave FSU for Aggy
Aberzombie1892
Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Well if that's your moving target...

How many coaches has Baylor lost, in a row like UH and others, to other schools? It can be a destination job for a lot of coaches, it could've been for Briles unless the NFL called. But to say we're not amd all coaches who coache here will leave is a defeatist attitude.
How many Baylor coaches performed well enough in their position to warrant being considered for another P5 job?

Looking at the historical records of Baylor's coaches, the answer to that question is one. Given that Baylor's coaches almost universally do not perform well enough to warrant better jobs, why would anyone use the number of Baylor coaches that get better jobs as a standard for whether Baylor is a destination job?
PartyBear
Nothing is wrong about talking to another program or NFL team that contacts you. There is nothing wrong with a HC that reaches out to them as Rhule obviously did. It is absurd to think the Colts reached out. That is just some lame ass spin. What is wrong is the timing. Doing it after only one season and doing it outside the normal time of year coaches make changes.

In my view this is on par with Morris contacting Baylor and saying "hey hire me now I'll come on down" in June of 16. That raised all sorts of red flags with folks. Looks like we got someone with that type of character anyway except not one who runs a HUNH Spread, and with no relationships with anyone in Texas.

And no Briles actually showed this could be somewhat of a destination job just like Mulk and Drew have done with their programs. By the time Briles was fired, ironically, he was here for the long haul.
MilliVanilli
SicThe12 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Milli!
What's it like being owned by an internet poster your paranoia thinks that it sees everywhere?

Now go get your shine box.
WNCBear
Nothing about the ****-show that is BU football right now surprises me anymore.

Rhule interviewed, talked, listened to a phone call, whatever...whatever, whatever, whatever.

I hope he interviewed. I hope it went well. I hope he gets the job.

It's football and for many that well has been sufficiently poisoned at Baylor.

I think Rhule is a bad fit for BU on many levels, but I do not hate him anymore than I loved CAB. I do, however, find Rhule insincere and exceedingly full of coach-speak BS. But again, it's football and that's all it is.

As stated by many here, our problems go much higher than the football field. I am hopeful that there will be a time when events occur that draw media attention and people look down their noses at us, we can at least take solace in knowing that the university's real problems have been addressed. We are not there yet.

ColomboLQ
Stefano DiMera said:

This is so unbelievably far fetched and stupid that I can't believe there are people that actually believe this on here. What a joke.
ColomboLQ
Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Guy Morris?
whitetrash
Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

1950. Florida hired away Bob Woodruff just before we opened Baylor Stadium.
Booray
The answer is at least 2. USC wanted Teaff and UT/TT wanted Briles.
Bigtexasmike
Someone on here or bfans once said we caught lightning in a bottle and someone opened the lid. Its gone and never coming back... sad

Of course nothing lasts forever. Heck even bama used to suck. Alabama lost their opening game in 1955, to Rice, 20-0. They lost to Vanderbilt a week later and TCU the week after. They went 0-10, had four scoreless games...
Up up down down LR LR BA select start
Franklins
Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

When has Baylor had successful coaches to lose? Hard to have much of an analysis when your sample size is one.
MilliVanilli
Franklins said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

When has Baylor had successful coaches to lose? Hard to have much of an analysis when your sample size is one.
I assume your one is Grant Teaff.

Aberzombie1892
ColomboLQ said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Guy Morris?
That answer is acceptable, but it's debatable whether a coach with a 9-14 record over two seasons (1 bowl) at a P5 should be considered to be successful.
BearMe
I know there is a sentiment out there that some of us want him to leave. Okay lets say that happens, I would be worried about our recruits. They would get an option to decommit without penalty right? Also as much as some of us hate Rhule, he has done a good job recruiting, especially in a tough situation we are in.
Pale Rider
So much unbelievable garbage.
Johnny Bear
Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

If that's true, then I guess the fact that to date we haven't lost a HC to another school since Sauer back in the 50's means we're just "lucky". (And let's not forget Teaff had multiple chances to leave and Briles turned down UT).
Jacques Strap
boognish_bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

If we manage to land a good coach who wins for a couple of years then he is always looking and then one day they're gone to a better job. If we hire a lousy coach then they get fired and we battle KU for last place.

Where was the winning part with this one?
None yet. So either he wins and leaves or continues to lose and leaves. Either way he leaves. I suppose he may stay for $4 million a year to be mediocre.
Krieg
Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Bear8084 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Not that anyone is surprised, but now you're just making stuff up. People knew the Colts INTERVIEWED someone already just nobody knew who it was. Speculation said it was likely a college coach and that's why it was so secretive.

Now ESPN says that person was Rhule and Rhule hasn't said a word, which pretty much confirms it was him and that he's still hoping to land the job. I'm sure he won't get the job, but I'm also sure he'd think he will get the job.
boognish_bear
Johnny Bear
PartyBear said:

Again folks an NFL team is not going to hire him. I'm not sure why he would flash his ass though only a year in. It is clear he is not as loyal as any of our past coaches. He is looking to move up as soon as Baylor has a good season. So yes Mack needs a short list, you my fellow Baylor folks better view this as a two way street. If he is not this loyal, then Baylor doesnt need to be and needs to be fired after the season if it is a losing season.
If he stays, this is the long term lesson we need to take from this. If he ultimately has a successful season or especially if he puts together back to back good seasons, he's gone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.