Football
Sponsored by

Rhule interviews with the Colts

65,086 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LIB,MR BEARS
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ColomboLQ said:

Ok, so you agree then, he doesn't have a resume that qualifies him to be a NFL HC. Glad we are on the same page.
I agree you're an argumentative illiterate with internet access.
Dia del DougO
Most predictable tweet ever.

oldbear69
Dia del DougO said:

boognish_bear
Dia del DougO said:

Yep...several people here called that one. Does he really think anybody buys that? It's kind of insulting...
PartyBear
Dia del DougO said:

LMAO!
DAC
Dia del DougO said:

Wow
PartyBear
What a charade. Does this Ian Rapoport actually believe this? I mean that Rhule turned down the Colts. Because I bet Rhules bosses dont buy this. They may not say anything in public and I would not expect them to. But needless to say it is reasonable that there is much displeasure in the administration.
MilliVanilli

Dia del DougO
"Rap Sheet" never required believably as a standard for his breaking news scoops.
boognish_bear
#Baylor fan Boognish, following a direct message marriage proposal to Scarlett Johansson, has informed Scarlett that he has elected to remain with Mrs. Boognish source said...Yes, he has ruled out Scarlett
80sBEAR
Dia del DougO said:

Bless his heart. Green and gold to the core. LOLOLOLOL!!! Where is Doak?
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
ColomboLQ
Dia del DougO said:

Yes, I'd like to go ahead and announce that I have turned down the Google, Amazon and Apple CEO positions. I've also decided to turn down and have ruled out Kate Upton, and I've decided to stay with my wife. She should be so grateful I decided to do that!
YoakDaddy
boognish_bear said:

Dia del DougO said:

Yep...several people here called that one. Does he really think anybody buys that? It's kind of insulting...

Now watch the Colts pull an aggy and say they never offered.

Just ridiculous.
Thee University
80sBEAR said:

Dia del DougO said:

What can I do for you today Mr. Ice Cream?
BaylorBJM
Lulz at this board.

80sBEAR
Thee University said:

80sBEAR said:

Dia del DougO said:

Happy Friday my friend. I was just curious what you thought about Coach Rhules' little job shopping escapade. Why does it not bother you?
-- Dr. David Garland
BaylorProud77
Lololol I like it
BaylorProud77
This should be interesting
Thee University
80sBEAR said:

Thee University said:

80sBEAR said:

Dia del DougO said:

Happy Friday my friend. I was just curious what you thought about Coach Rhules' little job shopping escapade. Why does it not bother you?
It bothers me.

For a moment there I was afraid sanctions were being levied by the NCAA on your pappy's reign and Rhule was exercising his bail out clause.

It sends a very poor message to Bear Faithful but on the other hand one could argue that hey, an NFL team is interested in our coach and did not interview any other Big 12 coaches.

You and I? We just have to sit back and take it like a man.

It gives us some bulletin board fuel for a few weeks. Don't drag this out like you continue to do with Arthur, BOR (you will NEVER change their MO) and Milli (you can't beat him). Just a little advice from one long of tooth.
Thee University
BaylorBJM said:

GLulz at this board.

Amen!
Stranger
Well dang. I made a brilliant post this morning and it's gone. Did I just get deleted or am I banned? Never been banned before.

Sometimes my bluntness is not appreciated.
I'm a Bearbacker
hodedofome
Thee University said:

80sBEAR said:

Thee University said:

80sBEAR said:

Dia del DougO said:

It bothers me.

For a moment there I was afraid sanctions were being levied by the NCAA on your pappy's reign and Rhule was exercising his bail out clause.

It sends a very poor message to Bear Faithful but on the other hand one could argue that hey, an NFL team is interested in our coach and did not interview any other Big 12 coaches.

You and I? We just have to sit back and take it like a man.

It gives us some bulletin board fuel for a few weeks. Don't drag this out like you continue to do with Arthur, BOR (you will NEVER change their MO) and Milli (you can't beat him). Just a little advice from one long of tooth.

Does it bother you as much as CAB flirting with UT? You seemed to hang onto that one for a while. Still not convinced you're over it.
80sBEAR
Stranger said:

Well dang. I made a brilliant post this morning and it's gone. Did I just get deleted or am I banned? Never been banned before.

You keep forgetting that we are now the kinder and gentler Bears. Negativity will not be tolerated. Our Coach is the second coming of VInce Lombardi. Every single day is sunshine and 72 degrees. No problems. No worries.
We are Baylor.

-- Dr. David Garland
cowboycwr
MilliVanilli said:

Now that we know how Trump feels about the interview we need to know the most important thing of all.........

How does Brenda Tracy feel about his interview? What tweets has she sent out about it?
57Bear
Stranger said:

You are only half-banned; this post of yours didn't get deleted (yet!).
Pale Rider
BaylorBJM said:

Lulz at this board.

That's classic.
Dia del DougO
Indy is a sh!ithole, anyway.
Forest Bueller
Dia del DougO said:

Yep.
Forest Bueller
boognish_bear said:

Dia del DougO said:

Yep, like DougO said, most predictable tweet ever.

But, I'm sure the premies all believe. Part of "the process".
Forest Bueller
80sBEAR said:

Stranger said:

You keep forgetting that we are now the kinder and gentler Bears. Negativity will not be tolerated. Our Coach is the second coming of VInce Lombardi. Every single day is sunshine and 72 degrees. No problems. No worries.
We are Baylor.

You crack me up 80's. It's been a rough week.
boognish_bear
Some comments from commits about Rhule/Colts situation

https://n.rivals.com/news/big-12-spotlight-stories-to-follow-prior-to-national-signing-day

Big 12 Spotlight: Rhule's bad look

After a hectic past few weeks, it's easy to forget that there is still a National Signing Day to come in February. While many teams in the Big 12 locked up the majority of their classes in December, there are still some things to keep an eye on as prospects prepare to sign their letters of intent.

BAD LOOK FOR BAYLOR'S RHULE TO FLIRT WITH COLTS

In one fell swoop, Matt Rhule became a posterboy of sorts for many of the concerns that some had around the Early Signing Period, but the layers of his decision to interview and then ultimately back away from the Colts job could cast a light on other major issues.

Obviously, Baylor didn't have a good season in 2017. Perhaps some thought the Bears could have mustered together more than one win, but Rhule's job shouldn't have been expected to be in jeopardy because of that. Or should it? Maybe he caught wind that even amid the turmoil the program has suffered, he should have had a better end product and now enters next season on the hot seat.

In the wake of the news that he may have been looking elsewhere, Rhule called a team meeting yesterday to discuss the matter with his players. Three-star defensive back , who has enrolled early, said that his impression of things after the fact was that the inquiry was blown out of proportion.

"It was nothing too serious," he said.

Other signees have a similar feeling about the matter. Under Armour All-American cornerback maintained nothing but more of the same positive feelings he's expressed about the program since signing last month.

"I'm not worried at all - I know Coach Rhule is all in," he said. "We're just excited to get the year started. Some great things will be taking place and we can't wait to kick off."

No coach is guaranteed to stay at any one job, but if anyone should have been expected to - under the pretense that he was hired - it was Rhule. If he had left one season after signing a seven-year contract and after so many players signing their letters of intent in during the Early Signing Period, there may have been yet another rush for recently signed Baylor players to rescind their arrangements. Even though Rhule is now apparently staying, this still could raise a red flag to players considering taking one of the few remaining spots in Baylor's 2018 class that he could already be looking for other opportunities.

Thee University
Dia del DougO said:

Indy is a sh!ithole, anyway.
You racist!
Dman
Well, when does the coaching search begin for THEE? Rhule is a dead man in his eyes now.... This was the unpardonable sin for a coach. Though today literally every coach employed on a P5 program is a "rent a gun". But THEE is like My Space. Outdated and irrelevant. In his world, Coaches stay forever and offenses have 1 play....up the middle. Anything else is for pencil necks. Or does he forgive Rhule and move-on and this is this just one more example of how hypocritical he is and his infatuation with a former coach he just can't let go....

If THEE has any credibility left (rhetorical statement...), daily posts demanding Rhule be fired are herein expected.

Pale Rider
Thee is cool with Rhule. Thee knows reality.
PartyBear
I think that article pretty well captures it. As I said all season long despite conspiracy theories from even his backers that it was all part of the plan to have a bad season in 17, that there is no way in hell the powers that be were happy with what they were seeing. Too much $$ riding on all of it now. This isnt college athletics of the 80s or 90s or earlier. Like it or not they want it both ways. They all expected to see Art Briles football (w-l records included) but without Art or his staff on the sideline. I think the fact Rhule pledged a bowl next season was his trying to pacify not just the alums and fans but his bosses as well. He had been privately on the warm if not hot seat anyway. Additionally I am absolutely certain that last crowd of about 22K at McLane sent panic to the powers that be which was in turn appropriately taken out on Rhule. That is probably why he sought an NFL job, one because he could get the hell because he is worried he wont meet expectations again and hence is out anyway. Two I think he thought that would really show the powers that be a real F_you to them in the remote chance an NFL team hired him away after they dared had a talk with him about performance , or if he didnt get it it would still show that be that he is special and may even impress them to the point his seat may cool off that an NFL team would discuss a HC opening with him. Now ironically the hot seat is probably a little more open and less private due to this NFL escapade.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.