Rhule interviews with the Colts

67,151 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LIB,MR BEARS
SIC EM 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I wonder if Rhule got down on his knees and slobbered all over the interviewer like Briles did when he was campaigning for the UT job.

Briles wannabes here won't admit it, but Briles embarrassed himself by doing that because it wasn't a proud approach. He basically turned into the coaching equivalent of a Harry Hines prostitute begging for the job and telling them how bad he wanted it.

I think they were taken aback by how desperate he could be trying to pimp himself out.

Key difference here, the Colts called Rhule. They didn't need to find a back alley to screw in like Briles.
Using your own words:

Do you have any facts to support this moronic claim?

If you don't, you're full of ***** I already know that, but whatever.
MilliVanilli
ColomboLQ said:

MilliVanilli said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I wonder if Rhule got down on his knees and slobbered all over the interviewer like Briles did when he was campaigning for the UT job.

Briles wannabes here won't admit it, but Briles embarrassed himself by doing that because it wasn't a proud approach. He basically turned into the coaching equivalent of a Harry Hines prostitute begging for the job and telling them how bad he wanted it.

I think they were taken aback by how desperate he could be trying to pimp himself out.

Key difference here, the Colts called Rhule. They didn't need to find a back alley to screw in like Briles.
LMAO!! Please, only a moron believes that to be the case.

No really, your credibility on this board is fantastic.
No, I think it's better that you keep telling us how an NFL franchise decided they first wanted to reach out to a college coach with a handful of years of HC experience coming off of a 1 win season and having only 1 year experience coaching in the NFL as an OL coach to interview for their HC position. Please, that makes a lot more sense.
There's a 31-year-old with no prior head coaching experience at any level on the Los Angeles Rams sideline and Mark Helfrich just became the OC in Chicago after not being in football in any capacity for the last year once he failed as HC in Oregon after Chip Kelly, who was allowed to fail with two different NFL teams.

It's not inconceivable or even unrealistic that a team contacted a 42-year-old Tom Coughlin disciple and put out some sort of inquiry.
Both Sean McVay and Helfrich showed a lot of success as OC's, especially McVay, prior to being hired. The Helfrich hire is very much the exception, not the Rhule. And Rhule is coming off of a 1 win season. Just no.
You really don't understand what a fraternity NFL coaching is, and Rhule's in it.

It was a courtesy call, they happen all the time, and it's a flattering testament to the coach.

MilliVanilli
SicThe12 said:

MilliVanilli said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

No, I think it's better that you keep telling us how an NFL franchise decided they first wanted to reach out to a college coach with a handful of years of HC experience coming off of a 1 win season and having only 1 year experience coaching in the NFL as an OL coach to interview for their HC position. Please, that makes a lot more sense.
There's a 31-year-old with no prior head coaching experience at any level on the Los Angeles Rams sideline and Mark Helfrich just became the OC in Chicago after not being in football in any capacity for the last year once he failed as HC in Oregon after Chip Kelly, who was allowed to fail with two different NFL teams.

It's not inconceivable or even unrealistic that a team contacted a 42-year-old Tom Coughlin disciple and put out some sort of inquiry.
"Tom Coughlin disciple" he was the assistant to the o-linr coach for 9 months.
Part of that fraternal coaching tree, it only took 9 months for your mother to make you part of your family too.
Krieg
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

80sBEAR said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

80sBEAR said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Not the story I heard. Word has it that after being contacted by Texas, he was pissed and insulted he had to interview for the job and felt like he should be offered the job if they truly were interested.

What is it with you guys? Briles is a demon for talking to Texas yet Matt Rhule is sweet and innocent and it is no problem if he interviews for another job with the Indianapolis Colts. If you want to just be a Briles hater, be one. But don't say what Briles did was wrong and what Rhule has done is just fine. It is the same damn thing.

Your source is wrong. He met with some UT donors and multiple people were quoted as hearing him say, "If you offer me the job, I'll take it."
After all that has happened to Briles, can you blame him for making such a statement? Looks like there was probably enough going on with the Regents that that's the way he felt and maybe he was right. I have always heard that the Regents are very big on their subjects kissing their brass rings and Briles was just not a brass ring kissing kinda guy.

At the time, no. The last two years, yes.

Not many programs would have allowed him to hire his son and son in law, paid him $6 mil for getting beat by UCF and allowed him to contribute zero to the U outside of football. For $6 mil, at least hold a banquet.

Hell, even Gary Patterson is active in Fort Worth charities. Briles didn't do *****

Baylor treated him pretty well up to that point, he has himself to blame for pissing people off.
He's been gone for 2.5 years. MOVE ON.
MilliVanilli
Krieg said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

80sBEAR said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

80sBEAR said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Not the story I heard. Word has it that after being contacted by Texas, he was pissed and insulted he had to interview for the job and felt like he should be offered the job if they truly were interested.

What is it with you guys? Briles is a demon for talking to Texas yet Matt Rhule is sweet and innocent and it is no problem if he interviews for another job with the Indianapolis Colts. If you want to just be a Briles hater, be one. But don't say what Briles did was wrong and what Rhule has done is just fine. It is the same damn thing.

Your source is wrong. He met with some UT donors and multiple people were quoted as hearing him say, "If you offer me the job, I'll take it."
After all that has happened to Briles, can you blame him for making such a statement? Looks like there was probably enough going on with the Regents that that's the way he felt and maybe he was right. I have always heard that the Regents are very big on their subjects kissing their brass rings and Briles was just not a brass ring kissing kinda guy.

Not many programs would have allowed him to hire his son and son in law, paid him $6 mil for getting beat by UCF and allowed him to contribute zero to the U outside of football. For $6 mil, at least hold a banquet.

Hell, even Gary Patterson is active in Fort Worth charities. Briles didn't do *****

Baylor treated him pretty well up to that point, he has himself to blame for pissing people off.
He's been gone for 2.5 years. MOVE ON.
Two football seasons, but not 2 calendar years since his dismissal until May.

But I agree it's seemed much longer, the topic of him is trite and worn out.
SicThe12
MilliVanilli said:

SicThe12 said:

MilliVanilli said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Part of that fraternal coaching tree, it only took 9 months for your mother to make you part of your family too.
Literally hundreds and hundreds of coaches are in that Tom Coughlin coaching tree then.
Krieg
Milli, stop responding to me. I'm not going to click to un-ignore you to read your posts just like I haven't the last 6 months.

I mean, keep it up if you really want I guess but you're wasting your time.

Cue milli response in 3...2...1...
MilliVanilli
SicThe12 said:

MilliVanilli said:

SicThe12 said:

MilliVanilli said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Literally hundreds and hundreds of coaches are in that Tom Coughlin coaching tree then.
Some are, yes.

Rhule and Coughlin have an actual relationship though, Rhule consulted Coughlin about coming to Baylor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/5nf7id/interesting_bit_about_tom_coughlin_in_an/
80sBEAR
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

80sBEAR said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

80sBEAR said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

The 52-42 UCF loss was painful at the time, but I think it was much better than going 1-11 and staying at home with Mom eating leftover Christmas cookies on New Year's Day. Just my opinion. Not many programs get to string together a few 10+ win seasons either. Generally when a coach can do that, the university and alumni give him a little latitude in his assistant hires.

Yeah, we get it. It is all about donating to the Christian Mission, community service, and all the rest of that warm and fuzzy stuff. You should be elated with the Matt Rhule hire. You will get plenty of that. If you don't think Briles and a Top 10 football program brought $millions to the bottom line of Baylor, just sit back and watch what happens from 2018 thru 2020 and probably beyond and get back to us.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Baylor3216
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Compounding said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Last time i checked.. Telling them straight up you won't interview and hire me based on my track record is anything but begging. I thought this was all well known by now.
Hahah, don't you wish that's what he said.

He reached out to one of the donors. Called him up. Told him if they offered him the job he'd take it. The conversation continued and Texas wanted to discuss further so they flew their AD in a donor's jet to the BAYLOR bowl game, where Briles met them.

Even the players were surprised at how quickly he could turn and most expected him to be gone.

Go find the pre bowl game interview where he was asked about the job. He immediately knew he was busted.

Our team tanked a bowl game because Briles quit doing his job.

Well, we were missing half our team due to injuries including the captain of and best player on the defense but yeah Briles was an asshat for how he handled that
boognish_bear
https://www.diehards.com/baylor/matt-rhules-short-nfl-flirtation-reveals-baylors-unhealed-wounds
joseph11ag

Ahhhhhh
boognish_bear
joseph11ag said:

Ahhhhhh

Hope we are eventually gonna get more than that from him...
boognish_bear
Looks like maybe he comes baring apology flowers...

boognish_bear
hodedofome
So I guess there's nothing to see here, move along people. He'll be our coach...until he isn't.

At that point...then we can freak out. Or rejoice. Whatever response you feel appropriate.
Gust Avrakotos
Damn...just like the freaking colts to get everyone's hopes up and then blow it.

Look what they could have had.
RegentCoverup
SIC EM 94 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Using your own words:

Art told quite a few people he would leave Baylor for the Cowboys or UT.

Ask him yourself.

This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
xiIedinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

SIC EM 94 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Using your own words:

Ask him yourself.

Can you answer the question
Russell Gym
hodedofome said:

At that point...then we can freak out. Or rejoice. Whatever response you feel appropriate.

Seems most people here have already done both - prematurely.
ColomboLQ
MilliVanilli said:

ColomboLQ said:

MilliVanilli said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Both Sean McVay and Helfrich showed a lot of success as OC's, especially McVay, prior to being hired. The Helfrich hire is very much the exception, not the Rhule. And Rhule is coming off of a 1 win season. Just no.
You really don't understand what a fraternity NFL coaching is, and Rhule's in it.

It was a courtesy call, they happen all the time, and it's a flattering testament to the coach.

I have no doubts that Rhule has some friends in the NFL. But I do have MAJOR doubts that the Colts would call him out of all colleges coaches, out of the blue. Regardless of how many good friends he may have, his resume doesn't come close to warranting even a courtesy call. It literally makes zero sense to believe the Colts would actually pick up the phone and cold call him at all, let alone before others.
MilliVanilli
ColomboLQ said:

MilliVanilli said:

ColomboLQ said:

MilliVanilli said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

ColomboLQ said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I have no doubts that Rhule has some friends in the NFL. But I do have MAJOR doubts that the Colts would call him out of all colleges coaches, out of the blue. Regardless of how many good friends he may have, his resume doesn't come close to warranting even a courtesy call. It literally makes zero sense to believe the Colts would actually pick up the phone and cold call him at all, let alone before others.
Argumentative and clueless as usual.
RegentCoverup
BearackObama said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

SIC EM 94 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Using your own words:

Ask him yourself.

Can you answer the question

I know the answer.

I thought you were tight with Art and Staley.? Next time you see him, thank him for those losses to Michigan State and Florida Hospitality School.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
LIB,MR BEARS
I figure if Caughlin says you have a lot of potential, people take notice. If Garrett says the same thing, they scratch out your name. Regardless of Caughlin's recent performance, he still gets a lot of respect around the league.
Grizz Air
Please, please, please, please, pleeeeease God!!!!! Please let Fhule leave!
oldbear69
Grizz Air said:

Please, please, please, please, pleeeeease God!!!!! Please let Fhule leave!

next phone call...he gone....
Grizz Air
boognish_bear said:

He is no doubt a smooth talker...I remember how pitch perfect his introductory speech was at the Ferrell Center when he first came here...let's see...what year was that....oh yeah 2017.

The problem is when you let him out of the room. Onto the field, that is.
Pale Rider
Russell Gym said:

hodedofome said:

Seems most people here have already done both - prematurely.

This ten thousand times over.

ColomboLQ
Ok, in what way does Rhule's resume qualify him to be a NFL head coach?
MilliVanilli
ColomboLQ said:

Ok, in what way does Rhule's resume qualify him to be a NFL head coach?
As usual, you're just argumentative and obtuse.

If you don't want to actually read you should probably refrain from message boards.
EasyE
Robert Wilson said:

What kind of person spends one year at a place going 1-11, makes excuses about a long-term process, and then seriously entertains leaving.

Tommy Tuberville (didn't go 1-11, and was there more than 1 year, 2010-2012, but still more or less the same).
MidWestBear2010
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

80sBEAR said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

80sBEAR said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

People like you and Garry love doing good works in public so all can see. I think Jesus said something about that. Classic Baptist.
chukronos
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I've heard from a reliable source that Rhule most definitely did. Not at all surprising, but still embarrassing.
ColomboLQ
Ok, so you agree then, he doesn't have a resume that qualifies him to be a NFL HC. Glad we are on the same page.
Russell Gym
chukronos said:

I've heard from a reliable source that Rhule most definitely did. Not at all surprising, but still embarrassing.

Tony Dorsett?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.