Football
Sponsored by

Rhule interviews with the Colts

64,004 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LIB,MR BEARS
LBKBEAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This tells me we have to do everything possible to keep Rhule.

They could have taken a run at Saban. Saban is winless against Kansas since starting at Bama. The proof is in the pudding.
ArlingtonFarm Fingercuffs
Honest question. Why does Rhule want to leave at this point? He was given a zillion dollars with a long contract and has landed some good recruiting classes. There will never be less pressure in a big time job than what he has now. And if he does well here he will have a mountain of opportunities in a few years. It smells like he's panicking for a way out.
blackie
Guys, I don't care what you think of Rhule, his offense, or where he comes from. I wouldn't see us losing a coach at this point in time to be good for us. It would only be another set back. All that are out there are ones nobody else wanted (since they haven't already been hired), over the hill, or carry baggage from their previous places. On the other hand, his interviewing, if true (or not soon denied), also doesn't send the right message about where we stand.

Going or staying, I just don't see it good for us going into this year. I guess I would be careful for what you wish. Since we have no control over it anyway, I guess we just have to wait and see how it plays out. But my first thought is that if true, not true, or any other scenario, it just isn't good for us. We didn't need this. not now. Hope I am proven wrong. I am getting too old to waste seasons starting over every year.

I guess my biggest amazement is why an NFL team would want him. He doesn't have a resume that screams he would be successful at that level, at least not yet.
LIB,MR BEARS
GusGus said:

If Ruhle goes why not try to get Bob Stoops out of retirement. I am sure he is getting bored .
Stoops interviewing with BU is what would finally get the media to talk about Mixon et al and then accuse bu of not learning anything.

BU interviews coach who was "quietly pushed out at OU over uncontrollable players. BU doesn't learn."
cBUrurenthusism
boognish_bear said:

CMR is going to have to publicly address this soon...right?
Well let's see he's got to talk to his team, his recruits, the big donors first

But yeah if this goes overnight he's toast
BaylorProud77
Lol
YoakDaddy
GShack said:

Robert Wilson said:

You serious, Clark?

I've got no real problem with hired hands entertaining other offers/discussions, but the loyalty police around here must be furious.

Absolutely this. Will those who can't get over Briles flirtation with Texas be as angry with Rhule for actually interviewing with Indy?

Don't worry. We have enough pharisees to not be angry.
ArlingtonFarm Fingercuffs
GusGus said:

If Ruhle goes why not try to get Bob Stoops out of retirement. I am sure he is getting bored .

He also knows how to run a Briles quality program without getting run out of town.... sorta
xiledinok
REX said:

X?
Thee?
Mili?
I'm just going to try and gather my thoughts on this one
No big deal to me. Apparently, even at 1-11 the NFL believes he can coach and was left a Waste Management facility by Art Briles.
JumboShrimper
Ya need some bad dudes to win ala bama. Jus how football works.
boognish_bear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

GusGus said:

Stoops interviewing with BU is what would finally get the media to talk about Mixon et al and then accuse bu of not learning anything.

BU interviews coach who was "quietly pushed out at OU over uncontrollable players. BU doesn't learn."

That would be funny and sad all at the same time
SicThe12
Drunken hookup @ old main said:

Honest question. Why does Rhule want to leave at this point? He was given a zillion dollars with a long contract and has landed some good recruiting classes. There will never be less pressure in a big time job than what he has now. And if he does well here he will have a mountain of opportunities in a few years. It smells like he's panicking for a way out.
Narcissisim , he thinks he's a big fish in a small pond.
boognish_bear
I don't know who this is...

PartyBear
Translation he has already been told they will go a different direction (shocker). A 1-11 record at the P5 level will get no coach a ticket to anywhere.
bexar country
This is obviously fake news. Kevin Steele should be in line ahead of Rhule.
SicThe12
boognish_bear said:

That's a Baylor fan who is quoting her friend as a source LOL
Stranger
I've been telling you boys for months (and am on the record for saying it) Little Matty is a fraud and a phony.

Trust the process, my a$$
I'm a Bearbacker
Krieg
boognish_bear said:

Go get him, Smoak!

They've always just been words to this guy, though. I've never understood why people thought it was more. No evidence at all, just words...and apparently they were lies.
Robert Wilson
Upon further consideration, if this is true we should fire his ass.

I do not expect coaches to be loyal, but I do expect them to have a modicum of personal pride. What kind of person spends one year at a place going 1-11, makes excuses about a long-term process, and then seriously entertains leaving that quickly?

And didn't he say that God called him here? Did God just move to Indianapolis?

Don't pimp out Jesus if you don't even mean it.

If this is not true, then let's move on down the road and try to win some damn football games.
cBUrurenthusism
Krieg said:

boognish_bear said:

Go get him, Smoak!

They've always just been words to this guy, though. I've never understood why people thought it was more. No evidence at all, just words...and apparently they were lies.
You probably need to change your signature
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower

"But how are we supposed to rebuild the Baylor Football program and the Kingdom of Heaven at Baylor if we lose our football coach after one year?"
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
MilliVanilli
BellCountyBear said:

Hire Briles back...watch Milli's head explode!
Haha, what's it like having to weigh all your opinions against what an internet poster might think?

PS that's one more NFL interview than Briles ever got.

oldbear69
Hell, let him go....how hard is it to replace a guy who went 1-11 and lost to freaking liberty.....hello Joey ..Joey...McGuire
Doc Holliday
Hahahahahaha we are so f'cked.

Imagine going back in in time to 2013 and saying "hey guys imagine this scenario: we had a huge rape scandal, Fire Briles and the guy we replaced him with goes 1-11 his first season and immediately interviews for a new job. And on top of that we pay him millions!"

You would think I was smoking crack and it sounds like a rival fan fiction nightmare scenario for Baylor.

...but it is a reality.

Dear god help us.

whitetrash
Robert Wilson said:

Upon further consideration, if this is true we should fire his ass.

I do not expect coaches to be loyal, but I do expect them to have a modicum of personal pride. What kind of person spends one year at a place going 1-11, makes excuses about a long-term process, and then seriously entertains leaving that quickly?

And didn't he say that God called him here? Did God just move to Indianapolis?

Don't pimp out Jesus if you don't even mean it.

If this is not true, then let's move on down the road and try to win some damn football games.

I think Boston College fired a coach a few years ago after 1-2 seasons for interviewing with the Jets.
SicThe12
MilliVanilli said:

BellCountyBear said:

Haha, what's it like having to weigh all your opinions against what an internet poster might think?

now tell us with your sock puppet accounts you loser
MilliVanilli
SicThe12 said:

MilliVanilli said:

BellCountyBear said:

now tell us with your sock puppet accounts you loser
It's weird how you fantasize about socks when this one bludgeons your pointy little head straight on.

Your paranoia is endlessly entertaining.

Bear8084
blackie said:

Guys, I don't care what you think of Rhule, his offense, or where he comes from. I wouldn't see us losing a coach at this point in time to be good for us. It would only be another set back. All that are out there are ones nobody else wanted (since they haven't already been hired), over the hill, or carry baggage from their previous places. On the other hand, his interviewing, if true (or not soon denied), also doesn't send the right message about where we stand.

Going or staying, I just don't see it good for us going into this year. I guess I would be careful for what you wish. Since we have no control over it anyway, I guess we just have to wait and see how it plays out. But my first thought is that if true, not true, or any other scenario, it just isn't good for us. We didn't need this. not now. Hope I am proven wrong. I am getting too old to waste seasons starting over every year.

I guess my biggest amazement is why an NFL team would want him. He doesn't have a resume that screams he would be successful at that level, at least not yet.

Fair statement. Moreso than those frothing at the mouths about this. It is not a good thing and wish he would get out in front of it but I doubt it. Briles didn't with UT and it cost us our first big bowl game. Part of me doesn't believe it because it's ESPN, but who knows. Also those thinking we're are a Mack Brown hire away from ruling the Big 12 are just as ridiculous as this news tonight.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
Ok.

We need to get our heads on straight and break this all down for a moment. How much does Baylor University get paid if Coach Rhule's contract gets bought out? We should keep doing this over and over and over again so that we can pay back the $223 million that we borrowed from the Baylor University endowment! It's brilliant!
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
BaylorProud77
Agree but I am so
fadskier
BaylorProud77 said:

Well don't faint but let's just go hire lane kiffin!

This! And bring Kendal back!
BaylorBJM
This is the most sensitive group of individuals I've ever seen on any message board.

Sadly, it appears none of,you,are in the business world either.
Bear8084
SicThe12 said:

boognish_bear said:

So just as reliable as the venerated ESPN journalists?
gobears20
Staff
Bear8084 said:

SicThe12 said:

boognish_bear said:

How can they say that lol

He is playing the game.
ColomboLQ
Bear8084 said:

SicThe12 said:

boognish_bear said:

Just to be clear, you don't think it's true that he interviewed with the Colts?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.