Football
Sponsored by

Rhule interviews with the Colts

64,474 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LIB,MR BEARS
cBUrurenthusism
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wikstr9 said:

Briles Part Il. Someone is bound to say it
Briles had skins on the wall

This is insane

There's no way to justify this other than a straight out denial

He just screwed himself with EVERYBODY
Sip 'em Beers
Can't wait to hear about how much tougher our last year's team was compared to next year's colts. BU would also have beaten them 60-0.
PartyBear
Really......... Briles entertained interest after already having been here a lengthy time period for a football coach (6 years)
Wikstr9
Hiring Briles back....
PartyBear
cBUrurenthusism said:

Wikstr9 said:

Briles had skins on the wall

This is insane

There's no way to justify this other than a straight out denial

He just screwed himself with EVERYBODY
This is the problem. 1-11 should have screwed him with every body. Seriously. There was no excuse for that.
CarelessBear
Wikstr9 said:

Atleast Briles got screwed by the playoff committee before looking around for a team that this would never happened to. He more than earned his check.

Rhule on the other hand is stealing money from Baylor and telling us it's not enough.
Wikstr9
Playing this out.m - if for some crazy way Rhule actually got the job....who do you feel sorry for more

(1) a Colts fan
(2) all the other guys who interviewed and lost to a coach who just went 1-11

PartyBear
He is not going to get the job and then he will come back to Waco on the hot seat. Which I think his seat is already warm in private, which may what be motivating him to look elsewhere. I bet Mack has already told him he is gone if we arent bowling next season.
boognish_bear
BUBBFAN
I may be wrong, but I don't believe this for a second. Fake News.
Grumpy
Didn't Rhule say in his "pep rally" welcome that he planned to be at Baylor for many years?

Wouldn't Les Miles be the low hanging fruit for Baylor (provided he can find a decent OC and an assistant to handle clock management)?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Grumpy said:

Didn't Rhule say in his "pep rally" welcome that he planned to be at Baylor for many years?

Wouldn't Les Miles be the low hanging fruit for Baylor (provided he can find a decent OC and an assistant to handle clock management)?

I would not be opposed to Les...but I'd take Sumlin first if possible.
Krieg
Grumpy said:

Rhule is a politician.

You know how you can tell a politician is lying?

Agreed on Miles, but I'd interview Mack Brown as well. Take the one with the best plan and throw a party with Rhule's buyout money.

Or waive the buyout to help him land the gig...
BUGWBBear
Nick95 said:

Funny ESPN is only reporting this interview and not all who have interviewed. Anything to try to cost us a recruit.

His choice, not ESPN's.
BUGWBBear
The AD must be shytting bricks.
CarelessBear
boognish_bear said:

Grumpy said:

I would not be opposed to Les...but I'd take Sumlin first if possible.
We'd be lucky to get a coach like Les, but he's old man
Wikstr9
Total oh **** moment. What a dumb ass. Thought everyone would keep their mouths shut.

Fireable offense?
GoldenBear007
Bold strategy to interview for a job after a 1-11 season. Already wanting out of a 7-year contract after one year?? What a joke. No way he's still coaching at Baylor in 2 years
GShack
Robert Wilson said:

You serious, Clark?

I've got no real problem with hired hands entertaining other offers/discussions, but the loyalty police around here must be furious.

Absolutely this. Will those who can't get over Briles flirtation with Texas be as angry with Rhule for actually interviewing with Indy?
PartyBear
Krieg said:

Grumpy said:

Rhule is a politician.

Agreed on Miles, but I'd interview Mack Brown as well. Take the one with the best plan and throw a party with Rhule's buyout money.

Not opposed to Mack Brown as a short term HC ( I dont mean interim I mean for a few years). He has a national title and the kids all remember him as the last great Texas HC, he was good recruiter anyhow but I think he would load the program up with talent over a few years.
BUGWBBear
Wikstr9 said:

Hiring Briles back....

Baylor couldn't afford him and I'm pretty sure he'd never accept. You don't buy the same real estate twice
Krieg
PartyBear said:

Krieg said:

Grumpy said:

Rhule is a politician.

Not opposed to Mack Brown as a short term HC ( I dont mean interim I mean for a few years). He has a national title and the kids all remember him as the last great Texas HC, he was good recruiter anyhow but I think he would load the program up with talent over a few years.

Yep. He's a proven winner, and this conference lost Stoops. It's ours for the taking with the right coach and talent.
BUGWBBear
But at least we know how he'd coach up a #15 class. Just not ever coming back.
Mitch Blood Green
I'm not on mad about this. I'm more upset that people keep trying to convince me I'm looking at steak and my eyes say I'm looking at cheese.
ColomboLQ
I also highly doubt he would be planning to take the TX HS coaches that he hired on his staff to the Colts with him. How does he face those guys now if he doesn't get the job?
tpbu12
PartyBear said:

I doubt its true an NFL team is not going to fire a coach and then hire one who went 1-11 with a P5 team that should have won at least 6.
+1
REX
X?
Thee?
Mili?
I'm just going to try and gather my thoughts on this one
Wikstr9
Do we have dates yet for the Rhule 2018 football season roadshow? They might have to find larger venues in Dallas, Austin and Houston.
boognish_bear
Apparently this newly signed recruiting class is already very tight knit with each other and super excited about coming to Baylor I hate this news for them even if he ends up staying
cBUrurenthusism
God doesn't call anybody to Indianapolis
boognish_bear
GusGus
If Ruhle goes why not try to get Bob Stoops out of retirement. I am sure he is getting bored .
BellCountyBear
Maybe he just wanted to visit Indianapolis to toughen himself up. I hear it's lovely in winter!
boognish_bear
CMR is going to have to publicly address this soon...right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.