Football
Sponsored by

Rhule interviews with the Colts

63,795 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LIB,MR BEARS
MidWestBear2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?

cowboycwr
But but but I thought he was committed to Baylor.....
BU_Fanatic
Holy crap! Who would be a replacement?
BUBear24
Haven't loved the past year but respected the recruiting and hoped it would all be put together.

That sad, if he truly interviewed then he would have lost my respect. Don't sell that religious bull**** of being called to a place by God, and then move on in a year. Dick move
Nick95
Funny ESPN is only reporting this interview and not all who have interviewed. Anything to try to cost us a recruit.
WE ARE GOING TO WIN
PartyBear
I doubt its true an NFL team is not going to fire a coach and then hire one who went 1-11 with a P5 team that should have won at least 6.
ColomboLQ
Oh boy. Thee won't be happy about this betrayal.
MidWestBear2010
Nick95 said:

Funny ESPN is only reporting this interview and not all who have interviewed. Anything to try to cost us a recruit.
His fault for interviewing in the first place.
boognish_bear
Ok...so who will Mack have on his short list? Would be a terrible time to be looking to hire now that 20 other schools have already hired this off season

Sumlin? Arizona still hasn't pulled the trigger on him
BaylorProud77
Omg!!!!!! How could he even think about going after he just recruited a bunch of good kids that expect him to
Show up ()$@@&)(). That's me cussing!
BaylorProud77
Ditto!!!
boognish_bear
la1037
Praying the interview went very well. This will save us a lot of money after we go 3-9 next year.
"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
- Chris Holmes, Baylor General Counsel
BaylorProud77
Omg!!!! )$&&)!!!
boognish_bear
If he's getting interest from the NFL now at 1-11...then we sure as hell won't be able to hang on to him if he actually starts winning a few games
ColomboLQ
Is this part of "the process" I hear so much about?
PartyBear
Again folks an NFL team is not going to hire him. I'm not sure why he would flash his ass though only a year in. It is clear he is not as loyal as any of our past coaches. He is looking to move up as soon as Baylor has a good season. So yes Mack needs a short list, you my fellow Baylor folks better view this as a two way street. If he is not this loyal, then Baylor doesnt need to be and needs to be fired after the season if it is a losing season.
BaylorProud77
Well don't faint but let's just go hire lane kiffin!
boognish_bear

Robert Wilson
You serious, Clark?

I've got no real problem with hired hands entertaining other offers/discussions, but the loyalty police around here must be furious.
SicThe12
WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS?!? WHAT ABOUT THE ICE CREAM?!?!?
gobears20
Staff
Interesting after one year he interviews with another team.
PartyBear
If Rhule left tomorrow morning Mack should have Sumlin hired by dinner time.
CarelessBear
The usual suspects will stay far away from this thread.
BearKamp
This guy was called to Baylor...and perhaps he answered the phone and God said Indy?

Really pathetic. Can't spin this one. He's not doing it for a raise from Baylor obviously.
MidWestBear2010
The good news is that he just put a ton of pressure on himself to win this year. No one is going to have his back after a losing season after this.
Krieg
BUBear24 said:

Haven't loved the past year but respected the recruiting and hoped it would all be put together.

That sad, if he truly interviewed then he would have lost my respect. Don't sell that religious bull**** of being called to a place by God, and then move on in a year. Dick move

You shouldn't have believed him. He's just a football coach selling to an audience. One of my favorite things about Briles was that he seemed genuine. Rhule panders.
LIB,MR BEARS
Let he who has never entertained other job offers take the first picture off the wall.
Wikstr9
Total dick move. Period.
PartyBear
Krieg said:

BUBear24 said:

You shouldn't have believed him. He's just a football coach selling to an audience. One of my favorite things about Briles was that he seemed genuine. Rhule panders.
Exactly right! Charlatons come in and sell that crap to gullible Baylor people. I respected Briles for not playing that game and acting like what he was-- a hired gun and a damn good one. I respected Morriss as well for not playing that game as well, he wasnt as good a coach though.
GhettoHEBear
"Don't quit on me, and I won't quit on you"

Not a good look.
Baylor Mafioso
Wikstr9
Briles Part Il. Someone is bound to say it
boognish_bear
We have all heard how silver tongued CMR is... I have no doubt he killed the interview.

Then when he showed them his video resume with Little Tykes and Oklahoma Drills... kind of surprised they did not offer him on the spot.
BellCountyBear
Hire Briles back...watch Milli's head explode!
ColomboLQ
Wikstr9 said:

Briles Part Il. Someone is bound to say it
In what world is this Briles part II?!?! Briles had at least won the Big 12 before he was flirting with UT. Rhule is interviewing after ONE season and a 1-11 record!!! This isn't even close to the same thing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.