Football
Sponsored by

Mount Vernon Superintendent on TV talking about Briles hire

73,928 Views | 480 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go CAB....ignore the haters.
xiledinok
Will Art tell Mt. Vernon players to transfer and leave Mt. Vernon if he gets fired after getting a large 8 financial settlement from the district?
Does Art have a plan to double down on the guy who ponied up to get Art his job?
The world outside the bubble wants to know.

How many Waco residents will make the 6 hour round trip to Mt Vernon wiith small children and limited seating? If history indicates anything, they ll make one trip and never do it again.
REX
xiledinok said:

Will Art tell Mt. Vernon players to transfer and leave Mt. Vernon if he gets fired after getting large 8 financial settlement from the district?
Does Art have a plan to double down on the guy who ponied up to get Art his job?

Yes
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Will Art tell Mt. Vernon players to transfer and leave Mt. Vernon if he gets fired after getting large 8 financial settlement from the district?

Yes

I thought so.
You cannot teach class to trash.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

Will Art tell Mt. Vernon players to transfer and leave Mt. Vernon if he gets fired after getting a large 8 financial settlement from the district?

It all depends whether or not they want to play at an institution of football. If so, I would say YES.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

It all depends whether or not they want to play at an institution of football. If so, I would say YES.

No institution of football would hire Briles. A ball coach who never won a major bowl can't be bigger than an institution of football.

Rd2, I cannot name a coach with such a trailer trash image outside his worshippers. Please provide one.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

No institution of football would hire Briles. A ball coach who never won a major bowl can't be bigger than an institution of football.

Rd2, I cannot name a coach with such a trailer trash image outside his worshippers. Please provide one.
In most universes, a $15 million lump sum payment from your employer and another $2.5 million for your attorney's fees disqualifies you from being considered "trailer trash".

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

In most universes, a $15 million lump sum payment from your employer and another $2.5 million for your attorney's fees disqualifies you from being considered "trailer trash".
Would you make the same argument about Larry Flynt? He makes more than $15 million a year and pays his attorneys and employees more than $2.5 million.

One man's trash is another man's treasurer.

You do realize he didn't get what he was fully owed?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Would you make the same argument about Larry Flynt? He makes more than $15 million a year and pays his attorneys and employees more than $2.5 million.

One man's trash is another man's treasurer.

You do realize he didn't get what he was fully owed?
I would bet ole Larry doesn't live in a trailer either. Just a guess.

-- Barack Obama
Timbear
The fact that X is so twisted that he compares Art to Larry Flint shows X really is the one who's whacked out. Get some help, man.
MilliVanilli
TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jesus. You must have me on alert. Every post about you is immediately followed by your usual diatribe.
Nah, you're just paranoid tinfoil wearing moron holed up in a trailer park that thinks the universe is out to get you.

Thanks for posting your selfie. I wondered what you looked like.
Group therapy for Caberdom is in session, vent all your impotent caber fantasies here, I'm sure it's empowering for you to bark at a screen name who torments you with the reality you wish didn't exist.

MilliVanilli
ScottS said:

Go CAB....ignore the haters.
Lulz, you think this thread is about Cab and that he reads here?

It's about you Cabers that keep writing fan fiction about him on a Baylor forum instead of moving on or going elsewhere.

Cab is irrelevant, Caberdom is just an annoying remnant of his disgraced legacy littering an otherwise football relevant forum because a small handful of you that can't move on.

xiledinok
Timbear said:

The fact that X is so twisted that he compares Art to Larry Flint shows X really is the one who's whacked out. Get some help, man.

Just proving that money can still be trashy.

Timbear, you think Briles was a winner getting that money?
Timbear
Art got his $ because the BOR knew they were full of crap.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

He quickly took after threatening to cooperate with those mean nasty Plaintiffs lawyers. There's Briles versus Baylor Game 1.
TexasScientist
MilliVanilli said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jesus. You must have me on alert. Every post about you is immediately followed by your usual diatribe.
Nah, you're just paranoid tinfoil wearing moron holed up in a trailer park that thinks the universe is out to get you.

Group therapy for Caberdom is in session, vent all your impotent caber fantasies here, I'm sure it's empowering for you to bark at a screen name who torments you with the reality you wish didn't exist.

Caberphobia
Reverend
Thee University said:

toughbear said:

Thee, what is your opinion on Rhule?
This is the year for us to truly assess his value. We will know by October 19 in my opinion. I expect us to be 5-0 going into the OSU game in Stillwater on 10/19. Anything less than sitting at 6-0 on the morning of 10/20 will be a disappointment.

Overall I like him and his staff. Obviously he is not Art and his team projects a much different aura. Rhule's staff seems to coach and manage more like NFL than NCAA. Still not so sure this is a big deal or no deal at all. I like the fact that he spends more time and attention to defense and special teams than our previous staff.

The current Baylor rebuild is not an overnight fix and Rhule rightfully focused on OL and DL this recruiting season. I'm not currently sold on signing so many out of state players because some 18 year olds get homesick and Baylor/Waco is not like Temple or Penn State. It tells me that Rhule and his staff are committed to staying close to these kids and keeping their fingers on the pulse of the team.

Coaches, sports people and writers around the nation think the world of Matt. His assistant coaches have proven themselves worthy in college and pro football. This carries weight with recruits and should make alumni feel good about the mentoring process that extends beyond the field. This is not an in-bred staff.

The rebuild job Matt took takes time and overall he is slightly ahead of schedule given our bowl win over Vanderbilt in Year 2. I think given the predicament we found ourselves in that we got the right guy for the job and after a rough start we are on the right track.

We need to play injury free football until the depth catches up.
Within 2 years Thee will be calling for his head. Without question.
Timbear
Must tell Thee again that his analysis was very good. Thanks again.
ShooterTX
Thee University said:

toughbear said:

This is the year for us to truly assess his value. We will know by October 19 in my opinion. I expect us to be 5-0 going into the OSU game in Stillwater on 10/19. Anything less than sitting at 6-0 on the morning of 10/20 will be a disappointment.

Overall I like him and his staff. Obviously he is not Art and his team projects a much different aura. Rhule's staff seems to coach and manage more like NFL than NCAA. Still not so sure this is a big deal or no deal at all. I like the fact that he spends more time and attention to defense and special teams than our previous staff.

The current Baylor rebuild is not an overnight fix and Rhule rightfully focused on OL and DL this recruiting season. I'm not currently sold on signing so many out of state players because some 18 year olds get homesick and Baylor/Waco is not like Temple or Penn State. It tells me that Rhule and his staff are committed to staying close to these kids and keeping their fingers on the pulse of the team.

Coaches, sports people and writers around the nation think the world of Matt. His assistant coaches have proven themselves worthy in college and pro football. This carries weight with recruits and should make alumni feel good about the mentoring process that extends beyond the field. This is not an in-bred staff.

The rebuild job Matt took takes time and overall he is slightly ahead of schedule given our bowl win over Vanderbilt in Year 2. I think given the predicament we found ourselves in that we got the right guy for the job and after a rough start we are on the right track.

I would love to be 6-0 in mid October, but that is asking a lot. Briles never won in Stillwater, and no one else has in the history of BU. I think if CMR wins in Stillwater.... that should be enough to shut up his critics.
ImwithBU
ShooterTX said:

Thee University said:

toughbear said:

I would love to be 6-0 in mid October, but that is asking a lot. Briles never won in Stillwater, and no one else has in the history of BU. I think if CMR wins in Stillwater.... that should be enough to shut up his critics.

Im pretty sure, We won in Stillwater with Chris Johnson as the QB...

Anyways this is the problem with most Baylor Fans. Most fail to realize how many 1st time evers/1st in decades that Briles brought to Baylor. It's comical how people try to diminish his accomplishments. How many consecutive bowl games? Heisman, Biletnikoff, multiple NFL draft picks (who cares how long they stick, High schoolers just want to know you have a path to get them there), Back to Back Big 12 championships (or co-championship for the nay sayers) and the list goes on. We had a great thing and we ruined it. Every coach from now on is going to be compared to the Briles Era, forgetting that the Briles era was the 1st era of such for most things Baylor. Sucks for Rhule, but unless he starts doing some of the things Briles accomplished or surpassing them, this fan base will remain fragmented. Im not sure what Briles did here will ever be replicated (and no morons Im not taking about the "scandal")
Thee University
ImwithBU said:

ShooterTX said:

Thee University said:

toughbear said:

Anyways this is the problem with most Baylor Fans. Most fail to realize how many 1st time evers/1st in decades that Briles brought to Baylor. It's comical how people try to diminish his accomplishments. How many consecutive bowl games? Heisman, Biletnikoff, multiple NFL draft picks (who cares how long they stick, High schoolers just want to know you have a path to get them there), Back to Back Big 12 championships (or co-championship for the nay sayers) and the list goes on. We had a great thing and we ruined it. Every coach from now on is going to be compared to the Briles Era, forgetting that the Briles era was the 1st era of such for most things Baylor. Sucks for Rhule, but unless he starts doing some of the things Briles accomplished or surpassing them, this fan base will remain fragmented. Im not sure what Briles did here will ever be replicated (and no morons Im not taking about the "scandal")
What if one of the victims was your daughter? Would you be concerned if "we ruined it"?

So far Briles and Rhule are tied after 2 years on the job. I give the nod to Rhule with a bowl game and a win in that bowl.

What Briles did here was allow rampant discipline issues fester. He let cancer go untreated. He shot from the hip. He cared not one iota about Baylor University and her future.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Malbec
Quote:

What if one of the victims was your daughter?...

Then the chances are 9 in 10 that she was assaulted by a non-athlete, and I would surely not be blaming Briles for that. Would you blame your daughter for being assaulted if she was wearing some scandalously revealing clothing? Would you blame your daughter for being assaulted if she was drinking heavily? If she went to a sketchy club with a promiscuous girlfriend in a bad part of town? If she went home with two men at 2AM? Of course you wouldn't. So, why would you ****-shame football coaches if it happened just for giving a kid a scholarship? There is one person responsible for committing sexual assault; the perpetrator.
MilliVanilli
TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

TexasScientist said:

MilliVanilli said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Caberphobia
Group is in session, justify your 4 year divorce from reality here.
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Yeah, innocent men are easily bought to be quiet and agreeing others stay quiet about them...
MrGolfguy
ShooterTX said:

Briles never won in Stillwater, and no one else has in the history of BU.
Actually, Briles won there in 2015 as did Morley Jennings in 1939.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Malbec
MrGolfguy said:

ShooterTX said:

Briles never won in Stillwater, and no one else has in the history of BU.
Actually, Briles won there in 2015 as did Morley Jennings in 1939.
Even the team that scores more points doesn't win in Stillwater. If you are in Stillwater, you already lost.
ShooterTX
ImwithBU said:

ShooterTX said:

Thee University said:

toughbear said:

I'm sorry I forgot about that game, but you really misunderstood my post.
I was not trying to diminish the achievements of Briles at all. I was saying that expecting CMR to do something in year 3 that CAB never did (my mistake) was a bit of an extreme expectation. If CMR was able to do that, then it would be an amazing accomplishment, rather than being disappointed if he didn't do it.
My point was if Rule is able to do more than Briles (again I was wrong on that), then it should be seen as a huge over achievement. If I really thought Briles was nothing, then I would think that beating Briles record would be simple. Is that clearer?
Thee University
Malbec said:

Quote:

What if one of the victims was your daughter?...

Then the chances are 9 in 10 that she was assaulted by a non-athlete, and I would surely not be blaming Briles for that. Would you blame your daughter for being assaulted if she was wearing some scandalously revealing clothing? Would you blame your daughter for being assaulted if she was drinking heavily? If she went to a sketchy club with a promiscuous girlfriend in a bad part of town? If she went home with two men at 2AM? Of course you wouldn't. So, why would you ****-shame football coaches if it happened just for giving a kid a scholarship? There is one person responsible for committing sexual assault; the perpetrator.
I will repeat. What if one of the victims was your daughter?

Who wore revealing clothing?

Who was drinking heavily?

What is a sketchy club?

Where is the bad part of town?

The coaches were responsible for bringing "bad dudes" onto campus where there were a lot of white women and those kids were told by one coach that those white women loved football players.

Art loaded the gun.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Malbec
See, here's the thing. You talk about how this forum is nothing but entertainment for you, and then you come here and say something so absurd under the guise of entertainment? You use a claim, promoted in a lawsuit pleading by the same shyster who it now appears may have had it fed to him by regents and/or PH, allegedly made by a recruit that didn't even go to Baylor; a claim that was never repeated by any other recruit or any player that actually did go to Baylor, not corroborated in any way by any other person, as the basis for saying that "Art loaded the gun?"

It is beyond preposterous that coaching is the only profession where one person is held responsible for the acts of another's reprehensible behavior, to the point of being chased with virtual pitchforks by a disconnected mob of insurrectionists to every employment offer, no matter how insignificant it is within the profession.

Have you ever seen a mob of people protesting a parole officer because a number of his supervised felons committed other felonious acts after being released from prison? If anyone knew someone was high risk wouldn't it be a parole officer? How could he/she have not kept a short enough leash on a parolee to prevent recidivism? Shouldn't they be drummed out of the profession? Aren't they putting the community at risk by not supervising obvious "bad dudes" well enough? Yes, such a suggestion is just as farcical as those surrounding Briles or any other coach who ever had a player commit a horrible act while a member of the coach's team.

It seems to me that you (and you are not alone in this state of mind) have simply decided that you can't fight the mob, and so you will look for ways to assign blame for the vile acts of a few miscreants to others whose higher public profiles can serve as an easy target for the grisly appetites of the horde. It seems there is not nearly enough satisfaction in the punishment of the actual culprit of the crime.
TexasScientist
MilliVanilli said:

Timbear said:

Yeah, innocent men are easily bought to be quiet and agreeing others stay quiet about them...
Why does your innocent BOR need to buy off anyone if they have nothing to hide? Glad you are admitting they needed to buy his silence.
ScottS
BOI not BOR
BusyTarpDuster2017
Thee University said:

Good question...

To help answer this, let's consider the case of the daughter who was a volleyball player. Mind you, this was the ONLY case the BOR offered up as an example where Art Briles "knew of a rape but didn't report it".

Of her, the volleyball coach wrote in a letter, "Because there is so much wrong information out there and Coach Briles has been accused of a cover-up, my player has fully endorsed me to make a statement. In fact she said Art Briles was a good and faithful man. She appreciated his support and she was very thankful that he kept her name out of this as well"....

You mean this daughter?

xiledinok
The naive and stupid think Briles had clean hands.
No one outside his bubble buddies want him anywhere near anything they care about (something or someone).
Let's hope he is up to the task to manage his program at Mt. Vernon without rape allegations. He failed at Baylor and his 4A stop.
IMO, the Boss Hogg in Mt. Vernon should pony up some money to buy off problems. A little pre planning to prevent piss poor performances.
Thee University
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Thee University said:

Good question...

To help answer this, let's consider the case of the daughter who was a volleyball player. Mind you, this was the ONLY case the BOR offered up as an example where Art Briles "knew of a rape but didn't report it".

Of her, the volleyball coach wrote in a letter, "Because there is so much wrong information out there and Coach Briles has been accused of a cover-up, my player has fully endorsed me to make a statement. In fact she said Art Briles was a good and faithful man. She appreciated his support and she was very thankful that he kept her name out of this as well"....

You mean this daughter?

That did not answer my question. Try again.
xiledinok
Over \ Under number of seasons it takes for Briles to start rubbing those East Texas opponents the wrong way to the point bounties are placed on his players?

My. Vernon parents,
Welcome to being the hunted. The number one goal for the defense against Briles would be to put a hit on the quarterback every play. The Qb will be at least carrying out a fake each play. Great assignment football to hit him every play.
X

i'll take by .5 seasons (5 games).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.