Trump Shot

59,666 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by boognish_bear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Good read if you are interested...

Former Navy Seal and Blackwater founder Erik Prince gave a detailed assessment of yesterday's Secret Service debacle in the wake of a failed assassination attempt on former President Trump.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/massive-secret-service-failure-led-nearly-successful-assassination-donald-trump

Quote:

The rooftop used by Crooks was a mere 140 yards away from the event with a clear line of sight to the right of Trump. Those familiar with precision shooting know that any shot within 300 yards is considered easy for a moderately trained rifleman. With the right caliber an expert can hit a torso sized target consistently at 1000 yards or more. At 140 yards any amateur should be able to hit a pie plate-sized target with little difficulty, even without a magnified optic.

The Secret Service is supposed to secure all obvious "sniper perches" well before the arrival of a protectee - Meaning, nearby rooftops and buildings are supposed to have a security presence in place along with drone surveillance. In the case of Butler, PA, this was apparently not done. SS snipers were only present on the building right behind the venue stage.

When looking at the circumstances in favor of Thomas Matthew Crooks, the identified alleged suspect in the attempted assassination of Donald Trump in Butler, PA, it's hard to see how the guy failed. Almost every Secret Service security protocol seems to have been ignored, allowing Crooks easy access to a perfect shooting position and plenty of time to acquire a bead on Trump's podium.

488yd shot by one USSS sniper which dispatched the assassin but after the assassin launched at least 5 rounds

News circulating the officer had him in sights for 3 minutes and was repeatedly told to stand down by SS ranking leadership
Has been my concern all along. Really a shame if this is the case. ROEs are straight forward.
488 yds is nearly 5 football fields. Thats not the easiest shot for most of us
The Assassin was at 488 feet, 165ish yards
488yd shot by one USSS sniper which dispatched the assassin but after the assassin launched at least 5 rounds
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Fre3dombear
Assassin said:

FLBear5630 said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Former Navy Seal and Blackwater founder Erik Prince gave a detailed assessment of yesterday's Secret Service debacle in the wake of a failed assassination attempt on former President Trump.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/massive-secret-service-failure-led-nearly-successful-assassination-donald-trump

Quote:

The rooftop used by Crooks was a mere 140 yards away from the event with a clear line of sight to the right of Trump. Those familiar with precision shooting know that any shot within 300 yards is considered easy for a moderately trained rifleman. With the right caliber an expert can hit a torso sized target consistently at 1000 yards or more. At 140 yards any amateur should be able to hit a pie plate-sized target with little difficulty, even without a magnified optic.

The Secret Service is supposed to secure all obvious "sniper perches" well before the arrival of a protectee - Meaning, nearby rooftops and buildings are supposed to have a security presence in place along with drone surveillance. In the case of Butler, PA, this was apparently not done. SS snipers were only present on the building right behind the venue stage.

When looking at the circumstances in favor of Thomas Matthew Crooks, the identified alleged suspect in the attempted assassination of Donald Trump in Butler, PA, it's hard to see how the guy failed. Almost every Secret Service security protocol seems to have been ignored, allowing Crooks easy access to a perfect shooting position and plenty of time to acquire a bead on Trump's podium.

News circulating the officer had him in sights for 3 minutes and was repeatedly told to stand down by SS ranking leadership
Has been my concern all along. Really a shame if this is the case. ROEs are straight forward.
The quote was about the Secret Service sniper

Wasn't the sniper that was finally allowed or just chose to terminate the threat right behind trump And ipso facto the same distance roughy As the would be assassin ?

Or maybe a different sniper killed him. I'd understood the guy just behind trump
4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Fre3dombear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Clarity there.

The presumptive nominee for the GOP candidate for President, as well as the man who has led the polls all year, avoids death by the happy accident of turning his head.

Even President Biden, Senator Schumer and other leading Democrats express thanks that Trump survived and further observe that political violence has no moral place in the United States.

Meanwhile, J.R. channels his 'inner host of The View' and goes off on a rant attacking Trump.

If there was any doubt that J.R. has moral rot in his heart, that last post from him made his malicious character undeniable.

God saved him by him turning to the right

We all witnessed a miracle. How does a 78 year old man survive a barrage aid bullets from the rifle of an expert marksman. Only our savior Jesus Christ

He works in mysterious ways

Anyone notice what trump said leading up to and as the bullet hit him in the head?
Where are you guys seeing expert marksman? Nothing I see on line, says he was anything but.

In addition, would an expert or skilled shooter (especially a hunter) use an AR?

Huh? A guy under pressure from 500 feet away aiming at a moving target if but for Trump turning his head at just the right moment by Divine intervention his head would have exploded like a Gallagher watermelon

You're average gun owner could pull that off in your mind apparently.

Some y'all have eyes but cannot see.
Doesn't make him an expert marksman. Maybe a marksman or someone who's practiced shooting, but not an expert. It's fortunate he wasn't one because Trump would likely be deceased.
Thank you. If that kid had any formal training, we would be talking a totally different situation. He did not have any formal military or LEO training.

Trump would be dead had he not turned his head mere microseconds before the shot was squeezed off.

But yeah, he was just a recreational shooter I'm sure.
7 or more shots, only one of which found Trump. The rest found bystanders or the seats.

I still maintain Trump was very lucky and I believe the shooter practiced his shots, but there is nothing to indicate this 20-year-old with no military training or shooting background was an expert.

Skilled, maybe. Thank God not as good as he imagined himself to be.

I dunno About any military training. Wouldn't go that far. His first shot is the one that hit trump In the ear. After that chaos ensues

I hope y'all are wrong or any ginned up lefty with a gun they hate is available to their enemies could easily assassinate trump next time from 3 football fields away.

If youve ever tried it under no duress or adrenaline, you probably know.

Regardless the left laid bare yet again for the whole world to see.

Total scum for enabling this.

Prayed thanks to God all night last night he let us witness this miracle and saved Trump from the left's assassination attempt and for the family they helped destroy of the man shot in the head protecting his young family
His first shot was the easiest as he had time to focus his aim. Follow up shots are much more difficult due to recoil recovery, target movement, etc. Once he fired initially it almost turned into a spray. Clearly not an expert by any stretch.

And not to nitpick, but it's just as possible he turned into the shot and got grazed. Ballistics investigation will determine any "miracle turn". Could have just as much been a "miracle" wind gust or shooter twitch.
A divine intervention?
Blind luck is more like it...

Who knows why things happen, too many weird things. I believe in the top theory, God spun it and let it spin. God doesn't intercede, if he does. I have a heck of a time explaining all the bad **** in the world.

no need to explain it- you are of God or of the world.. sometimes God does and sometimes the world does.. if you believe in God, he is more likely to do something but as always Gods way isnt always ypur way or to your expectations.

God could make you late for work but also keep you out of a fatal car crash at the same time.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Fre3dombear said:

Porteroso said:

BearWithMe said:

I'm just genuinely heartbroken at the current state of our society. As someone who has no political home, I consistently feel in isolation as I watch these two parties constantly elevate the tension.

What makes me so sad is that I believe that the vast majority of this country is mostly moderate people who lean more left or right, but overall want similar things, just with different routes to get there.

However, the media (specifically the National News channels and Social Media) has made Democrats believe that all Republicans are idiot gun toting Fascists, Christian Nationalists, who want women back in the kitchen. Similarly they have made Republicans believe all Democrats are Marxist baby murders who want to take away all guns, open the borders up, and let society as we know it crumble. Do these people exist? Of course, but they live on the margins.

Our government has failed us. Both parties no longer have those they represent in mind when making policy. Those in power ($$$) want us to hate eachother and fight among ourselves so that we do not hold them accountable.

How can we move forward from this? I do not know - I don't even have a remote idea. Hold your family close during this time, love on your friends and neighbors, and break bread with those who have differences in opinions.
We will either one day have a leader who both sides can respect, or we will just devolve from here. It is a shame the voters are voting for devolve, but this is a weird election. Very few times in our history has a 1 term unseated President run again with this much support. One day Trump will just be a social media account to give money to, and we will see where America wants to go. I can't wait. Until then, lots of popcorn. No point in being depressed or apathetic about the state of politics, that won't make you happy. Enjoy what can be enjoyed.

This will be impossible until the democrats reign in their propaganda which is 98% of the media.

If one can't see that, again eyes but cannot see.

It's hard for sane people to imagine a world where Desantis is a racist nut job per the media, mitt Romney is a womanizing rape enabling nut job per the media, George bush is the dumbest man in America and Hillary the smartest woman ever per the Democrat media, Donald trump is Hitler that will enslave blacks (yet blacks love him in numbers never seen before as I can attest to) put Jews in ovens and end American democracy per the media

Your fantasy can't exist when that is the Democrat talking points and media reality and just peep the headlines last night and the talking points that were leaked and how Biden can't even admit trump was attempted to be assassinated by the left

But I agree. If you can help your side fix that, it starts to approach a starting point.

Never. Gonna. Happen.
Yep, the left absolutely won't turn the rhetoric down, why should they? They own the media, they own the schools, they absolutely don't care about violence against conservatives or others. In fact their violence is just blamed on the conservatives. Honestly, progressives today are just evil, and their voters turn the other way.
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

Still a fluid information situation, but if it was a 488 yard shot from the SS sniper that is a good shot but within their normal assignment purview. My comment was toward the 3 minute delay to decide to engage. That's plenty of time for these actual elite marksman to get a bead on the target and fire.

488 feet, not yards
Assassin
Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

Still a fluid information situation, but if it was a 488 yard shot from the SS sniper that is a good shot but within their normal assignment purview. My comment was toward the 3 minute delay to decide to engage. That's plenty of time for these actual elite marksman to get a bead on the target and fire.

488 feet, not yards
If you go back and read the thread, you will see that the 488 yards is referring to the US SS sniper who took the assassin out. From 488 yards
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

This is exactly what I figured happened. The sniper could clearly see the bystanders pointing at the shooter, then had the shooter in the sight, communicated with the SS LEO in charge,, and then was told to stand down. Based on everything we saw and knew last night, that had to be the case. The sniper has radio contact and certainly would have asked what to do ... (that is unless of course he was complicit).
Jacques Strap
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/07/14/thomas-matthew-crooks-trump-shooting-suspect/

Trump rally shooter Thomas Crooks appears to have acted alone, FBI says

Quote:

Rojek identified the firearm used in the attack as an AR-style rifle chambered in 5.56 mm, a common caliber for such weapons. Authorities said it was purchased legally by the suspect's father.

Quote:

Crooks worked as a dietary aide at Bethel Park Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, the administrator of that facility said in a statement. The statement said Crooks "performed his job without concern and his background check was clean."

boognish_bear
Jacques Strap said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/07/14/thomas-matthew-crooks-trump-shooting-suspect/

Quote:

Rojek identified the firearm used in the attack as an AR-style rifle chambered in 5.56 mm, a common caliber for such weapons. Authorities said it was purchased legally by the suspect's father.

I will be curious to hear what this kid's past was and if dad would have had some red flags to know this is not a kid that needs a gun.

I know that now in some of the school shootings they are holding the parents accountable as well. But this kid was over 18 so that probably would not be in play.
Osodecentx
Assassin said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

488 feet, not yards
If you go back and read the thread, you will see that the 488 yards is referring to the US SS sniper who took the assassin out. From 488 yards
Could you highlight the reference? The only reference I see to 488 yards is yours.
I've seen pictures of a sniper on a roof behind Trump (over his right shoulder) looking out in the same direction as the shooter.
KaiBear
boognish_bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

I will be curious to hear what this kid's past was and if dad would have had some red flags to know this is not a kid that needs a gun.

I know that now in some of the school shootings they are holding the parents accountable as well. But this kid was over 18 so that probably would not be in play.

The kid was 20 years old.

US army sniper schools are loaded with such 'kids'.
Doc Holliday
Assassin
Osodecentx said:

Assassin said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

488 feet, not yards
Could you highlight the reference? The only reference I see to 488 yards is yours.
I've seen pictures of a sniper on a roof behind Trump (over his right shoulder) looking out in the same direction as the shooter.
Assassin said:

488yd shot by one USSS sniper which dispatched the assassin but after the assassin launched at least 5 round

(I copied and pasted this exact quote off CNN or ABC or MSNBC, dont know which)
KaiBear
Sorry Doc

The Dems are far from screwed .

30% of Americans believe all the Trump nonsense and a significant percentage of them want the guy 'eliminated'.

Another 20% of Americans don't give a **** either way.

The last 50% will cast their vote in November based on whoever is running against Trump in October's debate .

But Biden now is certainly finished .
Oldbear83
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I replied to an asinine post
No, you did not like a post and decided it was time for Asinine Man (you) to make the scene.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
boognish_bear
https://apnews.com/article/trump-rally-assassination-attempt-db24c5bfbbe7d09fa2437c3c836bb434

Not long before shots rang out, rallygoers noticed a man climbing to the roof of a nearby building and warned local police, according to two law enforcement officials.

One local police officer climbed to the roof and encountered Crooks, who pointed his rifle at the officer. The officer retreated down the ladder, and Crooks quickly took a shot toward Trump, and that's when Secret Service snipers shot him, said the officials, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

The officials also told AP that bomb-making materials were found inside Crooks' vehicle, and bomb-making materials were found at his home. Officials described the devices as "rudimentary."

Investigators believe the weapon Crooks used was purchased by his father at least six months ago, the law enforcement officials said. Federal agents were still working to understand when and how his son obtained the gun and to gather additional information about Crooks, according to the officials.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
KaiBear said:

Sorry Doc

30% of Americans believe all the Trump nonsense and a significant percentage of them want the guy 'eliminated'.

The last 50% will cast their vote in November based on whoever is running against Trump in October's debate .

You left out ballot stuffing. They still have that in swing states.
Osodecentx
Assassin said:

Osodecentx said:

Assassin said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

488 feet, not yards
Assassin said:

488yd shot by one USSS sniper which dispatched the assassin but after the assassin launched at least 5 round

(I copied and pasted this exact quote off CNN or ABC or MSNBC, dont know which)
Thanks. If you come across it again, please post
Assassin
KaiBear said:

Sorry Doc

Kinda surprised at that take considering how bad the polls were for every single Dem challenger BEFORE this happened. This assassination attempt only drove those polls apart. We are no longer a 50-50 country despite the one sided media
Assassin
Assassin
For those interested, a Go Fund Me for the victims. I dont verify it being kosher or not kosher;

https://www.gofundme.com/f/president-trump-seeks-support-for-butler-pa-victims

Assassin
Assassin said:

Osodecentx said:

Assassin said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

488 feet, not yards
Just saw a map of where the SS Sniper was, I tend to agree with you now. The previous sniper reference had a building much further away

Osodecentx
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Osodecentx said:

Assassin said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

488 feet, not yards
Just saw a map of where the SS Sniper was, I tend to agree with you now. The previous sniper reference had a building much further away

Good to see you back on the P&R circuit
Assassin
Osodecentx said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Osodecentx said:

Assassin said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

488 feet, not yards

Good to see you back on the P&R circuit
I've quite literally been away for several years. Avoided politics in all parts of my life with dang near 100% accuracy. This assassination brought me back for a bit. Maybe longer.
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
Assassin said:

FLBear5630 said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

Got it.
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

boognish_bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

He wasn't a reservist or had active duty from what they are reporting. But you are right, most of the people going through military schools are under 25
boognish_bear
Assassin
FLBear5630 said:

Assassin said:

FLBear5630 said:

Assassin said:

ATL Bear said:

Fre3dombear said:

Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

Got it.
Saw a map where the SS sniper was, no way it was 488 yards. Looked maybe 10-15 yds longer than the assassins. I did copy and paste that comment, but it was incorrect.
Oldbear83
Spoke with some LEO friends, and was reminded of something:

You may recall that the Bush family lived in Houston, and spent quite a bit of time out & about, which was a fair bit of work for the USSS detail. they told me two things of note:

1. Local/County/State LEO are on a different band from the USSS coms. That is, the Secret Service has an agent monitoring nominal police radio, but the primary detail has their own coms. That means since witnesses has noted that they reported seeing a man on the roof to police but not USSS agents (Service detail people have specific assignments and do not speak with the public), the detail would only be made aware of a man on the roof if police made comment on their band about it, and LEO may have initially believed the Service had already cleared the skyline and anyone on the roof was just an undercover agent;

2. This was the first active shooter targeting a President-level primary in decades, and the detail's reaction showed emotion and delayed response. At best, the detail had not practiced this kind of scenario and at worst, there were agents in the detail who simply should not have had that role. The officers I spoke with explained that they did not want to judge, but for a long time the USSS preferred agents with combat military experience or actual gunfire experience. That policy has changed, but the officers did not feel comfortable nailing down when that changed. One man reminded me of the Service agent who was cut off from President Bush while accompanying him in Russia back in November of 2004; things like that happen but are not usually made public the way yesterday's missteps were obvious.

Osodecentx
When President Ronald Reagan was shot by an attention-seeking drifter in 1981, the country united behind its injured leader. The teary-eyed Democratic speaker of the House, Thomas P. O'Neill Jr., went to the hospital room of the Republican president, held his hands, kissed his head and got on his knees to pray for him.

But the assassination attempt against former President Donald J. Trump seems more likely to tear America further apart than to bring it together. Within minutes of the shooting, the air was filled with anger, bitterness, suspicion and recrimination. Fingers were pointed, conspiracy theories advanced and a country already bristling with animosity fractured even more.
Jack Bauer
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

boognish_bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

He wasn't a reservist or had active duty from what they are reporting. But you are right, most of the people going through military schools are under 25

Understood

Merely pointing out no 20 year old is a kid.

Especially with an AR in his hands .
Oldbear83
When Reagan was shot, the media did not deny it was an assassination attempt and the Democrats did not call it "staged".

Democrats in 1981 had not spent literally years suggesting that violence against Republicans in general and Reagan in specific would be a good thing.

Blaming both sides now is as dishonest as saying 'Trump was injured in an 'incident' '.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.