Trump Shot

59,413 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She's too stupid to understand what just happened. But she is a good looker
Kamala Harris: Lina Hidalgo on steroids.
william
... and if you look even closererer, you'll see a babushka (in mauve) carrying an umbrella in one hand and the maltese falcon in the other.

COINKY-DINKY???

- KKM

PA.
pro ecclesia, pro javelina
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer said:

Get your tinfoil hats on

This event will provide fodder for conspiracy theorists for decades....
Jack Bauer
whiterock
ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

There is no explanation for why there were no SS teams occupying the roof of the building the shooter used. It's a textbook spot an assassin could have used to execute a shot. It's so obvious. When doing the site survey.....look at a map, look at satellite imagery.....and that leaps out to the eye as the most obvious place to secure. Not just as a theoretical or a potential, not a suitable spot, but a PERFECT spot. CLOSE IN. GOOD ANGLE.

Digging deeper.....

Every terrorist act starts with a casing. The tangos are going to do their own site survey. They'll look at the maps. They'll form to tentative plans. Then they'll do a walk thru. They have to know what obstacles they might face on the way in, while there, on the way out. This kid didn't load up in the car and go sit in traffic until he could wander around and find a place to use. He left his home, armed, knowing exactly where he had to get to to take the shot....how to ingress without being noticed.....how to evade security perimeters, how to evade counter-surveillance, etc.... He did all that without being spotted by SS. He did the casing. He did the ingress. And he got in position to squeeze off a round.

The counter-terror imperative is to spot the planning, the casing, the preparations, the ingress.
Saying the SS failed on this one is a profound understatement. It's inexplicable how they could have not had a counter-sniper team posted at the spot the shooter used.

The agents on scene were heros. But the heroism does not excuse the catastrophic failure of planning, preparation, and execution of sound defense of the protectee. SS must separate leadership from service over this.

This will be investigated and critical blunders will be exposed. My only comment is that when covering a large open outdoor area like this they don't typically put snipers in every position, only positions that serve as overwatches for all or most potential threat areas. So not having someone on the building isn't the failure from my perspective. Failing to manage ingress, either physical or surveillance, slow decision making, failed coordination with proximity support (the agents closest to Trump) and local law enforcement likely covering the area in question, and the most impactful and potentially scandalous one is, given the size of Trump events, how did the denial of additional resources sufficient to better secure him play into the failings. That last one gets the Director canned and puts culpability on some Congress people.

But I am confounded how the sniper team appeared to have the perpetrator in their LOS yet didn't fire until after he had. ROE is pretty clear on that. The entire exchange was 10 seconds from first shot to downed shooter. That doesn't happen unless there's already active engagement. And I'm assuming it was that team that killed the shooter and not some other team. Absolutely inconceivable.
They didn't have to put a sniper team on that building. A couple of local cops would have been sufficient.

The point is to spot the most obvious positions which threaten the protectee, then deny possession of those positions to any adversary. Make an adversary shoot his way into position, thereby revealing himself. That gives time to get the protectee covered and exfil'd before the adversary can secure the position and project his threat downrange. There are several reports that a police office climbed a ladder, saw the perp, then scampered down the ladder when the perp pointed his rifle at him. If only that cop had fired off a round.....just ONE......immediate action drills commence and Trump is covered up before the perp can get reconfigured to squeeze off a round.

I'm neither a swat guy nor a sniper by trade, but presidential protection training is typically a CIA mission done with covert action funds in third world countries, so I have managed some "stuff.' The oversight here is so glaring. How on earth could they have left that rooftop unaddressed in their planning.......it's like choosing to build a fire next to the fuel storage tanks. WTH were they thinking?

whiterock
Trump indicted for inciting assassination attempt

"U.S. Former President has been indicted by a federal judge in Pennsylvania for inciting an assassination attempt that nearly killed him.

"Trump is clearly at fault for someone attempting to murder him with a rifle," said Judge Paul Stephenson. "He brought this on himself, and we will ensure justice is done."

According to sources, the motion to indict Trump was filed roughly thirty seconds after the failed assassination attempt. "It was obvious by that point that Trump had caused a man to fire several bullets at him," said District Attorney Jan Marsh. "If Trump were not literally Hitler, no one would have tried to kill him in the first place. It's time we in the legal system go after Hitler and not the people trying to murder Hitler."

At publishing time, Trump had been indicted again for Secret Service shooting the would-be assassin."

https://cl.babylonbee.com/c/7/eyJhaSI6OTM0MDM5NzAsImUiOiJsYWtlYWlyNUBhb2wuY29tIiwicmkiOiIxMzQzMzAwNzMzIiwicnEiOiIwMi1iMjQxOTctMGRiMmQyODFiYTFlNGRkOWI5ODM2MGUzODU4Mzk5NzgiLCJwaCI6bnVsbCwibSI6ZmFsc2UsInVpIjoiIiwidW4iOiIiLCJ1IjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9iYWJ5bG9uYmVlLmNvbS9uZXdzL3RydW1wLWluZGljdGVkLWZvci1pbmNpdGluZy1hc3Nhc3NpbmF0aW9uLWF0dGVtcHQ_dXRtX3NvdXJjZT1UaGUlMjBCYWJ5bG9uJTIwQmVlJTIwTmV3c2xldHRlciZ1dG1fbWVkaXVtPWVtYWlsIn0/iaZtZRVxVdr3D04zq9-62w
boognish_bear
Time to point fingers

boognish_bear
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear said:

Time to point fingers

Time to update the meme with PA State Police as well

boognish_bear
OsoCoreyell
boognish_bear said:

I'm not saying the SS covered themselves in glory here, but the reason the civilians spotted the guy first is that there are a lot more civilians than SS and always will be.
OsoCoreyell
Amazing how many people's first rection was to get out their phones instead of hitting the deck.
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear
Redbrickbear said:

I'm not one prone to go down rabbit holes....but the no social media footprint for this dude seems really odd
Assassin
boognish_bear said:

Redbrickbear said:

I'm not one prone to go down rabbit holes....but the no social media footprint for this dude seems really odd
At least no social media anymore... wink wink, nod nod...
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
So much for lowering the flames. Here is the best example of where we are today as a nation.

Assassin
They just reported that the CIA has cracked the assassin's cell phone. Nothing yet, but given how little we know about him, anything could be interesting
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Aliceinbubbleland
And another brilliant move GOP.

Redbrickbear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

It's amazing they no one prints out their speeches anymore.

Everyone just completely relies on electronic devices

I mean we all know they read from preprepared speeches....just keep a physical copy in your pocket in case of things like this...
Assassin
Redbrickbear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

It's amazing they no one prints out their speeches anymore.

Everyone just completely relies on electronic devices

I mean we all know they read from preprepared speeches....just keep a physical copy in your pocket in case of things like this...
Or better yet, know what the hell you're gonna talk about!
Jack Bauer
"Republicans pounce on assassination attempt..."

Fre3dombear
Jack Bauer said:

Poor bill. 9 years or calling him and his voters Hitler and threats to democracy

They should have been more patient and understanding after that led to trump taking a bullet.

Meanwhile your guy can't sit in a bike or Navigate a stage or a flight of stairs and has financially ruined the vast majority of Americans struggling to afford living expenses.
boognish_bear
GrowlTowel
Aliceinbubbleland said:

So much for lowering the flames. Here is the best example of where we are today as a nation.

Could not agree more. That Elvis guy is a complete whack job.

Aliceinbubbleland
Uh. It wasn't just Bill. This man has no backbone whatsoever and is undeserving of office.

Aliceinbubbleland
and where did you serve other than in the law library?
Jack Bauer
Kamala straight up called Biden a racist at the Dem debate...then took the VP position.

you guys do understand how politics work, right?
ATL Bear
Jack Bauer said:

Because Democrats have never taken advantage of violence to use as a battering against Republicans. They'd never use something like a police shooting, or a mass shooting, or a riot…
Fre3dombear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Uh. It wasn't just Bill. This man has no backbone whatsoever and is undeserving of office.

Republicans were calling trump Hitler for 9+ years and threat to democracy whatever that means to you (we know) ?

Mmmmk

Jd Vance incited a trump Assassin everyone. They better check him for weapons when he sits next to trump

Now post the video of slave owner lineage Harris calling Biden the racist he is and then defending him in her special language she speaks.
ATL Bear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Idiots are going to idiot.
Assassin
Forgot how much I missed this page during my 4 year political sabbatical...
Aliceinbubbleland
Welcome back to Fox News
The_barBEARian
Aliceinbubbleland said:

and where did you serve other than in the law library?

We have had an all volunteer military since 1973. So unless you were Vietnam or earlier you can not demand respect and veneration bcs you volunteered to join the military...

That said, unlike Iraq at least Afganistan was a justified conflict even if it was incompetently executed.
Aliceinbubbleland
I was and I don't hold that standard to anyone. I was just saying someone who takes a shot at someone who served is going to get a shoutout back from me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.