Asteroid Countdown

48,187 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
c|

Sigh, not to be reunited for another 2789 days.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
SMack
2,787 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
302 days until phuubhar's big day, and 2,785 days until he leaves Earth.
fubar
2,785 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity. Hopefully missing a day doesn't $%#! everything.

I did buy a trailer hitch for the spaceship yesterday, if that helps anything.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
SMack
2,784 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

299 days until foohbarr's big day, and 2,782 days until he leaves Earth.

What's the ball size?
quash
SMack said:

What's the ball size?

Now? Or in 2784 days?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
SMack
quash said:

SMack said:

What's the ball size?

Now? Or in 2784 days?

It will really apply when foobargh goes to Mars, so 2,781 days, since it's now after midnight.

2,783 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity. 298 days until Mr. Foobargh gets his wish.
SMack
2,782 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

297 days until phubarr's big day, and 2,780 days until he leaves Earth.
fubar
Just so you all know, I'm inviting Phoebe Cates to the escape to Mars. The &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity trumps any restraining order.
fubar
And the ball size (for the trailer hitch, though I might not make this distinction crystal clear to Phoebe) is 3". We have a lot of sardines and wine to haul.
SMack
2,781 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

296 days until foobaarr's big day, and 2,779 days until he and his 3-inch balls go to Mars with Phoebe Cates.
SMack
I'm just thinking in print here, but Mars may not be a very good option.

Earth has a pretty big moon which can attract some space debris away from the planet. Of course, Mars has two, but they're pretty puny and offer little protection.

Secondly, that Martian atmosphere barely exists, so even little meteors can make it to the surface without burning up.

If you're going there, it may be like going from the frying pan and into the fire. Or, as we like to say around here, from Roberts to Steele.

Anyway, you might want to build an anti-vaporizing dome when you get there.
quash
SMack said:

I'm just thinking in print here, but Mars may not be a very good option.

Earth has a pretty big moon which can attract some space debris away from the planet. Of course, Mars has two, but they're pretty puny and offer little protection.

Secondly, that Martian atmosphere barely exists, so even little meteors can make it to the surface without burning up.

If you're going there, it may be like going from the frying pan and into the fire. Or, as we like to say around here, from Roberts to Steele.

Anyway, you might want to build an anti-vaporizing dome when you get there.
Mars has caves. Needs wimmin.
SMack
I didn't know about the caves.

There may already be some vaporizing-resistant buildings there. The civilization that built all those canals may have left some structures that would work.

I am aware of the wimmin shortage.
quash
SMack said:

I didn't know about the caves.

There may already be some vaporizing-resistant buildings there. The civilization that built all those canals may have left some structures that would work.

I am aware of the wimmin shortage.
No such buildings over the Face on Mars: Obama guided some assterhoids in there and changed it to a random hill.
fubar
It would've been nice to have known all this stuff *before* I invested in a trailer hitch.

Obama. Sheesh. He is NOT invited.
SMack
fubar said:

It would've been nice to have known all this stuff *before* I invested in a trailer hitch.

Obama. Sheesh. He is NOT invited.

You just need a bigger trailer. And balls.
SMack
2,780 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

295 days until phubhar's big day, and 2,778 days until he and his 3-inch balls go to Mars with Phoebe Cates.
fubar
It's another of those days.

2,779 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

294 days until we invade that other thread. 2,777 days until Phoebe Cates and I (and whoever else fits) slip the surly bonds of Earth..
SMack
"We", paleface?
fubar
The royal we, even though I don't assume any title until we reach Mars.

You got me on that one.
SMack
2,778 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

293 days until His Royal High Excellency Fubar the First, the Most Majestic Emperor of the Martian Monarchy gets His thrill from that other thread, and 2,776 days until He and Phoebe Cates leave for Mars to establish their sovereign domain.
SMack
2,777 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

292 days until His Royal High Excellency Fubar the First, the Most Ballsy and Majestic Emperor of the Martian Monarchy gets His thrill from that other thread, and 2,775 days until He and Phoebe Cates leave for Mars to establish their sovereign domain.
SMack
2,776 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

291 days until His Royal High Excellency Fubar the First, the Majestic Ballsy Emperor of the Martian Monarchy gets His thrill from that other thread, and 2,774 days until He and Phoebe Cates hitch a ride to Mars and establish their sovereign domain.
SMack
2,775 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

290 days until His Royal High Excellency Fubar the First, the Majestic Ballsy Emperor of the Martian Monarchy gets His thrill from that other thread, and 2,773 days until He and Phoebe Cates hitch a ride to Mars and establish their sovereign domain.
SMack
2,774 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

289 days until His Royal High Excellency Fubar the First, the Majestic Ballsy Emperor of the Martian Monarchy commandeers that other thread, and 2,772 days until He and Phoebe Cates hitch a ride to Mars and establish their sovereign domain.
SMack
FYI, Her Highness Phoebe Cates has been not 53 for 837 days.
SMack
2,773 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

288 days until His Royal High Excellency Fubar the First, the Majestic Ballsy Emperor of the Martian Monarchy commandeers that other thread, and 2,771 days until He and Phoebe Cates hitch a ride to Mars and establish their sovereign domain.
Day 838 of Phoebe Cates being Not 53.

SMack
2,772 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

287 days until His Royal High Excellency Fubar the First, the Majestic Ballsy Emperor of the Martian Monarchy commandeers that other thread, and 2,770 days until He and Phoebe Cates hitch a ride to Mars and establish their sovereign domain.
Day 839 of Phoebe Cates being Not 53.
SMack
2,771 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

286 days until His Royal High Excellency Fubar the First, the Majestic Ballsy Emperor of the Martian Monarchy commandeers that other thread, and 2,769 days until He and Phoebe Cates hitch a ride to Mars and establish their sovereign domain.
Day 840 of Phoebe Cates being Not 53.
fubar
To give you some idea, if we were to compress the universe into a map the size of earth, this sucker is about as close to earth as Collins is to Kokernot. And it's only gonna get closer.

Invest in trailer hitches while you can.
quash
fubar said:

To give you some idea, if we were to compress the universe into a map the size of earth, this sucker is about as close to earth as Collins is to Kokernot. And it's only gonna get closer.

Invest in trailer hitches while you can.
Well, that is gonna cause havoc with the third and fourth holes on the Frisbee golf course. Hasbro needs to work on a gravity compensation gizmo before then.
SMack
So Collins is going to get closer to Kokernot?

I don't understand the physics, but I trust you. Will that compression put my vaporizing-resistant dome at risk?
SMack
2,769 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

284 days until His Royal High Excellency Fubar the First, the Majestic Ballsy Emperor of the Martian Monarchy commandeers that other thread, and 2,767 days until He and Phoebe Cates hitch a ride to Mars and establish their sovereign domain.
Day 842 of Phoebe Cates being Not 53.

By the way, that other thread is super lame. They just talk about the past, and here, we like talk about the future and stuff, man.
fubar
2,767 days.

This will probably come as a shock, but the imminent &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity does NOT trump a restraining order. At least not in the Kangaroo Court in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. I tried to explain to Judge Judy -- whatever his real name is, he didn't like it when I called him that -- that Phoebe and I were headed to Mars to save humanity. That I had a REALLY big ball. That I had plenty of sardines and boxed wine to survive. And not just enough for Phoebe and I to survive, but a lot of other Baylor fans to make Mars safe. That College Station was screwed. (Judge Judy did agree with me on that part.)

I will be a guest of the New York City Crossbar Hotel for a week. Plus a day for every time I called his honor "Judge Judy," which I think is four more days. Hopefully they get some Arby's once in awhile.

&#%^! or #&@! See you guys soon.
SMack
You should have called me. I'm sure if I could have spoken to Judge Judy it would have helped.

If you'd like, I can contact him next week.

He could probably be swayed by a few gross sardine cans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.