Asteroid Countdown

48,845 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
SMack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am disappoint.
SMack
2,485 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

243 days since it was first noted that Pablo Fanque forgot to worry about our impending doom.
Day 176 of SMack's concern over Pablo's lack of worry.
Day 175 of Quash's distress about SMack's concern over Pablo's lack of worry.
Day 165 of Jokerman's dreamy fantasies of Marsha Warfield.
Marsha Warfield has been Not 53 for 4,547 days.
2,483 days until His Royal Absent Excellency Fubar the First, the Ballsy Emperor of the Martian Monarchy and Phoebe Cates hitch a ride to Mars and establish their sovereign domain.
Day 1,127 of Ms. Cates being Not 53.
One day closer to the Nibiru calamity.
3,331 days until Coach Aranda turns 53.
BU84BEAR has been Not 53 for 1,411 days.
158 days since Pablo Fanque said he wanted a revolution. Well, you know we all want to change the world.

Marsha Warfield Visitor Center Fund:
USD: $14,117.53
Box Tops: 4
SMack
RIP fubar?
Jokerman
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1325335/ufo-sighting-iss-ivan-vagner-ufo-aurora-spacex-starlink

Um ... Bruce Willis and a motley collection of rowdy roughnecks, perhaps?
Should we be concerned?
Should we retire to the Visitors Center?
fubar
It's been awhile. I probably need to explain some things.

This whole dust up with Phoebe Cates has caused some ... issues. I got hauled in before this so-called judge, who didn't like me calling her a "so-called judge." That got me 48 hours in the Merriam jail. Anyhow, she started going on about my ignoring her so-called Restraining Order, which got me another 72 hours. I asked, very lawyer-like, if her so-called edicts were to run concurrently or consecutively. At this point, she added another 96 hours and almost shouted "CONSECUTIVELY!"

If you're counting, I was up to 216 hours. It got worse.

So the so-called judge (another 120 hours) started babbling (add another 144 hours) about how her so-called order (you probably can guess what happened then) applied to our planned trip to Mars to save the Human Race. I said, very calmly, mind you, that she lacked jurisdiction on Mars. (I didn't have time, at least not until serving those hours, to check for Supreme Court precedent on this. You might be surprised how little precedent there is when it comes to Mars. There is a LOT more now, however, and it's not good for my case. Not at all.)

At this point, she added more so-called (yep, even more) hours to my time, so I asked if I might get time off for good behavior. She droned on (still more hours) about having a difficult time seeing my sorry *** being able to stay out of trouble. I took offense to that -- who wouldn't -- and asked how she knew my *** was "sorry" if she hadn't been checking it out, and how in the world could she use a word like "***" in her so-called court?

You know what happened then.

My last shot was telling her that I knew people in high places that were setting up the "Free fubar Fund," but apparently SMack took the trailer hitch money and used it on something frivolous.

Anyhow, so not gonna go into details, but the fascists denied my good time early out because I was using my plastic fork to etch into the wall how many asteroid days were left.

That leaves me even now not sure how much time we got left to save humanity.

P.S. We still got Beverly and Rhonda on board!

P.P.S. The Merriam jail food sucks.

P.P.P.S. Glad to be back. How many days left?
SMack
I don't see how a Marsha Warfield portrait would be considered "frivolous".
SMack
2,449 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

279 days since it was first noted that Pablo Fanque forgot to worry about our impending doom.
Day 212 of SMack's concern over Pablo's lack of worry.
Day 211 of Quash's distress about SMack's concern over Pablo's lack of worry.
Day 201 of Jokerman's dreamy fantasies of Marsha Warfield.
Marsha Warfield has been Not 53 for 4,583 days.
2,447 days until His Royal Absent Excellency Fubar the First, the Ballsy Emperor of the Martian Monarchy and Phoebe Cates hitch a ride to Mars and establish their sovereign domain.
Day 1,163 of Ms. Cates being Not 53.
3,295 days until Coach Aranda turns 53.
BU84BEAR has been Not 53 for 1,447 days.
194 days since Pablo Fanque said he wanted a revolution. Well, you know we all want to change the world.

USD: $9,017.53
quash
$5k missing, somebody see if SMack has a new to him van.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
SMack
quash said:

$5k missing, somebody see if SMack has a new to him van.
Well, uh, no, I don't have a van. But, you know, I got expenses and stuff. I did have to replace my status-symbol car because I need something more practical, especially as we enter the next phase of construction.

And we had to get a new portrait of Marsh Warfield painted, and that ain't cheap.

Anyway, here's today's countdown update:

2,447 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

281 days since it was first noted that Pablo Fanque forgot to worry about our impending doom.
Day 214 of SMack's concern over Pablo's lack of worry.
Day 213 of Quash's distress about SMack's concern over Pablo's lack of worry.
Day 203 of Jokerman's dreamy fantasies of Marsha Warfield.
Marsha Warfield has been Not 53 for 4,585 days.
2,445 days until His Royal Absent Excellency Fubar the First, the Ballsy Emperor of the Martian Monarchy and Phoebe Cates hitch a ride to Mars and establish their sovereign domain.
Day 1,165 of Ms. Cates being Not 53.
3,293 days until Coach Aranda turns 53.
BU84BEAR has been Not 53 for 1,449 days.
196 days since Pablo Fanque said he wanted a revolution. Well, you know we all want to change the world.

USD: $9,017.54
BU84BEAR
This article says a bus sized asteroid is going to pass between manmade satellites and the earth tomorrow, and then again in 2041.

I hope the scientists who calculated this asteroid's path are not graduates of Texas A&M, or we may be screwed.

I will give SMack a pass (a really close one, like the asteroid) for not starting a countdown for it earlier. After all, it was only recently discovered.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/bus-size-asteroid-to-zoom-by-earth-ducking-below-satellites/ar-BB19ltCy?ocid=msedgdhp

Note that there is a distinct possibility that some man made satellite may be Quashed. Especially, if it has appendages the size of Marsha Warfield's (arms).

fubar
I hope this new devilment misses. The trailer hitches aren't in place, and the sardines don't smell so good.
SMack
"bus-size"

Don't make me laugh.
BU84BEAR
Missed again.
BU84BEAR
Missed again.
BU84BEAR
Missed again.
BU84BEAR
The asteroid missed, I missed Marsha Warfield, and I missed the trash guys before I could get the expired Sardines and box tops that got thrown out.

Or, technology fooled me again. You be the judge.
Jokerman
quash
Ivy Square, many quarters.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
fubar
quash said:

I was the freshman waiting on you to give up.
Oldbear83
fubar said:

quash said:

Depending on the year, I may have been the night manager hoping I could close the place before 1 AM. Some of the players stayed for hours on one quarter.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
fubar
Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

quash said:

Depending on the year, I may have been the night manager hoping I could close the place before 1 AM. Some of the players stayed for hours on one quarter.
Many hours on one quarter would've been me at the Golden Cue playing Ms. Pac Man. Bob wouldn't let me start after a certain time.

Asteroids back then sucked up my quarters faster than this disaster-in-waiting messes up my sardine supply.
SMack
At least SOMEBODY is doing something about these killer asteroids:

https://singularityhub.com/2020/09/27/the-worlds-space-agencies-are-on-a-quest-to-deflect-an-asteroid/
BU84BEAR
Baylor University discovers that one less meteor has struck earth than originally thought.

https://www.baylor.edu/mediacommunications/news.php?action=story&story=219716
quash
OSIRIS REx gonna go set some asteroid chunks.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/10/14/1010397/nasa-spacecraft-osiris-rex-scoop-up-asteroid-rubble-sample-return-bennu/
fubar
quash said:

OSIRIS REx gonna go set some asteroid chunks.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/10/14/1010397/nasa-spacecraft-osiris-rex-scoop-up-asteroid-rubble-sample-return-bennu/
Things like THIS are how you know government spending is outta control. They could just wait ____ days (I lost track of how many to go), then they have all the asteroid rubble they'd ever want ... for FREE.
Jokerman
One thing you can never wait to do is scoop up the fabulousness of Marsha Warfield! I'd not wait more than ___ days, that's for dang sure!
BU84BEAR

The Sun -

Inauguration Day asteroids: FOUR space rocks to make 'close approach' as Trump hands presidency over to Biden

FIRE AND FURY Inauguration Day asteroids: FOUR space rocks to make 'close approach' as Trump hands presidency over to Biden

Charlotte Edwards, Digital Technology and Science Reporter

11:42 ET, Jan 18 2021

FOUR near Earth asteroids will be making a close approach to Earth on the same day Joe Biden is set to become the 46th President of the US.

Nasa has its eye on the space rocks that will be skimming past Earth on Wednesday, January 20.

The largest of the space rocks is called Asteroid 2021 BL.

Nasa estimates it could be up to 302 foot in diameter, which would make it almost as big as the Statue of Liberty.

That asteroid should be skimming past Earth last at around 19:47 UTC.

It will be travelling at around 29,000 miles per hour and could come around 600,000 miles away from Earth, according to Nasa's estimates.

The asteroids aren't expected to collide with EarthCredit: Getty - Contributor

In the grand scheme of space this isn't a large distance at all, so the US space agency has flagged it as a "close approach".

Any fast moving space object that comes within around 4.65 million miles is considered to be "potentially hazardous" by cautious space organisations.

The smallest of the four asteroids is called Asteroid 2021 BL.

It could be up to 118 foot and will be closest to Earth in the early hours of January 20.

The space rock should be around 1 million miles away from Earth at its closest approach.

It's also expected to travel at around 29,000 miles per hour.

The other two asteroids Nasa will have its eye on during the highly anticipated inauguration day are called Asteroid 2021 BS and Asteroid 2021 AC6.

They could be up to 151 foot and 174 foot respectively.

The larger of the two should shoot past Earth first at around 08:13.

It will be around 1.8 million miles from Earth and travelling at just over 30,000 miles per hour.

Asteroid 2021 BS will follow in the early afternoon with speeds of 25,000 miles per hour.

It should be the asteroid that stays the furthest away from our planet at 3.6 million miles away.

None of the asteroids are expected to collide with Earth.

What's the difference between an asteroid, meteor and comet?

Here's what you need to know, according to Nasa...

Asteroid: An asteroid is a small rocky body that orbits the Sun. Most are found in the asteroid belt (between Mars and Jupiter) but they can be found anywhere (including in a path that can impact Earth)Meteoroid: When two asteroids hit each other, the small chunks that break off are called meteoroidsMeteor: If a meteoroid enters the Earth's atmosphere, it begins to vapourise and then becomes a meteor. On Earth, it'll look like a streak of light in the sky, because the rock is burning upMeteorite: If a meteoroid doesn't vapourise completely and survives the trip through Earth's atmosphere, it can land on the Earth. At that point, it becomes a meteoriteComet: Like asteroids, a comet orbits the Sun. However rather than being made mostly of rock, a comet contains lots of ice and gas, which can result in amazing tails forming behind them (thanks to the ice and dust vapourising)

MOST READ IN SCIENCE

KILLER COINAssassins being paid 'anonymous' Bitcoin online to commit murder, Russia warns

DEAD CREEPY50 'cursed' sarcophagi and Book of the DEAD found in ancient Egyptian temple

1 / 3

In other space news, a Harvard professor has claimed a mysterious space object that flashed past Earth in 2017 is evidence of intelligent alien life.

Britain's first bid to track down ET will listen for sounds from alien industry or mining.

And, a planet orbiting a star in a triple-sun system has been discovered by Nasa.

What do you think of these asteroids? Let us know in the comments...

Comment now

Jokerman

Guess who's birthday it is today?
Guess who's wedding anniversary is today?
Let's just say Mrs. Jokerman and I will be having a Marsha-themed anniversary soiree and related activities and such.
quash
Did 2020 not count in the countdown?
Jokerman
Um...

https://www.joemygod.com/2021/04/jim-bakker-guest-an-asteroid-will-strike-earth-in-2029-unleashing-an-alien-virus-that-will-bring-the-antichrist/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=84f25b358e46b00183c925eedb03ff180b322f8c-1617938871-0-AWWfR5nSGjInW4cmIXGp9YGfW4au3qYZTjoaZPD_ItsK-GJS_K72JMySoAz56pSplnEBzs_kkYYx68MxhYTIKY49lxUYS4IfOVvEmzMAh4hdwGn9epM3e0TJtOAgYyGWhb3MLvAThsI5gXV8MlK6LHGOUVdBwvgtZrMVPLeElUp9XQG1xDkIMtOvmQMyFzBt4m4bl1S8j1JZmvfsXa2aAF4QO7msw9WKclWhonZXtxwX7MvBP--DF_QiHF28T2doOGK5vOwXG3GwVv_hZdZzDS3qcc-5q3rT5sIB_xfT_GdMo3bNgktvnEvZihLvILGsRdRuHeUvqIBIcblaR13entvcIOGa4DDz15U8b4R7rZ_vf4i4Fx0NtSmAPH5itSnpSMavBcxqJinIxSnYfZvP6M1Pxw2exEtKb0idfdMdRlP_Yo3JK63W4h-tWgWhtAaEvihuGmQ8ZYhg0UDFVGOEiyVx5qkX3yI4XAkYwzszVg7h6l7kzoMmKrDTIwMRwA_HTlDp0-LtsqrtzjOg9nhA7Gu7L149AnFzSy01tpCnx1o3
quash
No longer worried: I got vaxxed.
SMack
This seems relevant.

https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-survive-a-killer-asteroid/
quash
SMack said:

This seems relevant.

Fake news, doesn't even mention sardines or wine.
SMack
quash said:

SMack said:

This seems relevant.

Fake news, doesn't even mention sardines or wine.

Or asteroid-resistant domes.
Jokerman
... Or Marsha Warfield, bodangit!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.