Asteroid Countdown

48,178 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
william
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jokerman said:

I spent the last two weeks in a sweat lodge with a Marsha Warfield poster on one wall, and a Marsha Wallace poster on the other... just pondering existence, tower-shaped asteroids and such. Sorry I've not been here to revel in the usual revelry.
But, what I found out was this: You can make one heck of a phone with a length of twine and two sardine cans. That, and instant ramen, whilst yummy, contains so much sodium, leaving Jokerman a bloated shell of his former self.
' ....friend to the martyr, friend to the woman of shame,
you look into the fiery furnace, see the rich man without any name.....'

SMack
saabing bear said:

Jokerman said:

But, what I found out was this: You can make one heck of a phone with a length of twine and two sardine cans.
Tried that and I still got calls from a woman wanting to talk about my car's extended warranty.

Does the sardine-can phone have a dial tone?

I wonder if Bob Fix had access to pictures of the Marshas for his experience.
william
SMack said:

saabing bear said:

Jokerman said:

But, what I found out was this: You can make one heck of a phone with a length of twine and two sardine cans.
Tried that and I still got calls from a woman wanting to talk about my car's extended warranty.

Jokerman
SMack said:

saabing bear said:

Jokerman said:

... only if you dial 9 to get out.

Bob could only be so lucky.
Jokerman
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/world/russia-rocket-uncontrolled-reentry-scn/index.html
What happens if when the asteroid gets here, there's nothing left?
(I mean, except for the Welcome Center, and the sweat lodge. And two sardine cans. And a mauve pantsuit.)

SMack
Sweating while contemplating tower-shaped asteroids, famous sitcom Marshas, and charismatic bald Baylor strength coaches...
Jokerman
Jokerman said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/world/russia-rocket-uncontrolled-reentry-scn/index.html
What happens if when the asteroid gets here, there's nothing left?
(I mean, except for the Welcome Center, and the sweat lodge. And two sardine cans. And a mauve pantsuit.)

Oh, and Bob Fix.
... and his towel.
SMack
Bexar Pitts
check out this I-Phone cover..
Bexar Pitts
In case anyone's keeping score...99942 relative size....
SMack
Maybe there will be an asteroid shaped like Bob Fix's head.

Or maybe Kaz Kazadi.
Jokerman
SMack said:

This = The Dream.
And ain't talkin' bout no Olajuwon,
Bexar Pitts
Always been fond of the name 'Marsha", "Marcia", "Mabel"....Anybody remember Marsha Mellow? She was a rather "large" name in the entertainment industry here in River City. Saw her dance several times..Very talented lady...
SMack
Bexar Pitts said:

Always been fond of the name 'Marsha", "Marcia", "Mabel"....Anybody remember Marsha Mellow? She was a rather "large" name in the entertainment industry here in River City. Saw her dance several times..Very talented lady...

Is she worthy of a vaporizing-resistant visitor center?
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

I think that's a most high honor that should be reserved for "Marshas" with nationally accredited tenure for such permanent and lofty recognition..Ms. Mellow, while most talented and light on her feet, might best be recognized by naming ,in her honor, an area specifically designed and constructed to allow visitors to participate in the fine art of dance..such as an outdoor patio ( sloped away from the Brazos) or 10x10 non skid dance floor..We don't need any litigious old geezers falling into the Brazos or doing any "headers" on "official" property...On second thought, scratch that entire idea .I'm going with a "No" at this time..I might feel differently after a planned excursion to Reno with some totally non- charity- affiliated Holiday bell ringers.
ABC BEAR
Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

I think that's a most high honor that should be reserved for "Marshas" with nationally accredited tenure for such permanent and lofty recognition..Ms. Mellow, while most talented and light on her feet, might best be recognized by naming ,in her honor, an area specifically designed and constructed to allow visitors to participate in the fine art of dance..such as an outdoor patio ( sloped away from the Brazos) or 10x10 non skid dance floor..We don't need any litigious old geezers falling into the Brazos or doing any "headers" on "official" property...On second thought, scratch that entire idea .I'm going with a "No" at this time..I might feel differently after a planned excursion to Reno with some totally non- charity- affiliated Holiday bell ringers.
I feel stimulated at the thought of having a Go-Go Hall of Fame located in Waco. Guys will have a place to go while their wives are at the Silo's.

If located in East Waco, would TIF funding apply?
Jokerman
I'm open to a "Hall of Marshas" in the Marsha Warfield Welcome Center. But, we'd have to also provide a "Hall of Marcias" as well. But we all know there's one Marsha that matters.
Bexar Pitts
ABC BEAR said:

Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

I feel stimulated at the thought of having a Go-Go Hall of Fame located in Waco. Guys will have a place to go while their wives are at the Silo's.

If located in East Waco, would TIF funding apply?
The board might go for a "Special" grant... STIF funding...I'm not above asking...
william
betting getting alot of questions on this - and - I must be frank - no reason to spread 'false hope':

please note:

THERE ARE NO JAVELINA ON THE ASTEROIDS.

- tbp*

{ clatter }

{ snarl }

{ sipping coffee }

D!
SMack
william said:

betting getting alot of questions on this - and - I must be frank - no reason to spread 'false hope':

please note:

- tbp*

{ clatter }

{ snarl }

{ sipping coffee }

D!

These asteroids can have some pretty dramatic effects on the planet. Experts think that such an impact caused the end of the age of dinosaurs, which ultimately led to the age of the mammals, especially primates.

Many experts believe that the next one could cause the end of the primates, and begin the age of the ungulates.

william
p*hope p*springs p*eternal....

- tbp*

if true, sounds like a new role for chuck heston!

"p*get p*your p*hooves off p*me, p*you p*stinking p*suedo-p*swine!"

D!
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

william said:

please note:

- tbp*

{ clatter }

{ snarl }

{ sipping coffee }

D!

These asteroids can have some pretty dramatic effects on the planet. Experts think that such an impact caused the end of the age of dinosaurs, which ultimately led to the age of the mammals, especially primates.

Many experts believe that they next one could cause the end of the primates, and begin the age of the ungulates.

Do ungulates eat sardines?
SMack
Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

william said:

please note:

- tbp*

{ clatter }

{ snarl }

{ sipping coffee }

D!

Many experts believe that they next one could cause the end of the primates, and begin the age of the ungulates.

Because they lack opposable thumbs, they would struggle with the key that opens the cans.

So the better question is WOULD ungulates eat sardines?

I'll defer to our resident p*expert on that.
Jokerman
Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

william said:

please note:

- tbp*

{ clatter }

{ snarl }

{ sipping coffee }

D!

Can they even ascend towers? I mean, no wonder they can't get on no tower-shaped asteroids?
Man, that gives me pause.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

william said:

please note:

- tbp*

{ clatter }

{ snarl }

{ sipping coffee }

D!

Because they lack opposable thumbs, they would struggle with the key that opens the cans.

While shopping for some stylish new "hoppers" today at the Thrift Store, I ran across a lady that was a former librarian and bait house attendant..upon discovering her excellent resume, I ask her about ungulates and sardines..She informed me that Whales and other Cetaceans ( who are even toed ungulates) do indeed feed on small sea creatures. My concern was land based, odd toed ungies, like donkeys..It would be hard for them to hold the tiny fishing pole and watch the bobber to catch them..Guess they could stomp on the cans, but that's not really an optimum scenario..
Jokerman
Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

william said:

please note:

- tbp*

{ clatter }

{ snarl }

{ sipping coffee }

D!

While shopping for some stylish new "hoppers" today at the Thrift Store, I ran across a lady that was a former librarian and bait house attendant..upon discovering her excellent resume, I ask her about ungulates and sardines..She informed me that Whales and other Cetaceans ( who are even toed ungulates) do indeed feed on small sea creatures. My concern was land based, odd toed ungies, like donkeys..It would be hard for them to hold the tiny fishing pole and watch the bobber to catch them..Guess they could stomp on the cans, but that's not really an optimum scenario..

What a serendipitous meeting! I mean, who runs into a former librarian/bait house attendant on the regular?
... especially when one needs the counsel of a former librarian/bait house attendant!
Bexar Pitts
Jokerman said:

Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

william said:

please note:

- tbp*

{ clatter }

{ snarl }

{ sipping coffee }

D!

What a serendipitous meeting! I mean, who runs into a former librarian/bait house attendant on the regular?
... especially when one needs the counsel of a former librarian/bait house attendant!
No kiddin'! A most fortuitous event indeed! The odds are probably about the same as gettin' hit in the head by a tiny asteroid...Wait...scratch that..Just cancelled the Reno thing with the unsanctioned bell ringers..Thought we were flyin..nope..bus...I can think of a lot of places I'd rather be in mid January than the downtown Reno bus station with a bunch of loopey bell ringers..How DO they get those sardines to line up so perfectly in the cans? Wish I woulda asked that lady...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.