Asteroid Countdown

25,078 Views | 465 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Jokerman
Jokerman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Everyone retreat to your asteroid-resistant domes today! This is not a drill!

https://news.yahoo.com/potentially-hazardous-asteroid-size-space-201757371.html
SMack
It's weird that the asteroid is shaped like Seattle's space needle. If we could stop it and bring it down in one piece (slowly), it would make quite a tourist attraction.

Maybe we could put it by the Marsha Warfield visitor center.
Jokerman
SMack said:

It's weird that the asteroid is shaped like Seattle's space needle. If we could stop it and bring it down in one piece (slowly), it would make quite a tourist attraction.

Oh, there ain't no "maybe" ... this gonna happen.
Anyone got an asteroid catcher? (Preferably one specializing in Seattle Space Needle-shaped asteroids.)
4th and Inches
Jokerman said:

SMack said:

Oh, there ain't no "maybe" ... this gonna happen.
Anyone got an asteroid catcher? (Preferably one specializing in Seattle Space Needle-shaped asteroids.)
had one in storage but somebody remapped the page and now I cant find it
Bexar Pitts
A brief musical interlude while we wait....
SMack
I wonder if there is a picture of that asteroid...

If we can't catch it, we could at least display its photo at the visitor center.

I wonder if there is one shaped like the ALICO building or the suspension bridge or something.

I wonder about such things. I don't know if Jokerman does or not.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

If we can't catch it, we could at least display its photo at the visitor center.

I wonder if there is one shaped like the ALICO building or the suspension bridge or something.

Or even a food truck..Asteroid Bar-B-Que would be awesome! One could name their specialty items after individual "space rocks"
Bexar Pitts
Well..only an idea.. Since the Alico building went up,standing upright in the Texas landscape, Waco was/is known as the "City With a XXXX On." I was thinkin' maybe an asteroid shaped food truck or two might change the narrative a bit. I know......back to decaf.
Jokerman
SMack said:

A life-sized mural would be nice -- of Marsha Warfield -- on a life-sized mural (perhaps a lovely mosaic) of the Space Needle Asteroid, which would be installed on a much-larger-than-life-sized replica of a food truck parked next to the Alico Building, all to accommodate and properly display the actual size of the asteroid and, of course, Marsha Warfield.
Bexar Pitts
Jokerman said:

SMack said:

A life-sized mural would be nice -- of Marsha Warfield -- on a life-sized mural (perhaps a lovely mosaic) of the Space Needle Asteroid, which would be installed on a much-larger-than-life-sized replica of a food truck parked next to the Alico Building, all to accommodate and properly display the actual size of the asteroid and, of course, Marsha Warfield.
NOW, we're finally gettin somewhere.
Jokerman

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.