Asteroid Countdown

47,404 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
SMack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2,852 days until asteroid 1990MU wreaks havoc on Earth.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1166044/asteroid-earth-dinosaur-asteroids-nasa-esa-news-space-asteroid-almost-hit-earth
sahen
Quote:

"Feeling helpless, the government would likely just tell us to 'hunker down' and duct tape our window seams.

"Then the Democrats would blame it on the Republicans for ignoring global warming and the Republicans would blame it on the Democrats for not praying in school."

by far the best part of the article
SMack
I'm stocking up on sardines.
Gold Tron
0.03 AU is still 2,790,000 miles from Earth, not time to get your panties in a bunch.
SMack
Gold Tron said:

0.03 AU is still 2,790,000 miles from Earth, not time to get your panties in a bunch.
You're right, we have almost eight years to do that.
Mr Tulip
We get our panties in a bunch when the color of gold on the uniform isn't what we're used to.
SMack
Mr Tulip said:

We get our panties in a bunch when the color of gold on the uniform isn't what we're used to.

We'll probably change the uniforms one more time before life as we know ends on planet Earth. I really hope I get to see metallic gold Baylor football helmets before I'm incinerated.
BellCountyBear
It can't get here soon enough.
ABC BEAR
Does this mean my 15 year mortgage is really a 7 year mortgage?
SMack
ABC BEAR said:

You could probably quit paying in six years. It will take a year to complete the foreclosure and kick you out. With a bit of luck, the civil unrest will be enough of a distraction so that they will not bother with you.
SMack
2,851 days until asteroid 1990MU hits.
ABC BEAR
SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

You could probably quit paying in six years. It will take a year to complete the foreclosure and kick you out. With a bit of luck, the civil unrest will be enough of a distraction so that they will not bother with you.
They may also try and sell it to me at a steep discount.
SMack
ABC BEAR said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

It looks like you have a good plan there. This event will have many positives for you, except for the part about being vaporized by the impact.

I'm thinking about getting one of those domes from the Monolithic Institute on I-35E in Italy. It's supposed to be resistant to natural disasters. I'll fill that sucker with sardines and wait out the impact.
fubar
SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

It looks like you have a good plan there. This event will have many positives for you, except for the part about being vaporized by the impact.

I'm thinking about getting one of those domes from the Monolithic Institute on I-35E in Italy. It's supposed to be resistant to natural disasters. I'll fill that sucker with sardines and wait out the impact.
I'm in the process of cornering the world market in boxed wine.

Does the anti-vaporizing dome have room? I figure we have a good epoch or two before the giant cucarachas totally dominate.
SMack
fubar said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

Does the anti-vaporizing dome have room? I figure we have a good epoch or two before the giant cucarachas totally dominate.

The beauty of these things is that you can make them almost any size you want. I just hope that have easy payment plans.
https://www.monolithic.org/
SMack
2,850 days.
fubar
I don't know why they're trying to avoid an impact. Just aim that sucker at College Station.
TenBears
I'm going to make a giant tin foil hat. The odds that it hits the one guy on earth wearing a giant tin foil hat have to be a billion to one.
SMack
2,849 days.
quash
fubar said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

And wine boxes? You can use the inner bladder as a pillow, life preserver, etc.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
SMack
quash said:

fubar said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

We can store them in the corner opposite the sardines.
SMack
notbubbleboy said:

I'm going to make a giant tin foil hat. The odds that it hits the one guy on earth wearing a giant tin foil hat have to be a billion to one.

The good news is that no one wearing such a hat has ever been killed by an asteroid.

The bad news is that no one wearing a tinfoil hat has survived an asteroid direct hit.
fubar
Just steer clear of College Station. Asteroid or no asteroid, that is always good advice.

As are sardines and boxed wine and vaporizer-proof domes.
SMack
2,848 days.
william
soon.............

- KKM

Dale?
ABC BEAR
fubar said:

Just steer clear of College Station. Asteroid or no asteroid, that is always good advice.

As are sardines and boxed wine and vaporizer-proof domes.
Good advice concerning aggieland. As for sardines, box wine and vaporizer-proof domes, you are strictly a killjoy.
SMack
2,847 days!
SMack
william said:

soon.............

- KKM

Soon...
fubar
SMack said:

quash said:

fubar said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

Does the anti-vaporizer dome have corners?
SMack
fubar said:

SMack said:

quash said:

fubar said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

I was hoping no one would notice that.
quash
fubar said:

SMack said:

quash said:

fubar said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

If right angles bother you then you'll want check out Kareems's old place, not a right angle in it.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
SMack
quash said:

fubar said:

SMack said:

quash said:

fubar said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

SMack said:

ABC BEAR said:

If right angles bother you then you'll want check out Kareems's old place, not a right angle in it.
Now you're just being obtuse.
SMack
2,846 days.
fubar
SMack said:

2,846 days.
This is getting too close for comfort. I'm off to Wally's Boxed Wine Emporium.
SMack
fubar said:

SMack said:

2,846 days.
This is getting too close for comfort. I'm off to Wally's Boxed Wine Emporium.

I hope you still have some sardines left.

All we need after that is some women.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.