Asteroid Countdown

48,241 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
saabing bear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

I've sent a coded message to G2 via my custom Bag Phone asking that very question. I'm beginning to believe my equipment is outdated, as all I've gotten back in reponse is a brief recorded message telling me my "call" can't be completed as dialed. Frustrating to say the least.
When I called I was transferred to a woman who started talking about my car's extended warranty.
You've got to really be careful with that lady. She's a real pro. Sold two of 'em to one of my in-laws, and he doesn't even have a car. He's a shrimper from Los Alamos, and has fallen on some hard times recently. Thinks he might be able to trade 'em for tickets to the El Paso Chihuahuas baseball games...Hopin' it all works out..Gotta go, I hear the Ice Cream Man comin'..
SMack
Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law (or is it your father-in-law?). His situation explains why it's so hard to find Los Alamos shrimp these days.

Those are my favorite because you can still see them when you turn off the lights.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law (or is it your father-in-law?). His situation explains why it's so hard to find Los Alamos shrimp these days.

Those are my favorite because you can still see them when you turn off the lights.
Brother-in-law..His bunch always makes for a fun Christmas visit..you can still see his whole family when you turn off the lights, too! Like C-9 bulbs that never burn out! Neighbors come for blocks just to see them out in the front yard singin' away...Yeah, I miss those shrimp..I'm fond of the crunchy ones ...they've got a taste I haven't ever been able to duplicate...Bon Appetit !
SMack
Quick update on the asteroid that will vaporize all of you outside the Warfield Vistor Center:

1,994 Days!!!

(!)

Now is the time to stock up on sardines.

(!!!)
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

Quick update on the asteroid that will vaporize all of you outside the Warfield Vistor Center:

1,994 Days!!!

(!)

Now is the time to stock up on sardines.

(!!!)
I've tried..Seems they're on back order..Was told it's because there are just no liiiittle bitty hooks or "bobbers" the sardine fishermen use to catch them...Who'd have thunk it?
SMack
1,993 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

1,993 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
We need a screening of this one at the Grand Opening of the Marsha Warfield Visitor Center..if it's still standing.. https://filmschoolrejects.com/dont-look-up-true-story/
SMack
1,992 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

Well.....The movie I linked ( "Don't Look Up) is on Netflix starting Christmas Eve..Some big name stars in the movie, so the Asteroid Community IS attracting an eclectic following..In any event, looks like I'll have 1,990 days to get hooked up and watch it ! On another topic, beware of unscrupulous markets selling salted carp as "large sardines." what have we come to....
SMack
Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

...beware of unscrupulous markets selling salted carp as "large sardines." what have we come to....

I was wondering why the cans were so big.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

...beware of unscrupulous markets selling salted carp as "large sardines." what have we come to....

Folks need to realize that when the checker yells "CARRY OUT" for two cans of sardines, sumpin' ain't right.
SMack
Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

Folks need to realize that when the checker yells "CARRY OUT" for two cans of sardines, sumpin' ain't right.
When I asked the checker about the big cans, she seemed offended.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

When I asked the checker about the big cans, she seemed offended.
Sounds like the same one whose line I got stuck in last summer..I made an innocuous comment about nice looking melons and had Security called on me. I use self check only after that fiasco.
SMack
SMack
1,991 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

1,991 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
Well..at least after that CNBC may stop runnin' those "Bent Carrot" commercials...
SMack
1,990 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
SMack
1,989 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.

It is also Christmas Day.
SMack
1,988 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
SMack
1,987 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
SMack
1,986 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
SMack
1,985 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

Spent Christmas with my son's crew in Denver..Absolutely loved evrything but the Airport. Biggest cluster since some Pentagon Nam planning..But ,anyhow, we watched "Don't Look Up" on Netflix..Big names but movie is a 90 minute SNL skit..I liked it, but I know a lot won't..Review actually should be on the R&P board, but it is congruent with this thread's title..Worth watching in between favorite Bowl games...BTW, very few sardines left in Denver. They're big out there..especially at the Airport. $$$$
SMack
Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

...BTW, very few sardines left in Denver. They're big out there..especially at the Airport. $$$$

Big cans at the Denver airport. I'm interested.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

...BTW, very few sardines left in Denver. They're big out there..especially at the Airport. $$$$

Big cans at the Denver airport. I'm interested.
I should have said "popular" instead of "big." For the most part, curbside check in has been relaced by Sardine vendors..and most of those were closed due to supposed "supply constraints"..The few who were operating were selling "sardines by the slice" and that can really get expensive..As to the "cans", winter in Denver tends to obfuscate the ability for careful and accurate observation..Just too many of those large, loose fitting outerware garments..I'm assuming that the closer we get to actual "impact", many of those "norms" will fade a bit.
SMack
1,984 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

1,984 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
That's Sunday June 6th, 2027 for you home gamers. Hopefully after the Cowboy game. Yes, I know it's summer...I'm assuming the League will move up the fall schedule to generate as much revenue as possible before "impact.".. Blind greed.
SMack
1,983 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
SMack
1,982 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
SMack
1,981 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
SMack
1,980 days until the &#%^! or #&@! annihilation of humanity.
william
... and again, KISS MY ASSTEROID!

- Big Bill*

* the bellicose belligerent boy bird **

... and stop staring at my ....

** bodacious bountiful bikini'd buttocks!!!

{ sipping coffee }

D!
Bexar Pitts
When do you think lenders are going to wake up to the spike of 7 year balloon notes? Apparently lots of folks are trying to "Go out in style!" I may try to get me a castle..or an island..or a small country full of nice women and sardines! Idea: If Italy hasn't been watching cable, maybe they would entertain an offer for Sardinia...Man, what a deal that could be!
Jokerman
I spent the last two weeks in a sweat lodge with a Marsha Warfield poster on one wall, and a Marsha Wallace poster on the other... just pondering existence, tower-shaped asteroids and such. Sorry I've not been here to revel in the usual revelry.
But, what I found out was this: You can make one heck of a phone with a length of twine and two sardine cans. That, and instant ramen, whilst yummy, contains so much sodium, leaving Jokerman a bloated shell of his former self.
saabing bear
Jokerman said:

But, what I found out was this: You can make one heck of a phone with a length of twine and two sardine cans.
Tried that and I still got calls from a woman wanting to talk about my car's extended warranty.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.