Word on the street...

205,687 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gunny Hartman said:

exr29070 said:

GoldMind said:

Who makes the prettier motorcycle, Harley Davidson or Indian?

I always thoughts Indian motorcycles were beautiful, gorgeous pieces of automotive artwork.

Harley is kind of like Ford, an American icon no doubt, but questionable in some areas.

No Triumph love? Nothing sounds like a Harley, though.

Harley has a patent on the sound the pipes make. Nothin like it
Harley - Best sounding bike
Indian - Best looking bike

Ludwig von Missi
GoldMind said:

Gunny Hartman said:

exr29070 said:

GoldMind said:

I always thoughts Indian motorcycles were beautiful, gorgeous pieces of automotive artwork.

Harley is kind of like Ford, an American icon no doubt, but questionable in some areas.

Huffy - Best all-around bike.
Dubbicans
I'm a 52 Vincent black lightning guy myself.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
Gunny Hartman
GoldMind said:

Gunny Hartman said:

exr29070 said:

GoldMind said:

You're high
nein51
Harley's are a piece of **** and riding one makes you gay.

South Park covers this sooooo well.
Gunny Hartman
nein51 said:

Jealous I see.
As someone who has owned 3, I can attest that no one buys a hog because of their reliability, but because they're the baddest mf'n thing on the road.
Ludwig von Missi
Dubbicans said:

Don't know anything about motorcycles, but I love the song.
Hambone
nein51 said:

stop using "gay" as a pejorative.

nein51
Hambone said:

nein51 said:

You REALLY need to see the South Park episode
nein51
Gunny Hartman said:

nein51 said:

Jealous I see.
As someone who has owned 3, I can attest that no one buys a hog because of their reliability, but because they're the baddest mf'n thing on the road.

To be fair I think all of those bikes are giant pieces of junk. I can't fathom why someone would want to ride one with the exception of pretending to be Ponch or John from CHiPs.

Yamaha R1 is where it's at.
GoldMind
nein51 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

nein51 said:

Jealous I see.

To be fair I think all of those bikes are giant pieces of junk. I can't fathom why someone would want to ride one with the exception of pretending to be Ponch or John from CHiPs.

Busa
Hambone
I've seen every episode. that one is middle of the pack, great premise, weak execution.

Matt and Trey are awesome, but they make a living being offensive. your posts don't gain any value by using gay like that. not the same for Matt and Trey, if they can get enough people to laugh at it, which they always do.
nein51
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

nein51 said:

Jealous I see.

Busa

Very very fast. Drove like crap. Just way too big and bulky. Weighed too much. I rode one of those to a 10.3 while carrying the front wheel all the way down track. They just don't turn well. Might as well have a cruiser.
Dubbicans
Crash Davis said:

Dubbicans said:

Best version by the best band.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
GoldMind
nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

nein51 said:

Jealous I see.

Busa

Very very fast. Drove like crap. Just way too big and bulky. Weighed too much. I rode one of those to a 10.3 while carrying the front wheel all the way down track. They just don't turn well. Might as well have a cruiser.
Busa = F-Bodies
Fat Daddy
Best All Around Bike

nein51
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

nein51 said:

Jealous I see.

Busa

Busa = F-Bodies

Yeah I could get behind that.
sicemkentucky
What if I told you there was a thread so epic that it made grown men shirk all responsibilities for days...

SicEm365's first 30 for 30.
GoldMind
When I was about 25, I was working on a towing vessel shuttling barges from New Orleans to Houston. One day, we were about halfway between lake Charles and Galveston on the ICW. Time was about 5pm. I was standing in the wheelhouse next to the wheelman, just talking and as I was looking up ahead, I began to make out what looked like a small white boat on the southern bank. I asked David, the wheelman, to grab the binocs and look and see what it was. David goes "That's definitely not birds, looks like a boat to me."

Something was not right. Civilian boats on the ICW should have their radios on at all times, as the large tugboats on that stretch of water constitute the vast majority of marine traffic. This vessel did not answer our repeated radios calls. As we got closer, keep in mind we were going a whopping 5mph with a loaded barge, We noticed that the craft was indeed a small cuddy cabin type boat, about 20ft long. Its bow was pushed into the bank and it appeared that its engine was engaged because we could see propwash. This whole time we were laughing about what they could be doing, David suggesting perhaps the "captain" had taken his old lady below for relations.

When we got right up on them, there was no sign of anyone on deck. This was an open cockpit type boat and there was nowhere to hide from our view, as out eye-level in the wheelhouse was about 19 feet off the water. We could see that the cabin door was closed, though.

When a large vessel such has a 2500HP tugboat drives down the ICW, the large propellers move so much water that it "sucks" water away from the bank and the resulting wake is sent smashing back into it.

As we drove by, I asked David if we should drop speed to keep from sucking them off the bank. He quickly pulled the throttles back to clutch speed (dead slow), but by then it was too late.

Right as we passed, the little boat came right off the bank and what before my eyes emerges from the cabin? No 1, not 2, but 3 ass naked broads and one dude who looked like Wolf Blitzer come piling out, frantically trying to drive the boat back into the mud, presumably in order to finish whatever it was that was going on.
ChipOC
GoldMind said:

No 1, not 2, but 3 ass naked broads and one dude who looked like Wolf Blitzer come piling out, frantically trying to drive the boat back into the mud, presumably in order to finish whatever it was that was going on.

Doughnut ring toss competition?
ButterflyFX
Crash Davis said:

This is probably the lamest page on this entire thread.
I was excited by seeing the word bacon and then I was quickly slapped back into reality.

Most of the food I consume is in some way bad for me and secretly trying to kill me.
Except for donuts. They are blatantly trying to kill me. They don't try to hide their intent to end my life.

Carry on.

ButterflyFX

See, even this banana has nefarious intent.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
nein51 said:

Hambone said:

nein51 said:

I believe it was *** not GAY in that episode.
desertbear
GoldMind said:

When I was about 25, I was working on a towing vessel shuttling barges from New Orleans to Houston. One day, we were about halfway between lake Charles and Galveston on the ICW. Time was about 5pm. I was standing in the wheelhouse next to the wheelman, just talking and as I was looking up ahead, I began to make out what looked like a small white boat on the southern bank. I asked David, the wheelman, to grab the binocs and look and see what it was. David goes "That's definitely not birds, looks like a boat to me."

Something was not right. Civilian boats on the ICW should have their radios on at all times, as the large tugboats on that stretch of water constitute the vast majority of marine traffic. This vessel did not answer our repeated radios calls. As we got closer, keep in mind we were going a whopping 5mph with a loaded barge, We noticed that the craft was indeed a small cuddy cabin type boat, about 20ft long. Its bow was pushed into the bank and it appeared that its engine was engaged because we could see propwash. This whole time we were laughing about what they could be doing, David suggesting perhaps the "captain" had taken his old lady below for relations.

When we got right up on them, there was no sign of anyone on deck. This was an open cockpit type boat and there was nowhere to hide from our view, as out eye-level in the wheelhouse was about 19 feet off the water. We could see that the cabin door was closed, though.

When a large vessel such has a 2500HP tugboat drives down the ICW, the large propellers move so much water that it "sucks" water away from the bank and the resulting wake is sent smashing back into it.

As we drove by, I asked David if we should drop speed to keep from sucking them off the bank. He quickly pulled the throttles back to clutch speed (dead slow), but by then it was too late.

Right as we passed, the little boat came right off the bank and what before my eyes emerges from the cabin? No 1, not 2, but 3 ass naked broads and one dude who looked like Wolf Blitzer come piling out, frantically trying to drive the boat back into the mud, presumably in order to finish whatever it was that was going on.

It took you 21 pages of derailment before you dropped this story on us?

Buried the lead, man.
WILLIS
nein51 said:

https://vimeo.com/15758959
CammoTX
desertbear said:

GoldMind said:

It took you 21 pages of derailment before you dropped this story on us?

Buried the lead, man.
"The Aristocrats!" ?
nein51
Brian Ethridge said:

nein51 said:

Hambone said:

nein51 said:

I believe it was *** not GAY in that episode.

It most assuredly was *** but I figured it would be less of an issue to write gay.

Apparently there are still some people in this world offended by everything.
Ludwig von Missi
Dubbicans said:

Crash Davis said:

Dubbicans said:

Best version by the best band.

I remember the first time I listened to Ragweed's Live from Billy Bob's album. They introduced a song by saying, "We promised our friends from Stanley, Idaho that we would do them a song tonight. And the only reason we're doing it is because it's a damn good song. There's a little band out of Stanley, Idaho that is now based in Austin, Texas called Reckless Kelly. And they're badass. This is a song about killing a woman because she pisses you off." Then they played Crazy Eddie's Last Hurrah.

I had heard of Reckless Kelly prior to that, but I didn't know all their stuff. After hearing Ragweed's Crazy Eddie's cover I was hooked and my obsession with Reckless Kelly commenced. Love that band. I saw them play at The Backyard in Waco after the KU game this year.
Mferg7
Is this still a thing?
Roy Rogers
Mferg7 said:

Is this still a thing?
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
Roy Rogers
This thread absolutely needs a dose of Steve Earle.

"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
Ludwig von Missi
Roy Rogers said:

This thread absolutely needs a dose of Steve Earle.

Steve Earle is all kinds of awesome.
Hob Howelll

I think this thread got left out in the cold November rain!
Clavin
Yes, Steve Earle is greatness. Transcendental Blues is one of my all time favorite albums.
JasonPhillips
I love Steve Earle. This City is one of the best songs about New Orleans. And I love him on Treme and The Wire.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.