Word on the street...

199,036 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
AceThedic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

Water and Pontiac!
Roy Rogers
Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?
Bourbon or Tennessee whiskey.

Ford.
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
Dubbicans
Roy Rogers said:

Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

Ford.
The correct answer is Scotch and Ford.
Bahamabear
A little over 50 to go, anything in Yeti and BMW
Frisco5Bears
Bird or Magic
Roy Rogers
Baylorbearfan99 said:

Bird or Magic
Bird, even on this thread.
GoldMind
Who gave you the Corvette? What did Dale Earnhardt drive? What did Don McLean drive to the levy?

You wanna haul a heavy load? Get a Chevy
You wanna swallow a heavy load? Get a Ford
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Gunny Hartman
Dubbicans said:

Roy Rogers said:

Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

Ford.
The correct answer is Scotch and Ford.

Ford. Found On Road Dead
Rletbetter
exr29070 said:

Van Halen not Van Hagar...
Agree 100%!!!!
kenozebi
Rletbetter said:

exr29070 said:

Agree 100%!!!!
Joe Dirt is quite possibly the greatest movie of this or any generation...
sicemkentucky
kenozebi said:

Rletbetter said:

exr29070 said:

Agree 100%!!!!
Joe Dirte is quite possibly the greatest movie of this or any generation...
FIFY.
nein51
kenozebi said:

Rletbetter said:

exr29070 said:

Agree 100%!!!!

So damned good
kcarlson
kenozebi said:

Rletbetter said:

exr29070 said:

Agree 100%!!!!
Well, after So I Married an Axe Murderer, Tommy Boy, The Naked Gun, Fletch, and probably 100 others from the comedy genre.
trey3216
SATXBear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

Well GMC is just a Chevy with frills and a commensurately higher price tag. Now if we were to have the Chevy versus Ford discussion well then everybody knows that Chevy would destroy that.

The term whiskey is so wide open anymore it's damn near impossible to define unless you're referring to a sour mash from Tennessee. Same issue with corn mash bourbon from Kentucky. But I'm personally not convinced that some of the best "whiskey" around doesn't come from a little distillery in Waco Texas.

A friend of mine who knows Whiskey says Waco's brew is competing with Irish whiskeys and is getting international awards now.
They were about 3-4 years ago, and they were competing with Single malt scotch
deemus
kenozebi said:

Rletbetter said:

exr29070 said:

Agree 100%!!!!
My kids can quote that movie verbatim. And so can I.

deemus
trey3216 said:

SATXBear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

Well GMC is just a Chevy with frills and a commensurately higher price tag. Now if we were to have the Chevy versus Ford discussion well then everybody knows that Chevy would destroy that.

The term whiskey is so wide open anymore it's damn near impossible to define unless you're referring to a sour mash from Tennessee. Same issue with corn mash bourbon from Kentucky. But I'm personally not convinced that some of the best "whiskey" around doesn't come from a little distillery in Waco Texas.

A friend of mine who knows Whiskey says Waco's brew is competing with Irish whiskeys and is getting international awards now.
I bought a bottle of Baby Blue. Its a little different, not a huge fan, but I would never compare it to single malt scotch. I'll take Glenlivit 18 for the win.

Roy Rogers
How about a bit of Thurston Harrison and the Sharps

GoldMind
Roy Rogers said:

How about a bit of Thurston Harrison and the Sharps

Ill see your Thurston and raise you Brenton
Gunny Hartman
deemus said:

trey3216 said:

SATXBear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

I bought a bottle of Baby Blue. Its a little different, not a huge fan, but I would never compare it to single malt scotch. I'll take Glenlivit 18 for the win.

He wasn't referring to Baby Blue. He was referring to the Balcones 1 Texas single malt. That's the one that they took over to London that kicked every scotch's ass.

IASIP Rocks
I like basically all the late 80s/early-to-mid 90s bands that y'all have listed. Those are obviously the kings of that era. I would like to propose a "B List" of bands that I was a huge fan of but recognize aren't necessarily the musical geniuses or recognized genre-defining bands like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, GNR, Metallica (whoever said Metallica is meh must have literally been smoking crack (either when they were listening to Metallica or when they wrote the statement or both)).

In my mind, that list would be headlined by Gin Blossoms, Blues Traveler, Live, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Hootie and the Blowfish, Spin Doctors, Better Than Ezra, The Verve Pipe (The Freshman is awesome and I don't care what anyone says), The Wallflowers, Soul Asylum, Toadies (have seen them in concert easily 10 times), Collective Soul, etc. I have many a good memory listening to songs from those groups.

I don't know what genre they would be categorized under, maybe Rock/Pop or Post-Grunge, and in my mind they pre-date (or are just better than) what I'll call bleached hair 90s bands like Sugar Ray, Eve 6, Lit, Seven Mary Three, etc.

Since my list is so long I'm sure I'll get flamed by some people for not being correct on my dates, including some bands that shouldn't be there, and leaving out some that should. But that's my feeble attempt at a conversation starter.
GoldMind
Gunny Hartman said:

deemus said:

trey3216 said:

SATXBear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

He wasn't referring to Baby Blue. He was referring to the Balcones 1 Texas single malt. That's the one that they took over to London that kicked every scotch's ass.

****ers didnt even put Waco on the label.
LadyBear91
Brian Ethridge said:

State Of Love And Trust and Breath are two of my favorites as well as Drown.

Paul Westerburg was a meh addition.

And I reference sensitive ponytail man quite often.

Also, "what if the super you meets the super her but you're not being you."
Ugh, Mr. Ponytail Man.

The scene when Steve picks up a pregnancy kit at the grocery store and runs into a fan: "What's so funny about... peace, peace, peace... love and under... peace, peace. Death Row, what does a brother know? peace, peace. Yow, wow, wow, wow, wow, kapow! You're the King, man, you are the KING!"

Eric Stoltz as the mime in the car with Steve and others: "Let me tell you about love. Love disappears, baby!"

When Steve asks what Janet really wants from a guy, she used to have a list of things, but then she narrows it down to, "Someone who says Gesundheit when I sneeze, although I prefer bless you, it's nicer."
Brian Ethridge
Staff
LadyBear91 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

State Of Love And Trust and Breath are two of my favorites as well as Drown.

Paul Westerburg was a meh addition.

And I reference sensitive ponytail man quite often.

Also, "what if the super you meets the super her but you're not being you."
Ugh, Mr. Ponytail Man.

The scene when Steve picks up a pregnancy kit at the grocery store and runs into a fan: "What's so funny about... peace, peace, peace... love and under... peace, peace. Death Row, what does a brother know? peace, peace. Yow, wow, wow, wow, wow, kapow! You're the King, man, you are the KING!"

Eric Stoltz as the mime in the car with Steve and others: "Let me tell you about love. Love disappears, baby!"

When Steve asks what Janet really wants from a guy, she used to have a list of things, but then she narrows it down to, "Someone who says Gesundheit when I sneeze, although I prefer bless you, it's nicer."

Yes, Jeremy Piven rapping to Steve about the Wheels of Steel.

Not Piven's first rap on film as he was rapping to Lloyd behind the Quik E Mart about Diane Court in Say Anything.
deemus
Gunny Hartman said:

deemus said:

trey3216 said:

SATXBear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

I dont think I even saw that one on the shelf. I'll have to try that one.
deemus
LadyBear91 said:

Lowered expectations. lol

At some point she just said, "screw it" preferred to have company.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
It's good
SATXBear
trey3216 said:

SATXBear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

Thanks for the details
Gunny Hartman
deemus said:

Gunny Hartman said:

deemus said:

trey3216 said:

SATXBear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Steely Dan said:

Whiskey or bourbon?

GMC or Chevy?

I dont think I even saw that one on the shelf. I'll have to try that one.

It's luxurious. Very very luxurious.
Frisco5Bears
My latest bottle has been the Balcones single malt classic, but now you guys have got me wishing I had the special release! I can't imagine how good that bottle would be.
sicemkentucky
We need to start thinking about the 1000th post...don't. mess. this. up.
AceThedic
kcarlson said:

kenozebi said:

Rletbetter said:

exr29070 said:

Agree 100%!!!!
Well, after So I Married an Axe Murderer, Tommy Boy, The Naked Gun, Fletch, and probably 100 others from the comedy genre.
Two of those don't belong with the other two...
GoldMind
24 to go, SicEm
Wooldogg
I just sat down to catch up on the last 8 pages of this thread and just wanted to say I love each of you dearly. This thread is a piece of art.
GoldMind
Whos the better actor DeNiro or Pacino?
AceThedic
GoldMind said:

Whos the better actor DeNiro or Pacino?
You just broke my brain.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.