Word on the street...

205,832 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
Ludwig von Missi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pd254 said:

I don't ever like my first or second glass of scotch but the several after that taste excellent.
I'm not sure what it is about scotch that doesn't fit my tastes. I want to like it, I just don't. I love bourbon though.
AceThedic
nein51 said:

Hot take: I hate beer. Don't understand how anyone enjoys drinking it.

I'm game for tequila, learning to enjoy scotch...just don't get beer. It simply doesn't take good to me.

Not only have I never tried an alcoholic beverage I liked... I'm allergic to alcohol. Instant stomach cramps and vomiting.
DioNoZeus
exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

I'm game for tequila, learning to enjoy scotch...just don't get beer. It simply doesn't take good to me.

Not only have I never tried an alcoholic beverage I liked... I'm allergic to alcohol. Instant stomach cramps and vomiting.
Vagisil will help with that
BaylorLit 01
GoldMind said:

Is the beer at BJs actually good? I don't think I've ever tried it.
Can't remember because it's been a while, but there are some good ones. If you like dark beer, I think I remember the Porter being good.
nein51
exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

I've had plenty I liked. I make a hell of a blueberry lemonade with my own blueberry infused vodka.

That said a lot of grain alcohol takes like paint thinner.
BUBear03
What possessed you to try paint thinner?
nein51
BUBear03 said:

Never outright drank it but I've done about an assload of paint and body work. Work on cars as much as I have and you can tell someone what virtually every car related fluid tastes like.

Hint: not good.
GoldMind
nein51 said:

BUBear03 said:

Never outright drank it but I've done about an assload of paint and body work. Work on cars as much as I have and you can tell someone what virtually every car related fluid tastes like.

Hint: not good.

Antifreeze is kind of sweet tasting
BUBear03
I wish I was a guy that knew how to work on cars. I've always liked the idea of restoring something, but I won't have someone do it for me bacause I feel like I'd need to know something about working on it myself. Although on new models, it seems like you may need a laptop more than a wrench.
Roy Rogers
Crash Davis said:

nein51 said:

Interesting.

I don't like scotch. I think there are a lot of people that pretend to like scotch that secretly hate it.
Totally agree about scotch. People tell me it's an acquired taste. We'll I'm not up for something I've got to force myself to like.
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
BUBear03
Scotch is great. You guys that don't like it probably killed your palate over the years with coors light.
GoldMind
BUBear03 said:

Scotch is great. You guys that don't like it probably killed your palate over the years with coors light.

Our palate has improved, to the point that we agree that it's hard to like something that tastes like wood and lawn clippings.
Dubbicans
Roy Rogers said:

Crash Davis said:

nein51 said:

Interesting.

I don't like scotch. I think there are a lot of people that pretend to like scotch that secretly hate it.
Totally agree about scotch. People tell me it's an acquired taste. We'll I'm not up for something I've got to force myself to like.

I think cheap scotch tastes terrible. Can't stand the stuff.

Then I had a buddy introduce me to Glenlivet 18 and I thought, "oh wow. I get it." My recommendation for people who aren't scotch drinkers on finding a good scotch is to get yourself 2 fingers of Macallan 15. If you don't enjoy drinking that, then scotch probably isn't for you.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
BUBear03
Next, someone is going to tell me that boones farm is good.
Gunny Hartman
nein51 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

GoldMind said:

The mom does Leelas voice on Futurama. She went from one underrated show to another.
she was also on Sons of Anarchy and 8 Simple Rules (which i loved until John Ritter sadly died)

She was awesome on Sons. Also, she's married to the show's creator.

Nico nicotera an actor from SOA and I went to high school together. I've never seen a single episode.

And her name is Katie segal

Bro, you've never seen SOA? You've got to fix that. It's bad ass. I'd watch it all over again. Pretty cool you're friends with Ratboy
Sunny
Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

GoldMind said:

The mom does Leelas voice on Futurama. She went from one underrated show to another.
she was also on Sons of Anarchy and 8 Simple Rules (which i loved until John Ritter sadly died)

She was also on Lost.
Gunny Hartman
DioNoZeus said:

Wooldogg said:

sswienton said:

Crash Davis said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Buncha fruity pantsed beer snobs. It's not like we're talking about something important like whisky.
Beer snobs are the worst.
Music snobs equally so :p

Which is worse:
A beer snob discussing music or a music snob drinking beer?

Often they're one and the same. With their MacBook Pros and their horn rimmed glasses... manicured and oiled lumberjack beard and ironic flannel...

Post flagged for profiling. Some of us were into craft beer and music before the hipster d-bags were. Don't need the glasses (my vision is better than yours, just like my taste in beer and music), my beard is well trimmed sans oil and isn't housing any rodents, and I wear ironic t-shirts (proud father of an Aggie scholar), not flannel.

Ironic NoZe is ironic. Btw thank you for your service.
Gunny Hartman
Dubbicans said:

Roy Rogers said:

Crash Davis said:

nein51 said:

Interesting.

Then I had a buddy introduce me to Glenlivet 18 and I thought, "oh wow. I get it." My recommendation for people who aren't scotch drinkers on finding a good scotch is to get yourself 2 fingers of Macallan 15. If you don't enjoy drinking that, then scotch probably isn't for you.

You're making my mouth water and liquor stores are closed on Sunday dammit. Laws are stupid.
BUBear03
Try a Balvenie 18 or 21. Crazy good. One I recently tried that I like a lot is Loch Lamond. I had the 12, and it was nice if you like a smokier flavor.

I love bourbon, too. Blanton's is my go-to there.
1outawayBear
Gunny Hartman said:

nein51 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

GoldMind said:

Nico nicotera an actor from SOA and I went to high school together. I've never seen a single episode.

Bro, you've never seen SOA? You've got to fix that. It's bad ass. I'd watch it all over again. Pretty cool you're friends with Ratboy

Ha my dog was named after a character in the show, I changed it once I got him. Named him Jax originally?
AceThedic
DioNoZeus said:

exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

Used it to chase midol. Nothing happened.

You know what show is underrated? Sex and the City.
nein51
BUBear03 said:

I wish I was a guy that knew how to work on cars. I've always liked the idea of restoring something, but I won't have someone do it for me bacause I feel like I'd need to know something about working on it myself. Although on new models, it seems like you may need a laptop more than a wrench.

Car is a car. I can tell you that people who work on them professionally are a LOT smarter than they are given credit for.
Gunny Hartman
exr29070 said:

DioNoZeus said:

exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

Turn in your man card immediately
GoldMind
Gunny Hartman said:

exr29070 said:

DioNoZeus said:

exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

Says the guy who can sing every Shania Twain hit
nein51
Gunny Hartman said:

nein51 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

GoldMind said:

Nope. Never got in to it.
GoldMind
nein51 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

nein51 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

GoldMind said:

Nope. Never got in to it.

Never did either
Gunny Hartman
GoldMind said:

Gunny Hartman said:

exr29070 said:

DioNoZeus said:

exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

Weren't you just telling me the other day that you "Feel Like a Woman?"
nein51
GoldMind said:

Gunny Hartman said:

exr29070 said:

DioNoZeus said:

exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

That Canadian is fine as hell. Not my kind of music but holy moly.
GoldMind
nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Gunny Hartman said:

exr29070 said:

DioNoZeus said:

exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

Is she STILL fine. It's a question of staying power.
desertbear
Gunny Hartman said:

Dubbicans said:

Roy Rogers said:

Crash Davis said:

nein51 said:

Interesting.

You're making my mouth water and liquor stores are closed on Sunday dammit. Laws are stupid.
Sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to taunt you with the fact that this morning at 9:00 a.m. I went to the grocery store and picked up a six pack of Firestone 805 (for me), a bottle of tequila (for Mrs. desertbear) and eggs (for breakfast).

You need to move somewhere that doesn't have silly laws.
Gunny Hartman
nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Gunny Hartman said:

exr29070 said:

DioNoZeus said:

exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

She's an abomination to all that is holy about country music.

Years ago I had a buddy who's father was a Nashville music producer. One time we were over his house listening to country music when a Shania Twain song came on. He and I we're talking about how crappy the song was when suddenly his dad chipped in, "Oh yeah, I've got a box full of Eileen's audition tapes in the studio. Good-looking woman. Wish I had known when she was auditioning that one day autotune was going to be invented."
Gunny Hartman
desertbear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Dubbicans said:

Roy Rogers said:

Crash Davis said:

nein51 said:

Interesting.

Sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to taunt you with the fact that this morning at 9:00 a.m. I went to the grocery store and picked up a six pack of Firestone 805 (for me), a bottle of tequila (for Mrs. desertbear) and eggs (for breakfast).

You need to move somewhere that doesn't have silly laws.

It's worth it to live in the Promised Land. Only downside is when it comes to liquor you have to plan ahead.
AceThedic
Driving in a 50 mph 3 lane right now, green light at the intersection, and this idiot runs the red light to turn, and of course, of the 3 lanes, picks mine, and proceeds to go 20.

I'm raging. Drive up, intending to get next to them for at least a stare down... And as I get closer I see an A&M alumni bumper sticker, license plate, and chrome emblem.

I went from rage to kinda feeling bad for him. It takes real courage to try to operate a vehicle with that condition. Hang in there little guy.
GoldMind
Are Craftsman tools really any better than anything else?
nein51
GoldMind said:

Are Craftsman tools really any better than anything else?

Absolutely not.

Craftsman used to be pretty decent hand tools. They aren't that any more.

Same for SK

I have probably 60k in Matco tools but other guys swear by snap-on or Mac. I prefer the Snap-on wrenches to the other brands. They are, however, approx $35 per wrench. So let's say an 8mm-24mm set is something like $500 bucks.

Craftsman stuff is fine for home use and it's not crappy junk but it's certainly not high end tooling.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.