Trump vs Desantis

18,004 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

Adam Townsend knows his stuff. Dude has made numerous predictions that are always spot on and come to fruition.

What predictions that were correct

I hear he is wrong 90% of the time

I'm sure you have a link
whiterock
KaiBear said:

Trump is finished .

Anyone who votes for him in any Republican primary is either incredibly ignorant of the political realities or a Democrat.

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Trump is finished .

Anyone who votes for him in any Republican primary is either incredibly ignorant of the political realities or a Democrat.

Way too early. We are a year out from Convention and 6 months until 1st primary. Plus, we don't have a popular vote like that to determine winner, it will come down to 6 or 7 keys states. This is all media fodder and Trumpettes trying to chase off competition.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Trump is finished .

Way too early. We are a year out from Convention and 6 months until 1st primary. Plus, we don't have a popular vote like that to determine winner, it will come down to 6 or 7 keys states. This is all media fodder and Trumpettes trying to chase off competition.
Morning Consult is a respectable main-line poll......

The race will see-saw. Biden will struggle to maintain a lead, as HE is the incumbent now.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Trump is finished .

The race will see-saw. Biden will struggle to maintain a lead, as HE is the incumbent now.
But the popular vote is misleading. There are only several States that are going to make a difference. CA is only worth 55, no matter how many votes Biden gets. FL is only 29, no matter how many Trump/DeSantis/Haley get.

Same goes for Primary. Trump can only win so many delegates in his strongholds, it will be the other areas that determine the nominee.

So, this National Polling only keeps people from voting as they get either a false sense of security or they think it is over and their vote won't matter.

I am much more interested how Biden vs Trump plays out in PA, WI, MI and OH. How Biden does in NC and GA. Can AZ go back Red? For the nominee, where are we after Super Tuesday and how the Primary schedule plays out? That is the important piece, if Trump is not getting his numbers until late will they come out? If Haley or DeSantis can get a few early wins, does the Trump support falter?

Those are the questions that will determine the next President, not whether the National Poll numbers show a big lead for Trump in the Primary or Biden in the National.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Trump is finished .

But the popular vote is misleading. There are only several States that are going to make a difference. CA is only worth 55, no matter how many votes Biden gets. FL is only 29, no matter how many Trump/DeSantis/Haley get.

Same goes for Primary. Trump can only win so many delegates in his strongholds, it will be the other areas that determine the nominee.

So, this National Polling only keeps people from voting as they get either a false sense of security or they think it is over and their vote won't matter.

I am much more interested how Biden vs Trump plays out in PA, WI, MI and OH. How Biden does in NC and GA. Can AZ go back Red? For the nominee, where are we after Super Tuesday and how the Primary schedule plays out? That is the important piece, if Trump is not getting his numbers until late will they come out? If Haley or DeSantis can get a few early wins, does the Trump support falter?

Those are the questions that will determine the next President, not whether the National Poll numbers show a big lead for Trump in the Primary or Biden in the National.
true, one cannot dismiss the points you made there. one can also not ignore the trends in the national polls. A candidate that is up 4-5pts in national polling is probably also up enough in swing states as well. And the trends in those swing states usually do follow the national trends, although not necessarily to the same degree. Moreover, I don't cite the polls to show where the race WILL be on election day. Just to note where it appears to be today, and from there we can analyze what's working & what's not. So it is noteworthy when Trump pulls even with Biden in national polls. Also noteworthy when Desantis falls back even with Biden in national polls, which several have shown for a while. That all makes sense.

Biden is going to struggle to maintain a polling lead. He's a terrible POTUS with a terrible record. Trump can easily pull ahead of him, even in swing states.

And I think the odds are very high we will have one or more third party candidates, which may have significant impact on the race. I can see several scenarios where third parties favor Trump more than other GOP candidates. But that's more brainstorming than assessment. Too early.....

The polls are kinda all over the place, but seems like Desantis is making up some ground on Trump. Going to be an interesting primary. Looking forward to it. Whoever wins it should be our next POTUS.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Trump is finished .

true, one cannot dismiss the points you made there. one can also not ignore the trends in the national polls. A candidate that is up 4-5pts in national polling is probably also up enough in swing states as well. And the trends in those swing states usually do follow the national trends, although not necessarily to the same degree. Moreover, I don't cite the polls to show where the race WILL be on election day. Just to note where it appears to be today, and from there we can analyze what's working & what's not. So it is noteworthy when Trump pulls even with Biden in national polls. Also noteworthy when Desantis falls back even with Biden in national polls, which several have shown for a while. That all makes sense.

Biden is going to struggle to maintain a polling lead. He's a terrible POTUS with a terrible record. Trump can easily pull ahead of him, even in swing states.

And I think the odds are very high we will have one or more third party candidates, which may have significant impact on the race. I can see several scenarios where third parties favor Trump more than other GOP candidates. But that's more brainstorming than assessment. Too early.....

The polls are kinda all over the place, but seems like Desantis is making up some ground on Trump. Going to be an interesting primary. Looking forward to it. Whoever wins it should be our next POTUS.
I think Haley is a Dark Horse here... She is appearing as the adult in the room.

Trump is Trump
DeSantis is coming off as only interested in anti-woke
Christie is the attack dog
Haley is coming off as reasonable.

As this plays out, reasonable may be appealing by Super Tuesday.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Trump is finished .

I think Haley is a Dark Horse here... She is appearing as the adult in the room.

Trump is Trump

Haley is indeed reasonable but working too hard to stay that way and for that reason will not break 5-percent. Only Pence has a chance to break into double digits, and even then it will be at Desantis's expense.

Desantis is wise to focus on anti-woke. It is the coming thing. Look at CA about to adopt a dupe of the Canada law requiring parents to affirm transgenderism or lose their kids....opposition rates exceeding 70% depending on how question is asked. Ordinary people are not interested much in politics and pull levers for very shallow reasons.....like "Trump is an ass" or "Trump is for the little guy." Nothing is going to galvanize public opinion on something tangible like government literally telling you how to raise your kids, or else. Watch the mom vote turn massively and unreasonably red. I also think the anti-woke issue is a genuine personal concern for RDS, and I think he could be a more effective messenger on it than Trump.

Smart money right now is that it's a two-man race between Trump and Desantis, and Trump will win. That could change. I think the race will pull closer than the current polling indicates, as the also-rans start to drop out of the race and into the RDS column. RDS could sweep the first three primaries,and then when his home state. At that point, how big of a battle royale it becomes will simply be a matter of how much his momentum can eat into Trump's support, make Trump look weak, etc.... Could get neck & neck & very hot.

Still suggest a Trump/Desantis ticket is the most likely outcome. The closer the race, the more imperative it will become. Should Desantis fall short, his donors will be screaming at him to say yes to VP. They will want some kind of return on their investment, and there will be a long list of other positives, too.
muddybrazos
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Trump is finished .

Trump is Trump

You must work for Boeing or Raytheon if you're a Nikki fan.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Trump is finished .

Trump is Trump

Haley is indeed reasonable but working too hard to stay that way and for that reason will not break 5-percent. Only Pence has a chance to break into double digits, and even then it will be at Desantis's expense.

Desantis is wise to focus on anti-woke. It is the coming thing. Look at CA about to adopt a dupe of the Canada law requiring parents to affirm transgenderism or lose their kids....opposition rates exceeding 70% depending on how question is asked. Ordinary people are not interested much in politics and pull levers for very shallow reasons.....like "Trump is an ass" or "Trump is for the little guy." Nothing is going to galvanize public opinion on something tangible like government literally telling you how to raise your kids, or else. Watch the mom vote turn massively and unreasonably red. I also think the anti-woke issue is a genuine personal concern for RDS, and I think he could be a more effective messenger on it than Trump.

Smart money right now is that it's a two-man race between Trump and Desantis, and Trump will win. That could change. I think the race will pull closer than the current polling indicates, as the also-rans start to drop out of the race and into the RDS column. RDS could sweep the first three primaries,and then when his home state. At that point, how big of a battle royale it becomes will simply be a matter of how much his momentum can eat into Trump's support, make Trump look weak, etc.... Could get neck & neck & very hot.

Still suggest a Trump/Desantis ticket is the most likely outcome. The closer the race, the more imperative it will become. Should Desantis fall short, his donors will be screaming at him to say yes to VP. They will want some kind of return on their investment, and there will be a long list of other positives, too.

RDS has to do better. Right now, he is not moving the needle. I think you are putting too much into the woke stuff. The woke stuff is burning itself out, see even the White House has had a enough.
FLBear5630
muddybrazos said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Trump is finished .

Trump is Trump

You must work for Boeing or Raytheon if you're a Nikki fan.
Defense contractors, at least we get a return on that investment!
Aliceinbubbleland
FLBear5630 said:

Trump is Trump

She will probably wind up as Veep candidate unless she stumbles badly
FLBear5630
Aliceinbubbleland said:

FLBear5630 said:

Trump is Trump

Don't disagree...
Doc Holliday
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Adam Townsend knows his stuff. Dude has made numerous predictions that are always spot on and come to fruition.

I'm sure you have a link
He retweets all of his stuff from several years ago that have come to fruition.

Go check his timeline.
Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm sure you have a link

Go check his timeline.

I'm sure he retweets his correct predictions, the 10%
Mothra
Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm sure you have a link

Go check his timeline.
Is it his prediction Haley is going to challenge Donald, and supplant DeSantis as the main challenger?

If so, man, I just don't see it.
Doc Holliday
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm sure you have a link

Go check his timeline.

I'm sure he retweets his correct predictions, the 10%
What has he gotten wrong?
Doc Holliday
Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm sure you have a link

Go check his timeline.
Is it his prediction Haley is going to challenge Donald, and supplant DeSantis as the main challenger?

FLBear5630
Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm sure you have a link

Go check his timeline.

I agree. I think Haley is the one left standing at the end. I think Trump will have other problems, if not Docs, GA, NY and whatever other lawsuit that will come his way. There is no way that he is left standing after the Convention, probably before.
Mothra
Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm sure you have a link

Go check his timeline.

Thanks.

I just don't see that happening. What do you think?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm sure you have a link

Go check his timeline.
I kind of agree with Mothra. I just don't see Nikki gaining any traction. Not sure she will even win her home state of South Carolina (vs. Tim Scott).

Ron DeSantis' lack of movement in the polls is concerning.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm sure you have a link

Go check his timeline.
I kind of agree with Mothra. I just don't see Nikki gaining any traction. Not sure she will even win her home state of South Carolina (vs. Tim Scott).

Just can't see Trump making it to the General Election. Not physically, but as a viable political option. I think he will be so damaged and his own personality will do him in. If he is the nominee, buy electric vehicles...

Anthony Scaramucci agrees with me, maybe I am wrong...
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

I'm sure you have a link

Go check his timeline.

Just can't see Trump making it to the General Election. Not physically, but as a viable political option. I think he will be so damaged and his own personality will do him in. If he is the nominee, buy electric vehicles...

Anthony Scaramucci agrees with me, maybe I am wrong...

When what you're seeing doesn't make sense, try to figure out what you're missing.

Aliceinbubbleland
Who is Interactive Poll?
whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Who is Interactive Poll?
It's a Twitter acct that posts polling results from various polling units.
whiterock

As I predicted, RDS is seeing his numbers vs Biden sag as he gets introduced to a national audience by his opponents on both sides of the aisle.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How the F*** is Biden allowed to even escape Memory Care???? What the Eff is wrong with people???? My God we are stupid, as a country!! We no longer deserve to lead the free world. We deserve to be a third world country!

-- Barack Obama
Aliceinbubbleland
whiterock said:

As I predicted, RDS is seeing his numbers vs Biden sag as he gets introduced to a national audience by his opponents on both sides of the aisle.

Unfortunately for all of his supporters he has turned out to be a huge disaster on a national scale and so very disappointing. I had high hopes back in the fall of 2022 but they have totally evaporated.
4th and Inches
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

How the F*** is Biden allowed to even escape Memory Care???? What the Eff is wrong with people???? My God we are stupid, as a country!! We no longer deserve to lead the free world. We deserve to be a third world country!
joe biden and the dem party get A 4 year campaign for their guy and a 4 year campaign against their opponent thru MSM.. its always an uphill climb
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Relax!! I think your boy Dementia Joe has got this. No worries!!!! Goodnight.

-- Barack Obama
Thee University
Aliceinbubbleland said:

FLBear5630 said:

Trump is Trump

Kari Lake seems like she will be willing to do anything to be Trump's VP. Anything.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The power brokers who reside in DC have plowed the ground and the elected representatives and lobbyists have sown the seeds. Throw in about 300,000,000 of the 331M being complete, certifiable idiots who really don't care and you get a Joe Biden or a Donald Trump in the Oval Office.

Both Biden and Trump are poison for the US. Biden much more so than Trump.

If we get nuked in the near future I hope the epicenter is Washington DC. That cesspool has earned it and we would be better off as a country to scrape the charred landscape off and start over.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

He needs to get away from the WOKE **** and start talking about Governing. He is going down a dead end for election, the number of people that will vote fighting woke is not enough to win. "IT IS THE ECONOMY STUPID!" Carville was right. We have to even the playing field - Student Loans, Housing, Fuel Costs, Cost of Living and getting the younger generation to believe there is a future. The woke stuff is not going to win an election.
whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland said:

whiterock said:

Unfortunately for all of his supporters he has turned out to be a huge disaster on a national scale and so very disappointing. I had high hopes back in the fall of 2022 but they have totally evaporated.
I think the long delay in the wings hurt him far worse than he and his team anticipated. It allowed both Trump and the Dems to define him to a very large percentage of the population. Things might have been different had he jumped in right after the mid-terms when Trump was reeling.

Timing matters an awful lot in politics.

And there is one other factor two that must be pointed out, no matter how much is causes the teeth of his detractors to clench......Trump is pretty good at this game. He will be a very tough out, primary or general.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

whiterock said:

I think the long delay in the wings hurt him far worse than he and his team anticipated. It allowed both Trump and the Dems to define him to a very large percentage of the population. Things might have been different had he jumped in right after the mid-terms when Trump was reeling.

Timing matters an awful lot in politics.

And there is one other factor two that must be pointed out, no matter how much is causes the teeth of his detractors to clench......Trump is pretty good at this game. He will be a very tough out, primary or general.
Primary, yes. He will be a tough out.

General, it will be a massacre, it is going to be worse than 2020. Wait until you see the Dem turnout. Trump has pretty much maxed his voters, Biden may crack 100 million. And the GOP will run him out again...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.