Trump Shot

59,566 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by boognish_bear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Welcome back to Fox News
Thank God...It had been turning CNN!
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Aliceinbubbleland
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Welcome back to Fox News
Actually I think that is outdated. This is TruthSocial
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
Aliceinbubbleland
CNN has about as much chance in here as Livingstone drinking Jack Daniels at church.
boognish_bear
Hope this isnt accurate

boognish_bear
OsoCoreyell
Jack Bauer said:

"Republicans pounce on assassination attempt..."

Bill Kristol is a "republican" from the days when being a republican was defined by whether or not you hated the Kenedys. With the possible exception of David French, there's no one whom Trump has deranged more completely.
BUGWBBear
boognish_bear said:

He's only sorry he got caught saying it. ****ting Bull needs to be in GITMO with his useless wife.
Aliceinbubbleland
boognish_bear said:

I'd vote for this guy for President easily. We need lots more like him.
Fre3dombear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Uh. It wasn't just Bill. This man has no backbone whatsoever and is undeserving of office.

You realize this is exactly in part why he chose him

An Uber educated never trumper came to be able to see through the filter the left gets their marching orders from to recognize he's not the Hitler they say and want him to be

Trump put his life literally on the line for this country and his vision.

Trump hit the bullseye with this pick

Similarly, Paul murdered and persecuted Christians but some hear the call and see the light
Fre3dombear
Fre3dombear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Uh. It wasn't just Bill. This man has no backbone whatsoever and is undeserving of office.

You realize this is exactly in part why he chose him

An Uber educated never trumper came to be able to see through the filter the left gets their marching orders from to recognize he's not the Hitler they say and want him to be

Trump put his life literally on the line for this country and his vision.

Trump hit the bullseye with this pick

Similarly, Paul murdered and persecuted Christians but some hear the call and see the light

Vance also said that before converting to Catholicism
Aliceinbubbleland
I wonder if that was crooked Ken Paxton that Speaker Johnson was trying to introduce? If the Speaker forgot his name that would not be surprising. If it was Ken he couldn't gvie a speech without the cheater unless it was cleared by his lawyers and printed in elementary grammar book reader style. That's why they had to play 20 minutes of music lol. He couldn't speak.
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
Somebody is going to get fired, soon.
Assassin
boognish_bear said:

Oops...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
boognish_bear
This is the first I've heard about the extent of Trump's injury. Did he require reconstructive surgery?

Assassin
boognish_bear said:

This is the first I've heard about the extent of Trump's injury. Did he require reconstructive surgery?

Havent heard. Guessing with Trump, he may wear a torn ear as a badge of honor...
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

heard a chunk was missing, first time hearing half his ear
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
4th and Inches said:

boognish_bear said:

heard a chunk was missing, first time hearing half his ear
Well the Trumps do have the gift of exaggeration. Definitely a chunk though, but didn't look like "half" from the pictures.
Redbrickbear
Jacques Strap
Redbrickbear
Jacques Strap said:

Assassin
Jacques Strap said:

ABC reported earlier that the CIA had it at Langley and had cracked it
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Redbrickbear said:

Jacques Strap said:

Ron Paul was so right, definitely under appreciated politician.
Assassin
ABC just said that a helicopter saw someone on the roof of the RNC today....

SWAT goes all out. Turns out to be an HVAC AC guy
Jacques Strap
Assassin said:

ABC just said that a helicopter saw someone on the roof of the RNC today....

SWAT goes all out. Turns out to be an HVAC AC guy
Reminds me of the shooting at a Kroger in Collierville, TN
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collierville_Kroger_shooting

Calls come in to 911 from the store. Active shooter.
Police come into the parking lot and see a guy on the roof.
They take aim and yell at him to freeze. He does.
It was a HVAC guy and he had no idea what was going on inside the store.
Oldbear83
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Somebody is going to get fired, soon.

I expect the detail on scene will be thrown under the bus. Zero chance the head of the Secret Service will be held accountable, nor anyone responsible for pre-event terrain reviews.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
BusyTarpDuster2017
Assassin said:

Jacques Strap said:

ABC reported earlier that the CIA had it at Langley and had cracked it
Some might see that as a suspect having control of the evidence. And I'll say again that such a view isn't absolutely without any merit at this point.

Thanks for the updates. Your name is quite unfortunate, though, LOL.
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
I voted for him
Wangchung
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I voted for him
Same here.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
BylrFan
Seems like the shooter had no political motives, just wanted to be in history books.
ATL Bear
whiterock said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

There is no explanation for why there were no SS teams occupying the roof of the building the shooter used. It's a textbook spot an assassin could have used to execute a shot. It's so obvious. When doing the site survey.....look at a map, look at satellite imagery.....and that leaps out to the eye as the most obvious place to secure. Not just as a theoretical or a potential, not a suitable spot, but a PERFECT spot. CLOSE IN. GOOD ANGLE.

Digging deeper.....

Every terrorist act starts with a casing. The tangos are going to do their own site survey. They'll look at the maps. They'll form to tentative plans. Then they'll do a walk thru. They have to know what obstacles they might face on the way in, while there, on the way out. This kid didn't load up in the car and go sit in traffic until he could wander around and find a place to use. He left his home, armed, knowing exactly where he had to get to to take the shot....how to ingress without being noticed.....how to evade security perimeters, how to evade counter-surveillance, etc.... He did all that without being spotted by SS. He did the casing. He did the ingress. And he got in position to squeeze off a round.

The counter-terror imperative is to spot the planning, the casing, the preparations, the ingress.
Saying the SS failed on this one is a profound understatement. It's inexplicable how they could have not had a counter-sniper team posted at the spot the shooter used.

The agents on scene were heros. But the heroism does not excuse the catastrophic failure of planning, preparation, and execution of sound defense of the protectee. SS must separate leadership from service over this.

This will be investigated and critical blunders will be exposed. My only comment is that when covering a large open outdoor area like this they don't typically put snipers in every position, only positions that serve as overwatches for all or most potential threat areas. So not having someone on the building isn't the failure from my perspective. Failing to manage ingress, either physical or surveillance, slow decision making, failed coordination with proximity support (the agents closest to Trump) and local law enforcement likely covering the area in question, and the most impactful and potentially scandalous one is, given the size of Trump events, how did the denial of additional resources sufficient to better secure him play into the failings. That last one gets the Director canned and puts culpability on some Congress people.

But I am confounded how the sniper team appeared to have the perpetrator in their LOS yet didn't fire until after he had. ROE is pretty clear on that. The entire exchange was 10 seconds from first shot to downed shooter. That doesn't happen unless there's already active engagement. And I'm assuming it was that team that killed the shooter and not some other team. Absolutely inconceivable.
They didn't have to put a sniper team on that building. A couple of local cops would have been sufficient.

The point is to spot the most obvious positions which threaten the protectee, then deny possession of those positions to any adversary. Make an adversary shoot his way into position, thereby revealing himself. That gives time to get the protectee covered and exfil'd before the adversary can secure the position and project his threat downrange. There are several reports that a police office climbed a ladder, saw the perp, then scampered down the ladder when the perp pointed his rifle at him. If only that cop had fired off a round.....just ONE......immediate action drills commence and Trump is covered up before the perp can get reconfigured to squeeze off a round.

I'm neither a swat guy nor a sniper by trade, but presidential protection training is typically a CIA mission done with covert action funds in third world countries, so I have managed some "stuff.' The oversight here is so glaring. How on earth could they have left that rooftop unaddressed in their planning.......it's like choosing to build a fire next to the fuel storage tanks. WTH were they thinking?

As I said, the failure was not protecting ingress. I think as the facts are coming in, it was a horrible failure in protecting it and coordinating it. The local LE vs SS blame game seems to be heating up.
boognish_bear
Doesn't give much insight....just an awkward kid being goofy

boognish_bear
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear said:

God bless them all for giving.

I hope this money helps bring some small consolation or ease to his daughters…I know they must be going through hell if not still in active shock of seeing their father murdered in front of them

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.