Walls & Security...

58,626 Views | 657 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Florda_mike
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Everyone wants a secure border. Many do not think a wall will work. John Cornyn is a republican and says that a physical barrier is not the answer. He said people will go under around or through. Will Hurd represents the district with the longest border. He says that a wall would be the least effective and the most costly..
Doc Holliday
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Everyone wants a secure border. Many do not think a wall will work. John Cornyn is a republican and says that a physical barrier is not the answer. He said people will go under around or through. Will Hurd represents the district with the longest border. He says that a wall would be the least effective and the most effective.
Why do walls work so well in many other countries?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I know you wont believe it but maybe size matters? There are many factors. The Iron Curtain worked wonders but i think it had more to do with posted guards with shoot to kill orders. Terrorists enter through airports. Should we wall off the airports? More terrorists have come through the Canadian border than Southern border. Drugs also come by water and air.

Our immigration policies need to be reworked.
Oldbear83
Wall first, then we can talk.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Why? If you dont want to talk dont. Do you mean you will not be posting until the wall is built.
Oldbear83

Why? If you dont want to talk dont. Do you mean you will not be posting until the wall is built.
No, I mean I remember lies from Democrats from long ago. 1986, Democrats promised Reagan border security if he first gave amnesty to the illegals then. Reagan kept his word, the Democrats did not.

Far as I am concerned, no Democrat should be trusted until they vote for a wall, and it goes up. Until then, hell no.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
What about the republicans that are not in favor of an expensive physical barrier?

I dont trust any democrats and few republicans. What does that have to do with anything? If the majority of Americans want a wall then go for it. Pouting when you dont get your way rarely helps.
Oldbear83

What about the republicans that are not in favor of an expensive physical barrier?
There is no valid reason not to build the wall. Republican or Democrat or Green or Libertarian, or whatever, no one opposing the wall is to be trusted with running the nation, as they violate the first duty of government - to protect citizens from foreign enemies. And yes, illegals are foreign enemies.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
So anyone that doesnt think like you think should not hold office. What about voters that dont think like you think? I thought in America citizens voted for their leaders. now we have to consult with you to tink if they are worthy? Amazing world you live in. You are not always right? Remember the silly statement you made about no dems offering condolences?

There are Americans that dont think a wall is the answer. They love America and are intelligent. Why are you so trusting of Trump?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.)
Amash, an outspoken fiscal conservative and member of the House Freedom Caucus, was one of the two among the group, including several firebrands, to vote against the measure and oppose border wall funding.

Ken Buck (R-Colo.)
Buck, the other House Freedom Caucus member to vote against the bill, went against caucus leaders Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Mark Meadows(R-N.C.) as they pushed Trump to not back down from his demand for border wall funding. He told Colorado Public Radio this month, however, that a border wall shouldn't be the cause for a government shutdown.

Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.)
Curbelo, who lost a reelection bid in November, has been a frequent Trump critic, particularly over the White House's demands on immigration. He helped introduced a bill earlier this year that tied border wall funding in exchange for a path to citizenship for two million young undocumented immigrants brought to the country as children, commonly referred to as "Dreamers."
"I think there's no plan here, there's no end in sight to the current crisis yet again," Curbelo said about the shutdown Thursday on MSNBC.
Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas)
Hurd, a House moderate who won reelection in November by less than 1 point, has pushed for a "smart border wall" that uses "cutting edge" technology to protect the border rather than a physical wall.
"The American people sent us up here to get things done, and the only way we can get things done is by working together," he tweeted Thursday.

Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.)
Paulsen, who lost reelection by double digits in November, has long opposed border wall funding. He's said he supports tighter border security and wants to crack down on people living in the U.S. without documentation, but also wants a fix allowing Dreamers to stay in the country.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.)
Ros-Lehtinen, who was the first Latina elected to Congress, announced earlier this year she would be retiring at the end of her term. Democrats flipped her seat in November. She refused to come out in support of a border wall while representing her majority-Hispanic district and torched the Trump administration earlier this year for its "zero tolerance" immigration policy, which resulted in an increased number of family separations at the border.

Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.)
Upton has said that a border wall may be appropriate in some areas of the border, but that different security measures "may be sufficient" in other areas. He's advocated for legislation that ties "border security" to ending family separations at the border and giving "long-term stability" to Dreamers.

Rep. David Valadao (R-Calif.)
Valadao, who lost reelection by less than a point in November, ripped the Trump administration earlier this year on family separations and been a supporter of tying border security legislation to a fix for Dreamers.

None of these politicians are for open borders. All of them note the importance of border control.

Oldbear83
I bet all Republicans in the House and Senate would vote for a wall, versus doing nothing, which up to now is the Democrats' alternative.

And sure, a lot of those things are a good idea when used in addition and support of a wall.
quash

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.)
Amash, an outspoken fiscal conservative and member of the House Freedom Caucus, was one of the two among the group, including several firebrands, to vote against the measure and oppose border wall funding.

Ken Buck (R-Colo.)
Buck, the other House Freedom Caucus member to vote against the bill, went against caucus leaders Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Mark Meadows(R-N.C.) as they pushed Trump to not back down from his demand for border wall funding. He told Colorado Public Radio this month, however, that a border wall shouldn't be the cause for a government shutdown.

Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.)
Curbelo, who lost a reelection bid in November, has been a frequent Trump critic, particularly over the White House's demands on immigration. He helped introduced a bill earlier this year that tied border wall funding in exchange for a path to citizenship for two million young undocumented immigrants brought to the country as children, commonly referred to as "Dreamers."
"I think there's no plan here, there's no end in sight to the current crisis yet again," Curbelo said about the shutdown Thursday on MSNBC.
Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas)
Hurd, a House moderate who won reelection in November by less than 1 point, has pushed for a "smart border wall" that uses "cutting edge" technology to protect the border rather than a physical wall.
"The American people sent us up here to get things done, and the only way we can get things done is by working together," he tweeted Thursday.

Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.)
Paulsen, who lost reelection by double digits in November, has long opposed border wall funding. He's said he supports tighter border security and wants to crack down on people living in the U.S. without documentation, but also wants a fix allowing Dreamers to stay in the country.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.)
Ros-Lehtinen, who was the first Latina elected to Congress, announced earlier this year she would be retiring at the end of her term. Democrats flipped her seat in November. She refused to come out in support of a border wall while representing her majority-Hispanic district and torched the Trump administration earlier this year for its "zero tolerance" immigration policy, which resulted in an increased number of family separations at the border.

Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.)
Upton has said that a border wall may be appropriate in some areas of the border, but that different security measures "may be sufficient" in other areas. He's advocated for legislation that ties "border security" to ending family separations at the border and giving "long-term stability" to Dreamers.

Rep. David Valadao (R-Calif.)
Valadao, who lost reelection by less than a point in November, ripped the Trump administration earlier this year on family separations and been a supporter of tying border security legislation to a fix for Dreamers.

None of these politicians are for open borders. All of them note the importance of border control.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

I bet all Republicans in the House and Senate would vote for a wall, versus doing nothing, which up to now is the Democrats' alternative.

And sure, a lot of those things are a good idea when used in addition and support of a wall.

The vast majority of Border Patrol agents, US Customs Agents and sheriff deputies I have known over the years.....both in Colorado and in El Paso.....strongly support extending and upgrading the border wall.

Yet each Dem senator 'magically' is against the wall . Amazing such collective 'insight '.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Oldbear83 said:

Ok I accept your bet. Is this going to be another of those statements you cant document?
Florda_mike

Oldbear83 said:

Ok I accept your bet. Is this going to be another of those statements you cant document?

OldBear for once I'd side with LIQ here

Too many RINOs
Oldbear83

Oldbear83 said:

You do a lot of mocking for a man who can't punctuate.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Asking you to prove your statement or accepting your bet is mocking?

And I assure you I can punctuate when I want to. We both graduated from Baylor and have several degrees dont we?
Oldbear83
Can't be sure from the way you write. Nor do you impress me by resorting to 3rd-grade tactics instead of addressing the real issue, which is the wall in respect to border security.
riflebear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
If you doubt I am a Baylor grad there are people here that I have met in person. I am 3rd generation and some here knew my dad.

I have pointed out that several republicans are not in favor of the wall.

I have presented democrats offering condolences to lawmakers families.

I have pointed out that one can be against the wall and still be concerned about border security.

I have stated that I am not for open borders.

I have asked you to name 3 current politicians or 2 posters that support open borders.

I have pointed out that illegal immigration is on a 20 year downward trend.

I have documented the fact that none of the living former presidents have shown support or even talked to the President about the wall. I know his habit of lying might not bother you but it should raise questions about why he feels the need to lie about support.

I have accepted the bet you proposed and await proof of your statement.

I have pointed out that while a great deal of heroin does pass through the Southern border it passes through checkpoints. A 50 ft electric wall fence would not change this. Better border security would.

I have pointed out that no known terrorist have been caught crossing the border. They have been caught in airports and the Canadian border.

OTOH, you have said that anyone that doesn't support a wall should not be able to serve. I dont know if you would have them removed from office.

You have made a false statement about dems and condolences.

You have said we should build a wall first then talk.

You have insulted my punctuation or lack of punctuation.

Our basic disagreement is whether or not a wall should be built. I say there are better ways to control illegal immigration. I have suggested better control over financial transactions through visas. I have suggested better security at border checkpoints and doing away with non border checkpoints. A wall is old technology. It wont stop drugs or terrorists. Instead invest in drones, better patrols, better visa management etc etc. Instead of making emotional appeals and claiming everyone that disagrees with you is stupid and or evil and can't punctuate, explain why the Great Wall of China isn't obsolete. Explain why we need a southern wall but not a Canadian wall. Explain why the visa process can take years or months depending on the color of your skin.

xiledinok
The Trump fans are as delusional as stoned Afghan Fighters shooting at the stars at night.
The border wall is the most defective "needs tails cutoff" idea in the history of the United States.
Technology and human capacity is more effective than stupid fencing, which is already breached and not reliable.

GrowlTowel
Why not do both then?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
cinque
The past really is prologue. From Historian, John Meacham

America should "build a wall of steel, a wall as high as Heaven" against the flow of immigrants.--Georgia Gov. Clifford Walker, at a 1924 convention of the Ku Klux Klan, then a powerful force at a time of strain for the white working class. #PastIsPrologue
Make Racism Wrong Again
Golem
xiledinok said:

The Trump fans are as delusional as stoned Afghan Fighters shooting at the stars at night.
The border wall is the most defective "needs tails cutoff" idea in the history of the United States.
Technology and human capacity is more effective than stupid fencing, which is already breached and not reliable.

Walls work. The San Diego area wall is a perfect example of how incredibly effective they are. Only a moron would deny the efficacy of walls.
contrario
cinque said:

America should "build a wall of steel, a wall as high as Heaven" against the flow of immigrants.--Georgia Gov. Clifford Walker, at a 1924 convention of the Ku Klux Klan, then a powerful force at a time of strain for the white working class. #PastIsPrologue
Quoting a racist democrat that was against all immigration doesn't provide anything meaningful to this discussion. We all know the Democratic Party owes its existence to slavery and racism, no need to remind us.

Now to the topic at hand, a Wall is being proposed to stop illegal immigration. We love legal immigration as it's what our country was built on, but illegal immigration is not tolerated by any other sovereign nation on earth and should not be tolerated here.

For the past several decades we have tried to enforce our borders without a wall. The results have been terrible, even if they are better today than they were 10 years ago. We have millions of people that are here illegally, and it puts a strain on the earning potential of the lower class, which you claim to have an interest in improving, and it puts a strain on all tax payers as a whole. Beyond the financial strains, there is some additional crime that would not be here otherwise but for what is effectively a look the other way immigration policy.

I don't know if a border wall is the answer. We will never know until we try. I would imagine a border wall with 21st century surveillance technology would be effective. But the fact is we must do something. Leaders from both parties have said for decades that we must reduce illegal immigration. This isn't a new issue and it isn't a racist issue. Dragging our feet for another decade or two won't solve the problem.
corncob pipe
fellas !!

when the words fail you... use gifs

Golem
cinque said:

So you drink water!?!? You know who else drank water????

HITLER!!!!
Oldbear83

So anyone that doesnt think like you think should not hold office. What about voters that dont think like you think? I thought in America citizens voted for their leaders. now we have to consult with you to tink if they are worthy? Amazing world you live in. You are not always right? Remember the silly statement you made about no dems offering condolences?

There are Americans that dont think a wall is the answer. They love America and are intelligent. Why are you so trusting of Trump?
What a strange post. Here's what I mean:

"So anyone that doesnt think like you think should not hold office. "

Yes, actually that happens a lot in elections. People vote for someone who "thinks like they think", in pretty much every party.

"What about voters that dont think like you think? "

Obviously I believe they are wrong, either misguided, ignorant or malicious. Again, this is a common opinion among voters regardless of party or position.

" now we have to consult with you to tink if they are worthy?"

I have the right to state my opinion, never suggested I had the power to make others do what I want, I'm not Obama.

"Remember the silly statement you made about no dems offering condolences? "

Yes, and I was amused at the late and weak examples the Lefties here finally threw out.

We need a wall. My opinion is shared by many who work in Border Security and Law Enforcement. Yours is the opinion of New York Baristas and Trump-hating media.
Jack Bauer
Does someone want to tell him?

Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer said:

Does someone want to tell him?

In the fantasy world that leftists live in...the word 'illegal' in 'illegal immigration' doesn't mean anything.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Oldbear83 said:

Yes, actually that happens a lot in elections. People vote for someone who "thinks like they think", in pretty much every party.

Obviously I believe they are wrong, either misguided, ignorant or malicious. Again, this is a common opinion among voters regardless of party or position.

I have the right to state my opinion, never suggested I had the power to make others do what I want, I'm not Obama.

Yes, and I was amused at the late and weak examples the Lefties here finally threw out.

We need a wall. My opinion is shared by many who work in Border Security and Law Enforcement. Yours is the opinion of New York Baristas and Trump-hating media.
My opinion is also shared by several elected republicans.
Golem

Oldbear83 said:

My opinion is also shared by several elected republicans.

Several elected republicans are leftist pieces of s#|t. Congrats.
Waco1947
What's the build out time for the wall if it's passes?
Florda_mike
Weak bs as usual from you

Have you ever known what a RINO is?
Florda_mike
Waco1947 said:

What's the build out time for the wall if it's passes?

Why?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.