Word on the street...

200,169 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
sicemkentucky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nah, don't let us dictate that kind of stuff. We are only salty because we didn't get the gratification we were hoping for within the specified time period. Had it been the other way around we would all be doing back flips right now.
Roy Rogers
GoldMind said:

exr29070 said:

What about flight tracking? Can we flight track this rumor?

Wait, I thought he was hitchhiking.
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
Ludwig von Missi
The clues are out there. No need to apologize just because a few people need it spelled out for them.
BearlyHeardFrom
Crash Davis said:

The clues are out there. No need to apologize just because a few people need it spelled out for them.

/raises hand
dakjd90
Amy had contributed to all the posts about Jalen Mayden this past month. Mayden has moved his commit day up to today and is going to commit to Baylor. I cracked to code!
Colt B.
Staff
Machiavelli said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

These "I Know Something You Don't Know" posts add zero value.
I'm sorry you feel that we are trying to play games. We are trying to let our paying members know that there is good news coming down the pipe. It's a double-edged sword for us to let everyone know or sit on it and let it leak elsewhere all while trying to respect our sources.
I understand the desire to be first with news, but this doesn't really count as telling us anything. At all.
This thread was started by Amy for a reason and is a pretty good of a hint as to where this is headed.

I'll take note that the general consensus is to wait until the news is ready to be released before posting anything. It was my call to inform the board originally.
Thanks, and don't take it personal. You guys (and gals) do an awesome job overall.
I do take it a bit personal all things considered. Maybe I'm a little light on the trigger to address it, but our job is to provide value for a subscription. Putting out what we can when we feel confident in it is a decision we have to make and it's one we made with this news.

Obviously there are plenty of people who don't like the way it was handled, but there is a fine line and providing value and reacting to the news.
Ccarlisi
Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

I'm sorry you feel that we are trying to play games. We are trying to let our paying members know that there is good news coming down the pipe. It's a double-edged sword for us to let everyone know or sit on it and let it leak elsewhere all while trying to respect our sources.
I understand the desire to be first with news, but this doesn't really count as telling us anything. At all.
This thread was started by Amy for a reason and is a pretty good of a hint as to where this is headed.

I'll take note that the general consensus is to wait until the news is ready to be released before posting anything. It was my call to inform the board originally.
Thanks, and don't take it personal. You guys (and gals) do an awesome job overall.
I do take it a bit personal all things considered. Maybe I'm a little light on the trigger to address it, but our job is to provide value for a subscription. Putting out what we can when we feel confident in it is a decision we have to make and it's one we made with this news.

Obviously there are plenty of people who don't like the way it was handled, but there is a fine line and providing value and reacting to the news.
We definitely appreciate y'all putting this stuff out there, or at least I do. Just a bummer it has taken the full 24 and then some to be made public. Message board posters arent the most patient haha
dakjd90
dakjd90 said:

Amy had contributed to all the posts about Jalen Mayden this past month. Mayden has moved his commit day up to today and is going to commit to Baylor. I cracked to code!
but this wouldn't make sense as we just offered a QB. That would be awkward if Mayden was set to commit, so that leaves me back at square 1. Apparently some people have been able to crack the code but are either too condescending or just want to keep the info to themselves! this is the board to let the speculation fly!
Wooldogg
Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

I wouldn't say that it is general consensus. It may not even be the vocal consensus. Hell, I like it. It hasn't come to fruition yet and that's fine by me. Still has me looking forward to finding out.

This is a message board, not a newspaper. No need to wait and report yesterday's news after it happens IMO.

You guys do an exceptional job with this board.
Ludwig von Missi
Wooldogg said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

I wouldn't say that it is general consensus. It may not even be the vocal consensus. Hell, I like it. It hasn't come to fruition yet and that's fine by me. Still has me looking forward to finding out.

This is a message board, not a newspaper. No need to wait and report yesterday's news after it happens IMO.

Agreed.
schapman1124
Wooldogg said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

My thoughts. I enjoy knowing good news is coming. Amy, Colt and staff do a great job.
Roy Rogers
Totally agree.
Sunny
Damned if you do ("I hate these cryptic posts with no information! Such a tease!"), damned if you don't (you told everyone on Twitter first for free before telling your paid subscribers!").

I appreciate the heads-up. Thanks!
ButterflyFX
Sunny03 said:

Damned if you do ("I hate these cryptic posts with no information! Such a tease!"), damned if you don't (you told everyone on Twitter first for free before telling your paid subscribers!").

I appreciate the heads-up. Thanks!
My thoughts exactly. In the big scheme of things, It's not that serious, is it?
Chad 2 the Bone
I like the teases and rampant speculation. It produces some funny posts and so long as you keep it all in perspective (we're pretty much grown adults obsessing over the decisions of high school kids after all), it's really not a big deal if nothing comes to fruition or if the "big news" isn't quite as a big as you hoped or expected.

This site is fantastic - keep up the great work.
Scott_Lankford
dakjd90 said:

dakjd90 said:

but this wouldn't make sense as we just offered a QB. That would be awkward if Mayden was set to commit, so that leaves me back at square 1. Apparently some people have been able to crack the code but are either too condescending or just want to keep the info to themselves! this is the board to let the speculation fly!
Clavin
Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

Colt B. said:

Machiavelli said:

Personally, I think this board offers great value with its information...about recruits, coaching dynamics, practices, etc. I don't subscribe to get "breaking news", as social media makes breaking news a non-event. Heck, I have no problem with 365 tweeting news first, then posting here...my life isn't enriched by knowing something a few minutes before the rest of the world. And, posts like this thread aren't news...just innuendo that you know something.

I suspect you mods feel that you need to tease it out there to enhance or validate your credibility with your subscribers. Not with me. I've never thought there was much value in "breaking news"...as the whole world has it immediately after. The value is in information...for me, at least.

Bigkahunaww
Put me in the camp that has enjoyed this thread.
Some very entertaining posts.

As for the site, I have been thoroughly impressed. Being a football fanatic I look forward daily to the reports
from practice, the coaching interviews and recruiting info.

Everything else that is provided is gravy.
1713 Baylor
We've gotten 8 pages of posts about it and had some fun Colt, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Our site is an analog to the PT Barnum quote about fooling some of the people all the time etc.:

You can please some of the people all the time.

You can please all of the people some of the time.

You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Thanks for trying and for putting this particular item out there. The best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray (particularly when fueled by the decisions of 17-18 year old kids).
Toph
dakjd90 said:

dakjd90 said:

Can we all take a moment to appreciate that dakjd90 has now answered his own question and is having a discussion with himself.
BaylorLit 01
Roy Rogers
Toph said:

dakjd90 said:

dakjd90 said:

Can we all take a moment to appreciate that dakjd90 has now answered his own question and is having a discussion with himself.
sicemkentucky
The anticipation of major recruiting news has resulted in an inability to control his inner-monologue.
Gunny Hartman
Anyone know a good place to get donuts
Sunny
sicemkentucky said:

The anticipation of major recruiting news has resulted in an inability to control his inner-monologue.
Live feed of dakjd90:
Hob Howelll
Gunny Hartman said:

Eww those are bad for you

Shipley's
AceThedic
Gunny Hartman said:

Depends how far you're willing to travel, apparently.
dakjd90
Toph said:

dakjd90 said:

dakjd90 said:

I had to correct my what seems to be my false assumption! I was also hoping those that said we can't put the pieces together can get over their smugness and self-importance and fill the rest of us apparent idiots in because I've followed this site for awhile and I don't get it. And I haven't heard any other theories yet lol
Hob Howelll
dakjd90 said:

Toph said:

dakjd90 said:

dakjd90 said:

I had to correct my what seems to be my false assumption! I was also hoping those that said we can't put the pieces together can get over their smugness and self-importance and fill the rest of us apparent idiots in because I've followed this site for awhile and I don't get it. And I haven't heard any other theories yet lol

Reading between the lines I'm thinking it has to do with Hurd
dakjd90
The Hound said:

dakjd90 said:

Toph said:

dakjd90 said:

dakjd90 said:

Reading between the lines I'm thinking it has to do with Hurd

Thank you
Ludwig von Missi
dakjd90 said:

Toph said:

dakjd90 said:

dakjd90 said:

I guess I am one of the guys you're talking about. Not trying to be smug...just trying to respect the mods' info. I figured if they wanted it spelled out they would do it themselves, but there was a reason they decided to drop hints instead. Could be wrong on that though.
dakjd90
Crash Davis said:

dakjd90 said:

Toph said:

dakjd90 said:

dakjd90 said:

I guess I am one of the guys you're talking about. Not trying to be smug...just trying to respect the mods' info. I figured if they wanted it spelled out they would do it themselves, but there was a reason they decided to drop hints instead. Could be wrong on that though.

You could be right. I saw it as "we will drop hints so hopefully somebody figured it out and says it and we can maintain our journalistic integrity because we didn't leak the information, they just found out" haha
Bigkahunaww
Gunny Hartman said:

Best place was Two Minnie's.

But some knowledgeable folks on here have said it closed down.
GoldMind
Bigkahunaww said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Best place was Two Minnie's.

But some knowledgeable folks on here have said it closed down.

FUN HATERS!!!
riflebear
Finally the Whole Foods rumor is coming true.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.