Word on the street...

199,508 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want any Bob Wills or Jimmy Martin vinyl I can find.
BaylorBears_254
I feel like I've been trapped in an elevator with you guys and waiting to be rescued for 4 days.
nein51
BaylorBears_254 said:

I feel like I've been trapped in an elevator with you guys and waiting to be rescued for 4 days.

The difference is that the door on the elevator is open. All you have to do is walk out.

It's a little like hotel California. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

On a serious not. Click the binoculars. Hit edit. Then you can "unsubscribe" from a thread.

But why would you want to do that? We were just about to throw on some Harry Connick, Jr.
GoldMind
nein51 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

The difference is that the door on the elevator is open. All you have to do is walk out.

It's a little like hotel California. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

On a serious not. Click the binoculars. Hit edit. Then you can "unsubscribe" from a thread.

But why would you want to do that? We were just about to throw on some Harry Connick, Jr.
The most famous reggae song of all time.
Dubbicans
Just gonna throw this out there, but the boys from Central Idaho and their Reckless version of Texas Country are the greatest songbirds of our generation.
BaylorBears_254
nein51 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I assume you didn't find the humor in my post, so that leads me to think you have a problem with me. I've actually been entertaining this thread, so if YOU would like, you can place me on ignore, or better yet "unsubscribe"
Bahamabear
Just wanna add my first album was Kiss, Love Gun

And John Cougar is still the worst singer of all time
Edmond Bear
BaylorBears_254 said:

{ding}
{elevator doors open and I start to walk in}
{think to myself -"good lord what is that smell?"}
{quickly backpedal out}
{doors close as the sound Texas Swing music recedes down the elevator shaft}
nein51
BaylorBears_254 said:

nein51 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I assume you didn't find the humor in my post, so that leads me to think you have a problem with me. I've actually been entertaining this thread, so if YOU would like, you can place me on ignore, or better yet "unsubscribe"

Nope no problem at all. It was meant to be funny and helpful as I'm sure some people wish to unsubscribe lol
AceThedic
BaylorBears_254 said:

nein51 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I read his post 100% as going along with the elevator joke, relax.
GoldMind
Bahamabear said:

Just wanna add my first album was Kiss, Love Gun

And John Cougar is still the worst singer of all time

Lol we got something for you come tailgate time.

AceThedic
Can't stand country but if I could find some original british heavy metal, either underground or first wave, I'd be delighted.

Captain Beefheart even. That ****'s impossible to find. Might as well have all been printed on 78's.
AceThedic
I was listening to Love Gun yesterday!!!!! Still love it.
Amy Pagitt
I don't know whether to be pissed off or just sit here in complete awe of this thread.
BaylorLit 01
Colt clarified it yesterday for us. The news was delivered to Baylor but for whatever reason they're just sitting on the news for now (my words, not his). You reported what any of us would have. Now we're just having fun seeing how weird this thing can get.
KEBasketball
exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

The pops and hissing of vinyl is perfect. Exactly how it should be.

Nah. Clavine is right. Digital lossless is way better sound quality.

I just hunted a vinyl original pressing of led zeppelin IV. The hunt is fun... The process of listening is fun. The way you're kind of forced to listen to the whole album instead of effortlessly skipping around is fun. It was the first time I had ever heard early metal. My mom asked a young me if Id ever heard Stairway to Heaven and played it for me. I was hooked.... This reminiscing is EXTREMELY fun.

But a digital remaster will sound way better. It's nostalgia we're after.
Backmasking - digital misses this little bit of history.

- KEB

ps - the good news is contained in a reversed spin section of the Beatles' Abbey Road...
Dubbicans
Amy Pagitt said:

I don't know whether to be pissed off or just sit here in complete awe of this thread.
Choose door #2. This thread is absolutely unreal, and in a good way.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
Roy Rogers
Amy Pagitt said:

Why would you be pissed when you started one of the most awesome threads in SicEm365 history???!!!???
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
BaylorLit 01
Don't be..

GoldMind
Tupac's real name was Lesane Parish Crooks.
AceThedic
KEBasketball said:

exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

I just hunted a vinyl original pressing of led zeppelin IV. The hunt is fun... The process of listening is fun. The way you're kind of forced to listen to the whole album instead of effortlessly skipping around is fun. It was the first time I had ever heard early metal. My mom asked a young me if Id ever heard Stairway to Heaven and played it for me. I was hooked.... This reminiscing is EXTREMELY fun.

- KEB

ps - the good news is contained in a reversed spin section of the Beatles' Abbey Road...
CD's missed it but it's absolutely possible on digital now; software can reverse any track you want.
AceThedic
GoldMind said:

If Machiavelli had post this I'd be freaking out rn.
UBBY
My dad told me something I never heard before. He got a walk on offer from Baylor after his senior season. He just didn't think he could afford it living in a poor family. Would've been crazy to see replays of my dad playing for Baylor. He was similar to Taylor Young except hit a lot harder. He was 5'8 180 lbs. He said he only really enjoyed playing when he heard players bones crunching when he hit them, or hit them hard enough to incapacitate them which he did regularly.
Roy Rogers
GoldMind said:

Should I be ashamed that I don't know one song by Tupac? (He was a singer wasn't he?)
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
Amy Pagitt
I ain't mad at cha.
GoldMind
Roy Rogers said:

GoldMind said:

Should I be ashamed that I don't know one song by Tupac? (He was a singer wasn't he?)
Not necessarily ashamed, but despite the subject matter of his songs, hes arguably one of the best songwriters of the 20th century.
Bahamabear
exr29070 said:

Paul, Gene, Ace and Peter
AceThedic
Bahamabear said:

exr29070 said:

Paul, Gene, Ace and Peter
Paul, Gene, Tommy, and Eric
AceThedic
Amy Pagitt said:

I ain't mad at cha.
lmao
nein51
Roy Rogers said:

GoldMind said:

Even if not your genre (and for many on here it certainly wouldn't have been) he was a hell of a songwriter and musician.

nein51
exr29070 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

I ain't mad at cha.
lmao

That deserved a blue star...shame we can't do that for mods
AceThedic
I air guitar so hard to Strutter and Firehouse. The last time I saw them live they did Firehouse and God of Thunder and the place went NUTS.
KEBasketball
exr29070 said:

KEBasketball said:

exr29070 said:

nein51 said:

- KEB

CD's missed it but it's absolutely possible on digital now; software can reverse any track you want.
Glad to know - let's get somebody on the vinyl or digital version of Abbey Road and get Amy off the hook.

I think it will say "Baylor University will hire _______ ________ as President in April of 2017"...

- KEB
GoldMind
Does anyone REALLY care if Elton John or Rob Halford is gay? Both are extremely talented singers.
Hob Howelll
Which is the best Beatle? Personally I'm partial to Paul McCartney, but some argue that John Lennon took the group from silly teenage love songs to the more psychedelic classic rock group that made such albums as Abby Roads and Let it Be

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.