Trump Shot

59,379 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by boognish_bear
Fat Daddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Sorry, not sorry. This is the truth.

These 2 small women couldn't stop anyone from hurting the President...

But they have the sunglasses…
Assassin
Lefts reply to Amber Rose:

Democratic strategist Van Jones said Monday that model and rapper Amber Rose's speech was "the most effective" of Day 1 of the Republican National Convention and therefore could be "the most dangerous" for Democrats in this election cycle.

"That was probably the most dangerous speech for the Democratic coalition," Jones said Monday evening on CNN. "That is a young woman of color. She is describing the experience that a lot of people have feeling that maybe, if you're around too many liberals, you might get criticized too much or you might not be able to speak your mind, and she spoke to it really well."

"And she's way more famous than any of us up here I'm going to tell you that way more famous. And so to the extent that these guys are trying to bust up our coalition, that was a bunker buster right there," Jones, a CNN commentator, said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4774658-van-jones-amber-rose-republican-national-convention-speech-2024/
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
KaiBear
nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

How did the shooter KNOW there would be a ladder available at this building ?

Come on people.

He brought it with him.

So this goofus brings a ladder and a rifle and magically knows the security parameter depth, along with which building would provide the easy 130 yard shot .
And he did this all completely unaided
Of course, who could possibly doubt it ?

Sure man, I'm running a 2 for 1 special on tin foil hats. Let me know how many you need.

Well this clever response certainly explains all the questions involved on the attempted murder of an ex president.

Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity or incompetence.

American history does not support such naivety.
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

boognish_bear said:

WTH??

Sloped? Roofers, contractors walk on larger inclines everyday.

thats a 2/12 pitch roof.. Joe Biden could walk up there without issue.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
KaiBear
Dem surrogates have wanted Trump dead for a long time.

'put a bullseye on him'

This is not a difficult analysis.
boognish_bear
Assassin said:

"And she's way more famous than any of us up here I'm going to tell you that way more famous. And so to the extent that these guys are trying to bust up our coalition, that was a bunker buster right there," Jones, a CNN commentator, said.

Maybe I'm to old....but I had never heard of Amber Rose before last night...
57Bear
Jack Bauer said:

Sorry, not sorry. This is the truth.

These 2 small women couldn't stop anyone from hurting the President...

That is why there are 3 small women there.
whiterock
KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

Come on people.

He brought it with him.

So this goofus brings a ladder and a rifle and magically knows the security parameter depth, along with which building would provide the easy 130 yard shot .

Sure man, I'm running a 2 for 1 special on tin foil hats. Let me know how many you need.

Well this clever response certainly explains all the questions involved on the attempted murder of an ex president.

don't overthink it.

The building the sniper used was the obvious (i.e. only) choice for a sniper to use within practical ranges of the stage. I suspect we will see the following:
-a) the Secret Service site survey will have acknowledged that the building was a threat, but did not assess it needed to be inside the SS controlled perimeter. (bad decision).
-b) placing the building outside of the SS perimeter delegated defense of the building to local LE.
-c) SS did not mandate how the LE perimeter (the building) was to be defended.
-d) local LE did an inadequate survey of its own area.
-e) local LE assumed that occupying the inside of the building as its HQ was tantamount to defense of the entire building.
-f) ergo local LE did not station officers on the roof (assuming occupancy of the building = occupancy of the roof.)

Resource constraints could have significantly impacted analysis involved in step A. SS could have made that template work IF it had mandated protocols inside the local LE area (i.e. demanding a police presence on the rooftop). ONE COP WITH A SIDEARM on that roof and the situation totally changes. Either the shooter sees the deterrence and withdraws, or initiates a firefight to seize the position. In the latter scenario, the firefight itself illuminates the threat and Trump is whisked away safely.

*inadequate site survey
*inadequate site plan
*inadequate supervision of areas/responsibilities delegated to local LE

It was a multi-step failure. But just one cop sitting on the roof of that building would have saved the day.

boognish_bear
whiterock
Keep an eye on this one:

KaiBear
whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

Come on people.

He brought it with him.

don't overthink it.

The building the sniper used was the obvious (i.e. only) choice for a sniper to use within practical ranges of the stage. I suspect we will see the following:
-a) the Secret Service site survey will have acknowledged that the building was a threat, but did not assess it needed to be inside the SS controlled perimeter. (bad decision).
-b) placing the building outside of the SS perimeter delegated defense of the building to local LE.
-e) local LE assumed that occupying the inside of the building as its HQ was tantamount to defense of the entire building.
-f) ergo local LE did not station officers on the roof (assuming occupancy of the building = occupancy of the roof.)

Resource constraints could have significantly impacted analysis involved in step A. SS could have made that template work IF it had mandated protocols inside the local LE area (i.e. demanding a police presence on the rooftop). ONE COP WITH A SIDEARM on that roof and the situation totally changes. Either the shooter sees the deterrence and withdraws, or initiates a firefight to seize the position. In the latter scenario, the firefight itself illuminates the threat and Trump is whisked away safely.

*inadequate site survey
*inadequate site plan

It was a multi-step failure. But just one cop sitting on the roof of that building would have saved the day.

Let's not overthink this in either direction.

Raid Trumps house with the FBI.
Adjust state laws to sue Trump for nothing.
Retroactively inflate state laws to illegally convict Trump

' put a bullseye on him '

From the President of the United States
KaiBear
KaiBear said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

Come on people.

He brought it with him.

don't overthink it.

*inadequate site survey
*inadequate site plan

Shooter had assistance.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

KaiBear said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

Come on people.

He brought it with him.

don't overthink it.

*inadequate site survey
*inadequate site plan

Shooter had assistance.
I am starting to think you have a point. He had NO social media footprint, nothing on his phone and nothing to indicate motive. The guy was a ghost?
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

KaiBear said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

Come on people.

He brought it with him.

don't overthink it.

*inadequate site survey
*inadequate site plan

Shooter had assistance.
I am starting to think you have a point. He had NO social media footprint, nothing on his phone and nothing to indicate motive. The guy was a ghost?

Amazing right ?

Reminds me of a certain laptop the FBI 'investigated'.
Bestweekeverr
KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

Come on people.

He brought it with him.

Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity or incompetence.

Yes it does. The assassinations of Lincoln, Garfield, and McKinley could all be attributed to incompetence of protection rather than internal grand conspiracies.
Jack Bauer
4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

boognish_bear said:

WTH??

If you are telling me the caliber of SS members cannot handle that roof incline, then we have bigger issues.

Middle age men climb on roofs worse than that every weekend.
boognish_bear
Oldbear83
Here are my thoughts on what all happened, after thinking on the known facts and speaking with some people in the business:

Almost no chance this was a conspiracy, partly due to the fact that security was coordinated between local/county Law Enforcement and the USSS detail. If someone wanted to have Trump killed, they would have had one agency handle everything so they could control the outcome. There has been no indication from police on the scene that anyone wanted to ignore a threat.

The issues come down to the following four questions:

1. Why was the rooftop used by the shooter not manned by Secret Service agents?

2. Why did the Secret Service allow Trump to take the stage after being warned there was an unknown person on the roof close to the venue?

3. Why did the Secret Service wait so long before moving Trump to the SUV?

4. Who chose the detail for that day, and why did several agents clearly screw up their assignments during the crisis?

To the first question, we have already heard two excuses from officials (the building was somehow 'outside the Secret Service's area, and that the angle of the roof was too steep to be considered viable for a shooter), neither of which comes close to believable. I believe this actually helps show this was incompetence rather than a conspiracy, because a conspirator would be ready for this question and have a credible answer ready, most likely blaming someone on the detail for missing the assignment. What happened here feels like an 'oh sh--' moment for the Service, and the excuses we got were tossed out while the Service scrambles to figure out WTH actually happened.

To the second, I have not heard anyone bring up the question yet in the media. but the Service and FBI definitely will be asking. That is, for every event there is a code word used which if said by an agent will immediately cause the removal of the principal from the scene. As soon as they realized someone was on the roof that should not be, the Service should have prevented Trump from taking the stage and once they learned there was a potential threat. Multiple people will see their careers end because they did not execute this basic action every detail is trained to know.

To the third, the video of the detail's reaction to the shooting was both impressive and alarming in the same action. A number of agents acted in exemplary fashion, and let's remember that the agents on-stage were assigned to pay all their attention on the primary and let someone else worry about the peripheral zone. But several other agents froze and were slow to react, notably the female agents.

Let's be clear that using female agents is not an issue, but anyone in a protective detail has to be tall enough to cover the principal effectively, and absolutely has to act immediately to threats to their principal. The women generally failed to be in position, to cover the President, and to assist in moving Trump to the SUV and escape from the threat. The female agents will probably still be able to stay in the Service, but I doubt they will ever work in a protective detail again.

To the fourth question, some of this has already been covered, but the feds in DC will have to explain how what happened Saturday did not have DEI influence The heads of the Secret Service, DOJ and DHS will also have to explain why Service details have been understaffed this year. You may recall that staffing shortages was one of the reasons given for not granting Secret Service protection to RFK Jr. earlier this year. And one comment that showed up during the weekend, was that Trump's protection needed support from local police because the Service was short-handed. To some extent, the claim that Service agents were moved from Trump to Jill Biden is important not because of who should have been more important, but the fact that the Service could not cover all their important assignments is a big problem. Given their budget, the inability to cover all their important assignments is going to lead to some tough questions when Congress starts their inquiry.

TLDR: No conspiracy, but a royal mess that will cost some people their careers, and take a lot of work to unravel.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Assassin
boognish_bear said:

Had not heard about this. Dang. Makes this past weekends events even crazier
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GrowlTowel
Aliceinbubbleland said:

and where did you serve other than in the law library?

Baylor Line. You?
KaiBear
Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

Come on people.

He brought it with him.

Yes it does. The assassinations of Lincoln, Garfield, and McKinley could all be attributed to incompetence of protection rather than internal grand conspiracies.

Lincoln's assassination was a conspiracy….remember ?

The last one so described.

KaiBear
Assassin said:

boognish_bear said:

Had not heard about this. Dang. Makes this past weekends events even crazier

Interesting timing for this 'disclosure' don't you know.

Obvious smokescreen.
boognish_bear
I'm not sure what establishing the political leanings of the parents really has to do with the shooter. Plenty of 20 year olds hold views different than their parents.

boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
Look at these men barely able to stand on this slightly inclined roof..

Art Vandelay
4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

boognish_bear said:

WTH??

Aliceinbubbleland
GrowlTowel said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Baylor Line. You?

2 years active. 4 years reserve US Army
Kamala Harris: Lina Hidalgo on steroids.
Assassin
Daily Mail"

Quote:

One of the snipers saw Crooks outside the building and staring up at the roof where he would eventually commit the shooting, CBS News reported.

Another sniper even took a photo of Crooks after he went back, sat down and checked his phone.

Snipers began to take real action when Crooks got out a rangefinder, with one of them sending a radio message to their command post, before Crooks vanished once more.

He returned once again, however, with a backpack. Multiple snipers radioed that he was headed to the back of the building.

However, by the time backup arrived, he'd already gotten to the roof, with some officers hypothesizing that he used an air conditioning unit to make his climb.
Assassin
Aliceinbubbleland said:

GrowlTowel said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Baylor Line. You?

Thanks for your service! 2 years - were you drafted?
GrowlTowel
Aliceinbubbleland said:

GrowlTowel said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Baylor Line. You?

And this makes your opinions more or less relevant regarding the useless blather Elvis posted on twitter?
Redbrickbear
Aliceinbubbleland
Yep
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
Trying to imagine what instructions were given to these 105 )

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.