North Korea Makes an Offer

106 Views | 748 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HuMcK
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

55 possible remains of out 8,000.

Do you think NK just has all the remains of US soldiers in a warehouse? Or their spots on the battlefields marked?

Doesn't matter what I think. Trump can't claim a diplomatic victory. NK still nuclear.
Straw man.

You brought up the soldier remains.

Now you deflect and want to talk about nuclear capabilities.

Two different topics.

Please name another President who has gotten North Korea to return a single remain of US Soldiers?
http://time.com/5318121/president-trump-north-korea-war-soldiers-remains/

According to this article -- fake news, no doubt -- North Korea returned remains under George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and (presumably) Bill Clinton's Administrations.

Here, I'll even paste the relevant passage for you:

Between 1990 and 2005, North Korea returned 229 caskets containing the remains of American soldiers, and repatriated another six soldiers in 2007. In 2015, North Korea returned the remains of Robert V. Witt, an American soldier who was taken prisoner and died of malnutrition in Jan. 1951, after his identity was confirmed with DNA tests.

Well, it was a nice try. It's always the double secret requirement that gets you.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Florda_mike
Thanks to Waco1947, what's the word for today?

Answer: Strawman
bubbadog
fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Do you think NK just has all the remains of US soldiers in a warehouse? Or their spots on the battlefields marked?

Doesn't matter what I think. Trump can't claim a diplomatic victory. NK still nuclear.
Straw man.

Two different topics.

Please name another President who has gotten North Korea to return a single remain of US Soldiers?

According to this article -- fake news, no doubt -- North Korea returned remains under George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and (presumably) Bill Clinton's Administrations.

Between 1990 and 2005, North Korea returned 229 caskets containing the remains of American soldiers, and repatriated another six soldiers in 2007. In 2015, North Korea returned the remains of Robert V. Witt, an American soldier who was taken prisoner and died of malnutrition in Jan. 1951, after his identity was confirmed with DNA tests.
You may have proved him wrong, but that just means that cowboy actually proved you wrong. You understand how this works, right?
cowboycwr
bubbadog said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

You may have proved him wrong, but that just means that cowboy actually proved you wrong. You understand how this works, right?
I'll ask you the same thing I asked him and got no answer on.

Which president met with NK and worked on those specific deliveries of remains?

In 2005 some remains were sent to the US but is was not because Bush went and met with NK or any other direct action of him.

So no Fubar did not prove me wrong. He proved that I was 100% right.
cowboycwr
quash said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Well, it was a nice try. It's always the double secret requirement that gets you.
Please provide evidence of another president meeting with NK to discuss the return of remains of US soldiers and then NK returning remains.

Waco1947
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Please provide evidence of another president meeting with NK to discuss the return of remains of US soldiers and then NK returning remains.

. Which other president gave NK an international stage and praised a murderous dictator and wished his own people adored him like the NK people.
The personal meeting is immaterial to the returns. There were other avenues for the returns but much harm was done internationally by your bungling, incoherent president
Waco1947
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

. Which other president gave NK an international stage and praised a murderous dictator and wished his own people adored him like the NK people.
The personal meeting is immaterial to the returns. There were other avenues for the returns but much harm was done internationally by your bungling, incoherent president
Deflection. You did not answer my question.
Waco1947
None. Satisfied? But truth still stands. Trump screwed it up
Waco1947
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

He screwed up getting the remains home? Now we know how you feel about the return of Americans.

Glad we straightened that out.
Waco1947
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

He screwed up getting the remains home? Now we know how you feel about the return of Americans.

Not what I said. I said he screwed up praising Kim and promising peace in our time (no nukes).
The other presidents got remains home without personal meeting. I'm thankful for the familes' Sake but Trump overall did not do well for America
Waco1947
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Not what I said. I said he screwed up praising Kim and promising peace in our time (no nukes).
The other presidents got remains home without personal meeting. I'm thankful for the familes' Sake but Trump overall did not do well for America
UMMM no that is what you said.

Here is how we got started on this.

I posted an article that NK was returning remains. Then a few weeks later you posted 55 remains out of 8,000.

I asked if you thought NK had the remains just stored somewhere or locations on the battlefields marked.

Then you said Trump can't claim a diplomatic victory because nukes.

So we were talking about the remains and you deflected and went off on nukes but did not reply to what was being presented about the remains.

The other presidents had almost nothing to do with the remains being returned. NK did so because we paid them. Yup that is right we paid to get our remains back.

This thing is not over or done so NK may very well disarm in the future. This is how negotiations work. But you crazy liberals try to cling to every little piece of info you can to claim he is a failure- which is exactly what you tried to do with the 55 remains out of 8,000 (which is actually the wrong number but you don't seem to care about facts) to show that he did not get all of the remains at once like they are just sitting somewhere and we know where they are.
fubar
cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

So which president met with NK to discuss those remains being returned?

The article made no mention of that.

Thank you for proving my point.
That's not what you asked. "Please name another President who has gotten North Korea to return a single remain of US Soldiers?"

Direct quote, dip*****
fubar
bubbadog said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

And sadly, I still play the silly game.
cowboycwr
fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

That's not what you asked. "Please name another President who has gotten North Korea to return a single remain of US Soldiers?"

Direct quote, dip*****
Yes and which president met with NK and discussed returning of remains among other things?

Answer- Trump is the only one. Remains returned under Clinton or Bush were not because of them meeting with NK.
cowboycwr
fubar said:

bubbadog said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

And sadly, I still play the silly game.
Because sadly you didn't provide any evidence that meets the question.

Name another president who has gotten NK to return remains?

Not remains that were returned under a previous president who had zero to do with the returning of remains- which is what you did.
quash
fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Direct quote, dip*****

Now you have two feet stuck on the tarbaby.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Waco1947
I'm thrown in the briar patch too
Waco1947
cowboycwr
quash said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Direct quote, dip*****

Maybe you can help him out and provide evidence of a president besides Trump who meet with NK to get remains returned home? Not just took credit for it when it happened and we paid them to do so.
J.R.
Well, the Trumps just levied more sanction on NK. Guess, it ain't going as well as the Trumps claimed.
quash
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Direct quote, dip*****

Maybe you can help him out and provide evidence of a president besides Trump who meet with NK to get remains returned home? Not just took credit for it when it happened and we paid them to do so.

You changed "gotten" to "meet". You moved the goalpost after fubar scored.
fubar 7
cowboycwr 0
cowboycwr
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Direct quote, dip*****

fubar 7
cowboycwr 0
No goalposts have been moved at all.

As usual you want to argue about minor words instead of the topic.

Whether we go with gotten, meet, agreed, decided or any other word I am still waiting for one of you to provide evidence of another president being actively involved in getting remains returned.

All that has been provided is a general list of remains being returned because we paid NK to do so not because a president took action to get it done.

Cowboycwr.... 49
Quash.... -63
Fubar....0
quash
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Direct quote, dip*****

fubar 7
cowboycwr 0

Whether we go with gotten, meet, agreed, decided or any other word I am still waiting for one of you to provide evidence of another president being actively involved in getting remains returned.

All that has been provided is a general list of remains being returned because we paid NK to do so not because a president took action to get it done.

Cowboycwr.... 49
Quash.... -63
Fubar....0

Words have meaning. When you change words the meaning changes.

And you are the king of getting all about minor words Captain Pedantic.
fubar
cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Direct quote, dip*****
Yes and which president met with NK and discussed returning of remains among other things?

Answer- Trump is the only one. Remains returned under Clinton or Bush were not because of them meeting with NK.
A part of me really hopes that this is an internet persona you've created and think it's funny to cling to. My gut says this is what you are like in real life.

Why in the world would anybody answer a question you didn't originally ask? But of course, NO PRESIDENT PRIOR TO TRUMP HAS PERSONALLY MET WITH ANY OF THE KIMS. So your new question is stupid.

Now, I don't recall either President Bush, President Clinton, or President Obama in front of any microphone taking credit for repatriating remains. None of them was so narcissistic as to do something of the sort. You are free to post a link to any of them doing that. But are you seriously suggesting that such actions happened without their blessing? Without their involvement? Does it only count if the president spent hundreds of millions on a summit?

For the record, I applaud Trump for thinking outside the box and meeting with Kim, and I thank him for his work getting the remains home. I also thank the North Koreans, who by accounts treated these remains with reverence.

Now piss off, twit.
cowboycwr
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Direct quote, dip*****

fubar 7
cowboycwr 0

Cowboycwr.... 49
Quash.... -63
Fubar....0

Words have meaning. When you change words the meaning changes.

And you are the king of getting all about minor words Captain Pedantic.

Lol. Neither of those words change my original question. Which I'm still waiting for an answer on. What other president has been responsible for getting remains home?
cowboycwr
fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Direct quote, dip*****

A part of me really hopes that this is an internet persona you've created and think it's funny to cling to. My gut says this is what you are like in real life.

Why in the world would anybody answer a question you didn't originally ask? But of course, NO PRESIDENT PRIOR TO TRUMP HAS PERSONALLY MET WITH ANY OF THE KIMS. So your new question is stupid.

Now, I don't recall either President Bush, President Clinton, or President Obama in front of any microphone taking credit for repatriating remains. None of them was so narcissistic as to do something of the sort. You are free to post a link to any of them doing that. But are you seriously suggesting that such actions happened without their blessing? Without their involvement? Does it only count if the president spent hundreds of millions on a summit?

For the record, I applaud Trump for thinking outside the box and meeting with Kim, and I thank him for his work getting the remains home. I also thank the North Koreans, who by accounts treated these remains with reverence.

Now piss off, twit.

Lol. Yes you are soooo smart you can tell what a person is like based off internet posts.... oh wait no you're not.

My original question is the same as when I reworded it. What other president has gotten remains home?

None.

I like it here. I think I will stay. So just stop replying and admit you are wrong if you want me to go away. Otherwise I will continue to prove you wrong.
bubbadog
cowboycwr said:

I like it here. I think I will stay. So just stop replying and admit you are wrong if you want me to go away. Otherwise I will continue to prove you wrong.
Wait, does this mean that if he does admit he's wrong, you'll go away?

Fubar, take one for the team, bro!
fubar
quash said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Direct quote, dip*****

Managed to now get an arm stuck too.
cowboycwr
bubbadog said:

cowboycwr said:

No I just means I'll leave him alone and stop proving him wrong. I still have lots of work left to do on you though.
quash
cowboycwr said:

bubbadog said:

cowboycwr said:

No I just means I'll leave him alone and stop proving him wrong. I still have lots of work left to do on you though.

He wasn't wrong in his answer to your first question.
He has now answered your rephrased question. Admit that this answer is correct.
cowboycwr
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

bubbadog said:

cowboycwr said:

No he hasn't. I asked for proof that another president has been responsible for bringing troop remains home. No one has done anything other than provide an article that mentioned remains being sent home. But no where did it mention anything about a president.

Nor did it mention that we PAID NK to send those remains home.

What you and others fail to realize is that if Trump is doing exactly what other presidents have done and yet you attack him for it then you are just being hypocrites and attacking Trump because you can/want to.
quash
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

bubbadog said:

cowboycwr said:

No he hasn't. I asked for proof that another president has been responsible for bringing troop remains home. No one has done anything other than provide an article that mentioned remains being sent home. But no where did it mention anything about a president.

What you and others fail to realize is that if Trump is doing exactly what other presidents have done and yet you attack him for it then you are just being hypocrites and attacking Trump because you can/want to.

"
Why in the world would anybody answer a question you didn't originally ask? But of course, NO PRESIDENT PRIOR TO TRUMP HAS PERSONALLY MET WITH ANY OF THE KIMS. So your new question is stupid."
Right there.

You even replied to it.
Now, all your questions have been answered.

But I bet you're not done.
cowboycwr
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

bubbadog said:

cowboycwr said:

"
Why in the world would anybody answer a question you didn't originally ask? But of course, NO PRESIDENT PRIOR TO TRUMP HAS PERSONALLY MET WITH ANY OF THE KIMS. So your new question is stupid."
Right there.

You even replied to it.

Because you and everyone else have failed to take the next step and admit that if no president has met with the Kims that no president has been responsible for bringing remains home.
quash
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

bubbadog said:

cowboycwr said:

"
Right there.

You even replied to it.

Because you and everyone else have failed to take the next step and admit that if no president has met with the Kims that no president has been responsible for bringing remains home.
Not done. Shock.
cowboycwr
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

bubbadog said:

cowboycwr said:

"
Right there.

You even replied to it.

Not done. Shock.
lol chuckle
HuMcK
Unclear if this means the originally cancelled excercises are back on but it's good to hear.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.