North Korea Makes an Offer

68,655 Views | 748 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HuMcK
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

"Short range ballistic missiles."

Yawn.
It's not the range, it's the speed. Wake up.
HuMcK said it was the range. I'm sorry, but I've seen the same film too many times. It's the nukes, well no it's the missiles, or no it's the chemical weapons, or lack of women's rights, or we don't like their leader's haircut. Has a lulling effect after a while.
Like the list of promises made to every president for decades? Why is this lullaby prettier?

And don't discount speed, Russia is ahead on the same tech.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yawn.
HuMcK said it was the range. I'm sorry, but I've seen the same film too many times. It's the nukes, well no it's the missiles, or no it's the chemical weapons, or lack of women's rights, or we don't like their leader's haircut. Has a lulling effect after a while.
Like the list of promises made to every president for decades? Why is this lullaby prettier?

Both sides have broken promises for decades. I'm not shocked that the temporary curtailment of missile tests was...well, temporary.
J.R.
But Kim did send the Trumps a very sweet love letter. What POTUS says chit like that?
TexasScientist
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yawn.

Both sides have broken promises for decades. I'm not shocked that the temporary curtailment of missile tests was...well, temporary.
So what has Trump received other than an invite across the line into N. Korea? They've tested nukes all they need to know that they can make them correctly. Short range testings can be extrapolated to long range applications.
Sam Lowry
TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yawn.

So what has Trump received other than an invite across the line into N. Korea? They've tested nukes all they need to know that they can make them correctly. Short range testings can be extrapolated to long range applications.
All of that was true before Trump took office.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yawn.

Right. And it's still true, despite the assertions that Trump was goibg to get a different outcome. And he may yet, but not so far.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yawn.

Right. And it's still true, despite the assertions that Trump was going to get a different outcome. And he may yet, but not so far.

Three Americans returned through Trump's intervention:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles/three-americans-freed-by-north-korea-head-home-thank-trump-idUSKBN1IA08I

Troops killed in the Korea War returned by NK:

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/27/17621448/north-korea-trump-remains-55-war

Missile testing suspended for about a year a half:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43846488

Compared to Obama, Bush, et al, that's pretty good.
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yawn.

Right. And it's still true, despite the assertions that Trump was goibg to get a different outcome. And he may yet, but not so far.

Yep.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yawn.

Right. And it's still true, despite the assertions that Trump was going to get a different outcome. And he may yet, but not so far.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles/three-americans-freed-by-north-korea-head-home-thank-trump-idUSKBN1IA08I

BBC - Mr Kim said further tests were unnecessary because Pyongyang's nuclear capabilities had been "verified". How can Trump take credit for accomplishing anything with this?
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yawn.

BBC - Mr Kim said further tests were unnecessary because Pyongyang's nuclear capabilities had been "verified".
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, that's why the timing worked out as it did.

And the other 2 points? When did, for example, Barack Obama get solders' remains returned, or Americans returned from North Korea?
quash
If you're actually researching this you know that 629 sets of remains were returned between 1990 and 2005, when President Bush ended the program. He felt like the $22 million we had paid for the remains was being used to fund nuclear research, Bush Lite agreed.
Oldbear83
quash said:

If you're actually researching this you know that 629 sets of remains were returned between 1990 and 2005, when President Bush ended the program. He felt like the $22 million we had paid for the remains was being used to fund nuclear research, Bush Lite agreed.
Did we pay for the remains sent after Trump met with little wannanuke?

I have not seen anything to indicate that was the case.

And that still leave the not-insignificant matter of the US citizens Trump got returned.
HuMcK
And yet for some reason our idiot POTUS is currently focused on a feud with Denmark...
J.R.
So, did NK de-nuke? Trumps told us they did about 18 mo ago. About time for another "Love Letter"!. Just ***?
HuMcK

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.