North Korea Makes an Offer

111 Views | 748 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HuMcK
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

I bet you'd get a hard-on if Pearl Harbor happened again as long as it was under Trump.

Another whiff. We want Trump to succeed with NK but so far NK has not lived up to expections.
But it's Trump insistence that a loss is somehow a huge win.
Trump said NK will de-nuclearize. But NK said "The Korean Peninsula will de-nuclearize." Meaning no US troops in SK. I want him to succeed -a de-nuclearized NK is a great win. But I don't want a pretend success.
He's had far more success so far than anyone before him. You shouldn't expect it overnight.

And quite frankly, I don't believe you because you jump with joy everytime you hear something might be wrong with our NK relationship.
And just how do you measure that success prior to anyone before him? Do tell?
Anyone else have a letter like this?

A thank you note? Cracker please.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

I bet you'd get a hard-on if Pearl Harbor happened again as long as it was under Trump.

Another whiff. We want Trump to succeed with NK but so far NK has not lived up to expections.
Trump said NK will de-nuclearize. But NK said "The Korean Peninsula will de-nuclearize." Meaning no US troops in SK. I want him to succeed -a de-nuclearized NK is a great win. But I don't want a pretend success.
He's had far more success so far than anyone before him. You shouldn't expect it overnight.

And quite frankly, I don't believe you because you jump with joy everytime you hear something might be wrong with our NK relationship.

Cracker please?

What are you Cinque now?
Florda_mike
Potential sock discovery?
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Cracker please?

What are you Cinque now?

Now? I've been trying to bring back "cracker" for years.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Cracker please?

What are you Cinque now?

Now? I've been trying to bring back "cracker" for years.
That's so fetch!
bubbadog
GolemIII said:

If we are all being honest, DPRK is just a tough nut to crack. We've gone down a bunch of different roads with them through D and R administrations and nothing seems to work. The options seem to be either try something (anything at all) or don't and the results are much the same. Adding to that, China likes having a hornets nest there...It keeps neighbors off the porch. So they aren't going to do anything.

The only real solution to this does NOT involve diplomacy. It involves war and death and likely a fair amount fo nuclear fall out. It was worth a shot negotiating with a kid in his 20s who is new to the dictator thing. If it completely fails, we are exactly where we started and all DPRK got was a catered lunch in Singapore.
Yes, it is nice to have some honesty on this topic, which is what your first paragraph is all about. Another reason that China won't dethrone Kim is that within the Chinese leadership there is a faction that believes removing Kim would achieve a US objective, and thus would show weakness on China's part. Perhaps that internal division will be less of an issue now that Xi is consolidating his power.

A further step toward honesty would be to admit that Trump has no magic bullets, just as his predecessors didn't.

I disagree with your second paragraph. Diplomacy probably won't bring dramatic change to NK. This doesn't mean that war is the only alternative. Our old Cold War doctrines of containment and mutually assured destruction are still valid options with NK. As the legendary Baylor professor Ralph Lynn used to say, "I'm a big fan of the Cold War. It is much better than hot war." If NK doesn't want to drop its nuclear program in return for a nonaggression treaty with the US and South Korea, we can keep them sanctioned and isolated, with the threat that any use of their nuclear arsenal will be met with disproportional, total destruction of their regime. And then just let things stand that way until there is enough internal change to allow progress, as there eventually was with Gorbachev in the USSR.
HuMcK
corncob pipe
it hurt you to post that I know
Florda_mike
HuMcK said:

Who posted this for you?
Jack and DP
At least he posted it.
quash
I got excited about tbis story, then I saw the same story at CNN.

Darn. It's Fake News! Sad!
Florda_mike
quash said:

So there's so much winning happening everywhere, simultaneously, that even CNN can't find negative or fake news about Trump to show?

I'm not tired of this kind of winning
quash
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

So there's so much winning happening everywhere, simultaneously, that even CNN can't find negative or fake news about Trump to show?

National debt: $21 trillion.

New record.

Winning!
cowboycwr
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

New record.

Winning!
LOL. Who spent 8 years getting us to that point and added more than any other president??????

Can't blame Trump for an issue that has existed since before he took office.
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

New record.

Winning!

Ahhh but Quash found something negative

You should start QNN!

Maybe DNC would drop CNN and go to Quash Network News?
quash
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

New record.

Winning!
LOL. Who spent 8 years getting us to that point and added more than any other president??????

You pretty much covered any action by Trump. Hard to invent an issue never addressed by any prior president.

And, just to be factual, Obama never got us to this point, he fell short of $21 trillion.

I know how you like to be right about everything, so if the debt hit $21 trillion under Obama I'm sure you'll let me know.
cowboycwr
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

New record.

Winning!

You pretty much covered any action by Trump. Hard to invent an issue never addressed by any prior president.

And, just to be factual, Obama never got us to this point, he fell short of $21 trillion.

I know how you like to be right about everything, so if the debt hit $21 trillion under Obama I'm sure you'll let me know.
As usual you miss the point and want to pick out minor details. I NEVER claimed Obama got to 21. Just that he added so much to get us even up to 20 so that it could hit 21. But I wouldn't expect for you to understand how to go from 10 to 11 to 12 to 13.... because you only have 10 fingers and don't know what to do after that point.....
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

Who posted this for you?
Pretty good propaganda.
quash
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

New record.

Winning!

As usual you miss the point and want to pick out minor details. I NEVER claimed Obama got to 21. Just that he added so much to get us even up to 20 so that it could hit 21. But I wouldn't expect for you to understand how to go from 10 to 11 to 12 to 13.... because you only have 10 fingers and don't know what to do after that point.....

So Trump got us to this point, thanks. And, there were debts before Obama.

$21 trillion. FFS.
cowboycwr
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

New record.

Winning!

$21 trillion. FFS.
Nope. Obama did by getting us to all the numbers that lead up to 21.

Yes there were debts before obama... but no one ADDED more to it than Obuma.
Florda_mike
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

New record.

Winning!

$21 trillion. FFS.

In fairness I thought Clinton had it balanced(Bill and certainly not Hillary!) and then Bush and obama gave us $20T debt in 16 short years

Right or wrong?
cowboycwr
Florda_mike said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

New record.

Winning!

$21 trillion. FFS.

In fairness I thought Clinton had it balanced(Bill and certainly not Hillary!) and then Bush and obama gave us $20T debt in 16 short years

Right or wrong?
Correct. It was one of the few things Bill actually got done in between BJ's and cigars.....
ATL Bear
Florda_mike said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

New record.

Winning!

$21 trillion. FFS.

Right or wrong?
Reality is that it's never been balanced. Even the year of "no deficit" where the government actually brought in more revenue than it spent during the Clinton years, it still required using Social Security and Medicare funds to help cover general federal budget spending. Of our ugly $21 Trillion debt, the largest debt holder is "intergovernmental holdings", and individually within that it's the SS trust fund that is the single largest holder. The Federal Reserve is the next largest debt holder thanks to good ole Quantitative Easing. And who says we don't play games like the Chinese with our economy?
Osodecentx
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

New record.

Winning!

$21 trillion. FFS.

Seems like folks want to blame someone rather than solve the problem.

Repub and Dems got us here. What are we going to do? We are doing nothing and will continue
Waco1947
"The last episode of Trump's personal diplomacy provides a disquieting precedent. Trump emerged from his meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un convinced he had gained dramatic new concessions. He tweeted triumphantly on June 13: "Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!"
In fact, the North Koreans conceded nothing on the nuclear issue. Trump boastfully contrasted his Korean breakthrough with the Obama approach. "President Obama said that North Korea was our biggest and most dangerous problem. No longer - sleep well tonight!" A month later, Trump has reverted exactly to the Obama policy of strategic patience and de-facto acquiescence to Korean nuclearization.

The whole thing was a con from the start, and even now it remains unclear whether Trump was in on the conor was its dupe.

Is history repeating itself? Trump is advertising his meeting with Putin as his next triumph. The only alternative to supporting Trump is nuclear war with Russia, the president insists, as do his henchpeople, on the government payroll and off. But what happened?". David Frum
Waco1947
cowboycwr
North Korea to return remains of soldiers

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/26/us-anticipates-north-korea-will-return-remains-55-service-members-official-says.html

so much winning. I know the left is tired of it. LOL
quash
Asked at the Senate hearing about N. Korea and nuclear weapons production, Sec. Pompeo said ""Yes, that's correct ... Yes, they continue to produce fissile material."
quash
"Analysts who study satellite images say the North is firing up a large new reactor its second at Yongbyon, its top nuclear site. Such reactors make plutonium, a main fuel of nuclear arms. The new reactor, analysts say, can make four times more than the North's existing large reactor, which long supplied plutonium for its nuclear arsenal.

Last month in Senate testimony, Mr. Pompeo acknowledged that North Korea's plants "continue to produce fissile material," the technical term for the fuel at the core of nuclear warheads.

Separately, American intelligence officials have found that the North is continuing to make long-range missiles at a sprawling manufacturing site just north of Pyongyang, according to news reports. Analysts who study satellite imagery say they see daily activity at the plant consistent with missile production."

Winning!
HuMcK
Waco1947
55 possible remains of out 8,000.
Waco1947
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

Do you think NK just has all the remains of US soldiers in a warehouse? Or their spots on the battlefields marked?
Waco1947
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Do you think NK just has all the remains of US soldiers in a warehouse? Or their spots on the battlefields marked?

Doesn't matter what I think. Trump can't claim a diplomatic victory. NK still nuclear.
Waco1947
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Doesn't matter what I think. Trump can't claim a diplomatic victory. NK still nuclear.
Straw man.

You brought up the soldier remains.

Now you deflect and want to talk about nuclear capabilities.

Two different topics.

Please name another President who has gotten North Korea to return a single remain of US Soldiers?
fubar
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

Please name another President who has gotten North Korea to return a single remain of US Soldiers?
http://time.com/5318121/president-trump-north-korea-war-soldiers-remains/

According to this article -- fake news, no doubt -- North Korea returned remains under George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and (presumably) Bill Clinton's Administrations.

Here, I'll even paste the relevant passage for you:

Between 1990 and 2005, North Korea returned 229 caskets containing the remains of American soldiers, and repatriated another six soldiers in 2007. In 2015, North Korea returned the remains of Robert V. Witt, an American soldier who was taken prisoner and died of malnutrition in Jan. 1951, after his identity was confirmed with DNA tests.
cowboycwr
fubar said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

Straw man.

Two different topics.

http://time.com/5318121/president-trump-north-korea-war-soldiers-remains/

According to this article -- fake news, no doubt -- North Korea returned remains under George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and (presumably) Bill Clinton's Administrations.

Here, I'll even paste the relevant passage for you:

Between 1990 and 2005, North Korea returned 229 caskets containing the remains of American soldiers, and repatriated another six soldiers in 2007. In 2015, North Korea returned the remains of Robert V. Witt, an American soldier who was taken prisoner and died of malnutrition in Jan. 1951, after his identity was confirmed with DNA tests.
So which president met with NK to discuss those remains being returned?

The article made no mention of that.

Thank you for proving my point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.