North Korea Makes an Offer

86 Views | 748 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HuMcK
Golem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So nothing. Got it.
bubbadog
GolemIII said:

HuMcK said:

GolemIII said:

I bet you'd get a hard-on if Pearl Harbor happened again as long as it was under Trump.
That's pretty rich coming from the people who denigrated the Iran Deal and celebrated our unilateral withdrawal from it ( I wonder if that little stunt made a deal with NK more or less likely?). Your projection may be showing a little bit, because all I did was post a news link without commentary or opinion. I did warn y'all how this was probably gonna go, but y'all were too busy dreaming of a Nobel Peace Prize getting awarded to Trump to hear it...

How many hundreds of billions did Trump give Kim?
He returned Iran's money as part of a deal that Iran was living up to. That's the art of a deal. You give something; they give something. Trump has shown his willingness to give in exchange for getting. Maybe NK will demonstrate a willingness that goes beyond empty words. As Trump likes to say, "We'll see."
Doc Holliday
bubbadog said:

GolemIII said:

HuMcK said:

GolemIII said:

I bet you'd get a hard-on if Pearl Harbor happened again as long as it was under Trump.
That's pretty rich coming from the people who denigrated the Iran Deal and celebrated our unilateral withdrawal from it ( I wonder if that little stunt made a deal with NK more or less likely?). Your projection may be showing a little bit, because all I did was post a news link without commentary or opinion. I did warn y'all how this was probably gonna go, but y'all were too busy dreaming of a Nobel Peace Prize getting awarded to Trump to hear it...

He returned Iran's money as part of a deal that Iran was living up to. That's the art of a deal. You give something; they give something. Trump has shown his willingness to give in exchange for getting. Maybe NK will demonstrate a willingness that goes beyond empty words. As Trump likes to say, "We'll see."
And they used it to fund terrorism. You must be so proud.
JusHappy2BeHere
bubbadog said:

GolemIII said:

HuMcK said:

GolemIII said:

he tore up a great deal that was working while giving NK everything they want and getting nothing...

woooohoooo winning!!!!!!!!!
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Doc Holliday
Translation of the letter sent from Kim Jong Un to President Trump

Golem
JusHappy2BeHere said:

bubbadog said:

GolemIII said:

HuMcK said:

GolemIII said:

he tore up a great deal that was working while giving NK everything they want and getting nothing...

1. What did he give DPRK?
2. What was working about Iran deal?
Mitch Blood Green
Any here greet the remains with the many parents from the Korean War when they were returned?
Golem
tommie said:

Any here great the remains with the many parents from the Korean War when they were returned?

Words order what sentence did use you?
bubbadog
GolemIII said:

tommie said:

Any here great the remains with the many parents from the Korean War when they were returned?

Change the typo in "great" to "greet," and then the word order will be fine.
Golem
bubbadog said:

GolemIII said:

tommie said:

bubbadog
GolemIII said:

bubbadog said:

GolemIII said:

tommie said:

The joke was still good.
I intervened on behalf of those like Holliday and Florduh who would've scratched their heads for hours otherwise.
J.R.
GolemIII said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

bubbadog said:

GolemIII said:

HuMcK said:

GolemIII said:

He gave the DPRK legitimacy on the woulds stage. Unacceptable. We quit our military exercises and got Zero in return. What a deal maker.
quash
J.R. said:

GolemIII said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

bubbadog said:

GolemIII said:

HuMcK said:

GolemIII said:

He gave the DPRK legitimacy on the woulds stage. Unacceptable. We quit our military exercises and got Zero in return. What a deal maker.

Hey, we got four promises. The same four made to previous administrations and also broken.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Golem
J.R. said:

GolemIII said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

bubbadog said:

GolemIII said:

HuMcK said:

GolemIII said:

But he didn't, did he. People said he would, but to have legitimacy the world needs to see you as legit. You have to thus ACT legit as well to be seen that way. Trump just talked to him.

Does Kim have more legitimacy now? Nope. Thus he didn't get legitimized.
J.R.
GolemIII said:

J.R. said:

GolemIII said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

bubbadog said:

GolemIII said:

HuMcK said:

GolemIII said:

But he didn't, did he. People said he would, but to have legitimacy the world needs to see you as legit. You have to thus ACT legit as well to be seen that way. Trump just talked to him.

Does Kim have more legitimacy now? Nope. Thus he didn't get legitimized.
Yes, he thinks he does. I'm just glad Kim laid down all his nukes like Trumps said he would. Ain't happening.
Waco1947
GolemIII said:

Another whiff. We want Trump to succeed with NK but so far NK has not lived up to expections.
But it's Trump insistence that a loss is somehow a huge win.
Trump said NK will de-nuclearize. But NK said "The Korean Peninsula will de-nuclearize." Meaning no US troops in SK. I want him to succeed -a de-nuclearized NK is a great win. But I don't want a pretend success.
Waco1947
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Another whiff. We want Trump to succeed with NK but so far NK has not lived up to expections.
Trump said NK will de-nuclearize. But NK said "The Korean Peninsula will de-nuclearize." Meaning no US troops in SK. I want him to succeed -a de-nuclearized NK is a great win. But I don't want a pretend success.
He's had far more success so far than anyone before him. You shouldn't expect it overnight.

And quite frankly, I don't believe you because you jump with joy everytime you hear something might be wrong with our NK relationship.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

so US has nukes in SK or you just using term as a colloquialism? IE- that arguement is about to go nuclear...
ATL Bear
tommie said:

Any here greet the remains with the many parents from the Korean War when they were returned?
Not likely to have too many Korean War parents alive today. Spouses, siblings, and children perhaps.
bubbadog
ATL Bear said:

tommie said:

Not likely to have too many Korean War parents alive today. Spouses, siblings, and children perhaps.
The remains they were returning per the recent agreement involved an incident at the border much more recently than the Korean War. I read a story about the incident during Trump's trip to Singapore.
J.R.
oops. Pompeo was stood up by NK yesterday at a meeting to discuss returning our soldiers. Not a real good sign.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

He's had far more success so far than anyone before him. You shouldn't expect it overnight.

And quite frankly, I don't believe you because you jump with joy everytime you hear something might be wrong with our NK relationship.

Specifically what did Trump get that is far beyond any predecessors? Especially given that the four parts of the agreement had all been obtained before.

And your last paragraph is just false. As Americans we are starving for things to cheer for; the ongoing
failures of our president are no cause for celebration.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Specifically what did Trump get that is far beyond any predecessors? Especially given that the four parts of the agreement had all been obtained before.

And your last paragraph is just false. As Americans we are starving for things to cheer for; the ongoing

He actually met with Kim, made a new agreement and continues a good relationship with him.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

He actually met with Kim, made a new agreement and continues a good relationship with him.

Meeting with Kim, without concessions, is not a win for us, it's a win for Kim.

The agreement is not new.

Having a goid relationship with a ruthless autocrat, with nothing to show for it, is not a win either.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Having a goid relationship with a ruthless autocrat, with nothing to show for it, is not a win either.
Sounds like you want war.

What would you do differently than Trump?
Golem
If we are all being honest, DPRK is just a tough nut to crack. We've gone down a bunch of different roads with them through D and R administrations and nothing seems to work. The options seem to be either try something (anything at all) or don't and the results are much the same. Adding to that, China likes having a hornets nest there...It keeps neighbors off the porch. So they aren't going to do anything.

The only real solution to this does NOT involve diplomacy. It involves war and death and likely a fair amount fo nuclear fall out. It was worth a shot negotiating with a kid in his 20s who is new to the dictator thing. If it completely fails, we are exactly where we started and all DPRK got was a catered lunch in Singapore.
Osodecentx
GolemIII said:

The only real solution to this does NOT involve diplomacy. It involves war and death and likely a fair amount fo nuclear fall out. It was worth a shot negotiating with a kid in his 20s who is new to the dictator thing. If it completely fails, we are exactly where we started and all DPRK got was a catered lunch in Singapore.
A foreign power that takes out our electric grid for 6 months would result in a 90% kill rate in the civilian population.

Question: Do you think NK is capable of that now? In the near future?

The next war against the USA won't be nuclear, it will be cyber.
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Quash is a friggin idiot

There was no previous agreement active with any NOKO leader, as he insinuates, as there's been no US president that's even met with NOKO in eons
Doc Holliday
Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Quash is a friggin idiot

There was no previous agreement active with any NOKO leader, as he insinuates, as there's been no US president that's even met with NOKO in eons
Yep
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Crickets from Uber cabbie
Florda_mike
Osodecentx said:

GolemIII said:

A foreign power that takes out our electric grid for 6 months would result in a 90% kill rate in the civilian population.

Ok so then we should disregard any nuclear threat like the last president we had?

Ok
J.R.
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

And just how do you measure that success prior to anyone before him? Do tell?
Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

And just how do you measure that success prior to anyone before him? Do tell?
Anyone else have a letter like this?

Osodecentx
Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

GolemIII said:

Ok so then we should disregard any nuclear threat like the last president we had?

Ok
Of course not. My post was in reply to Golem. It may make more sense if you read his post and then mine.

In my opinion, we're not going to 'war and death and nuke them' for free. A war with NK will involve war and death on our homeland.

Question: Do you think NK is capable an EMP attack now or in the near future?
quash
Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Quash is a friggin idiot

An idiot would think that our Dept of State can't co.e to an agreement that the president signs in the oval office.

Meeting face to face was a gamble, so far it has only paid Kim.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.